PS4 On Sale For $200 At Kmart! (NA Region)

Parker

For those who haven't purchased a PS4 yet, this is the best deal you're going to see for a long time. 

For some people the price of a new next-gen console is still a little too high. The retail price in North America for the PS4 is around the $400 mark, so it’s a nice surprise to see that retailer Kmart is offering the console for $200. Yes, that’s a two with two zeros.

Originally spotted by NeoGaf user SalvaPot, we’ve decided this is a cracking offer worth writing about. There is a catch – for the time being you may have some difficulty buying online, however, some people are having more luck by going into their local store. So, if you happen to live within a fair distance of a Kmart, and you’re in the market for a PS4, you should probably get down there ASAP.

Now, there’s another option. You could try price matching with other retailers if you’re not able to get to a Kmart store. Maybe you were banned for being drunk and naked, but that’s not our business. Often, other big stores will give you a price-match guarantee where they will match the price of a product if you can find it cheaper elsewhere, sometimes even offering gift cards as bonus extras.. Worth a shot? Probably, so check it out or pass it onto a friend if you’re not interested.

Source: TheGamesCabin

Places like Wal-Mart price match too so if you don't have a Kmart near you, you should still be in luck.

Parker

Damn KMart left Canada a long time ago :( Well good luck to everyone.

Chances are 1 guy will buy up most of them and then resell them on the side :(. I know that happened when I was still working for Playstation and Wal-Mart dropped the 320 PS3 down to 199 (to try and outsell Best Buy and EB) and a group of guys hit every single Walmart in Winnipeg and bought them all up before I could even get there with signage. The staff were so happy when I arrived telling me "look Sean, we sold completely out" and I asked back "did you sell anything else alongside those PS3?...No? Then your store made about -3000$ profit" And then what a surprise, PNP Games had a huge sale of 320G PS3 the next day.

I honestly don't know how K-Mart is still in business. For the past few years the K-Mart's around are usually dead, generally having like 1 or 2 shoppers in the store at a time doods

I'll have to see if any are still open around here to see about getting one as an early B-day gift for my little brother or see if Wal-Mart will do the price match doods.

Yeah Kmart has been phasing out their games department. The one next to my house hasn't had any for the past 6-8 months. All they have left is some old cheap games in a bargain bin type thing. Another thing, when I was researching this deal it seems to be pretty confusing. Apparently, it's not an active sale (some people say it is an older sale). You can't pull it up on their website and the only way you can view it is by using the exact URL posted below. 

http://m.kmart.com/sony-playstation-4/p-018W006374751001P

Some people have said they went to places like Wal-Mart and attempted to price match the offer. Most people were denied and Wal-Mart either said it's not a real deal, couldn't pull it up for themselves to verify, or couldn't price match because all they carry are bundles and the offer was for the base version. However, some people have said they got lucky and the employee just glanced at the ad and matched the price for them. Basically, you have to pull this ad up on your phone, show it to them, and hope they accept it without asking many questions. If they try to pull it up for themselves by going to Kmart's site, they won't be able to find it. Worth a try though if you are in the market for a PS4.

They were also selling 360 bundles for $25. http://m.kmart.com/microsoft-xbox-360-4gb-console-with-kinect-holiday/p-018W005879107001P

I'm guessing they're getting rid of their gaming department, and just want everything gone.

Sucks though as when Superstore in Canada was phasing out their gaming section they didn't reduce anything :( In fact I was in my Superstore a month or so ago and they still have like a dozen copies of Wonderbook for full price :P

I honestly don't know how K-Mart is still in business. For the past few years the K-Mart's around are usually dead, generally having like 1 or 2 shoppers in the store at a time doods

I'll have to see if any are still open around here to see about getting one as an early B-day gift for my little brother or see if Wal-Mart will do the price match doods.

Well, good luck with that dood, here in NY zero chances to find one and the only walmart I found with "1" ps4 in stock it stated they need the ad (which I find nowhere), they're not accepting the cell phone app to honor the PM.

And yes, the ad I'm talking about it would be like BB does, in pages -flier-. not just a picture of the product in your cell phone.

But at this point it's understandable, browsing the web it seems that this deal was known since Friday.

Edited by GoldenShaka

Walmart near me won't honor the price match deal.

The piece of crap I dealt with was trying to sell me some bullshit that the nearest kmart is like 20 minutes away and it's not close enough.

And that their online advertisements aren't enough for them to honor the deal they need a physical flier. (never heard this before EVER because people have used online fliers before on other deals.)

lmfao and then he said his manager probably wouldn't do it because it was a $200 difference. 

Not that it mattered apparently every walmart in this crap state doesn't sell what they called "regular" ps4's. They either have the arkham knight bundle or the one that comes with the last of us which is still $399.99. 

Swing and a miss I guess.

Gave this a try at my local Walmart and they wouldn't accept it because it was a link and weren't able to find it by searching the site. Target didn't seem to have a problem with the advertisement but KMart is not on Targets price match list.

Best Buy shut me down too.

Edited by jpm1276

Gave this a try at my local Walmart and they wouldn't accept it because it was a link and weren't able to find it by searching the site. Target didn't seem to have a problem with the advertisement but KMart is not on Targets price match list.

I printed out the link posted in OP and walmart said it needed to be a "physical" advertisement despite knowing about the deal going on. 

I called Target as well since I know someone that works there. They listed almost every store in existence but I guess Kmart was that ONE store they didn't deal with.