Games you bought because of trophies

blazeadeel

Its almost a confession tread 

Its simple list the games you bought that didnt interest you very much but you bought them because of easy platinums 

Or games games you were interested in but difficult trophies put you iff

EDIT : by "didnt interest you very much" I mean games you were on edge and the trophies swayed you :P

Games I bought for easy platinums 

GTA V on PS4 because I had platinumed it on PS3 easy (Still gotta platinum on PS4)

NFS Rivals

SOCOM 4

Assassin Creed 2 ( played it on XBOX but I bought it again on PS3 and then a trophy glitched on me never went back to replay)

NFS MW PSV

WWE All Stars

Games I held off because of difficult trophies or obtaining them was too much hassle

Sniper Elite 3

Alien Isolation

Dark Souls

DmC4

These are the games I was interested in they were not on my must buy list . Games on my must buy list I purchase no matter the trophies

Edited by blazeadeel
  • Like 2

I just play the games that interest me without worrying if the trophy list is difficult, although I don't tend to enjoy playing or play many masochistic like difficulty level games so platinums are usually achievable in 95% of the games I buy. 

Edit: Having said that .... multiplayer trophies do put me off games a little, but I have a sulk and then get them out of the way as quickly as possible :)

Edited by DJROE95
  • Like 2

The worst I've ever done is rent Minecraft from redbox to platinum it. I find platinuming games to be a bonus to playing fun games. However i have found myself hiding games that i know i can't platinum. (like star ocean)

Edited by deepwater324

Some games free of ps plus I have got to play just for the platinum (ether one haven't started it yet) But staying away from games with hard trophies, not really sometimes I find myself staying off hard games Jak II looking at you but no im not that bad with getting the plat. Which is probably why I only have 3 lol

Edited by firepork08

I went through a trophy whore stage when I almost got 2,000 trophies in 1 year, ended at 1,994 I was so close.

Cheap games at gamestop and blockbuster supported this

The only downfall is my completion ratio dropped by lots and lots but I did get to experience many games in one year :)

Can't name them all my adventure started in 2011 and ended on 2012

Truth be told I didn't buy games because of trophies (not coming across harsh or anything). I don't worry about that as I play to enjoy the game 1st, then go after trophies. I will admit that thanks to that 99 cent sale from a while ago, I picked up about 4 games that the trophy list wasn't that difficult, but I didn't know until after I bought them and took a look at their respective lists. So, that's just me! lol :P

• Like 2

I've never purchased a game because it had an easy list. I usually base all my purchases on whether it looks fun or not. That being said, I've bought several games because they've got really hard trophy lists. Games I probably wouldn't have bought except I like a challenge.

Child of Eden

Max Payne 3

Metal Gear Rising

Stealth Inc.

Malicious.

Occasionally I'll start some random game from ps+ because it looks fast and/or easy and I always regret it.

Edited by Hemiak

.detuned and Linger in Shadows are the only 2 games I bought solely for trophies. I've played other games just for the trophies, but I got those free from PS+ or elsewhere.

I guess you could also say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Planet 51, because I rented them back when they were relevant (I love Harry Potter, I really do, and Planet 51 was a decent film and I couldn't see anything else worth renting) and before I was a trophy hunter. This meant I didn't actually finish them. Despite them being pretty bad games, I bought them (4 years afterwards) just to finish them and get my completion up.

MiNi NiNJAS and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince were 2 other games I rented, but they were actually good so I was more than happy to buy them back eventually :P

Also, every DLC I've bought has been for the trophies. I'd never buy a DLC, regardless of whether I liked the game or not, if it didn't have trophies.

I must confess I have not bought any game just to earn trophies, but Game of thrones has got very easy trophies.

All the games I play will be ones I really want to play.

I know of some games that would be fast and easy for trophies, aabs animals, welcome park, paint park etc etc, but its not for me.

No problem with anyone doing what they want, like multiple trophies on same game in different format... its up to them, not me :)

• Like 1