Post your trophy hunting stories. What type of hunter are you? Do we hunters have an addiction problem? Let's discuss my friends.

PleaseNoGizmo

Im a hunter and i do buy dlc if i can and i do plan on eventually finishing all my games (injustice ,soul calibur 5 and killzone shadow fall will pretty hard though but im not giving up. Im planing for this year to have a 70% completion rate, 15-20 plats, and at least 5 ps4 plats

I'm a total trophy whore. I won't even play games that I think I can't plat. I feel that I have to get 100% on any game I play and I always push myself to play the highest difficulty regardless if you need a trophy for it or not. The only things I regret are the first 2 games I booted on my newly bought PS4 for which I didn't check the trophy guides for or didn't test if I even liked. 

For example on Thief I played the entire game on master allowing myself to never be seen, not knocking/killing anyone. And then I realize I could've started a custom mode to get the something to prove trophy. Now I have to play the entire game again. Urgh...

Don't starve bores me to hell. Damn I need to fix that.. sometime

I don't know why but when I play a game and I don't take the highest difficulty, ie hardore now on Dust an Elysian Tail instead of tough that the trophy requires, I keep thinking to myself "what a scrub you are mate, no challenge no game". Total freaking OCD right:DD

same thing with dust. need to do  it again for tough mode plus putting poision ivy in giannis laundry lol 

• Like 1

Regarding RDR, all you have to do is boost it.  That's what virtually everyone has done with that game.  I 100%ed RDR's trophies some years back and I can tell you I boosted a lot of them.  Not all of them, but a lot of them.  I have friends who 100%ed RDR and they did the same thing as well.  That's all RDR mp is - and was meant to be - a boost fest.  Just create a boosting session for the game here on this site and I'm sure you'll find other people who also need the trophies who will be willing to work with you.  Good luck.

So you are saying to just get some people in a lobby and get them to allow me to win three times? Hmm. Never thought of that, or if people would actually do that

Regarding RDR, all you have to do is boost it.  That's what virtually everyone has done with that game.  I 100%ed RDR's trophies some years back and I can tell you I boosted a lot of them.  Not all of them, but a lot of them.  I have friends who 100%ed RDR and they did the same thing as well.  That's all RDR mp is - and was meant to be - a boost fest.  Just create a boosting session for the game here on this site and I'm sure you'll find other people who also need the trophies who will be willing to work with you.  Good luck.

So you are saying to just get some people in a lobby and get them to allow me to win three times? Hmm. Never thought of that, or if people would actually do that

Yes.  People have been doing this for years.  I'm gonna be honest with you though.  When I was doing RDR, I was a complete noob.  It was my first year with my PS3 and it was one of the first games I ever played with online mp.  I didn't know sites like playstationtrophies.org (formerly ps3trophies.org), ps3trophies.com, this site or any other sites even existed.  I didn't know any trophy hunter-centric sites existed.  It took me about a month and a half to boost and/or legit earn all of RDR's online mp and co-op trophies.  I did it without the help of meeting any fellow boosters through sites like this one or those others.  I would just go on, try to talk to people and negotiate with them.  Ask them to help me with such-and-such a trophy and I'll help them with whatever they needed/wanted.  Surprisingly, I found a lot of people at the time who were open to boosting.  Heck.  I didn't even know there was a term for what I was doing.  it wasn't until I was doing it for a couple weeks and I met someone online and asked them for help and they were like, "Oh!  You mean you wanna boost?"  I was all like, "What's that?  What's boosting mean?"  I was a such a noob! LOL  Yeah, bro.  That's all you gotta do.  There are still people trying to get all of those mp trophies so you shouldn't have a problem.  Good luck. 

Edit: And, yes, for the particular trophy you are talking about - top scoring player 3 times in a row - I earned it by boosting it (like so many other people.)  You shouldn't need a full lobby of people either (unless they patched it.)  At the time, I actually did it with just one other person.  We went into a public free roam that was empty (you might have to keep switching free roams a few times til you find an empty one), started a match, he'd let me win.  We did that three times and BLING! the trophy popped.  I got it done just in time too.  In the last match - about halfway through - a bunch of people entered the lobby and joined the match.  Luckily, I had already such a huge amount of kills over him that it made no difference and I walked away with the win. :D

You usually take turn in helping each other earn the trophies.

