Trophy Thoughts The Elder Scrolls Online .

Judging by the descriptions it looks like you have to do a hell of a lot to get all those trophies. You could probably smash your way through the main story in a few solid days but all the extra achievements and side quests are probably going to be a big ask. I am guessing it will still be ultra rare after 6 months... but the main appeal for me is getting lost in the huge world and not giving a damn about the trophies anyway. I am anticipating a shed-load of DLC after release as well

Meh trophies arn't that hard, if your a MMO fan its not much harder than FF14 or DCUO. 

...HOWEVER... that one and only trophy... "Become Emperor of Tamriel" now that trophy is going to be extremely ultra fucking rare. I doubt I ever will get it, and nor will most of you. 

Only 1 Emperor can be crowned per server, requires your faction to be winning (all 6 keeps surrounding the Imperial City) and requires you to be #1 on the Leaderboards for your faction. 

The best chance you have at this trophy is to be playing the game non-stop 20+ hours a day at the very beginning and hopefully No Life = Emperorship.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 1

Meh trophies arn't that hard, if your a MMO fan its not much harder than FF14 or DCUO. 

...HOWEVER... that one and only trophy... "Become Emperor of Tamriel" now that trophy is going to be extremely ultra fucking rare. I doubt I ever will get it, and nor will most of you. 

Only 1 Emperor can be crowned per server, requires your faction to be winning (all 6 keeps surrounding the Imperial City) and requires you to be #1 on the Leaderboards for your faction. 

The best chance you have at this trophy is to be playing the game non-stop 20+ hours a day at the very beginning and hopefully No Life = Emperorship.

Do we get to send people to the VOID? :awesome:

• Like 2

That sounds completely ridiculous but from what the overview is implying, anyone meeting the conditions can become emperor. I would hope it doesn't require a server change just to be able to get the trophy.

It's also having to count on non-douchey players who obtained it to let themselves be killed so someone can obtain the title (and thus the trophy). I imagine Bethesda would be willing to change it if the outcry is great enough.

I'm guessing if you have to be number one in your faction then theres going to be a lot of smaller factions binding together to form a massive alliance within those 3 race alliances. Can't see them making it one per server given how long it'd take to level up your character (max level 80-100, same as ff14 and skyrim post dlc) to take it to begin with. Also, there's an issue of that emperor's person not being online at the time of being attacked so there's some auto response fighting (sleeping, eating, bathing requirements). Closest I've come to an MMO like this are the 6-9 months I spent on Evony....my gawd, theres no way one of those who don't sleep at all can be the only type to hold a trophy like this. Outcry would be tremendous, not to mention the outcry within the faction of late come trophy hunters going for plat to have to make the jump between after climbing to top 10 to push their way into top 3 of a 100+ member alliance/faction. You'd have servers of 100's or a 1000 solely for the purpose of that trophy, there'd be no more fun of the game. It would come down to level of addiction and thats always a bad premise, from a mental health point of view if nothing else. I hope Bethesda cares a bit more for their fan base than that, especially since they did away with the subscription model to appeal more to them and those wallets. But I agree, 6 months after release and maybe most of the game's lifespan (until next sp) and it will still be an ultra rare.

That sounds completely ridiculous but from what the overview is implying, anyone meeting the conditions can become emperor. I would hope it doesn't require a server change just to be able to get the trophy.

It's also having to count on non-douchey players who obtained it to let themselves be killed so someone can obtain the title (and thus the trophy). I imagine Bethesda would be willing to change it if the outcry is great enough.

Your 'alliance points' don't transfer between servers/campaigns as far as I know. 

I guess it is possible to pass on emperorship giving multiple people the chance at becoming it.

You can lose emperorship in 3 ways.

1. If you lose control of all 6 keeps

2. Another player from your alliance passes you in Alliance Points leaderboard (which are earned by kills, battles, capturing points, and healing/reviving)

3. You switch servers and therefor forfeit your crown.

But most hardcore MMO players (not trophy hunters) who play these kind of games literally 24/7 tend to be selfish and would rather keep the title for themselves if possible. 

Edited by MafiaBrett

I guess it'll take a long while to get them, seeing as Bethesda wants gamers to pay for the subscription as long as possible.

Nope.

