Roughdawg4: He speaks about trophy hunting

StrickenBiged

Hey y'all

PushSquare posted an interview with Roughdawg4 wherein he discusses trophy hunting, being #2 in the world, and how much gaming he gets done.

Worth a read.

This "trade or borrow games with each other" sounds suspicious. Hopefully that's not the naughty type of trading and borrowing games. You all know what I'm talking about. 

I'm surprised that he claims to only play 3-4 hours a day, although his night-time playing habits do seem to be supported by his stats.

And there's no mention of sharing the account - I had thought that Roughdawg4 must have been used by 3 or 4 people.

Inspiring stuff to those of us hunters who also have to juggle work and a spouse though. His wife must be quite tolerant. I need less sleep than my better-half, but she gets quite moody with me if I want to stay up and play something on an evening.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

• Like 3

Hey y'all

PushSquare posted an interview with Roughdawg4 wherein he discusses trophy hunting, being #2 in the world, and how much gaming he gets done.

Worth a read.

This "trade or borrow games with each other" sounds suspicious. Hopefully that's not the naughty type of trading and borrowing games. You all know what I'm talking about. 

I'm surprised that he claims to only play 3-4 hours a day, although his night-time playing habits do seem to be supported by his stats.

And there's no mention of sharing the account - I had thought that Roughdawg4 must have been used by 3 or 4 people.

Inspiring stuff to those of us hunters who also have to juggle work and a spouse though. His wife must be quite tolerant. I need less sleep than my better-half, but she gets quite moody with me if I want to stay up and play something on an evening.

By trade and borrow he means trade and borrow. He runs a site where they buy games like the easy visual novels. And mail them to each other

• Like 1

By trade and borrow he means trade and borrow. He runs a site where they buy games like the easy visual novels. And mail them to each other

Oh, that's good. I admit, I raised an eyebrow as it sounded suspicious, especially with the "behind the scenes" bit at the beginning of that sentence. Those things are expensive as heck here in the West, so it's understandable.

I like how the number 1 on the leaderboards is not welcome in Slys domain

About Roughdawg, no way hes earned every singly trophy himself

I do question it myself. As someone with a full time job and a family to look after I find the amount of trophies he has to be incomprehensible on your own!! Even as a team of 3 or 4 that is a heck of a lot each!!

Hey y'all

Worth a read.

I only play 3 or 4 hours a day at night too...the article said he averages 16 trophies per day, so that's very doable. I don't compare myself to Roughdawg4 in any way...he obviously is a monster at trophy hunting, and I am casual...but my gaming style as far as time of day is very similar to his, and I have noticed a significant jump in my trophy collecting from it. You'll be amazed what you can accomplish in 3 or 4 hours.

I WISH I had 3-4 hours to game every night! Not even for the trophies, I just have a huge backlog I want to get to.

That's cool he is able to weave his gaming into a life structure and balance things. I used to have an 8.5 hour workday and a 10 minute drive into work and thought I didn't have a lot of time then. Now I average 11 hour days with a 1 hour ride into work and wonder What the hell was I doing with that time?! I could have been gaming!!

I WISH I had 3-4 hours to game every night! Not even for the trophies, I just have a huge backlog I want to get to.

That's cool he is able to weave his gaming into a life structure and balance things. I used to have an 8.5 hour workday and a 10 minute drive into work and thought I didn't have a lot of time then. Now I average 11 hour days with a 1 hour ride into work and wonder What the hell was I doing with that time?! I could have been gaming!!

That 1 hour ride sounds like a great opportunity to whip out your Vita though...

Or does "ride" mean you're on a bicycle, motorbike or horse? If so, don't use your Vita - it's not worth the risk. ;)

If he's claiming on doing it alone, then he's full of shit or has some serious gaming ADD because his trophy log shows him swapping back and forth between games and earning trophies in those games within seconds of each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if he used multiple consoles at once. :dunno:

If he's claiming on doing it alone, then he's full of shit or has some serious gaming ADD because his trophy log shows him swapping back and forth between games and earning trophies in those games within seconds of each other.

