The last PS3 game to BLOW YOUR MIND!

Dreakon139

I'm stuck in a bit of a rut. I can't remember the last PS3 game I've gotten that I was just ridiculously into. I've gotten tons of good games, stuff definitely worth playing and worth the money, but none that "blew my mind".

I guess the closest for me is Skyrim, not many games can eat 80 hours of my life like that... but even so I'm sort of lazily stumbling to the finish line with it.

for me definitely white knight chronicles 2. i always come back to this game, after taking a two week break, a two month break, or even while i still have other games (dungeon siege 3, which has not been touched yet thanks to wkc2....) i got wkc2 on release date, and i do not regret buying it. best.game.ever

• Like 1

Batman Arkham City I loved the improved gameplay/combat/gadgets. And the final boss battle took me by suprise. And he was my favorite villan from the animated series so it was good to see him get some time in the games.

Before that Dead Space. Never has a game made me feel more alone than that. Plus I totally didn't see the twist coming at all.

I really enjoyed Skyrim like you, put a lot of time in but still need to finish it.

But the game that takes it for me is Bioshock, i only played it last year for the first time and just got so lost in it's story, atmospheric environments, and the music just added to the creepiness i loved it, would be stuck in my head for days. I thought the artistic style of the environments was great, kind of art deco-ish, i just loved exploring Rapture and i think i was proud of myself for playing a creepy game on my own haha, sometimes i wish i hadn't played it so i could experience it for the first time again *sigh* :wub:

*waits for Infinite*

• Like 2

- Portal 2 - I'm not a big fan and I don't like it as much as other people out there, but I do appreciate it as a very different game. It's very sharp and witty and I like that sort of humor :)

- Battlefield 3 - I had tons of fun with Kirby just blowing people to pieces in helicopters. We also had a lot of holy shit moments. Kirby can back me up on this :D

That's all I can think about now :/

EDIT: I bought Skyrim last year and still haven't touched it yet :o

• Like 1

Not a bad topic, its got me thinking thats for sure...

Although it didnt blow my mind, I thoroughly enjoyed Darkness II from the very beginning to the very end, it left me wanting more, but in a good way..

Battlefield 3 resparked an interest in FPS that no other console (any platform, any generation.) game has managed with me yet.

Although unlikely, if you've not played the 2nd Mass Effect, that was a game that lived up to all the hype.

I have high expectations for SSX and ME3, but then I'm a fan of both series.

Gah, I don't know. I could tell you some Playstation 2 games that blew my mind, but as for PS3, I may just have to go with Arkham City and Katamari Forever.

Arkham City was a detailed, well thought out game. The story was amazing, the flight additions were great, the challenges were difficult, while not being stressful, and the combat was better than ever, especially with the new gadgets. I never buy games new, but I made an exception for this one, returning my used copy to actually purchase a flawless new one. Worth the 40$ I spent on it completely.

Katamari doesn't get a paragraph. The game was fun, it's always fun, and I would probably sit on it for hours if there weren't other games to experience. Just classic fun.

On the same note, I really enjoy dungeon defenders, but I have yet to find it as a mind blowing game.

Red Dead Redemption, really. I think apart from the wow factor of Uncharted 2 when I first got my PS3, RDR really got me into the world like I haven't felt since GTA3. It did a damn good job of bringing the world and characters to life which made the experience that much richer.

Assassin's Creed II, Demon's Souls, GTA4 and Yakuza 3 are other notable mentions for my PS3 experience, which come close behind RDR.

Mass Effect 2, Just Cause 2, Katamari Forever, Uncharted(s) and Batman AA were all great fun, but they just lacked that sucking-in power of the games above for me.

Honestly, there hasn't been a PS3 game that I've played that just really wowed me. That's not to say I didn't enjoy them, mind you - the games I've played have been a hell of a lot of fun - but nothing's really made me go "Whoa".

However, there have been a few things that surprised me in a very good way.

Things like the updated Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - finally having a legitimate, arcade perfect version of quite possible the pinnacle of 2D fighting games available to play at home, with added goodies like concept art and remixed music was an amazing thing to get.

Another surprise was finally getting a home console version of The Simpson's Arcade Game - something I'd been dying for ever since the times I played it in the arcades and at Chuck E. Cheese as a kid.

Now SEGA has announced it's bringing Jet Set Radio to the PSN and XBLA, and I can quite honestly say I'm stoked.

The only thing I think that could truly blow my mind? The announcement of SEGA finally releasing either a Shenmue HD collection, or the actual Shenmue III. I swear, if they announce Shenmue III, I may very well pass out right then and there from over-excitement.

There's also CAPCOM's announcement that Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior is going to be released on PSN as well - but I'm not getting too amped about it, at least not yet, because I still don't know if it's just going to be a PSOne classic - or if it's actually going to be an updated release, like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 or Street Fighter III.

My most recent one was Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've always been a Deus Ex fan but the 2nd one wasn't nearly as good the first, and then Square stepped in for this one, and well, I just didn't think it was going to amount to anything. I was completely surprised and I haven't cared so much about a game's story or character in a long time.

I also really got into PLants Vs Zombies. I wouldn't say it's mind blowingly amazing, but it was really fun.

The only thing I think that could truly blow my mind? The announcement of SEGA finally releasing either a Shenmue HD collection, or the actual Shenmue III. I swear, if they announce Shenmue III, I may very well pass out right then and there from over-excitement.

A man after my own heart. To have the opportunity to play through both Shenmue I and II again, in HD... with trophies?! :holy: The few similarities between Shenmue and Yakuza is pretty much the only reason I have Yakuza 4, though I haven't gotten too far into it yet.

I really don't get why it hasn't happened yet. Sega is messing with us.

Gran Turismo 5 is probably my most played PS3 game, and while it isn't for everyone, if you like sim racers than GT5 is the best offering on a console. I play with a wheel, pedals and 6 speed shifter and sink in hours daily with the game. It's very accesible to newer players with a variety of driving aids, but it has a top notch physics engine that more hardcore sim racers will love.

The Uncharted series as a whole gets a mention too. The character development in these games are second to none, the writing and dialogue is perfect and the gameplay is extremely fun and well thought out. A PlayStation gaming collection isn't complete without these 3 games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is another one. I've been a Metal Gear fan since Solid was released in the USA and the 4th game didn't let me down, in fact it might just be my favorite in the series. If you're a fan of the series at all you shoul pick this one up.

Red Dead Redemption is another fantastic one. I've always loved Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Western's and this game is pretty much all of them balled up into one fantastic offering.

If you haven't played Ico or Shadow of the Collosus I'd suggest picking those up too. The controls can fell a bit clunky because they're last generation, but this collection has two of the greatest games of all time, in my opinion.

If Sega announced a Shenmue collection to be released on the PS3, as well as announcing Shenmue III I'd have a heart attack. I remember buying the original on it's release date for the Dreamcast and falling in love with it. Shenmue is definitely a game worthy of all it's praise.

Parker

• Like 1

How could I forget Shadows of the Damned! :shakefist: It's one of the greatest games that people seem to have forgotten last year. It has really raunchy humor, It was made by Suda 51 and Shinji Mikami (He used to work for Capcom during the golden 90's when they made Dino Crisis, Resident Evil etc..) and the soundtrack is made by Akira Yamaoka (worked on pretty much all of the Silent Hill's). How could you not pick this up! Underrated as hell.

• Like 1