Amiibos

Carville87

• 4 weeks later...

My my, Amiibo sure have started to become much easier to obtain as of late. I'm guessing the market crashed. That, or nintendo feels like fixing their mistakes by supplying more to meet consumer demand. Either way. I'm happy about it. 

Edited by shananiganyo

My my, Amiibo sure have started to become much easier to obtain as of late. I'm guessing the market crashed. That, or nintendo feels like fixing their mistakes by supplying more to meet consumer demand. Either way. I'm happy about it. 

Well, in my case, the Nintendo World Store has had four days in the past month where they restocked on re-released of characters like Little Mac, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, Robin, Lucario, Shulk, Captain Falcon, etc.

My Palutena (that I ordered Friday during the short release window on Amazon) arrived an hour ago.

11695882_10206042295829431_7035930193463

Yeah it is funny. It used to be on Kijiji you would see common Amiibos trying to be sold for 20+ dollars and the rare ones for 100+. Now the rare ones are down to 40$ and you don't see the common ones at all.

I think the problem was people liked them and wanted to collect all the Smash characters. Then Nintendo started releasing WAY too many toys and the rarity/mark up on some of the sought after toys had people not wanting to collect them anymore because it ceased to be a fun thing to do.

So now instead of people trying to collect all of them, they are collecting none of them (I know 2 friends who have sold off their entire collection save for 1 or 2 they like).

So Nintendo is kind of ruining this for themselves by not meeting original demand and flooding the market with characters people don't really care about.

Friend of mine managed to nab me a Dark Pit (NA) from BestBuy after waiting overnight. Then I managed to order one from their website later in the evening. xD

Now I'm just unsure about what comes next.

There's supposedly going to be a pre-order event at GameStop locations for a region and store exclusive triple-pack. Not looking forward to that, as it's limited to 30 per location, and it's on a Wednesday, so I'll be at work. 

=_=;

• 5 months later...

I have 25 amiibo, and i have the Twilight Princess HD Wolf Link amiibo bundle pre ordered.

I see them as awesome looking figurines, even though they have a use in the games, i see them more as mini figurines.

For me, they've just become expensive wallpaper. xD

Well I opened up my 1st press Villager now that they don't seem rare, my local target and Kmart combined has all of the rare ones excluding double weapon Samus.

First print Villager? Still hella expensive, as he won't ever be reproduced (nor has he been since the initial release).

Second print are pretty common, however. Especially since Toys R Us decided to have a mass restock (exclusive to them).

However, if you have a Target or K-Mart with a mass selection of Wii Fit Trainers, King Dedede, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pitt, or even original Samus, I applaud you -- as they're damn near impossible to find.

First print Villager? Still hella expensive, as he won't ever be reproduced (nor has he been since the initial release).

Second print are pretty common, however. Especially since Toys R Us decided to have a mass restock (exclusive to them).

However, if you have a Target or K-Mart with a mass selection of Wii Fit Trainers, King Dedede, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pitt, or even original Samus, I applaud you -- as they're damn near impossible to find.

Maybe they just haven't taken off here in Australia,  I actually like having them regardless of rarity. They look pretty cool hanging around my gaming TV ;) All of the above are available though the trainer is low in stock. Only reason I don't have trainer is because I found it a bit bland. Ike and pit I have though they are a little scarce, there's lots of king Dede's. If I knew you I'd send you some  ;)

I don't think I've posted the amiibo I own, only because I only started to get them last year, so here they are;

l1VZluE.jpg

I got Shulk as soon as Gamestop had him back in stock, purely because of Xenoblade and he was one of my mains. Link, Ganon, and Zelda I got because I used Link for Hyrule Warriors to get the extra weapon, also, Ganon is another one of my mains and Zelda is my best friend's main. Ike, Robin, and Lucina were gotten purely for my love of Fire Emblem, and because they're compatible with Fire Emblem Fates, I'll get them in game. Now I just need Marth. I ordered Robin and Lucina from Japan because they were cheaper and easier to find. All of them kick ass in Smash Bros. and it's really fun to have a challenge.

There's still more amiibo I plan on buying, such as Lucas, Roy, Bayonetta, and Corrin.

Ever since Skylanders 1 I've wanted to collect the game figures. Just cuz they look cool. Now there's like 5 Skylanders, 3 Disney Infinity, Lego and Amiibo xD

I have all the Infinity games, Lego Dimensions and Skylanders Giants, with some figures for each, which look good all standing together under my TV :P

Well just bought Two Amiibos Charizard and Lucario
I also have Skylanders can't remember if I posted what I had in this  topic but as far as Skylanders That I have two of are these ones
Spotlight
Flashwing
Cynder

I also want to get another Blackout(but that is about $39 or so, so I don't  know has anybody spent this much on a single skylander or amiibo or no?), Trail Blazer and Echo.

Ones I like the most I like buying two of one to use and one to keep as a collection.

At first I thought it seemed like a shameless cash grab akin to physical DLC like Skylanders and Disney Infinity, then I got the Yarn Yoshi for Christmas from a mate last year.

Then I bought 10 of them.

I didn't pay full price but I'm still a tiny bit ashamed of myself. 

They're so easy to come by over here as well as people aren't just clearing shelves to scalp them or buy them out of spite, and they're always replenishing stock. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that I'm missing several of the Amiibo that are from Pokemon so I was wondering, other than the ones I've listed below are there any others not on this list that are from Pokemon? I've only managed to get Pikachu and Mewtwo up to this point so I have a bit of catching up to do.

Edit: Turns out my favorite GameStop location restocked on some Amiibos yesterday so this morning I was able to grab Charizard and Lucario :dance:

Edit 2: Went back to my favorite GameStop today (February 24th) to pick up some used games and decided to check out the Amiibos they had. Lo and behold they had a couple Greninja in stock so I grabbed one. Now only need Jigglypuff to complete my collection for now. :dance:

Charizard

Greninja

Jigglypuff

Lucario

Mewtwo

Pikachu

Edited by BooneIronshield

• 2 weeks later...