Maintenance - Profile updating is disabled

Sly Ripper

I'm starting some DB maintenance, It wont be a short one either, probably a couple of days. I'll try and keep everything alive during it but it's possible that I might have to throw up a blank page with a message.

During this time trophy updating will be disabled everything else should be ok.

• Like 4

I'm starting some DB maintenance, It wont be a short one either, probably a couple of days. I'll try and keep everything alive during it but it's possible that I might have to throw up a blank page with a message.

This is the kind of stuff that - to me - makes this the BEST site available! Seriously, this is a piece of information that didn't necessarily need to be divulged. You could have just run the maintenance with the optimistic approach that nobody would be affected or notice.... then address any concerns as a result of the fallout.

Superb communications Sly! Thank You!

• Like 4

This is the kind of stuff that - to me - makes this the BEST site available! Seriously, this is a piece of information that didn't necessarily need to be divulged. You could have just run the maintenance with the optimistic approach that nobody would be affected or notice.... then address any concerns as a result of the fallout.

Superb communications Sly! Thank You!

I couldn't agree more :D

I'm betting there will be at least 2 threads whining about this in the feedback/bug section b4 the DB update is complete.

Update: The official Vegas over/under line is also now 2.

I'm not much of a betting man but, if I were i'd take the over. :(

What is this maintenance accomplishing? Will the end user experience be faster after this?

Just curious, not too familiar with SQL so mysterious "database maintenance" piques my interest.

What is this maintenance accomplishing? Will the end user experience be faster after this?

Just curious, not too familiar with SQL so mysterious "database maintenance" piques my interest.

My guess would be the integration of vita trophies, so it will show in the ps3 trophy list and probably fixing or updating security.

My guess would be the integration of vita trophies, so it will show in the ps3 trophy list and probably fixing or updating security.

Although I cannot speak for Sly, Maintenace usually indicates upkeep rather than upgrades. So it would probably be ensuring that sizes on certain DB's arent getting out of hand which could then have an impact on performance.

Knowing Sly, I expect he's come across something recently that is going to improve performance in the background and has decided to implement it here before its needed, rather than waiting for the problem to occur.

The only thing I can tell you, is that from the small updates I have heard from Sly, it is a huge job, so he wouldnt be doing it without good reason.