Best graphics on ps3

Hocking_1988

PS2 graphics are what's dated bro. The majority of games look the same on PS3 as they do on PS4, except not everyone has pores on their face. At least that's how I feel about it.

I particularly remember Killzone 3 graphics, but almost any AAA title should look great.

• Like 2

I got my PS3 after my PS4 so I know what you mean ... I had so many games on PS+ it seemed crazy not to own a PS3. 

But I find you quickly adjust from PS4 to PS3, at first everything looks ugly but after 30 minutes or so your eyes get used to it and as always gameplay is king so after a while if the game is good you do not worry about the graphics anymore. It is however nice to return to your PS4 after a while and have a "Holy Crap" moment all over again when you see the difference between PS4 and PS3

I was playing God of War 1 and 2 HD recently and they look pretty bad by today's standards (Though they are PS2 Ports), I then played through bioshock infinite and wow that game holds up for sure. Uncharted 2 looks great aswell

The games that look the best on PS3 are usually exclusives as they are specifically developed with the PS3 hardware in mind and optimized to run on it.  That would include The Last of Us, GT series, Uncharted series, Beyond 2 Souls, God of War series, etc... However, there are some multi-platform games that look good too, but I'd start with the exclusives first as they are, for the most part, the best gaming you can get on PS3.

Well, i haven't played any game on the PS3, but so far the best graphics i have seen were in

• Latest Naughty Dog Games (TLoU, Uncharted 2+3)
  • Latest Rockstar Games (RdR, GTA V, L.A. Noire)
  • Gran Turismo 5+6
  • God of War 3+4
  • Quantic Dream Games (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls)
  • Latest Final Fantasy Games
  • Killzone 3
  • Remember Me

All those games have graphics you can't complain about and all of them are worth playing.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Both Rage and Bioshock Infinite were gorgeous and their graphics still hold up til this day.

The main problem with Rage was the terrible connection with both aliasing and its counterpart when driving. Took too long later on and caused the environment to look extremely blurry to the point of being terrible. True. they get fixed quickly, but it gets very repetitive on some areas, especially on the way to the Dead City. Other than that, the graphics are gorgeous and the FPS are almost insane.

Ot:

Others than Rage and Bioshock Infinite:

Uncharted 2 and 3.

Gran Turismo 5

MGS4

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

Assassin's Creed 3

Crysis 2

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I too think best graphics varies with taste of artstyle.

I think the "best" graphical games that push the PS3 to the limit would be

Gran Turismo 6

The Last of Us

Uncharted 3

Tomb Raider

Grand Theft Auto V

Assassin Creeds: Black Flag.

I would say The Last Of Us and Beyond: Two Souls ... out of the games I've actually played ... were the only ones to make me feel like they were truly pushing the PS3 to it's limits.  Beyond: Two Souls in particular.  I've yet to try the PS4 re-release, but the game on the PS3 felt like they had something well beyond what the hardware could handle, then had to scale back a lot of the content (graphically) and some digital trickery to make it work.  Which is something I think a lot of developers do throughout the development cycle (build something spectacular then tweak it back to something console hardware can handle), but Beyond: Two Souls would've been particularly brilliant if they had a borderless canvas to paint on IMO.  So to speak.

I'm looking forward to Detroit: Beyond Human, if for no other reason than to see what Quantic Dream can do with the expanded hardware capabilities of the PS4.

Edited by Dreakon13