What do you want to add to or improve in your console?

Lovejinder_LJ

As the topic says, what is it that you want to add to or improve in your console if you could?

It can be a PlayStation, XBOX or Nintendo doesn't matter

In my case, i would want the trophies on my PS3 to appear as soon as i fulfilled the requirement without a second's delay (I heard it is slow to pop up even in the PS4) and the messages to load faster (The messages though ARE faster in the PS4)

Would love to know what other people want in their consoles. :lol: 

Lovejinder_LJ.png

• Like 2

I want 3 things:

A better (or cleaner) PS4 dashboard (this was from a leaked image, idk if it's real), with folders, so I don't have to scroll through 30 things to get to my older digital games;

new-ps4-ui-folders-leaked.jpg?w=720&h=40

The next two I could live without, but it'd be nice to have them. Firstly, automatically updating trophies. Xbox has had it since the 360, don't see why playstation has to manually sync them with the server (Speaking of servers, I'd like better PSN servers in general).

This last one is a pet peeve of mine:

Bu7AvcfCcAApQt4.jpg

It kills me a little inside when some devs feel the need to add "Trophies" onto the end of a games title in the trophy menu, I wish they were removed. Its not even that big of a deal but it pisses me off to no end.

• Like 4

Its a cliche answer, but i still want them to put back in the back media features on the ps4 that the ps3 had. I use my ps3 to watch videos i have on my usb stick all the time and it was baffling to see no video media options available on ps4 outside of Sony's overpriced Video Unlimited.

I also want the ability to directly change my my ps4 profile pic from the console itself and not a stupid iphone app. That would require them to allow photos to be readable on the console by usb, another feature removed from ps3 era. :/

Theres one thing i would like added to the ps3 and thats the ability to prioritize which 100 friends are always shown on the friends list. Even though i have around 160, theres less than 100 of them that i am really close with and would like to always see their activities displayed on the XMB friends list.

I would want the XMB to actually WORK! trying to read a message for 5 minutes is inexcuseable!

i thought i was the only one having issues with my ps4 loading new messages. It takes hours to load them if you don't use your ps4 for a while. This wasn't nearly as much of an issue on the vita and that uses wifi.

Edited by Ryumoau
  • Like 1

On the PS4:

1. I want to be able to organize my games like I can on the PS3, or at least automatically put them into a folder so I don't have to scroll through all that mess looking for stuff.
  2. The same sort and comparison options of the trophies that the Vita has, and the hide option of the PS3.
  3. Under the TV section, put the apps I've downloaded above the bar, and the ones I haven't, underneath it. Either that, or sort them by how often I use them.
  4. I want to be able to use the avatars I've purchased or received. I can understand the themes not being transferable between systems, but not the avatars.

On the PlayStation TV: Put the MAC address on the outside of the device, or make it so that you can get it during setup. I shouldn't have to suspend MAC filtering in order to connect the PSTV to my network, get logged in, find the MAC address, add it to the filter, and then turn filtering back on. I don't want to go through the trouble of connecting a Cat5 cable to get it, either.

On the Xbox One, I don't like the interface at all. It takes forever to find stuff, if I can find it at all. At the very least, I wish they'd add the same pop-up menu that you get on the 360 when you press the "Xbox" button. I miss the old "blade" interface on the 360.

( :hmm: Note to self: submit these requests where they'll possibly be read by people who can actually address them.)

• Like 1

PS4:

• FULL BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY!!! In the digital age we live in its not too much to ask for
  • Free online access. No need to pay someone else what I pay my ISP monthly for already
  • Complete ownership of digital purchases (outside of PS +). Once I buy your PRODUCT it should be mine indefinately

PS3:

• Faster download times for games. Its absolutely ridiculous how long it takes
  • Patch defunt online MP trophies so that they can be achieved offline somehow
  • Add PS2 backwards compatibility back to the console
  • Complete ownership of digital purchases (outside of PS +). Once I buy your PRODUCT it should be mine indefinately
  • A search and organize option within the download list. I can't stand having to scroll through that long list just to find a specific DLC or game that may not appear in the PSN store.

