PS+ IGC November 2014

HeySumbode

PSNProfiles user recommendation (Please only vote if you have played the game)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which PlayStation 4 game do you recommend?

• The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    • SteamWorld Dig
  2. 2. Which PlayStation 3 game do you recommend?

• Frozen Synapse Prime
    • Luftrausers
  3. 3. Which PlayStation Vita game do you recommend?

• The Hungry Horde
    • Escape Plan

Sony sent me a survey on PS+ a week ago and stated the weakness of the PS+ IGC lineup in the latest months, among other things. I personally enjoy the games we've been getting because they offer a lighter experience than that of the ones I purchase, however feedback needs to be sent, they should give a sort of powerful title every few months to keep the excitement about the service going on. I'm really expecting to see either Knack or AC IV: Black Flag hitting the IGC in early 2015, at least it would be a smart move to boost followers of the former (in view of a sequel) and to create momentum due to the latter. 

Let's see how the IGC opens up the new year :D

• Like 1

I see a lot of people once again complaining about indie games on PS4 - to whom i have a question - why did you buy a PS4?

I'm not trying to be controversial, or trolling or anything, i'm genuinely asking.... I mean, ever since the announcement of the XBOne and the PS4 Sony has been consistently and authoritatively marketing the PS4 as the 'indie friendly' console, in everything from E3 videos featuring indie games most prominently to the repositioning of the Vita as a deluxe indie game machine and offering their own in-house support to dev to port indie titles to it, to their tireless courting of indie movement 'stars' like Jonathan Blow.

What i mean is - I saw all that and thought "Great, i don't need to keep buying PC indie games, i can play the games i want on my TV on a controller i like with zero hassle" - because i like indie games much more than Retail.

Thats great for me.

But if you don't like indies, and only judge games by their marketing budget (which i don't think is a good idea, but you are free to do so, that is your right) why stick with Sony? I mean, Microsoft is the one with the coffers to buy up 'Triple A' franchises as exclusives, not Sony (Yet, anyways...)

• Like 3

I'm a big fan of indies, but i prefer to play them on the Vita. I bought a PS4 for the big sexy gfx. I realise the console is still in its infancy but it would be nice to play some games that test the hardware a bit more, without having to spend £50 a time for a remastered game i've already played on the PS3.

I'm not complaining about PS+ or the IGC but i have to admit the quality of games has dropped this year.

I'm not trying to be controversial, or trolling or anything, i'm genuinely asking.... I mean, ever since the announcement of the XBOne and the PS4 Sony has been consistently and authoritatively marketing the PS4 as the 'indie friendly' console, in everything from E3 videos featuring indie games most prominently to the repositioning of the Vita as a deluxe indie game machine and offering their own in-house support to dev to port indie titles to it, to their tireless courting of indie movement 'stars' like Jonathan Blow.

My thoughts exactly. From PS4 announcement people were clapping hands and almost going for a group hug when Sony said 'we love indies come to us', it was beautiful. You felt that the consumer base had changed to people who not only enjoy AAA games, but also to people who enjoy something totally different.

Now that Sony are true to their promise, people aren't happy - I have various theories on why the amount of AAA titles has dropped, but no concrete proof so no point in going into it. But as a whole I must admit I'm disappointed, mainly because all the people going for the group hug are now saying 'why would I want this game, it's indy, I'd have never bought it'

Either way, Sony will be getting money from me in the foreseeable future, my cigarette costs in 2 weeks is more than PS+ for a year.

• Like 1

I see a lot of people once again complaining about indie games on PS4 - to whom i have a question - why did you buy a PS4?

What i mean is - I saw all that and thought "Great, i don't need to keep buying PC indie games, i can play the games i want on my TV on a controller i like with zero hassle" - because i like indie games much more than Retail.

Thats great for me.

But if you don't like indies, and only judge games by their marketing budget (which i don't think is a good idea, but you are free to do so, that is your right) why stick with Sony? I mean, Microsoft is the one with the coffers to buy up 'Triple A' franchises as exclusives, not Sony (Yet, anyways...)

My thoughts exactly. From PS4 announcement people were clapping hands and almost going for a group hug when Sony said 'we love indies come to us', it was beautiful. You felt that the consumer base had changed to people who not only enjoy AAA games, but also to people who enjoy something totally different.

Now that Sony are true to their promise, people aren't happy - I have various theories on why the amount of AAA titles has dropped, but no concrete proof so no point in going into it. But as a whole I must admit I'm disappointed, mainly because all the people going for the group hug are now saying 'why would I want this game, it's indy, I'd have never bought it'

Either way, Sony will be getting money from me in the foreseeable future, my cigarette costs in 2 weeks is more than PS+ for a year.

