The last PS3 game to BLOW YOUR MIND!

Dreakon139

Metal Gear Solid 4 for sure. Such an amazing game. A trophy patch would be the icing on an already spectacular cake, pity it'll never happen though .

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as it was the first PS3 game I played and therefore was my introduction into just what the PS3 had to offer.

Read Dead Redemption. Not only an excellent and enjoyable game offline with a decent storyline to match and with so many extra things to do outside of the story, but also had a very pleasant online experience with more to do that just the usual shoot everyone in sight modes. Bearing in mind that this is coming from a guy who is not a fan of online gaming. Not only that, but it had one of the best DLC packages out there in Undead Nightmare.

Honourable mentions should go to:

God Of War III - Some epic cutscenes that were just jaw-dropping. Good game too :P

Fallout 3 - Just an amazing experience. Pity the frequent freezing lessened that experience somewhat.

Heavy Rain - Unique concept that, for me, worked.

Grand Theft Auto IV - It's GTA. On the PS3. 'nuff said :P

SSX it's just so fun that you can't put it down. When you do you are thinking about it. The story, RiderNet, and online is just fun. Trying to beat your friends times and points and the online is nice with no lobbies. You just go to the track run it and wait till the event closes. Then pick up your winnings! :shakefist:

• 2 weeks later...

Most recent would be Portal 2, I don't think anything has came close since

The Battlefield franchise's transition to console has been impressive but it's more gradual than just one game

The Bioshock and Assassins Creed franchises have both been massive hits to me aswell, Bioshock for the whole ambiance and the feel of the game, and AC purely for the story, the fun gameplay and cool locations are just a bonus

Silent Hill: Downpour simply because I never saw children die/dead children in games before. One of my friends years ago told me how they can't kill kids for some reason... explains why little sisters in Bioshock are "invincible" and why you never see a damn kid in GTA! Lemme tell ya... Downpour has some dead kids! O_O

Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2.

My first through after watch about 15 sec of the opening was: WTF did I buy?

Later in the game, when I found the Additional Voice menu and listen to IF Cursing you was like: Did she just say that. (Need to listen to 3 times to be sure).

and last was the CG ad Chapter 1 (VF) I was like Holy Hell :P

What is your definition of mind blowing??

Addictive and time consuming : White knight chronicle

Graphically Realistic : Skyrim And FF13/13-2

Artistically impressed : Valkyria Chronicles ( general design ) and Dark Souls/Demon ( specifically the level designs )

Oblivion and MGS4 were games that blew me away.

Recently especially since I was very sceptical, MW3 really blew me away for it's single player mode.

The transition from one area to the next was pretty awesome. Going from riding a heli, to traversing a submarine to riding on a little raft across waves and stuff was pretty intense, especially since I had never seen it.

It has been a while, sadly.

One game on the PS3 that just stunned me was CoD4:MW online multiplayer. It kind of spoiled me to other multiplayer experiences.

That moment in Oblivian when you exit the sewers the first time you play and your standing at a dock on a river with excellently rendered open world all around you... One might count that as mind-blowing.

• 3 weeks later...

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier first, i do live me a TPS that plays very teamwork-based....also the futuristic tech helps. plus Gunsmith just looks like short of being made to fail, it will work..they even have an app planned to assist in the main game's experience, and it even allows access to Gunsmith on the app....i cant see this losing honestly

Also, more recently, gotta be Sniper Elite V2. I just installed and played the demo, and preceded to restart it again and again for an hour, trying to master the very realistic bullet physics. Also, the game awards points (and a gruesome, badass slow-mo killcam) for kills...so i defintiely explored what i could do. Double kills, headshots, vitals...even managed a kill by apparently hitting a guy's explosives on his chest, and he exploded. The game has a customizable difficulty, so you can get the full bullet physics, but easy enemies to experiment. It just looks like an awesome shooter game

Honestly, i'm not a picky gamer. People hate games i tend to like, or completely over-look games I seem to love.

Skate 3 - For some reason, that game stuck with me. I would play it more often if the online didn't die off so quickly. I would guess it's the complete freedom, and the fact i'm an avid skater. I could just spend hours making lines, and then going outside trying them myself.

Transformers: War For Cybertron - This game most people totally disregarded. The gameplay was smooth, graphics were nice and shiny. It had a great online co-op system. It had a mode that is essentially Zombies for COD, just replace zombies with an array of machines intent on killing you, wave by wave. Most of all, the online multi-player was great. If i still had it, i would play it. 4 classes. 50 levels each. That took a while to level up. But now, the servers are either filled with people who don't know how to play, or have been playing for 3+ years and can make lunch meat out of you. No inbetween. If you can get passed the fact that it's robots, it's not a kids game. With all this, this is why i love this game so.

I'm a White Knight Chronicles addict, I can't go 2 days without playing it.

However the last game that blew me away hasn't came out yet, the demo for Sniper Elite V2 sold me the game. I've never said ALL OF MY MONEY and actually meant it until I played that demo. Hopefully I'll get it for my birthday ^_^