Platinum Rituals

TigressLion

I always play lied down in my bedroo, as dark as I can make it be. Seeing only the bright screen in front of me helps me to focus.

Unless I'm grinding, then lights, muted tv and some high music on cellphone. The less attention I pay to it, less bored I grow.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I always play lied down in my bedroo, as dark as I can make it be. Seeing only the bright screen in front of me helps me to focus.

Unless I'm grinding, then lights, muted tv and some high music on cellphone. The less attention I pay to it, less bored I grow.

I can always rely on Yuri to deliver da sexy.

• Like 1

Hopefully a trophy hunting optometrist doesn't read this thread.

For some reason I started recording them popping on my iPhone and since then I've always had my phone at the ready :D

Occansionaly I sit and watch them all back to back and it brings back memories of the games!

And then of course there's the obligatory happy dance and then feeling of emptiness that for some reason follows after playing a really really good game. (Perhaps it's because I know I've done everything it has to offer and I'll never be able to experience it for the first time again)

• Like 1

For some reason I started recording them popping on my iPhone and since then I've always had my phone at the ready :D

Occansionaly I sit and watch them all back to back and it brings back memories of the games!

And then of course there's the obligatory happy dance and then feeling of emptiness that for some reason follows after playing a really really good game. (Perhaps it's because I know I've done everything it has to offer and I'll never be able to experience it for the first time again)

Wow, well taht post made me feel a broad range of emotions.

I get what you mean though, there is something about how fun something is the first time you experience it.

Wow, well taht post made me feel a broad range of emotions.

I get what you mean though, there is something about how fun something is the first time you experience it.

Ha ha, I went nerdy, reminiscent, dancey and then sad, I'm pretty sure I'm a modern day Shakespeare :P

The first times always special isn't it Buu ;)

• Like 2

I swear there was a thread for this somewhere...I remember someone talking about sacrificing things...

I usually do just 2 things.

1) I make sure I know which game I want to play next as I can just jump into it instead of feeling like I no longer have anything to do. 

2) Pray like a mofo that the power doesn't go out before it pops. The office in my complex installed a new smoke detector and for some stupid ass reason the power in my apartment will randomly blink out. ESPECIALLY when a switch is flipped. Thankfully we've found which switches cause the most power blinks and I've labeled them a forbidden object to all. 

Right as my platinum is about to pop I turn the volume up loud to hear it pop, honestly don't know why I do this since the ding is the same for all trophies xD After the plat pops I do my plat dance which is the Crash Bandicoot victory dance because that is the greatest victory dance of all time doods

This is how I dance at the club. It's a good dance!

• Like 1

Since a watched some dude on Youtube celebrating something in Fifa using Still Speeding of Sway, I Sync it so when the Plat pops the part when the chick starts screaming sounds along with the Plat popping and I just rise my hand as a gesture of victory and glory, its kinda silly, stupid and I make sure that no one ever catches me while I'm doing it,  but I like it.

• Like 1

Do you have some sort of ritual or thing you have to do before obtaining every platinum?

Mine is, every games has a misc. trophy. Whether it's view a certain scene, wear matching armor, visit 100 locations, etc.

I always leave the easiest misc trophy for last, My wife knows i love gaming so to make her included and be special in my hunting I always let her nab the final trophy. My wife obtains all my plats.

Does anyone have little rituals they do or routines?

Cool story brah. I always try to get the hardest trophy before the plat if it is possible. Also another ritual I have for most games with DLC that I know I will buy and complete (NOT Uncharted or the like) is that I always complete the DLC before hand to make sure the Plat is my final trophy  :pimp:

• Like 1

Just Pop the plat, Text my girlfriend about my success and remind her she's AS IMPORTANT to me as gaming is  xD  :P  :facepalm:  then just relax and pop a soda. In extreme cases such as glitched trophies popping I SCREAM "FUCK YOU (INSERT NAME OF COMPANY HERE)" :blink: . Shit I just realised how stupid that sounds -_- .

And immediately update PSNP Lol. Can't wait to see my new rank :wave:  :D .

Right as my platinum is about to pop I turn the volume up loud to hear it pop, honestly don't know why I do this since the ding is the same for all trophies xD After the plat pops I do my plat dance which is the Crash Bandicoot victory dance because that is the greatest victory dance of all time doods

If you actually do that after each platinum, then that's totally awesome, dood  :lol: