RIP Satoru Iwata

hyappatuhyakuchu

*listens to Smiles & Tears*

Now the puppet skits at E3 make sense. They didn't want to show how sick he really was. :(

And thinking about the hate with Metroid Prime Federation Force and him apologizing about it makes this news even more sad.... T___T

I won't be able to play Nintendo games the way I used too! QAQ

Rest in Peace Mr. Iwata, you will be missed~!

Absolutely TERRIBLE news! :( The gaming industry has lost a GIANT of a man in terms of the achievements he accomplished, a genius who really understood what made Gamers tick. Just when Nintendo has recorded a profit for the first time in a looong time!  :(  The world will be a lot less emptier without him...

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

May your hereafter be filled with lots of coins, shells and banana's..

• Like 1

This really came out of the blue when I heard about it yesterday, really shocking to hear as I hadn't even known he was going through some major health issues.

Regardless of what anyone thought of the direction of modern day Nintendo, Iwata brought a lot of neat ideas to the table, seemed like he had an overall cheerful personality, and had a genuine love for games (being a developer at one point himself).

To be just 55 and pass away like that is really sad to hear. It's also sad when you think that this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDPSezEkcY

would be his last appearance in anything Nintendo related that anybody will be able to see again, but regardless it's still pretty much a showcase of the man's enthusiasm.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Iwata

2015 is truly the blackest year so far. Too many people I cared for have passed away.

And this loss is the hardest of them all.

tumblr_inline_nrej3mrNpR1ro3tbw_500.gif

Now excuse me, I need to go and cry with Luigi in the corner right now.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by NetEntity

Very untimely... I think even my favorite Nintendo hero - Link - now is totally downgraded... Just like me - and I'm sitting at my computer right after I went on my PlayStation 3. Right of me even lies a Nintendo 3DS...

You will never be forgetten, Satoru Iwata! May the Crimson Loftwing guide your soul to eternal rest...

aApwq19_700b.jpg

(Image found via 9gag.com!)

• Like 1