Rambo DLC

I contacted reef entertainement 2 weeks ago, and got this answer:

Hi ..........,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

We have completed making the DLC.  We are just now going through various approvals with SONY and Micrsoft to allow the contents to be released for download.  This is proving much more time consuming than we are expecting.

We hope to have the DLC available on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in the coming months though.

Thanks very much,

Will

At least they're committed?  :hmm:

If anyone cares- Kotaku made a post about this fiasco, one of the developers talks about what happened and they say they are developing a new Terminator game. I'll just quote here the important parts of the article.

“Well as you can imagine we never planned to release the DLC two years after the release of the main game,” said Reef representative Jaspreet Marwaha in an email.

Marwaha told me development on Rambo: The Video Game was tight, and DLC was an afterthought. Since feedback from players and reviewers suggested the game was short and without enough original storytelling from the Rambo-verse, Reef intended to address both with an expansion.

“Hence the decision for a free update/DLC to the game incorporating a new and original mini campaign focusing on a prequel to the Rambo story,” he said. There was a big problem: on consoles, the game hadn’t been engineered to accept add-ons. The developers could tweak the game with patches, but to pass things certification on PlayStation Network and other services, they would need to work on a more ambitious update.

“We were a little naïve,” said Marwaha. 

Rambo: The Video Game was the first release by Reef, an outfit that seems to specialize in video games based on existing licenses.

“Given that this was our first time releasing a game update together with the dev team, this was a very time consuming process with [a] high learning curve,” said Marwaha. “Especially since we had to do this while also working on our other project, [so] it became a very stop start process.”

The company’s website teases a video game based on Terminator that hasn’t been discussed since it was first announced in August 2013. Reef told me it’s still in development, alongside another project.

This “stop start process” stretched the DLC’s development cycle into the length of time it takes to a build brand-new game. The Steam version was done a while ago, apparently, and the console versions took more time. In fact, there’s no timetable for the Xbox 360 version to get the update, as Reef has “further work to do on the DLC to meet Xbox Live guidelines.”

“We decided we could not wait any longer to release the other two versions,” said Marwaha. “ [...] There was nothing for us to lose by releasing the DLC, we didn’t see any reason to hold back.”

http://kotaku.com/why-it-took-two-years-to-finish-dlc-for-a-rambo-game-no-1771906107

Even though this game was a joke, reading that just made me feel bad for the company since Rambo was their 1st game. I hope their next project (Terminator or not) won't be as rushed - or "tight" as they define it - as their Rambo game, we already have a bad Terminator game.  :D

• Like 1

If anyone cares- Kotaku made a post about this fiasco, one of the developers talks about what happened and they say they are developing a new Terminator game. I'll just quote here the important parts of the article.

http://kotaku.com/why-it-took-two-years-to-finish-dlc-for-a-rambo-game-no-1771906107

Even though this game was a joke, reading that just made me feel bad for the company since Rambo was their 1st game. I hope their next project (Terminator or not) won't be as rushed - or "tight" as they define it - as their Rambo game, we already have a bad Terminator game.  :D

Terminator Salvation is a much much better game than Rambo: The Videogame. So if they can make a better game than Terminator Salvation... perhaps there is a future for them as a game studio after all. 

i do not see how the rambo looks horrible..... looks like on the rails shooter with a plat difficulty of a 6/10.

and they discounted it for this week 

in fact i might end up getting it for completion purposes and because it is rambo.

Edited by kingdrake2

DLC is out this week, and apparently will be free.

Looks like it will be just in time for your 175th plat B)

I see the game is actually on sale in EU PSN store, and the price is right etc, BUT it seems they have fixed a glitch that made the game even nearly doable to get the platinum. =\

Is the Wrath glitch patched?

Edited by MMDE

I see the game is actually on sale in EU PSN store, and the price is right etc, BUT it seems they have fixed a glitch that made the game even nearly doable to get the platinum. =\

Is the Wrath glitch patched?

I've seen that rumoured, but as so few people are playing it, I'm not sure. The digital version is likely to be pre-patched, but retail should be playable without the patch.

I can't find a reasonably priced retail version here though. :(

I've seen that rumoured, but as so few people are playing it, I'm not sure. The digital version is likely to be pre-patched, but retail should be playable without the patch.

I can't find a reasonably priced retail version here though. :(

But you got to play through entire game with DLC installed, and that at a certain difficulty I hear... :\

• 9 months later...
55 minutes ago, GRIM-REAPERx1984 said:

does anyone know how to get the baker team missions to work I get the new difficulty and perks but not the missions or weapon challenges

Download the dlc from the store again.  Don't delete your game or data or anything just download the dlc again and it should install it again, should fix it.  

7 hours ago, Gage said:

Download the dlc from the store again.  Don't delete your game or data or anything just download the dlc again and it should install it again, should fix it.  

iv tried doing that over a dozen times sense the dlc came out  and still only get the new difficulty and perks no baker team missions or new weapon challenges do i have to beat  the game on john Rambo to unlock the baker team missions?

11 minutes ago, GRIM-REAPERx1984 said:

iv tried doing that over a dozen times sense the dlc came out  and still only get the new difficulty and perks no baker team missions or new weapon challenges do i have to beat  the game on john Rambo to unlock the baker team missions?

I'm not sure if I'm giving stupid advice but I don't know anything else to help you:

There are two downloable items in the DLC pack (Physical & Digital). Make sure you download the suitable one.

1 minute ago, charlijaen said:

I'm not sure if I'm giving stupid advice but I don't know anything else to help you:

There are two downloable items in the DLC pack (Physical & Digital). Make sure you download the suitable one.

i only see the one for digital copy and i have disc copy of game so not sure how it helped if i cant get the right dlc

20 minutes ago, GRIM-REAPERx1984 said:

i only see the one for digital copy and i have disc copy of game so not sure how it helped if i cant get the right dlc

At least in EU region, RAMBO DLC has two files (one for physical game and another for digital version)

Double check your download list instead of searching the game in PS Store.

Edited by charlijaen

6 hours ago, charlijaen said:

At least in EU region, RAMBO DLC has two files (one for physical game and another for digital version)

Double check your download list instead of searching the game in PS Store.

um I'm in the us region so I'm thinking u cant help me but thanks for trying lmao

Edited by GRIM-REAPERx1984

• 1 year later...

Hey

Yes its very nice to have them free as well ?

But I have been going through a hard time trying to find those dlc in PlayStation store from my console  I knew sounds complicated but anyway I got them 

And I want to share this method with you guys so if anyone having the same promblem this is the solution 

First you have to  go PlayStation.com

And sign in  using your mobile or PC then go to the store and see if you are signed in or not if not just try it over again until it signed you in and save the information for the account if it's signed in perfect

Now we move to the next step

Go in google or any search web then 

Paste this 

Rambo The Video Game - Baker Team PlayStation store 

Or you search on it in the same PlayStation store the game rigon is 

If find it that's perfect now the important thing 

You will see two icon 

Add to cart or basket 

Add to Wich list 

Just choose the both of them then go to top right you will see person icon and this is your account have a look if it's there then ok 

Now final step go a head to your console PS3  and sign in to your account as usual then go to PlayStation store and then you should see the dlc on cart just confirmed the purchase and remember it's free so no worries ?

And that's it hopefully I have explained good 

Edited by DEYBAJ