Cheater Removal

Way too lienient if you ask me. Should be one confirmed hack and you're off. People having even one hacked game and appearing at the top of a leaderboard is just plain insulting to everyone who earns their trophies. As long as you can confirm with 100% certainty that they hacked even one game, I think they should be removed and never allowed to return with that PSN account.

^ My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

have an overall leaderboard with absolutely everyone on it like now, and have a totally legit one where everyone that has glitched even a single game dissapears of it, that way everyone is totally happy.

No. There should not be a leaderboard with cheaters on there. The three games is fine. It's less work.

I disagree with having more than one leaderboard, just keep one clean of people that have hacked saves or other time exploits. 2 or 3 strikes may be too much, but I can see the reasoning (specially because it gives space to check correctly and not cause false positives to be removed).

As a cheater, of course YOU like it. However, as an honest trophy hunter, I hate it. You're a cheater. I don't care about your excuses. I don't care how many you earned legit VS how many you cheated for. Bottom line is that you cheated. You and others like you don't deserve a spot on the leaderboard with the accounts you used to cheat under any circumstances. If you really want to be on a leaderboard without your SOCOM trophies counted, start a new account and earn your trophies properly this time.

But asking sites like this to do a ton of extra work behind the scenes so cheaters like yourself can stay on the leaderboards? How is that even remotely fair? Cheaters are the enemy (if they weren't, this thread about adding features and guidelines to remove them wouldn't exist). Any work going into this site or others like it should be towards making things better for the truly legit trophy hunters, not the cheaters. You cheated; either start over legit or suffer the consequences of continuing to play on an account you cheated on. But nobody should bend over backwards to accomdate you after you've cheated.

I could honestly care less if im on a leaderboard. Ranks dont earn me money or prizes, so my idea really dont affect me one bit. In fact the only reason i made a leaderboard to begin with on ygc was because of people like you who think trophies make you a god, or to stroke your virtual ego.

As for alot of work behind the scenes, pfft my idea takes basically no more work than what sly has already talked about doing. It would be basically using his automated system, finds a game and oh look execute a sql query to make the points 0 for said game. These stats and points are all saved already, so there is basically nothing to add. What i have said would bump cheaters DOWN the leaderboard, making it like they didnt play the game at all.

Personally, I see no reason to have two leaderboards, and I see no reason why we should tolerate "hackers." I like the three strike policy, and I feel that there should be no more chances after that. If you've obtained a single trophy illegitimately I think you should be off the leaderboard because if you're cheating you shouldn't be recognized, however I realize that's a little harsh which is why I'm fine with the three strikes.

I'd also like to express my opinion on the 1% thing. Personally, I don't feel you should implement that, Sly. If cheaters want to get back on the leaderboard they should make a new account and do it the right way. We shouldn't allow them to just play more games to get their percentage up and then allow them back on the leaderboard.

Just my opinions.

Parker

I like the idea of a three strikes policy because as said above if it required just a single positive it is possible to cause a simple mistake and the 1% idea leaves it to be exploited by those who play many games. The idea of an alternating leaderboard is kind of interesting but I can see the work possibly involved for it could make it unwieldy, a waste of time and stupid for those working on it.

Also for those dismissing *teams* wouldn't the way you've worded that also dismiss parents who allow their children to play on their account or were those not included, honest question and I apologise if coming off like a smartass by asking it.

I do wonder where is the fun in hacking/cheating, I mean gaming is supposed to be fun, right?

Way too lienient if you ask me. Should be one confirmed hack and you're off. People having even one hacked game and appearing at the top of a leaderboard is just plain insulting to everyone who earns their trophies. As long as you can confirm with 100% certainty that they hacked even one game, I think they should be removed and never allowed to return with that PSN account.

If anyone regrets their hacks, they can feel free to start a brand new PSN account (they're free) and earn trophies honestly, like the rest of us do. Let's be honest: if these people truly regretted their past actions, they would have started a new account and earned every single one of their new trophies anyway. Running around pimping your existing trophy count and mentioning how much you regret your past hacking only when someone spots one of your hacks isn't actually regretting it, it's just a story you tell people to try and get away with the hacking without having people hate you.

