Games you bought because of trophies

blazeadeel

I bought TWD season 1 and 2 on my PS4 even though I had them on PS3. I haven't played any of them yet xD aside ep 1 of Season 1. It wasn't til a little after I bought Season 1 and 2 on PS4 (@ £8 a pop) that I found out 2 doesn't actually have a plat, which I found reaaally odd. I bought CSI on sale for £3 coz I heard it was an easy plat. Most recently Sound Shapes, which I'd been told was an easy plat. It was, but also wasn't... damn death modes. I did it on my Vita and as luck... would have it >.> I thought I'd cloud synced for my PS3, but I hadn't, and deleted it from my Vita, so by by save file. So I had to redo it on the 3... but I synced it for the 4 at least.

I buy whatever game I fancy, and since the advent of the PlayStation 4 and really cheap PlayStation 3 games that is a lot, because I've turned into a collector more than a player now.  I buy games fully aware that I will never play them, even though in the ideal world full of time I would love too.  They've become my figurative ornaments on the mantelpiece.

Games that have harder trophies bear a little more attraction for me at the moment, if I'm stuck between two games that I want to move on next generally the lower completion percentage one will win over.

Regarding buying games for trophies, I've never done that. Trophies are the cherry on top for me, the extra layer of icing on the game completion cake.  When looking for a cake to eat, you primarily check whether it is a jam or sponge cake - not whether it has a cinnamon dusting.

Same be true for games - content first, bells and whistles after.

Edited by LastPisTolman
  • Like 1

I played a demo for some CSI game and it automatically put the trophies on my system so I ended up buying it used really cheap and getting the 100%. It sucked. Also for some people getting trophies is fun so playing for fun = getting trophies, just sayin.

I don't think any of my games are on my list because of this reason.

I'd say that I bought Sounds Shapes because of this reason, but at the time I wasn't a serious trophy hunter.

I have all three versions of TWD S1 and TWAU for the PS3 and PS4, but I got one of the TWD games from some random I was playing with on KZ Mercenary and one of both from the Telltale sale about three months back.  (TWD S1 and 2, TWAU, GoT, TftBL all for 40 bucks)

lol I dunno.  I'll go multi plats if I have access to the game and actually like them I guess.

Recently, I'd say all of them. Or at least trophies were a deciding factor.

For the past few years I've been buying games faster than I could play them. So now I've cut back and if I see a game that's interesting I check out if the trophies are fun, any glitched or too much online/grinding. I got enuff games to last me at least 5 years if I didn't buy any more from this point, so it kind of works out for me. :)

Edited by DizzyDavidson

I would love to delete Aabs Animals from my trophy list as I now find it embarrassing. Bought it purely for the trophies.

I dont see a problem with Aabs Animals... It was just 5 bucks, its a donation to animal-thingies and you even get trophies for it. xD

With the purchase of Aabs Animals we will also donate some of our sales to the public animal rescue organizations listed below.

Japan Animal Welfare Society

Fukushima Animal Welfare

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

I never really bought games because of trophies... I bought FIFA 15 because I love football, and then I saw that it had easy trophies, then I platted it. 

I usually borrow/get games from my cousins.

Edited by ee28max

I bought Steins;Gate, Assassin's Creed 2, Tales from the Borderlands and Telltale's Game of Thrones purely because of easy Platinums :D

I bought some games like Splinter Cell, Final Fantasy X and Medal of Honor: Frontline HD to play them again and saw how easy the platinum trophies were :D

I'm actually the opposite I buy a game that I'll like and fun to play( fun being has a good challenge and not too easy). Also I'm not gonna lie I was very close to buying games just for easy plat I then I thought to myself that was ridiculous because the point of a platnium trophy is to obtain all of the other trophies which should be the challenge and not about having platinum trophy itself if that makes sense. :P

Sound SHAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Anyway... can I just say all western games on my profile? :awesome:

Pretty much Teltalles (even though I did end up liking some of them)

Quantic Dreams (though, it may be because I was interested in Beyond Two Souls and... I do wonder if they can be considered easy with all the missables xD)

Wales Entertainment (Master Reboot, Infinity Runner, again, ended up liking them xD)

And obviously Hitman Go, but... we all did that :awesome:

I was considering it anyway, but what made me get Trackmania Turbo was one of the developers coming here and discussing the game and trophies with us. They also chose not to add multiplayer trophies, thinking ahead to people playing it years from now and having to deal with empty lobbies. So I wanted to support them and the game for actually thinking about stuff like that, which only really affects a small portion of their audience.

Also Shutshimi. I got it free on PS Plus, but I only decided to play it because the Tsundere Shark trophy reference

Not sure if either of those count for this thread so I was put off Action Henk because of that trophy that requires a top 1% leaderboard score. That would've been enough by itself but loads of people were given the game in advance. So from the start you would've needed some pretty high scores, and it's just getting harder as time goes on. So screw that