Bloody Fingers and Broken Controllers: Let's Play Cloudberry Kingdom

Actually bought this game :facepalm: , so I feel obligated to play it. (That tells you how terrible I am at researching games before I buy...) Sign me up, I'll do this between Bioshock sessions (As long as that's okay :D)  I'll warn you now, though, I'm still struggling with the Sound Shapes death modes so I'm no platformer guru. :dunno: So be prepared to watch me suffer at level five or something. :(

BTW: How long is this we play going for?

It's "hard" for those without a trained eye (read as: non-danmaku players). Also, the hitbox is a bit... Huge. Currently at 143 as I'm writing this, but it hasn't been THAT difficult for me to require slow-mo (vital at "danmaku" levels), but a few dotted paths because I'm lazy to learn the pattern by myself (especially when I'm playing half-asleep). Real pain begins at 250+.

EDIT: daily break at 171. Will probably hit 200 tonight.

Edited by djGLCKR

I'll join but I've earned a few trophies already. I'll def restart from level 1 though with you guys.

No need for that unless you really really want to, or you feel like re-doing the beginning levels will be good practice or something.

Added everybody to the main post so far with the info you provided.  If nobody likes the trophy % column I can take that out.

Nice to see this game getting more visibility now that it's on PS+.

It would be cool to see the death count instead of trophy% as that would really represent well what kind of game we are dealing with here (hint: you'll die thousands of times). I wrote a lot of stuff of both last levels on PST so if you're interested, head there. One of the most important things to know is that when you finally get to the end of the last level and the level completed menu pops up, don't choose the exit game option as that won't unlock the trophy. Instead, choose continue and Shenanigans will pop. There's no way to get back to level 320 after beating it so if you don't have backups and accidentally choose exit game, you need to do the whole chapter 7 again.

Good luck to everyone, though luck won't get you very far ;)

That sounds like a bad day to whoever discovered this issue :facepalm:

• Like 2

All right guys, enough waiting, we've got a few people with a decent head start so I figure what's the point in waiting any longer.  Tomorrow (June 8th) will be the start date for those waiting for the group.  I've got it downloaded and am ready to take the plunge, so let's all get started.  =D

Apparently you need 4 controllers to 100% this. I do want to play this game, but until I get 2 more controllers, it will have to wait.

4 controllers is the least of your concerns when it comes to 100% for this game. Those last two levels will separate the insane from the gods.

Edited by Jibril

i have started (Eu its already 8.june), and i have to say this game is reeeally good. It makes fun :) . im at stage 101 in story mode.  stage 77 was the hardest so far , because you cant stop (falling platforms) , but you have to time your start precise + you use that bouncy .  

Now i need little break :) , maybe i try Arcade mode a bit.

UPDATE:   Im at stage 161  :) phew it getting harder.  the Phasing Bob is aweful .... 116 was very hard for me .  and one of the spaceship stages was the first stage i used an gagdet (slow motion) , because of toooo many flies. :)

i need a break . my head starts to hurt ^^  (Trophy : 52% )

Edited by Xionx

Currently playing and I'm at level 61

Quick questions:

1) Is it important to collect all the collectables in each level?

2) Is there a way to go back to a previous level?

EDIT:
Thank you Xionx.

Update: Level 67

Trophy Progress: 4% :D

Edited by Kittet3

Im at 215 now ..... it took me about 1 hour to beat 214 ....  i think i will hit a wall very soon .

Currently playing and I'm at level 61

Quick questions:

1) Is it important to collect all the collectables in each level?

2) Is there a way to go back to a previous level?

1) laaaater you need some gadgets  like slow motion , or preview of best path . these cost  crystals. but they dont cost that much , and i used first gagdet at 116 , and another in 214 .

2) i have not tried to go back. but i read that you have to backup your save -> delet save spot and use new save for the "one chapter without dying " trophy.

• Like 1