You do know that there are some people that haven't bought the PS4 yet, and dislike indies so they have the right to complain about this gruesome IGC's.

I understand the thing going on with PS4 and indies but I find unacceptable giving indies for the PS3 guys because 95% of them suck (on the ps3).

You do know that there are some people that haven't bought the PS4 yet, and dislike indies so they have the right to complain about this gruesome IGC's.

I understand the thing going on with PS4 and indies but I find unacceptable giving indies for the PS3 guys because 95% of them suck (on the ps3).

1. Those people have nothing to complain about, since online multiplayer on PS3 is free, therefore there is no other reason to have PS+ other than the IGC. Dont like? Dont subscribe.

2. All games on PS3 can be bought on the cheap now - because the system is old gen. almost any game store will give deals of like 5 used ps3 games for £20.

3. You're ascertion that 95% of indie games are bad is ridiculous. Generally the indies offered on IGC are already culled from a large group, and are generally of very high quality. The idea that only 1 in 20 of them is good is very silly.

4. Why would Sony offer more substantial games on an old out-of-date system than on thier new one? That would not encorage people to upgrade - and companies dont work like that. The indie friendly initiative by Sony is company-wide, and has served them very well - just look at the goodwill they have this gen as opposed to during the PS3 generation.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I don't have a ps4 and the games suit me fine, because again it's 4.5€ a month - DLC costs more than that. You can complain, agreed, but most posts are more based on entitlement which is where the line often gets crossed.

1. Those people have nothing to complain about, since online multiplayer on PS3 is free, therefore there is no other reason to have PS+ other than the IGC. Dont like? Dont subscribe.

2. All games on PS3 can be bought on the cheap now - because the system is old gen. almost any game store will give deals of like 5 used ps3 games for £20.

3. You're ascertion that 95% of indie games are bad is ridiculous. Generally the indies offered on IGC are already culled from a large group, and are generally of very high quality. The idea that only 1 in 20 of them is good is very silly.

4. Why would Sony offer more substantial games on an old out-of-date system than on thier new one? That would not encorage people to upgrade - and companies dont work like that. The indie friendly initiative by Sony is company-wide, and has served them very well - just look at the goodwill they have this gen as opposed to during the PS3 generation.

That's very beautiful in your country where PS3 games are cheap, but where I live any old (not used) ps3 game costs 19€, but don't get fooled the used ones are 10-15€, OLD games.

So I subscribe ps plus to get AAA games (used to be like this) because I can't afford 2013 games at 30€. So I'm definetly not going to buy anymore ps plus until the IGC becomes like it was last year.

I would like to see Sony stop giving any games because people are so ungrateful. 

I second this. PS+ is a great service and I'm not even playing IGC games as much as before. Look at all games I'm getting from discounts and flash sales! IGC isn't as useful as it used to be. It should die already.

Cloud saving, Automatic updates, Auto Trophy Synching (I don't even update it myself anymore), Huge discounts, Time Trials... damn, I love PS+ even if you forget there is a IGC there and I will stay a member as long as I can.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I second this. PS+ is a great service and I'm not even playing IGC games as much as before. Look at all games I'm getting from discounts and flash sales! IGC isn't as useful as it used to be. It should die already.

Cloud saving, Automatic updates, Auto Trophy Synching (I don't even update it myself anymore), Huge discounts, Time Trials... damn, I love PS+ even if you forget there is a IGC there and I will stay a member as long as I can.

I agree with the rest of your statement, but I have to strongly disagree with this.  Forgive my bluntness, but who are you to say that we should stop getting the free games simply because you stopped playing them?  I have played most all of the free games we have gotten in recent history, and enjoyed most of them too.  I never want them to stop, and even if they keep giving out indie games like they have been, I will continue to play most of them.  Sony shouldn't stop providing this service simply because all the entitled customers are bitching and want more, but sadly, that is likely what all these people complaining are going to cause.  Sony has ZERO obligation to give us any free games at all, they can just charge us for the service they provide, and yet people think they deserve free new AAA games.

I agree with the rest of your statement, but I have to strongly disagree with this.  Forgive my bluntness, but who are you to say that we should stop getting the free games simply because you stopped playing them?  I have played most all of the free games we have gotten in recent history, and enjoyed most of them too.  I never want them to stop, and even if they keep giving out indie games like they have been, I will continue to play most of them.  Sony shouldn't stop providing this service simply because all the entitled customers are bitching and want more, but sadly, that is likely what all these people complaining are going to cause.  Sony has ZERO obligation to give us any free games at all, they can just charge us for the service they provide, and yet people think they deserve free new AAA games.