And before anyone mentions losing previous PSN purchases, remember that as long as you keep both the old and new accounts on one PS3, the new account can still play all of the content purchased on the old account. No good reason not to start over if you really regret your actions, so to me, all of these people using their accounts with hack trophies on them running around saying how much they regret it are just blowing a bunch of smoke up everyone's asses.

But there's really no such thing as teams earning trophies legit though, is there? If you're letting other people play on your account and getting trophies for you, then you personally did not earn those trophies. It's the same result as hacking: you have a pile of trophies in a game that you didn't earn yourself. The path you took to get those trophies (hacking VS someone else playing for you) might be different, but the end result is the same thing: trophies you did not earn. Thus, those trophies aren't legit, at least not to me. I view people who "earn" trophies on teams with the same disdain as those who hacked. Just some person pimping a trophy list that contains trophies they didn't earn and coming up with some lame excuses whenever someone takes notice of it. I'd actually like to see known teams being removed from leaderboards along with the hackers. Keep the leaderboards clean for true, legit trophy hunters.

Far, far too lienient for my tastes. I don't think these people deserve to "earn" their way back onto the leaderboards like that. Let them start a brand new PSN account and actually earn every single trophy and if they manage to earn enough trophies, they can earn their way back onto the leaderboards that way. Plus, a system like this is just open to abuse from people to desperate to cheat their way to the top to keep their cheating to legit ratio just low enough to stay on the leaderboards. How many of these people who "regret" their previous hacking would start doing it again if they knew they could stay on the leaderboards regardless of it? I imagine a lot of them would.

As a cheater, of course YOU like it. However, as an honest trophy hunter, I hate it. You're a cheater. I don't care about your excuses. I don't care how many you earned legit VS how many you cheated for. Bottom line is that you cheated. You and others like you don't deserve a spot on the leaderboard with the accounts you used to cheat under any circumstances. If you really want to be on a leaderboard without your SOCOM trophies counted, start a new account and earn your trophies properly this time.

But asking sites like this to do a ton of extra work behind the scenes so cheaters like yourself can stay on the leaderboards? How is that even remotely fair? Cheaters are the enemy (if they weren't, this thread about adding features and guidelines to remove them wouldn't exist). Any work going into this site or others like it should be towards making things better for the truly legit trophy hunters, not the cheaters. You cheated; either start over legit or suffer the consequences of continuing to play on an account you cheated on. But nobody should bend over backwards to accomdate you after you've cheated.

I like all that said here. B) rational clear thinking and to the point. even the 1 that points out the flaws in My thinking :shakefist: .. great reading.

I could honestly care less if im on a leaderboard. Ranks dont earn me money or prizes, so my idea really dont affect me one bit. In fact the only reason i made a leaderboard to begin with on ygc was because of people like you who think trophies make you a god, or to stroke your virtual ego.

As for alot of work behind the scenes, pfft my idea takes basically no more work than what sly has already talked about doing. It would be basically using his automated system, finds a game and oh look execute a sql query to make the points 0 for said game. These stats and points are all saved already, so there is basically nothing to add. What i have said would bump cheaters DOWN the leaderboard, making it like they didnt play the game at all.

I can see that being easier, based on how you explained it

Im not to fussed with leaderboards & iv stopped caring about whether people hack their games or not but if they get banned from the leaderboards for hacking SOCOM Confrontation what happens to the platinum club for that? do they get removed from that also?. The reason i ask is im one of the few who got that legit and im kinda curious to what the percentage will be if everyone that hacked it got removed.

Im not to fussed with leaderboards & iv stopped caring about whether people hack their games or not but if they get banned from the leaderboards for hacking SOCOM Confrontation what happens to the platinum club for that? do they get removed from that also?. The reason i ask is im one of the few who got that legit and im kinda curious to what the percentage will be if everyone that hacked it got removed.

I would assume, it's only logical that that if they are removed from the LB for said offence that they be removed from both Platinum and 100% Clubs too. but in the end the man writing the script is the only one that hold the answer to that.

I think 3 is a good amount. I can see what you're saying but at the same time hacking was a fairly tempting prospect back when it came out. I imagine hacking was around before ygc and definitely before psnp so I doubt the leaderboards even existed when hacking started. A lot of the accounts near the top like say duck360 I don't really worry about too much. They hacked some games, fully admitted to them, and stopped a long time ago. Sure it's a blemish but if there was an ability to delete those games, I'm sure they would take it. Having a couple hacks on games 3 or 4 years ago doesn't really warrant a ban. Even without those hacked games they've still earned a ridiculous amount of trophies legitimately and banning them forever for something they did 3 years ago (likely before leaderboards existed) is a little harsh, Although seeing that duck has 5-6 hacked plats instead of the 2-3 I though he had is a little troubling....

