Cheater Removal

what about the people that gameshare? i also think they need to be pulled.

In that case, then count me out of the leaderboard, I have Skyrim and Naruto platinum trophys and LBP not fi9nished but I borrowed from a friend and the other 2. (IRONY)

(REALITY) I need to say something? Because I don't remember what I was writing now :lol: LOL

now serious if people borrow games to other is because the people that want that game don't have ways to get the game to himself, like for me is financial issues, but also thse 3 games I can't find in stores

everyone has been talking about this for months now . i thing sly is working on a system for removing the cheaters but until it is ready , cant the obvious ones at the top be removed now ? everyone knows who they are , so just delete them .

also i was just curious , with no cheaters and not including teams - does anyone know who the genuine number 1 would be ? i would buy him a pint whoever it is !

• Like 1

I've had an itchy opinion under my skin for a little while with this debate. Just throwing it out there.

Deleting or scratching a user out of existence comes with its own negatives not the least of which is putting the admin under the pressure of who to boot and working out whether they did the bad or didn't do the bad, etc. A grand pain in the ass especially when the top users in question will start making a noise to defend themselves right or wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned earlier but I really think that simply* putting a filter on the leaderboard would work for most. i.e. tick the box to only show users who do not have 'suspicious activity'. Without getting too heavily into the debate of zero tolerance, the 3 and out rule originally proposed by sly works fine imo - it allows for a possible user mistake and a possible system mistake before being stamped).

*I say simply above but you know what I mean. Sorry sly. It's just a case of press F2 and job done, right :)

Most of us would just use the Clean Board in this way. If you don't mind all the other noise that comes with alleged cheaters and teams earning trophies at an unrealistic rate then leave the filter off.

Bieleric and duck360 and all the others aiming for the team-punk all's-fair-in-love-and-war top spot can happily go on winning their own race and the rest of us can gaze in genuine admiration at the filtered dude or dudette who is sitting at the top of the table.

I may have missed something obvious but it sounds like a fairly happy place to be (if you're an honest weasel at least).

• Like 3

im talking about people sharing save files.

Then you're talking about something other than gamesharing. Trophy sharing sounds more like what you're talking about, and of course that is frowned upon. But in most cases, trophies that have been shared will have legitimate timestamps so I don't think its possible to target something like that.

• Like 1

Then you're talking about something other than gamesharing. Trophy sharing sounds more like what you're talking about, and of course that is frowned upon. But in most cases, trophies that have been shared will have legitimate timestamps so I don't think its possible to target something like that.

Yeah, you can. Most people aren't that smart lol

I've had an itchy opinion under my skin for a little while with this debate. Just throwing it out there.

Deleting or scratching a user out of existence comes with its own negatives not the least of which is putting the admin under the pressure of who to boot and working out whether they did the bad or didn't do the bad, etc. A grand pain in the ass especially when the top users in question will start making a noise to defend themselves right or wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned earlier but I really think that simply* putting a filter on the leaderboard would work for most. i.e. tick the box to only show users who do not have 'suspicious activity'. Without getting too heavily into the debate of zero tolerance, the 3 and out rule originally proposed by sly works fine imo - it allows for a possible user mistake and a possible system mistake before being stamped).

*I say simply above but you know what I mean. Sorry sly. It's just a case of press F2 and job done, right :)

Most of us would just use the Clean Board in this way. If you don't mind all the other noise that comes with alleged cheaters and teams earning trophies at an unrealistic rate then leave the filter off.

Bieleric and duck360 and all the others aiming for the team-punk all's-fair-in-love-and-war top spot can happily go on winning their own race and the rest of us can gaze in genuine admiration at the filtered dude or dudette who is sitting at the top of the table.

I may have missed something obvious but it sounds like a fairly happy place to be (if you're an honest weasel at least).

IMO this is the best proposed idea surrounding this topic let the cheaters cheat but lump them all together to compete against each other and the people that that dont cheat can admire that #1 spot in the non cheater leaderboards

Edited by silver_pigy

how do you trophy share im curious as to how someone would do that do you copy and paste the trophies onto someone elses profile or something

Someone earns the trophies on an account that is not yet associated with a PSN ID. Once the trophies are earned, they go to the account creation page but click on "use existing ID". Once the PSN ID is linked, the person syncs the trophies and there you go.

Someone earns the trophies on an account that is not yet associated with a PSN ID. Once the trophies are earned, they go to the account creation page but click on "use existing ID". Once the PSN ID is linked, the person syncs the trophies and there you go.

i dont see the point in that if they are going to go through all that trouble why not earn the trophies themselves

i dont see the point in that if they are going to go through all that trouble why not earn the trophies themselves

I agree. I wish someone that has done this to post here, because it just confuses me why someone would want someone else's work on their account.

I don't like this at all. Seems like it will be the same amount of work but cheaters still have a place to ruin things for everyone else. Ban them and let them start their own hacked leaderboards.

everyone has been talking about this for months now . i thing sly is working on a system for removing the cheaters but until it is ready , cant the obvious ones at the top be removed now ? everyone knows who they are , so just delete them

I like this idea a lot.

This leaderboard is getting ridiculous,MGS4 trophy patch came 5 days ago,and there are people hacking the trophies and getting that platinum in less than 70 hours,there are people that platinumed the game in less than 2 days

2 days is impossible. Just the chicken emblem alone takes 35 hours and you need 7more playthroughs.

• Like 1

This leaderboard is getting ridiculous,MGS4 trophy patch came 5 days ago,and there are people hacking the trophies and getting that platinum in less than 70 hours,there are people that platinumed the game in less than 2 days

That is actually done legit, you can't hack the platinum out of the blue, someone has to get it legit and then share the save file to create the actual hack.

That is actually done legit, you can't hack the platinum out of the blue, someone has to get it legit and then share the save file to create the actual hack.

MGS4 Platinum in under 2 days legit? I dont think so...you need 35 hours for Chicken emblem...and you need to unlock all 40 emblems which takes 8 playthroughs,and there is a Platinum save collection being shared on a hacking site...you got your answer Edited by Nishikori2012

How much is the minnum of hours for beating the game skipping all cutscenes?

3 hours skipping cutscenes minimum,but its not simple playtroughs you need to collects all emblems and weapons and on the trophy guide says that the minimum hours to plat is 60 so dont be ridiculous i know they used trophy hacks cause their profile is full of hacked platinums Edited by Nishikori2012