Does this game worth 39.99$

MilanYildirim

Yes it is!

If you have tearaway on the vita you may get the same game plus a few extra's.

If you have a vita and haven't played the demo of the original I'd say check it out and if you like it buy it.

Just remind it's a very simple game to play.

No MP.

easy to plat

and no replay value if you ask me...

But it's a very creative game.

It's just a vcery fresh idea to make a game that only use paper...

The Vita version is very special. The fact that I've already played the Vita version, and that I have other games I want to play this month, are the only reasons this isn't a day 1 purchase for me.

The reason why I was going to play this game at the first place was your comment. I saw it and you were like " I had super fun while I was going to plat " or smth like that then I googled it and looked fun to me as well.

So thanks all for reply!

For me, no, it isn't worth 40$... Do not forget that it is only a "tearaway remaster", not a new game.

I enjoyed the original game, but even then, i don't think it was worth 40$. Yeah, it is a funny game and an easy plat, but come one, you finish the story in like 6-7 hours, add 3 another hours for the plat and that's it. Not replay value at all, nothing more to discover,...

I would suggest to wait a bit. This is exactly the kind of game you'll find for 15$ in 1 or 2 month.

• Like 3

It looks like something my 2 year old daughter watches on the Nick Jr channel!! Away from that though, I would say definitely not given the speed at which the price will come down anyway. Not many games are worth that kind of cash now.

and that makes this game so much fun and original from all the first person shooting power around...

• Like 1

For me, no, it isn't worth 40$... Do not forget that it is only a "tearaway remaster", not a new game.

I enjoyed the original game, but even then, i don't think it was worth 40$. Yeah, it is a funny game and an easy plat, but come one, you finish the story in like 6-7 hours, add 3 another hours for the plat and that's it. Not replay value at all, nothing more to discover,...

I would suggest to wait a bit. This is exactly the kind of game you'll find for 15$ in 1 or 2 month.

Gonna echo these words. It's a very charming and beautiful game, but for me, it wasn't worth $40 that I paid for the Vita version. Played through the whole thing, Plat'd it, loved it actually, but it just doesn't have the replay value after you finish the game and find all the collectibles. After I beat it, I couldn't really find reasons to go back to it. I'd wait for a price drop too, though it's still a good enough game that you might feel like you got your money's worth if you jumped in right now. 

I wanted to give a shot to this game but 40 bucks seem overkill. Any thoughts? Does it worth?

Maybe, the game is fully optimized for the PS4 and would be classed as a PS4 game, so I can see why Sony are charging $40. On the other hand, it's just a port and maybe $25 would better. You got to remember the Vita version was pretty cheap when it came out.  I say if this game isn't important to you right now, wait until it hits the $25 - 30 range then pick it up. 

• Like 1

I paid about 100 pln (~27 USD/23 EUR) for the Vita version and in my opinion it wasn't worth the money. Tearaway is way too easy and short. It took me only two days to platinum it and I wasn't even rushing. The game offers nothing special (though the paper world was original and nice idea).

But that's just my opinion :P

I paid about 100 pln (~27 USD/23 EUR) for the Vita version and in my opinion it wasn't worth the money.

I paid R$43 on it (about $18) and it was totally worth it. I was really considering to buy it too at full price (R$ 120 =~ $45) before the sale hit the store.

I still boot Tearaway every now and then because it's such a cute game and I loved it. LBP games made me buy a PS3 and although I didn't buy my vita for Tearaway, I'm certain that I would if I knew it beforehand.

I wanted to give a shot to this game but 40 bucks seem overkill. Any thoughts? Is it worth?

The real question is: is Tearaway your type of game? It does not matter how much it costs, all that matters is if you enjoy playing these kind of games. I looked your account and all I see are AAA games, except for Brothers that you didn't even finish. You want my oppinion? You will waste money on this title.

Adding to this, the question is really whether or not the OP wants to support the developer for putting out a remaster. This game will DEFINITELY be in the bargain bin early on, unless they specifically limit supply.

So, do you give money to the developer because you support them, or do you wait (probably just a bit) until it drops in price?

I paid R$43 on it (about $18) and it was totally worth it. I was really considering to buy it too at full price (R$ 120 =~ $45) before the sale hit the store.

I still boot Tearaway every now and then because it's such a cute game and I loved it. LBP games made me buy a PS3 and although I didn't buy my vita for Tearaway, I'm certain that I would if I knew it beforehand.

The real question is: is Tearaway your type of game? It does not matter how much it costs, all that matters is if you enjoy playing these kind of games. I looked your account and all I see are AAA games, except for Brothers that you didn't even finish. You want my oppinion? You will waste money on this title.

Ah come on! You know I played sound shapes! :D

Apart from joking, I like old school indies like Metal Slug and modern ones like resogun and velocity. The reason why I didn't finish brothers was simply game's controls. It drove me nuts  :rolleyes:

Adding to this, the question is really whether or not the OP wants to support the developer for putting out a remaster. This game will DEFINITELY be in the bargain bin early on, unless they specifically limit supply.

So, do you give money to the developer because you support them, or do you wait (probably just a bit) until it drops in price?

Meh, f**k developers who try to sell remastered games with this price. I'll wait. Maybe wait enough to get this with ps+ free  :awesome:

Edited by MilanYildirim

It looks like something my 2 year old daughter watches on the Nick Jr channel!! Away from that though, I would say definitely not given the speed at which the price will come down anyway. Not many games are worth that kind of cash now.

LMAO I wasn't sure if you were taking the piss, but damn that show really does look like it lol.

• Like 2

I played the Vita version and it was totally worth it, just because it looks childish it doesn't mean that it was made for 8 years old, in fact this kind of games like Ni No Kuni are meant to be played by teenagers and adults rather than only kids.

It isn't just a remaster or a port like some ignorant people are saying, I played the original version and I'm seeing the PS4 version and they changed a LOT of things and added new scenarios and gameplay to adapt the PS4 controller, which is very interactive and you would have more fun than playing crappy action games like COD --> which by the way they are played mostly by kids.

• Like 1