Cheater Removal

IMO & I'm sure this will be met with alot of resistance from the Community & guest viewing this comment,

"IMO" all "Confermed""Group/team" accounts where they are more than 1 person/persons with access or uses of said account should be banned.

and I don't mean if you and your family is playing your PS3 in your household.

I mean if more than 1individual across same/different Countries on different PS3s are using 1 individual account for the soul purpose as to climb the Leader Boards.

or for any other reason really warrants a ban.

now let Me repeat the Important part,"Confermed""Group/team" account ban.

there, I said it.

now, have @ Me. tell why that wouldn't be fair. :angry:

I like the idea, but I really don't see how it could be implemented. There is no definite way of telling if someone is in a group, people would just start lying and trying to get others in trouble, and I also expect it would be far to much hard work for Sly to keep purging the list of groups. The automated system that is in place at the moment is fine in my opinion.

All the Linger in Shadow trophies pop at the same time after you have completed the game so, 1 minute and 30 seconds is not at all uncommon. Also Heavy Fire Afghanastan can be platted in JUst a few minutes. It allows you to play co-op using and existing account on your ps3. What ever requirements you complete on the current profile will unlock as soon as you log on to the game on the secondary profile. Not uncommon to see that either.

All the Linger in Shadow trophies pop at the same time after you have completed the game so, 1 minute and 30 seconds is not at all uncommon. Also Heavy Fire Afghanastan can be platted in JUst a few minutes. It allows you to play co-op using and existing account on your ps3. What ever requirements you complete on the current profile will unlock as soon as you log on to the game on the secondary profile. Not uncommon to see that either.

this is true i have it done in 1 min 58 sec or something like that and i did not hack it

I was just thinking, instead of having a fixed 3 hacked games limit for everyone, what if it was dynamic based on how many games you have? For example, if you have 1% games hacked (1 hacked game for every 100 games played), then you'll be removed. This would also allow users to be able to earn their way back onto the leaderboards for playing legit games.

Also, 57 posts removed from this thread. Stay on topic and be nice.

I was just thinking, instead of having a fixed 3 hacked games limit for everyone, what if it was dynamic based on how many games you have? For example, if you have 1% games hacked (1 hacked game for every 100 games played), then you'll be removed. This would also allow users to be able to earn their way back onto the leaderboards for playing legit games.

Too bad the picture of the eating bunny was removed to it was pretty cute :lol:

But yes I think its a good idea. I think the best percentage is 2% - 4%

Then leave it alone. It's a waste of time and meaning IMO. Either the leaderboard has integrity or it stays filled with people who acquired their trophies other than the good ol' fashioned way. You can't "kinda" police ONLY the "really bad" hackers and then expect to be taken seriously. Personally, I thought the 3 hacks/cheats was too many in the 1st place.

Too bad the picture of the eating bunny was removed too it was pretty cute :lol:

http://psnprofiles.c...d/page__st__580 Post #593.

• Like 3

If you have a way of identifying what games have been hacked, why not just exclude those games from their trophy count so it reduces it accordingly, then that will place them in the leaderboard as if those games weren't on their trophy card in the first place?

If you have a way of identifying what games have been hacked, why not just exclude those games from their trophy count so it reduces it accordingly, then that will place them in the leaderboard as if those games weren't on their trophy card in the first place?

The SOCOM and FUEL are one thing. A lot of people people did that when that was discovered three years ago. After that, they stopped and a lot wished they didn't do it. But when you have frauds that do EVERYTHING like WKC or GT5 in a few minutes, then there's no placing folks like that in the boards.

Personally, out of the two options, I prefer the 3 strikes rule. I feel its more definitive and will stop some one who has 3 hacked plats and being banned from the leaderboards bitching about someone who has 9 and still being on there due to the percentage.

• Like 4

The SOCOM and FUEL are one thing. A lot of people people did that when that was discovered three years ago. After that, they stopped and a lot wished they didn't do it. But when you have frauds that do EVERYTHING like WKC or GT5 in a few minutes, then there's no placing folks like that in the boards.

Ok, so have a tolerence threshold as well, once you go above x games (or x percent) hacked, then it's total blackout.

Below the threshold it removes those games, above it = bye bye.