Agreed.  True trophy hunters are team players and help eachother out.  Of course, there's always that one douche bag.... :facepalm:

Edited by Spider-Man916

I enjoy chasing trophies. Its makes games more enjoyable and makes sure you get your moneys worth i.e. is £50 for a Call of Duty game with a main campgain that can be completed in 3 hours really worth it?

What does bother me is designers who create thoughtless trophies i.e. there is one in FIFA 15 that requires you to score from the ground. It is impossible to do this on purpose. This is a fluke trophy. Iv seen people throw 30 hours at trying to achieve this but done get it and iv seen others who only have 5% of the trophies and this just happens to be one.

I also dont like trophies that cant be earned yourself. What happens when a game becomes dated and there isny as many people on the servers? Means you cant get that trophy and it is forever locked to you now.

Well, lately i used to have a serious problem gathering tons upon of trophies but now i'm losing interest. Most of the time i have to force myself onto a game just to play it. I always have the trophy guide at the ready and when i get a game that doesn't have a trophy guide for it yet i then leave it till a guide is posted.

• Like 1

Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Trophy: Flight of Valkyries.

I got this trophy on accident actually. It was 1 of the most brutal and bitter victories of my playthrough. It was an attack on some sort of alien stronghold, most of my team was full of veterans with only 2 rookies. Started off well enough, taking out a few at a time until they began to advance on me.. 2 of us died of poison, then my highest ranking soldier was put under mind control and killed everyone except 1 rookie... once she was taken down the mission was complete with the loss of the majority of my veterans and only this trophy to remember the event.

I was more of a 360 player up until a couple of years back, the Gamer Score never attracted me. It's a bit different on the Playstation with the trophy system, My 1st I think was sleeping Dogs and I'd completed about 900gs on the 360. I thought to myself, I'm not far off the Platinum and just went for it, it popped and frankly I was quite proud of my self. This is exactly the same scenario as Just Cause 2 and the megadrive collection, %90 on the 360 and Plat on the PS3. I haven't turned into a trophy whore but I will put a little bit more effort in the I did with the same game on the xb. Games like Dark Souls absorbed me mentally for weeks, but I loved this game so much that I couldn't put it down. Getting the Plat on DS was dissappointing to me as I suddenly thought that there was nothing more to do. As much as I like the trophy system I think it can have a negative effect, it just doesn't out weigh the positive effect.

BTW, I loved Terminator Salvation, I don't care that it was "Easy"

im the type of trophy hunter that goes on a game and tries to platinum it, but gets really angry at the game and i never end up platinuming it. but when i really like a game and set my mind to it, i can usually platinum it. Transistor was a very great game that i enjoyed and loved, so i decided to platinum it, and i did that in a total of 4 days. i platinumed inFamous Second Son because my friend just did it and he said it was a fairly easy platinum so i went out and bought the game and enjoyed it, and i plan to do the same with first light. The one game that i love but im not going to plan on platinuming/100%-ing would be Tetris Ultimate.

I always try to increase my percentage and other stats but at the same time i also like to collect games, whether or not the platinum is challenging. I have a horrendous backlog but i did manage to increase my percentage from ~40% to ~55% this year. It only increasing, but i often get burned out when I'm close to the platinum, which is why over 50 percent of my platinum took over 6 months. My problem is i play a game and I'm turned of because of something and i have a low percentage stuck there, where i never feel like going backhand playing (Ni No Kuni (2%), Dishononered (2%), Red Dead (1%) , Bioshock (8%) , Jak II (2%) .... Ik these are supposedly amazing games but i can't get into them...)

I hunt for trophies for as long as I have interest in obtaining them...

Recently I traded in NHL 15, Destiny and The Last of Us (PS4).

I had fully intended on Platinuming all 3 of those games and got pretty close on on doing so. In the case of NHL 15 I couldn't get into the HUT. I had the same problem with '12, and I put more effort this time around, but I just couldn't do it. Not to mention, every time I played someone online they'd quit before I could get the related trophies.

With Destiny I enjoyed the crucible and that was about it. I didn't want to bother with making a Hunter and Titan class and leveling them up through the crucible, and couldn't even fathom playing through story missions to get the XP. Also those raid trophies! I couldn't seem to find a clan to play with (The PSNProfiles one never accepted me) and doing the raid flawlessly with a squad of randoms never panned out. The new DLC added nothing to suck me back in, in fact I think it was a total rip-off and that was my incentive to trade the game in.

