Games you bought because of trophies

blazeadeel

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta. 99 cents on sale, for 1 bronze trophy, 4 silver trophies and 2 gold trophies. The game is ridiculously bad and one of the worst things to ever happen to the PS3, but I laughed my ass off for less than a euro and got some trophies in return.

• 1 month later...

Taco Master for 1-2 bucks because it looks like an easy platinum and also I was in need of some small games to fill up $100 purchase for $15 cash back.

Now I highly doubt I will ever play it so technically I bought the game because of trophies but I probably will not earn the trophies (unless I finish my backlog which also keeps piling up every sale)

Edited by PliskinCobra

I've brought a couple of games I own on other systems for one of my Playstations just so I could earn trophies on that version of the game, Skyrim for example (ran horribly on the PS3 compared to PC and Xbox). I only do that with games I enjoy enough to play again though. Other than that though, I can't say I've ever picked up a game with the intention of just getting the trophies. I don't purchase games I have no interest in just because there's an easy platinum or something, I play games for enjoyment, so I can't be bothered playing a game I don't enjoy, even if the trophies are easy, I'll usually end up just dropping a game if it's feeling more like a chore than a piece of entertainment.