DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition postponed until further notice

HeySumbode

If only there was a way to test server load before the game released... While I'm not too fussed about this, they had eleven extra months to sort all this stuff out. 

Apparently they're giving refunds to anyone who bought the game digitally. I feel bad for Evo. 

I just want them to add the challenges now so that i can get the plat. This and WatchDogs were the two games that i bought the PS4 for, both were delayed, and sadly this has just become a joke now. I just hope Project Cars and The Crew can deliver the next-gen racer i've been waiting for.

What exactly is the problem here?

It cant simply be a server load issue as they would have thrown more horsepower at the matter to solve it, but a month on and its still not right.

Racing games seem to be running scared - once it appeared that Driveclub was going to have issues after the issues that had already delayed it for a year the other heavily vaunted racer titles - Project Cars and The Crew were delayed for 6 months.  It cant simply be that they were afraid to rub shoulders with FC4, COD93 and AC27 now can it?

• Like 1

What exactly is the problem here?

It cant simply be a server load issue as they would have thrown more horsepower at the matter to solve it, but a month on and its still not right.

Racing games seem to be running scared - once it appeared that Driveclub was going to have issues after the issues that had already delayed it for a year the other heavily vaunted racer titles - Project Cars and The Crew were delayed for 6 months.  It cant simply be that they were afraid to rub shoulders with FC4, COD93 and AC27 now can it?

Well in the case of Project Cars they actually came out and said the fact such big titles were coming out around the same time was a big reason why it was delayed. Racing games are niche whether we like it or not and those big name titles will suck sales away from them. It's shitty but also understandable.

I'm getting rid of the game since the penalty system blows.

Two cars sandwich me on both sides and I get a collision penalty?? Or some car rams me FROM BEHIND, and I get a 200 point reduction? What, am I supposed to press a button to make that car fly under me so I don't get penalized?

• Like 1

I'm getting rid of the game since the penalty system blows.

Two cars sandwich me on both sides and I get a collision penalty?? Or some car rams me FROM BEHIND, and I get a 200 point reduction? What, am I supposed to press a button to make that car fly under me so I don't get penalized?

Yeah, the penalty system is stupid. I just play time trials, but there isn't enough tracks so it gets boring quick. If the online worked i reckon this game would be ace but as it stands it's only fun for a few hours.

Yeah, the penalty system is stupid. I just play time trials, but there isn't enough tracks so it gets boring quick. If the online worked i reckon this game would be ace but as it stands it's only fun for a few hours.

Yeah it's pretty bad when the worst part of a racing game...are the actual races.

• Like 1

You done f*cked it up, Sony

Sony?

Let me help you there:

You done f*cked it up, Evolution Studios.

From what I've been seeing Sony is taking The heat for Evolution Studios' Failure.

People think Sony Announced the "Driveclub Plus Edition" for IGC, and then went to ask Evolution Studios/EVO if they could...lol

When in actuality Sony Made the Agreement first, then announced it; if you want to point fingers here...Point away @ the ones who didn't deliver on their part.

Evolution Studios