Oh, wait. You got me terribly wrong! I still do play the IGC games, but just not as before. The downfall of PS+ made me buy a lot of games opposed of what I did before. I play some games from plus, not all because I don't have time for all them (Rainbow Moon per example. awesome game, but still can't dedicate to it). I will quote myself and hopefully you will see that we have similar views from the IGC.

Holy christ, totally going for all games here but Luftrausers, since the last one is unnobtainable. Not sure about The Hungry Horde tho...

Jesus Christ, I still can't believe about Binding of Isaac........ Loved it on pc, totally!

But Frozen Synapse Prime isn't a vita exclusive? Not that it matter too much...

Page 3 from this thread.

Oh, wait. You got me terribly wrong! I still do play the IGC games, but just not as before. The downfall of PS+ made me buy a lot of games opposed of what I did before. I play some games from plus, not all because I don't have time for all them (Rainbow Moon per example. awesome game, but still can't dedicate to it). I will quote myself and hopefully you will see that we have similar views from the IGC.

Page 3 from this thread.

It may have sounded like i was calling you out, but I am just upset about all the other people who are complaining, I apologize if that is how it sounded.  The part of your statement that I had a problem with was specifically when you said it should die off.  Why stop a great service that gives us free games that we likely never would have bought?  The service shouldn't be to get free new games that we all buy, it should be to get lesser known games and developers games out there.

The rest was just me on a rant.  This time of month makes me disappointed to be a part of this group of people, and I am sorry you thought I was upset with you.

I've red through almost every comment. I almost feel ashamed of how people behave towards the Ps Plus IGC, as Parker said. It makes you look like an kid writing.

Im not super happy over this months IGC no.

But who cares if you get Indies or not? You get 6 Games per month if you have all the Playstations. I dont get why you're so dissapointed when given Indies? Indies is sometimes two times better then the AAA games. I got Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons from PS PLUS, wich was great imo. Better than many AAA. Sony hasn't promised you 6 AAA, not even 3 AAA's per month..

Imagine if PS PLUS was an service with only the purpose of online. 50£ and you don't get games, auto sync, cloud space and so on. Can't you appreciate what you have? There are more months and more games to, if this doesnt suit you. Maybe next month

And you will get more money tham what you paid for no problem!

Happy PS PLUS member, and I will continiue being one for the next few years!

• Like 2

Sometimes, yes. Usually, no. And honestly, next month we're getting a game with one feature broken. You can't justify that.

But you can't complain on Sony / Playstation giving Luftrausers away. I've heard it's an great game. And if it has an broken feature, well shame on the developer, dont throw knives at playstation IGC.

It may have sounded like i was calling you out, but I am just upset about all the other people who are complaining, I apologize if that is how it sounded.  The part of your statement that I had a problem with was specifically when you said it should die off.  Why stop a great service that gives us free games that we likely never would have bought?  The service shouldn't be to get free new games that we all buy, it should be to get lesser known games and developers games out there.

The rest was just me on a rant.  This time of month makes me disappointed to be a part of this group of people, and I am sorry you thought I was upset with you.

It bothers me as well, buddy. I love it all because the service is given, I've even listed all the great things plus has. I just believe that without IGC, the plus would only be used by people who wants all other advantages or online PS4 gaming.

PS Plus would be more loved by its users if there was no IGC.

Imagine if PS PLUS was an service with only the purpose of online. 50£ and you don't get games, auto sync, cloud space and so on. Can't you appreciate what you have? There are more months and more games to, if this doesnt suit you. Maybe next month

And you will get more money tham what you paid for no problem!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is how it worked over Xbox 360 in the past?

But you can't complain on Sony / Playstation giving Luftrausers away. I've heard it's an great game. And if it has an broken feature, well shame on the developer, dont throw knives at playstation IGC.

I think I should disagree here. If they didn't taxed 40k for developers to patch a game, they might have it patched the game at this point. I believe it's half developers fault for not testing enough, half Sony for being so punishing. 40k isn't shit for a big company like EA, R* and others, but for small indie developers it's the difference between profit or not. Some games won't sell better enough to overcome 40k cost after it was patched.

Edited by TheYuriG

This is the first month where literally there is nothing I even want to download. Go back to the quality of games we were getting Pre March 2014 and maybe Sony, you'll actually get people appreciating your service. How's that sound? No? You want to give us 6 indies? Well screw you Sony, if PS+ wasn't mandatory for online I and many others would have stopped subscription by now.