Vita:

• Fix the issue that requires some PSP and PSOne classics to be downloaded to the PS3 first before being loaded on to the portable.
  • More AAA titles. Its not a "make or break" issue for me since I love indie games but a bit more variety would be nice.
  • Compatibility with PS2 classics
  • Complete ownership of digital purchases (outside of PS +). Once I buy your PRODUCT it should be mine indefinately
  • A search and organize option within the download list. I can't stand having to scroll through that long list just to find a specific DLC or game that may not appear in the PSN store.
Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

Ok on the ps4 they need to change is the Dam invite friends screen that take way to long (that need a new UI like my something like this  i know this was a leak/ fake but still ) The other thing is msg take so long to load new msg i dont get why. RBpr9Y8.jpg?w=736

Edited by MRgreen55
  • Like 2

PS4

• Being able to download PS1/PS2 classics
  • Trophies popping on the right instead of the left
  • Allow you to add any amount of money to your account, not just £5+
  • Being able to delete 0% trophy lists

PS3

• Add trophies to PS1/PS2 classics. As stated earlier, they have the technology to do so, so why not?
  • Have a "See more friends" button for users who have over 100 friends
  • Load trophy lists quicker. It's nice looking at your lists on PS3 because I like seeing the locked icon mixed in with unlocked trophies, but it's so slow.

PS Vita

• Add trophies to PS1/PS2 classics.
  • Have more themes (I assume these are coming later)
  • Allow for you to use one theme's music with a different themes background.
  • Customizable theme music
  • Cheaper memory cards
  • Add a battery percentage as well as the bar
  • Load the trophy lists quicker

3DS

• Add an achievement system

Wii U

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

• Load trophy lists quicker. It's nice looking at your lists on PS3 because I like seeing the locked icon mixed in with unlocked trophies, but it's so slow.

PS Vita

• Cheaper memory cards

3DS

Ah yes! How could I forget these? Especially that first one...that really gets on my nerves.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

PlayStation 3 specifically

Be able to turn off who comes online/offline separate from the messages.

Make it easier to search through your download history list

username change option- they could charge $5-$10 for this, so people don't go around changing their name all the time

and don't know what else

Nintendo Wii U/3DS

PM Messaging-don't know if the Wii U has one, but 3DS could use it.

A Proper account system so purchases are tied to your account and not the system.

Xbox 360

I got nothing since I don't play it too much.

• Like 1

A Dreamcast 2.  Does that count?

I'm really anxiously awaiting the PS4 folder update.  As said before, I have to scroll through like 30-40 things to get to my library, and a good 10-20 away to get to certain games I just haven't played recently.  It's kind of annoying.

Also Nintendo REALLY needs to get their shit together and get an actual unified account system.

• Like 1

A Dreamcast 2.  Does that count?

I'm really anxiously awaiting the PS4 folder update.  As said before, I have to scroll through like 30-40 things to get to my library, and a good 10-20 away to get to certain games I just haven't played recently.  It's kind of annoying.

Also Nintendo REALLY needs to get their shit together and get an actual unified account system.

Well

I did say any console, so everything counts :lol:

Doesn't matter if its SEGA, NES, GAMECUBE or as u said, a Dreamcast :yay:

Ok on the ps4 they need to change is the Dam invite friends screen that take way to long (that need a new UI like my something like this  i know this was a leak/ fake but still ) The other thing is msg take so long to load new msg i dont get why. RBpr9Y8.jpg?w=736

WOW :awesome:

That looks so cool !!!

Probably just a slight hardware upgrade on the PS3 to deal with the XMB lag and soft-locking.

Vita

Enough JRPG's and Indies. Its the Playstation not the indiestation.

It is however a Japanese console. And Sony use indies as a marketing point for up and coming developers, so it kind of is the "indiestation".

• Like 1

Easy. The ability to remove unwanted trophy lists for good so they don't stick with me forever. No matter what kind of trophy list either, if i don't want the dlc trophy list for a game to sit there and reduce my percentage, i can take that off, or make it to where it wont appear there unless you actually have the DLC. Biggest complaint with playstation thus far. 

• Like 1

Easy. The ability to remove unwanted trophy lists for good so they don't stick with me forever. No matter what kind of trophy list either, if i don't want the dlc trophy list for a game to sit there and reduce my percentage, i can take that off, or make it to where it wont appear there unless you actually have the DLC. Biggest complaint with playstation thus far. 

This.  It irritates me to no end.

FOLDERS!

Seriously, there are too many consoles that don't allow you to organize your games into folders; PS4, PSP, Wii U, Wii, Xbox One, Xbox 360. The only consoles I can think of that let you organize games are PS3, Vita, and 3DS. This should be implemented on day one for every console.

Actually, the Wii U recieved a system update recently that added the option to put games into folders. It's pretty snazzy.  B)

• Like 1

I don't know if most people would consider this an upgrade but adding a xbox 360, Wii (U), PC drive, ...

Adding better graphics, more memory (cause admit it 500GB isn't much :P), better processors, no unwanted shutdown (I'm looking at you Netflix!)

So basically you are asking the power to make every list a 100% because you remove the unwanted trophies, which could easily be online grinding trophies

• Like 2