Lastly, The Last of Us, I enjoyed it immensely on the PS3, both story and multiplayer. On the PS4 I was pretty stoked to finally get to play some of the DLC I missed out on from the previous generation (in regards to MP... I played Left Behind). I started off with the multiplayer and had a blast getting all those trophies, but when all was left was the single player, I lost all interest. I played through this story 3 times before after all. I started on easy, planning to do the NG+ trick after, but that was a grind in and of itself. I had no motivation to do it. I knew all the fights, where to go, where to find supplies, how to get past parts... It was boring.

I could have got all 3 platinums with a little patience and time*... but I wanted something new.

I always plan on going for a platinum, but if I don't enjoy myself while venturing for it I'll bail for something fun.

I'm more of a, "if I really love this game there is no doubt I'm platinuming it." I feel this way about a lot of the games I play, but every once in a while it'll take me a few months to get into the mindset to actually play it and grind out all of the trophies. Examples of games I loved and had a mindset to platinum: The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Uncharted 2 and all of the Souls' games.

• Like 1

I guess I'm a trophy hunter, I like getting trophies, but I don't make myself play games just to get trophies and ridiculous easy platinums. I play a game (campaign wise) without even looking at the trophy list, If I enjoyed the game I will definitely plat it, regardless of difficulty or time requirements, I guess this justifies the reason to play that game again. I do have a serious problem; I can't stand getting the platinum of a game and not having it at 100%, for example, Sleeping Dogs or Red Dead Redemption etc, I want to get 100% on those games but, with my huge backlog, I prioritize the games I haven't play, I still will try and plat game on the side, but I just play for fun, that's probably why I only have  21 platinums...There is one trophy or game that I've been trying to get/platinum for years (not continuously, I take breaks, huge breaks) that is Final Fantasy XIII, I just can't make myself go through the grind...

• Like 1

I have like 7 different people inside of me at all times (TWSS)

Backstory then I'll send you through my mindset.

I once had a PS3 with over 150 games all retail . Ex-roommate cleaned our place out and left the state and basically disappeared. Police reports were filed ,blah blah blah shit wasn't found. 

I find myself struggling because I don't own half the games that are on my trophy list anymore. I've gone strictly digital due to this reason but I'm not buying all the games full price now so I patiently wait for games to go on sale on PSN but that's another story.

Some days I'll look at my profile and say "I'm going to try to get at least 50% or over on all the games I currently own."

Then I'll start the game and see my trophy list again, get disheartened and say, "fuck it, I'll start a new profile and start over anew."

I start a new profile, play the same games I've played before to get my trophy level up, get sick of it and go back to my original one. This happens about 1-3 times a week.

NOW I have stuck to my guns for the new year and haven't started a new profile or anything and thankfully due to PS+ and recent sales I've got around 200-250 games digitally across all three systems. Now I'm just focusing on finishing each game and actually enjoying it. I tend not to go for multiplayer trophies because I'm not a big MP fan unless it's with friends (they've all gone to XB1 so I've thrown that idea out of the window.) 

(I don't know where the hell this story went but it's all over the place. I guess I needed to get that off my chest.)

• Like 1

Trophies have no financial value. The trophies you have don't impress anybody. You can't take trophies with you when you die. Trophies are less accomplishments and more "Hey, I played a videogame". Trophies will not make people accept you. Trophies will not hide any flaws you have as a human being and will only succeed in magnifying them. If you need trophies to extend how much you play a game, then it's not the game, it's you and your lack of ability to have fun. Trophies are virtual pats on the back, akin to treats given to dogs when they've done a trick, and playing to obtain trophies is putting yourself on the same level as a dog. Except the dog receives something physical and tangible, while you receive something virtual and worthless.

