National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Garrett’s suspension was upheld. Good

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001079159/article/nfl-upholds-garretts-indefinite-suspension-pounceys-reduced

Pouncey’s was reduced to two games. 

Also, Myles said that Rudolph used a racial slur against him. Funny, he said that Rudolph didn't say anything like that right after the game. Mason denies it and the NFL said there's zero evidence, so sounds like he was making it up and playing the race card to justify what he did and get off lighter. Well, even if it was true, doesn't justify him acting like a thug.

Also, the NFL has so many mics and shit...if he had said it, they would've caught it. I call BS.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

I'm curious.  At the end of the Colts/Texans game why wasn't Watson's fumble (which was never even called a fumble?) looked at?  Is there some kind of obscure rule that prevented a review, especially when there was a time out taken before the next play started, or was that just a goof on everyone's part?  I have absolutely no horse in that race, and who knows if Indy could have put together a game tying/winning drive in 50 seconds, but it seemed like they got shafted.

Saints just got hit by a PI overturned on review to give the Panthers 1st and goal.

PI is such a subjective call and should not be able to be reviewed but it it what Saint fans overwhelmingly whined for and so they got.  There is a certain karma to that.

• Like 1

Can we just give the Bengals the 1st pick after they drop to 0-11 with 19-10 loss against Steelers who benched Rudolph in 3rd qtr 

Redskins get win 2 defeating the Lions giving Dwayne Haskins his first NFL win 

Saints win a close thought game over Panthers 34-31 on game winning fg, but Joey Slye for Panthers was costly with 3 missed kicks 

4 minutes ago, Conker said:

Saints win a close thought game over Panthers 34-31 on game winning fg, but Joey Slye for Panthers was costly with 3 missed kicks 

I don't think I've seen this many missed kicks before. Certainly haven't heard anyone watching the sport longer than me say so either...yet at least lol.

12 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I don't think I've seen this many missed kicks before. Certainly haven't heard anyone watching the sport longer than me say so either...yet at least lol.

Didn’t a Bears kicker miss 5 kicks recently? Someone did.

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Funny how the Dallas kicker missed his attempt just as you posted this.

Field goal percentage has steadily increased over the years, and for the last five years field goal percentage has been around 85%. This year it is holding at about 85%.

I don't have stats for this........but it does seem that when the game is on the line, that percentage goes down dramatically. It seems every week someone is missing a game winning or game tying FG at the end of a game.

Just now, PsychicVibe said:

Funny how the Dallas kicker missed his attempt just as you posted this.

Field goal percentage has steadily increased over the years, and for the last five years field goal percentage has been around 85%. This year it is holding at about 85%.

I don't have stats for this........but it does seem that when the game is on the line, that percentage goes down dramatically. It seems every week someone is missing a game winning or game tying FG at the end of a game.

It's weird it just seems like this year there are so many more missed kicks than I can remember. Since I can't watch every game maybe it's just the ones I'm seeing lol. (or paying attention to while gaming.)

More “interesting” officiating in the Patriots game.  A suspect tripping call takes away Dallas’ 4th down conversion on way to a possible win.  2nd one called in the game, both egregious and drive killers.  Only in Foxboro.

Just another day for NFL officiating.

4 hours ago, Conker said:

So who saw the Jets destroying th Raiders 34-3 

Not me.  I thought the Jets had a real chance to win based on several factors -- West Coast team playing 1 PM EST, "trap game" for Oakland with KC coming up next week, Jets playing better -- but that was an old-fashioned ass-whipping today.

4 hours ago, Conker said:

Can we just give the Bengals the 1st pick after they drop to 0-11 with 19-10 loss against Steelers who benched Rudolph in 3rd qtr 

The Bengals host the Jets next week.... and I'm very concerned about that as a Jets fan.  Because I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if the Jets started buying into their recent hype and crapped the bed against a bad team.  If Cincy had pulled off an upset against Pittsburgh this week, I'd be a lot less worried.  But the Bengals are due for a win at some point and I fear the Jets are the "lucky" victims in waiting.

As for Saints-Panthers?  My local CBS affiliate gave me the end of that game once Jets-Raiders went final.  I still had the game on for background noise while I was folding laundry, so I didn't shut it off until the two-minute warning.

Somehow, I wasn't surprised that New Orleans won the game.  Though I suppose I was mildly surprised that Carolina didn't score there because you expect compentent (and even semi-competent) teams to get something out of that field position.  Especially after the gift Pass Interference call against New Orleans on replay.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

More “interesting” officiating in the Patriots game.  A suspect tripping call takes away Dallas’ 4th down conversion on way to a possible win.  2nd one called in the game, both egregious and drive killers.  Only in Foxboro.

Just another day for NFL officiating.

Plenty of that in Jets-Raiders, too.  The Jets had a TD taken away when they called Offensive Pass Interference on the post-score review.  They got a gift TD on the next drive because a phantom Roughing the Passer call wiped out a sack that would have made it 3rd-and-goal from the 20.  And John Gruden was throwing red flags in desperation by the third quarter.

I like Clete Blakeman, but I shouldn't see and hear him so much during a game.  I like Gene Steratore, but he shouldn't seem to have almost as much speaking time as Trent Green and Greg Gumbel.  (Okay, that last one was a BIT of an exaggerations, but still....)

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'm not saying the Seattle/Philly game was great... but this is what got flexed into its place?  Good call 1f44d.png

I thought it was a good call.

NFL thought that Philly wasn't as competitive or alluring as Green Bay.

Best game of the week was Carolina vs. New Orleans, but who would have predicted that?

IMHO two best teams in NFC are Seattle and San Francisco.

The only way to compete against SF and their incredible defensive line is to have a mobile quarterback like Kyler Murray or MVP Russell Wilson.

• Like 1