Mega Man Legacy Collection

Capcom has announced they will be releasing the Mega Man Legacy Collection this summer. The collection will feature the original 6 Mega Man games along with new bonus features. Apparently it will be available digitally for $14.99 on PS4 and Xbox One, with a 3DS release coming later. The full article is linked below.

Mega Man Legacy Collection

Add this to the release of Mighty No. 9 in September and this should be a great year for Mega Man fans. I'll probably pick this collection up eventually since I used to love these games. I know they have released these before in a collection but I no longer have those systems like the Gamecube, so it'll be nice to be able to play them again. 

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 3

Sweet. 2015 is shaping my up to be great, already have Bloodborne, Witcher, great indies like Shovel Knight and tons of big games coming this fall. I know many people are gloom and doom about the games industry but 2015 has me excited.

It's a little disappointing it's only the first 6, but I'm happy to see Mega Man finally getting a little love. Despite not having a PS4, I'll be picking it up day 1.

I am curious about why they are only including the first 6 games in the series. I understand not including any of the X or Legends titles in the collection, although it would be great to have them all together in one package. However, the old Mega Man Anniversary Collection included the first 8 games so why not at least include Mega Man 7 and 8 as well? Only thing I can think of is that the original 6 were all on NES while the others were either SNES or Playstation. 

Oh you mean kinda like what they've already done on the PS2, PS3, and PSP... :facepalm:...riiiight, the whole "no backwards compatibility" thing

Welp, oh well. I guess its another generation to rerelease a collection of games that has been rereleased for at least the pass to 2 console generations....enjoy :rolleyes:

Edited by merciful84

I am curious about why they are only including the first 6 games in the series. I understand not including any of the X or Legends titles in the collection, although it would be great to have them all together in one package. However, the old Mega Man Anniversary Collection included the first 8 games so why not at least include Mega Man 7 and 8 as well? Only thing I can think of is that the original 6 were all on NES while the others were either SNES or Playstation. 

Maybe because this should've been titled Mega Man: The NES Collection. Maybe because they didn't have the floppy disk on hand that contains the code for 7 and 8. Maybe their code was too different to be used in whatever engine they're using for this collection. Maybe because they're releasing a Volume 2 at a later date with the rest of the games. Maybe because fuck you, that's why. Who knows what their logic is, I'm happy to have the earliest games on a playable format with trophy support.

• Like 1

I cant say for sure, but I imagine it's because of the porting process. Doing 1-6 is largely just a copy-pasta job for each game once they figured out how to get NES games to work. For 7 they would've had to figure out the porting process from scratch again, but then only ported the one game. Same for 8, and then again for 9-10. Considering Capcom's financial problems, they probably didn't want to spend the money to port them. Especially since they would've had to increase the price. I imagine a $15 collection is lot easier sell than a $20-$30 collection.

• Like 1

The honest truth is that this annoys me to no end.

First off, this screams 8bit hipster hypetrain bullshit. Because 7+8 don't follow the video game industry of renaissance styled 8bit we can't include those, and it would be really weird to skip those and add 9+10, so we'll omit those too.

Secondly, they'll do a shitty port job and keep all the bugs like they always do with Classic Mega Man. Hallucinogenic Top Man stage can go fuck itself.

Finally, Mega Man X is the superior product with the most visceral learning experience. X9 would make the world gasm, not MM collection no.5.

/rant #MML3stillsalty

• Like 1

14.99 is kind of high for 6 NES games. Maybe if this was 9.99 or it include all the Xs as well that would be different (yes 5$ actually does make a difference).

I have been hoping for a Capcom collection similar to the Sega collection but I wanted it with all the classic NES/SNES games to be included (except the Disney ones obviously as that would be pretty hard to license now).

• Like 1

The honest truth is that this annoys me to no end.

First off, this screams 8bit hipster hypetrain bullshit. Because 7+8 don't follow the video game industry of renaissance styled 8bit we can't include those, and it would be really weird to skip those and add 9+10, so we'll omit those too.

Secondly, they'll do a shitty port job and keep all the bugs like they always do with Classic Mega Man. Hallucinogenic Top Man stage can go fuck itself.

Finally, Mega Man X is the superior product with the most visceral learning experience. X9 would make the world gasm, not MM collection no.5.

/rant #MML3stillsalty

I guess if you born after the first 3 or 4 or so, your level of enthusiasm about this might be different than mine. :P

14.99 is kind of high for 6 NES games. Maybe if this was 9.99 or it include all the Xs as well that would be different (yes 5$ actually does make a difference).

I have been hoping for a Capcom collection similar to the Sega collection but I wanted it with all the classic NES/SNES games to be included (except the Disney ones obviously as that would be pretty hard to license now).

On the eShop, all NES games are at least $5. Since that's the current standard price for digital NES games, and it would cost $30 to buy all 6 games on the eShop, $15 is a great deal. Especially considering they're adding in some stuff. Let's also take into account that Mega Man 1-4 on PS3's PSN is $6 each. You can only get 1-4, but if all 6 had been released, that would've been $36 for all of them. $15 is a great deal for all 6 games, and is more than fair.

• Like 1

On the eShop, all NES games are at least $5. Since that's the current standard price for digital NES games, and it would cost $30 to buy all 6 games on the eShop, $15 is a great deal. Especially considering they're adding in some stuff. Let's also take into account that Mega Man 1-4 on PS3's PSN is $6 each. You can only get 1-4, but if all 6 had been released, that would've been $36 for all of them. $15 is a great deal for all 6 games, and is more than fair.

5$ for an NES game is also high. Don't forget the anniversary collection cost 20$ and it came with 2 additional games (and that was a physical disc). This is 15$ for digital code of over 20 year old games.

66696-Mega_Man_Anniversary_Collection-1.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

5$ for an NES game is also high. Don't forget the anniversary collection cost 20$ and it came with 2 additional games (and that was a physical disc). This is 15$ for digital code of over 20 year old games.

If you can say that $5 for an NES game is high, then I can't really argue, but I also can't agree. I think there's a lot of overpriced nonsense going on this gen, like the Uncharted Collection, but I really don't think this is overpriced. Especially considering that the only alternatives to play these games on current consoles, are far more expensive.

If you can say that $5 for an NES game is high, then I can't really argue, but I also can't agree. I think there's a lot of overpriced nonsense going on this gen, like the Uncharted Collection, but I really don't think this is overpriced. Especially considering that the only alternatives to play these games on current consoles, are far more expensive.

I guess I was just wishing for a more complete collection. Sega hit it out of the park with their Sega Collection. what was that like 50 games for 30$. Now that is a collection. I would be willing to pay 30 if we got the nes/snes megamans, breath of fire 1+2, Ghouls and Ghost series, Demon's Crest, Mega Man soccer (because why not), Bionic Commando etc.

I guess I got spoiled because other companies just did it better, first.