I am a trophy hunter who tries to get every trophy for every game, but if I see some trophy that would take me months to do I skip it however I do all others that don't take that time. For example: Injustice was my first ps4 game (1st game on this account as well). I played it, loved it. Laughed with it, Cried with it (some stuff got me really mad  :lol: ) but at the end I completed everything except 2 things. 1 - Complete Battle Mode (all battles) So I completed all of them except 2 (another 2 I know I know...) were left. 1 was were the CPU was playing at highest difficulty (it was higher than highest as I could beat the highest difficulty with little effort but he just read my buttons and though of most brutal punishment for me, cried here as well  xD ) and the other 1 was where I had to beat the whole roster with 1 character life (restoring about 10 - 20% if lucky) and whole roster had 24 if I remember correctly (excluding DLC characters). Then the other trophy that was away from me platinuming the game was reach level 100. I reached level 67 (or 68) in about 1 - 2 months. And to reach level 100 It needed about 50MIL exp and I had less than 10MIL in few months. Well I was like Fu** this game. I'd rather complete 20 other games (I did  B) ) than to try complete this 1. Even now Im not regretting my decision.

I probably should've started here but oh well, its me, I always write/type informally. My trophy hunting hobby (yes its a hobby of mine, not an addiction) started 2 weeks after I got my ps3 at around 2012 start of autumn. I was playing this game, nope don't like it, put in another game and do same thing with all 10 of them. Then I decided to search through menus and found trophies. I checked some of the games trophies and I was like: Alright I'll give it a try (to get the trophy) then I achieved it and I felt as if I done something awesome in my life  xD. Then after few weeks my bro noticed me getting all trophies for games and started to complain to me that I play a game despite hating it ( I loved them not hated them he just though this way) and try to get the trophies. I was like: alright here play this game and do that, don't do that I'll be back in about 10 - 20 mins ( he was bored so at least I gave him to play with the console  :lol: ) Then I return and see him checking the trophies and noticed that he done few of them. Im like: The heck are you doing ? playing a game despite hating it to get the trophies? then we both laughed and started trophy hunting together. :)  Up until this day we still play games on same console/account and help each other when we need to. We have this BrotherStation Relationship  :lol:  ( sounds weird right :D I just made it up ) and hey people say games bring violence? didn't it create an awesome bond between me and my annoying, big brother ?

It was nice to share my little story and it actually made me happy. I will read other stories and think if I could relate to them in any way... ( Why did I just write that  :unsure:  )

Edit: WOAH didn't realize that I will write such a long post, I actually am surprised myself as the last time I wrote such a long post was...was... never I guess :P

Edited by Scorpions444
  • Like 2

I'm a new trophy hunter and i admit that i personally have an addiction. Every time i buy a game i first play it for fun and to learn the environments but on the second playthrough i have to get all the trophies. But i don't buy games just to get more trophies. If a game gets my attention then i just buy it and play it until it's 100% complete.

I um... evidently, am not a hunter at all. I seldom think about trophies. Some of you might already know this already, but I always play games for their quality and sear enjoyment. When I do think about trophies, they're usually an afterthought. If it happens to be easy or I've done absolutely everything else, I might go plat for the hell of it, or if I'm really, really bored. Reason why I'm in this community at all is because I like it, and I want an excuse to play with other people.

I am however, considering on being an assistant. Someone who helps others get there trophies, provided I have the game and PS Plus of course...

Edited by CrimsonMars

Am I a hunter probably not so much as I like to think with my completion rate of 32%. I have changed my ways of late and am trying to complete as many games in my list as possible..

Am I addicted to gaming well yes probably I am and I wouldn't want it any other way. B)

If there are more hunters like me out there looking to complete more games from there list and are looking for help with games for example multi player trophies. I'm still looking to get the EXO survival trophies for Call of duty: Advanced Warfare, Feel free to add me on PSN. Just let me know you're from psnprofiles. :wave:

I am a trophy hunter, But not a platinum hunter. I will only platinum a game if I can do it in one playthrough, But I will attempt to get all the trophy's I can. 

My most annoying trophies were the Co-Op trophies in Far Cry 3. My friends didn't want to go back to the game just to help me get trophies so me and my brother had to play couch Co-Op. 

Here's where the problems arise.

I had my heart set on getting the platinum in this game and the fact that I had gotten every trophy except for the Co-Op ones was driving me nuts.

We tried the first mission.

I have never forced myself to grind so much. Many tears were shed. My brother and I had many dumb deaths and failures. It took us two weeks to force ourselves to get those 5 or so trophies. (Maybe more or maybe less, It's been awhile)

When I told him that I was going for the platinum in Far Cry 4 he had a look of horror on his face. Luckily for him I had found better friends and Far Cry 4 doesn't have offline Co-Op.

Edited by ghkjjhfassshhhgd