79-228-032-24.jpg

I for one am very grateful there's some bang for your buck trophies in here, and ones that seem to require a bit more to them than FFXIV.  

Seem to be a good balance between completing the game, and from the looks of things - see the extreme of everything that I would wager will take multiple characters.  I see things like "Be A Werewolf" and "Be A Vampire"; which I assume, and hope, are mutually exclusive choices.

Couple with "Indecent Exposure", there's some interesting little tidbits to occupy ourselves with.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I will still wait two weeks to avoid the launch issues and to get the full skinny on how the game plays.  Which puts it directly in the path of Heavensward.  A separate topic, why the only two MMO for consoles feel they have to battle it out is strange.

This list is awesome, but that emporer trophy makes me cringe.

I already know that I won't get the platinum for this due to me never playing any sort of pvp in any game ever!

But just because I don't get the platinum, doesn't mean i won't love this game any less. I'm a HUGE Elder Scrolls fan and I have been playing MMO's for a good....9 years or so.

I just hope people didn't get this game thinking it will be anything like Skyrim....it's not. Bottom line, it's an MMO, not Skyrim with co-op. Bethesda did NOT make this game, Zenimax studios did.

Rant aside, this game is going to be AMAZING for MMO lovers and Elder Scrolls lore fans! Good luck to those who are aiming to get the platinum, you have a long and tedious journey ahead of you! ^.^

On that note I will see you all in Tamriel on Tuesday!

The trophy list looks absolutely perfect for an MMORPG, it actually gets you to try out and do so much, unlike FF14 which had one of the worst trophy lists an MMORPG could ever have

It'll take ages to hit the 90% on the list

However the Emperor trophy will mean everyone on this site, and I mean EVERYONE will only get to the 90-92% point

One emperor per PvP campaign, top-rated player of their faction

People stating smaller factions will help, you realise there's 3 right? 3 factions for a game that'll probably peak at lets say 1million

so thats on average 333k people in a faction, and you have to be the number one player in your faction for PvP out of 330,000 people, whilst also being in the faction that wins the domination of the keeps

So you could end up being rank 1 but not winning the domination at which point your time is wasted

I honestly, hope they patch that trophy so you get the achievement for reaching the highest rank in PvP rather than becoming Emperor which achievement wise is like getting the 1000g in Hellboy for 360; impossible

I for one WAS going to attempt the Platinum, but with the one Emperor trophy you guys are all talking about, I'll backpedal that idea. I mean I'm still trying to earn that last trophy for Platinum in FFXIV and plus the expansion coming out for that game soon enough ( PLEASE MORE TROPHIES)

I'll put this game on the backburner and tackle it probably around fall since it does not require a subscription fee. I heard this game is not the greatest MMO so I'm not that eager to try it out as I was when it was first announced.

Judging by the descriptions it looks like you have to do a hell of a lot to get all those trophies. You could probably smash your way through the main story in a few solid days but all the extra achievements and side quests are probably going to be a big ask. I am guessing it will still be ultra rare after 6 months... but the main appeal for me is getting lost in the huge world and not giving a damn about the trophies anyway. I am anticipating a shed-load of DLC after release as well

Well, you're in luck. ZeniMax online stated that they have plans to release DLC for the next FIVE years.

As for the topic, I'd say the difficulty only comes from having such a demanding amount of time spent in the game to earn the trophies. The only one I see giving anyone a legitimately hard time is the "Emperor!" trophy. 

I for one WAS going to attempt the Platinum, but with the one Emperor trophy you guys are all talking about, I'll backpedal that idea. I mean I'm still trying to earn that last trophy for Platinum in FFXIV and plus the expansion coming out for that game soon enough ( PLEASE MORE TROPHIES)

I'll put this game on the backburner and tackle it probably around fall since it does not require a subscription fee. I heard this game is not the greatest MMO so I'm not that eager to try it out as I was when it was first announced.

It's not a bad game at all. All the hate for it spews from the early release version. ZeniMax has since made a hell of a lot of changes and fixed many, MANY issues with the game. The version that was released for consoles is a very good, competent MMO, and deserves a chance. It has great voice acting, good controls, a robust skill system, and is just plain fun to play. And there is zero lag even in a full server.

Edited by AnimeDreama

• 2 weeks later...