I don't have the time to check thoroughly right now, but some of the obvious ones appear to be visual novels. Possibly he has 2 Vita's and is running 2 games at once?

Edit: Damn, ninja'd ^.  :ninja:

Edited by StrickenBiged

That 1 hour ride sounds like a great opportunity to whip out your Vita though...

Or does "ride" mean you're on a bicycle, motorbike or horse? If so, don't use your Vita - it's not worth the risk. ;)

Unfortunately, my "ride" really should have been "drive." The words are fairly interchangeable in my parts since public transportation is practically non-existent and I can't ride share because of my schedule.

Driving and Vita unfortunately don't mix.

I'm sure that was just an average, he probably plays more most days

He has to someone like me who plays a lot of time (admittedly I never have or will prioritise trophies), but his points would be more than triple mine, that can't be done with 3-4 hours of gaming a day.

If we're going to talk shit about somebody can we at least do a proper job? 

"I used to game a lot, but over the last year or two I've toned it down," he laughs. "I would say that on average I play approximately three to four hours a day, with most of the time being played late at night when my wife's asleep."

English is my second language, but isn't he talking about his gaming average for last two years? So lets focus our efforts on proving how's impossible to do whatever he did in last two year... wait ... for a minute I forgot that  I don't give a fuck. 

• Like 3

If we're going to talk shit about somebody can we at least do a proper job? 

"I used to game a lot, but over the last year or two I've toned it down," he laughs. "I would say that on average I play approximately three to four hours a day, with most of the time being played late at night when my wife's asleep."

English is my second language, but isn't he talking about his gaming average for last two years? So lets focus our efforts on proving how's impossible to do whatever he did in last two year... wait ... for a minute I forgot that  I don't give a fuck. 

Mon-Fri I work and I only game 1-2 hours on average those days, but most weekends I probably put in 8 hour gaming sessions each day (when I'm not busy, which varies greatly).  I too would tell people 'on average' I only game a couple hours a night, cause 5 of 7 days that's the case.  Couple that with the fact that he greatly toned down his trophy pops the last year or so, and 40k trophies in 6 years is plausible.  It's a little over 7k trophies a year, on average, and if he uses guides and plays all the easy games as well as the hard games, getting 5k trophies a year would be easy, so 7k probably isn't that much harder.  I'd really like to take the time to check out his trophy list, but I can't force myself to scan through 40k of someone elses trophies, lol.

Abotu a year ago I set a goal of earning 50k trophy score in 6 months, and I basically did it.  50k score, when a game averages 1200, is about 41 games.  That's 7 games a month, which is about 350 trophies, or 4200 trophies in a year.  The first 3 months of that time I totally slacked too.  So if I can average that, I'm sure he can do better.  Also, he siad he was a bank manager.  That means he has his own office, so he probably does a lot of 'setup' during the work day.  Probably stidues trophy guides for the best route to the plat and organizes all his game trades and what not so those 3-4 hours a night he games are pre-planned and organized, leading to maximum trophy pops in the limited time he has to game.

With all that said, 'nerd culture' here in the US, at least on the west coast, is such that it's no longer uncool to be a gamer.  Gamers are very rarely basement dwellers these days, and while some still have the neckbeards and mom's address to support this, most are hard working citizens with day jobs and wives and husbands at home, as well as family, friends, kids, pets, etc... whole lives to round them out.  I'm less surprised that this guy is married and has a job than I would be if he was still living at home and unemployed.  And speaking from experience, when I come home from work I have limited time to game, so I try to make the most of it by being efficient and not dicking around.  During the recession, when I was unemployed for a stint, I got sick of gaming cause I just had all day everyday to do it, and I actually burned out and almost stopped entirely.  It really is more of a 'reward' to come home and game when you've been in the office all day.

TL:DR  I agree with quoted post, this all makes sense to me.

• Like 2