There's really only 1, possibly 2, accounts in the top 10 on this site's leaderboard that are under the 3 hack rule and only 1 account with no hacks at all. Many people at the top do deserve to be banned but I think there should be some leniency for the people who are honest and forthright about hacks they did years ago, assuming it's clear that they've stopped hacking. It's the people who lie and try to cover up their hacks who you need to worry to about because if they're lying about blatant hacks with undeniable proof, they're very likely going to continue hacking and just try to be sneakier about it.

if the powers that B feel so lenient on team/group profiles, and feel that even if they earned them legit, then the effort should be made to have a separate Leader Board for Team/Group profiles.

I for 1 am a little discouraged to see a profile @ the Top of the LB to find out that there are multiple profiles behind that 1 profile.

sure ya can say I need a life,"I got a life". and I play games. the LB are a big part of My Gaming life of recent. and a lot might not be willing to admit it but it's a part of theirs.

but then if ya was to go ahead and make a separate LB for teams/group profile, it's only fair to purge that of hackers too.

I think the 3 strikes rule is good. With the program to catch the obvious hacks and a manual report system as well to catch the games that are partially hacked. You will never catch everyone because there are some smart hackers but at least the large majority of them will be gone and people can see where they really stand on the boards. Either way something should be done cause this past year and a half the hacks have boomed like crazy. Like I said sly ill help you anyway I can just let me know.

No ideas here. Except your wasting your time Sly. The site profiles are great and truthfully thats all that matters. You can easily tell who hacks and who doesn't, who's a team and who's not by looking at their profiles. In the end the leaderboards are useless.

Also on a side note. Is there a way to sort the games on your profile by fastest completion time? I thought that was pretty neat when I saw it. Being able to sort by that would be cool.

I don't care. Not sure where you got the idea I do care from. And my profile will continue to update. So, your wrong there. I paid for a premium account so it better update. Which I'm sure it will. Not sure where you got the idea that your profiles won't update if your removed either.

I meant it wouldn't be removed.

The three strikes is more than generous. Confirmed hackers should be removed. Three strikes are giving people a little leeway to the people that only hacked Socom and Fuel.

The way I see it, the hacks we catch are the ones they failed at. How can you honestly take someone seriously once you know they are a hacker?

Doing a 1% or 2% formula is just making things too complicated.

• Like 1

Look if Sly wants to keep the cheaters, he is more than welcome too. Its his site, his rules.

Personally, I think the site will be just fine losing a few cheaters :).

only problem there though is that it wouldn't be peoples actual leaderboard place. and i mean duck360 and hakoom would be removed, wouldn't that seem a little strange? :)

I don't believe hakoom has 3 hacks. I know he has at least 1, but I don't believe he has 3.

But you are asking someone with no hacks if they think removing someone with hacks is strange, uh no I don't :)

duck360 has 6, would be gone, hakoom uses xploder. Many users would be gone, and i strongly believe that removing them would ruin the leaderboard, if you know your so high up legit say #5 legitGreatm you know that, your not far from your 100% legit space. Hackers wouldn't have hacked evrything. i would much rather see the leaderboard stay as it was with everyone that have selected groups removed.

duck360 has 6, would be gone, hakoom uses xploder. Many users would be gone, and i strongly believe that removing them would ruin the leaderboard, if you know your so high up legit say #5 legitGreatm you know that, your not far from your 100% legit space. Hackers wouldn't have hacked evrything. i would much rather see the leaderboard stay as it was with everyone that have selected groups removed.

Tons of people use Xploder, even the ones that claim to be "legit" (Team or not). Truthfully if the hackers get removed, the teams and glitchers need to be removed aswell. The Buzz! glitch takes much more work to do then 90% of the hacks today. Its just as "wrong" as using CFW or Xploder. or even being a team. Thats why I think its funny people who did the glitch call themselves legit. Far from it there, you knew what you were doing when you did it. As did those if us that used the Socom/Fuel exploits.