The 3 strikes rule is definitely the better one. Just because someone has bought 500 games doesn't mean they should be allowed to hack 5 and be included on the leaderboards.

Sorry duck360, while you seem to be a nice honest guy, it just wouldn't be right to make an exception just so that we can include you...

• Like 2

Personally, out of the two options, I prefer the 3 strikes rule. I feel its more definitive and will stop some one who has 3 hacked plats and being banned from the leaderboards bitching about someone who has 9 and still being on there due to the percentage.

I agree 100% going with a percentage seems like it's catering to the top players/teams on the leaderboard.

hey :) im new to these forums, love this site so very much :) i check it everyday :) although i would like to start making contributions, i know you will probably ignore my message, but here it goes....

Why not make 2 leaderboards... one that includes absolutely everyone like you have right now... and a second for people that are 100% complete that haven't hacked or glitched one trophy, i feel my idea will be ignored, but that is my idea and i believe it would make it so much better. if people get taken off the leaderboard its not then really everyone's rightful places :( so why not try with a second leaderboard... Ya know keep this site #1 :) please <3

hey :) im new to these forums, love this site so very much :) i check it everyday :) although i would like to start making contributions, i know you will probably ignore my message, but here it goes....

Why not make 2 leaderboards... one that includes absolutely everyone like you have right now... and a second for people that are 100% complete that haven't hacked or glitched one trophy, i feel my idea will be ignored, but that is my idea and i believe it would make it so much better. if people get taken off the leaderboard its not then really everyone's rightful places :( so why not try with a second leaderboard... Ya know keep this site #1 :) please <3

I guess having some sort of toggle feature to omit cheaters would be kinda interesting. With the click of a button, it could reload the leaderboards with the hacker removals. I guess this would make both sides of the fence happy.

I guess having some sort of toggle feature to omit cheaters would be kinda interesting. With the click of a button, it could reload the leaderboards with the hacker removals. I guess this would make both sides of the fence happy.

i would love to see that... :) would settle everyones disputes... because it has everysingle gamer registered for the real overlook, and then the completely legit people that haven't even glitched one trophy :) keeps both sides and every member happy :) i hope this is what happens to the site if it must change :)

I would have to agree. 3 strike rule would be easier to accept on all levels. and it seems alot more fairer so it can't be interpreted as favoritism to any.

bad idea.

only if when toggled it just showed all that has been omited.

really makes no sense taking them out just to give them their own LB.

unless We put Black Listed on top.

I would have to agree. 3 strike rule would be easier to accept on all levels. and it seems alot more fairer so it can't be interpreted as favoritism to any.

bad idea.

only if when toggled it just showed all that has been omited.

really makes no sense taking them out just to give them their own LB.

unless We put Black Listed on top.

what do you mean

what do you mean by black listed ? :) as in list them as cheating before on the current leaderboard or something? :)

Yes. Yes. And yes. This will stop the bitching. But then again It's your site, do what You feel is Best.

I still liked my idea that was never completed on ygc. Originally i had the idea to remove the points for the full game that was cheated. Let me do an example using ygc since you dont show the trophy points.

On my name i got about half the socom trophies using the game save. So 1,185 of 1,380 Points since i dont have the dlc trophies. My original idea was to zero out the 1,185 points earned for that game, and then recalculate the total score, this leaves users on the leaderboard, has no set ammount of permitted hacks, cheats, glitches used, and depending on how much they cheated their leaderboard ranks would could go down.

I still liked my idea that was never completed on ygc. Originally i had the idea to remove the points for the full game that was cheated. Let me do an example using ygc since you dont show the trophy points.

On my name i got about half the socom trophies using the game save. So 1,185 of 1,380 Points since i dont have the dlc trophies. My original idea was to zero out the 1,185 points earned for that game, and then recalculate the total score, this leaves users on the leaderboard, has no set ammount of permitted hacks, cheats, glitches used, and depending on how much they cheated their leaderboard ranks would could go down.

I dislike that idea....why should we do extra work for someone who cheated?....that is honestly a hassle and if someone cheated on a few games how do you know they didn't cheat on others?....3 strike rule seems the best....

have an overall leaderboard with absolutely everyone on it like now, and have a totally legit one where everyone that has glitched even a single game dissapears of it, that way everyone is totally happy.

• Like 1