Cheater Removal

There's a lot of work that needs to go into it since I'll be excluding them from all stats/trophy rarities. The automatic flagging has 1,506 users cheating 3,105 games. When I do implement the removal all those will disappear instantly.

Nice to hear the update, thanks

There's a lot of work that needs to go into it since I'll be excluding them from all stats/trophy rarities. The automatic flagging has 1,506 users cheating 3,105 games. When I do implement the removal all those will disappear instantly.

Wow. That is a lot more people than I expected.

hm... ok, but then they can still show off how great trophy hunters they are...

ppl who are not active on this side (mostly every PS costumer ;) ) won’t notice that the leaderboard rankings are missing… and most ppl won’t know why they are not listed on the leaderboards. so imo it doesn’t make much difference…

I would at something so everybody knows why they are not listed/banned from leaderboard!

Cheater should deal with that… its normal that if u cheat and get caught there is now excuse and u have to deal with the consequences! There is just no excuse for cheating! It just makes the hard earned trophies for everybody else worthless!

It really sucks if u try hard and train and invest time to get a hard trophy and somebody else just use a savegame for the same award. Sure u still know for yourself that u got it legit and others don’t but the rest of the ppl don’t know that fact, it just leaves a bitter aftertaste that u may just wasted your time.

Ok the cheater stamp is too extreme but something should be mentioned… like “banned from leaderboard because of cheating” instead of the rankings

If I worked at sony I had banned all the cheaters permanently from the PSN! Like valve does with cheaters on steam or MS in XBL…

Edited by Flail

ppl who are not active on this side (mostly every PS costumer ;) ) won’t notice that the leaderboard rankings are missing… and most ppl won’t know why they are not listed on the leaderboards. so imo it doesn’t make much difference…

I would at something so everybody knows why they are not listed/banned from leaderboard!

Cheater should deal with that… its normal that if u cheat and get caught there is now excuse and u have to deal with the consequences! There is just no excuse for cheating! It just makes the hard earned trophies for everybody else worthless!

It really sucks if u try hard and train and invest time to get a hard trophy and somebody else just use a savegame for the same award. Sure u still know for yourself that u got it legit and others don’t but the rest of the ppl don’t know that fact, it just leaves a bitter aftertaste that u may just wasted your time.

Ok the cheater stamp is too extreme but something should be mentioned… like “banned from leaderboard because of cheating” instead of the rankings

If I worked at sony I had banned all the cheaters permanently from the PSN! Like valve does with cheaters on steam or MS in XBL…

I know what you mean but it would not help at all. when there is cheater on the trophy card they don't use it. they use another Trophy Card or none at all.

If you worked at Sony at banned players from PSN you'd probably get fired for losing revenue.

Will this affect trophy percentages?....for example will a cheater's trophies not count towards how rare the trophy is?....so there is a more realistic percentage number for the rarity....

yeah, it won't count. I remember him mentioning it a couple pages back. check and I'm sure you will find it a bit more descriptive.

• Like 1

If you worked at Sony at banned players from PSN you'd probably get fired for losing revenue.

all the other companies ban cheaters and gamers appreciate it ;) so no i won’t get fired!

a cheater secure network would be preferred over a network full of cheaters... this will risen the revenue in the end! or do u really think valve, activision, microsoft, EA, etc. fire their employees for banning cheaters from their network? ;)

not the cheaters are the ppl who invest the most money (a lot of them get trophies/achievement with pirated/borrowed games because they just have to start it once) but the mainstream does... so if u ban 1% off all gamers who cheat the others would stay with your service because it’s free of cheaters...

if u do nothing against cheaters ppl will leave for a cheater free service... for example thats why so many ppl prefer playing counterstrike 1.6 over the official steam application with VAC activated and not over the “free” internet like before steam... or without VAC

the real gamers who invest a lot of money in their hobby despise cheaters ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering on status on this, and if there was a way to report cheaters yet. I noticed one person who had a ~200 hr plat in under 2 days - Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes - and then on looking at that page, it seems like the entire leaderboard for it is under 5 minutes...

I put in my 180 hours into that game and enjoyed it!

Honestly what am I wondering is what will happen first.

Will LibertyCity hack his way to number #1 or be booted before then.

that guy is the most dishonest trophy hunter,seriously he should get removed he is a shame...he platinums games in 5 hours and many in under 6 minutes which is impossible unless you hack them

just see this,its ridiculous:

http://psnprofiles.c...LibertyCity1983

this is just an example,he has more than 50 hacked platinums

Edited by Nishikori2012