I totally regret stumbling across the Sound Shapes trophy exploit

danistheguy

To this day I still have no freaking clue why people get so upset over this. :dunno:

You mean to tell me you feel sick for cross saving this game and earning more trophies even though so many of would never second guess yourself for boosting online wins or using an invincibility glitch to beat the hardest difficulty in a different game? (not saying this is the OP, but I've met a few like this)

This, PlayStation All-Stars and Sly 4 were also some of the earliest cross-buy and cross-save games you could get your hands on. Sound Shapes and Sly 4 basically entitle you to two platinums because you did everything in the game. There's no use doing it twice unless you really have that much time to waste. I can't comprehend why people with multiple systems such as yourself complain about it either. It would make more sense if you only owned one or two systems; because those guys can't get more trophies because they don't own a PlayStation X.

Developers learned their lesson and they had shared trophy lists up by the time Guacamelee released. Haven't seen a cross save game with separate trophy lists since.

I used my PS3 cloud save on my PS4 and would happily do it again with different regions, but I wouldn't go out rebuying the same game at full price just to get the platinums. Playing the game twice to get the platinum legit is OK if you feel bad but I don't have it in me to go through Death Mode again. I wouldn't hide the game from your trophy list, just ignore it if you want to and carry on with other games.

I am disgusted by this. I once witnessed a rat eating another rat and then vomiting up that rat only to re-eat it but this...this disturbs me even more. I, I am so sickened by all of this I will now go hide the fact that I cross-platted Sly Cooper and Sound Shapes... :(

im not a big fan of sarcasm , but this comment is awesome ^^.

OT: for me it was just like getting 3 plats for beating this game. i have no problem with it because it was cross buy. if i had to buy every single version i would think about it.  But even than i understand it if someone do it ("buying plats")  .  For me after finishing vita i had 3 options:  ignoring the oder to lists-> ehm no i cant just ignore games i own. Play it again-> death mode ... again ... nononono...  Or auto pop it -> ok lets just do it.

• Like 1

Firstly, be proud you feel like you cheated. Having a conscience is never a bad thing.

Secondly, don't feel like you cheated, everyone else did, and they included it there for you to take advantage of. It's not a cheat if it's directly included by the developers, if they were against you doing this, they'd have made one trophy list across the board.

Thirdly, your trophy list is no less impressive because of this, obviously the only person who's opinion matters is yours, but at the end of the day, your trophy list is the same as it always was, just with a double on it, so what? I haven't bothered to look at your profile yet, but if you've got any notably good plats or 100%'s on there, this doesn't demean your list in anyway, at least not in my eyes.

Fourth...ly, I feel you on the regret. At the time, bumping up my trophy count seemed like a good idea, but nowadays I'd prefer to have just one list for games like this, no problem with games I've genuinely done twice on two systems, like Spider-Man, Doctor Who, several Lego games, and so on, but cross saving seems lazy to me now. I love the idea of swapping saves back and forth, I'd just prefer one single trophy list across all platforms, which is what most games do nowadays anyways.

• 1 month later...

Ha, I'm totally doing this. Should those who have done this already get to be that many more points ahead in the small amount of time? It's just leveling the playing field in my opinion.

The feature is included in the game. Therefore it's not cheating. Worst case, it's just the lazy way out.

Even if you were to replat it all 3 times, would it be worth it?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, but I'm not 100%ing that game 3 times for some trophies.

That poses a good question actually. What's worse, replatting the game 3 times solely for trophies, or cloud syncing solely for trophies?

The feature is included in the game. Therefore it's not cheating. Worst case, it's just the lazy way out.

Even if you were to replat it all 3 times, would it be worth it?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, but I'm not 100%ing that game 3 times for some trophies.

That poses a good question actually. What's worse, replatting the game 3 times solely for trophies, or cloud syncing solely for trophies?

Replatting it means you're actually earning it 3 times, instead of earning it once and being given 3 platinums. So I'd say that cloud syncing is far worse.

Replatting it means you're actually earning it 3 times, instead of earning it once and being given 3 platinums. So I'd say that cloud syncing is far worse.

Oh no, I get that. And I respect the effort required to redo something more than once, for example, I replatted the 2 Spider-Man reboot games twice each, the Doctor Who game on both Vita and PS3 when I could have cloud synced, and several others too. 

But I mean, if you're doing it strictly for trophies, is it worse that you would replat a game several times if you don't even like it that much, just for trophies, or is it worse to just get the trophies to auto pop a couple of times and be done with it?

I can look at an auto pop and move on without much thought given but say someone plats a game 3 different times and it's a god awful mess of a grindy broken terrible pile of crap game, and you know full well they only played through it that many times for the trophies, would you look on that as being worse than just autopopping? Sure, autopopping is lazy but it requires no effort, putting in time and effort on something they don't particularly enjoy is a bit of an odd one to me personally.

My original post was pretty poorly worded, hopefully this one makes more sense. 

Like someone else said, enjoy trophies the way you want to and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. It solves a lot of problems, and would fix a few things on this site if everyone did it.

Personally, I played SS once legit (Vita), then autopopped on PS3, then played Death Mode legit and autopopped everything else on PS4 - I mean, why bother with all of those beat school levels again, really?

The whole "fastest plat" thing is really my only issue with it, but it is what it is, and I can figure out what my "real" fastest plat is rather than rely on the site if I really want to.

Edited by ONUOsFan

I'd auto-pop the rest of the versions if I could... :P It would just be fun to have some more trophies. What really matters, at least to me, is the individual trophies I feel is more impressive or I have some kind of emotional connection with etc. I didn't 100% all three versions of Demon's Souls to get the trophies. I very much like the play the games, and thought it'd be cool to have all three plats, and it was fun replaying the games and getting extra trophies for it.

Ugh.

I feel gross, guys.

Here's what happened. I set out to platinum Sound Shapes on my Vita. I had one Death Mode level to go and I couldn't quite get it so I figured I'd try it on my PS4 using the Dual Shock and see if that helped. So I go about syncing the cloud-save on my Vita.

Then I switch to PS4, load the cloud-save, and to my surprise a flood of silver trophies began to pop. Ah, must be a weird glitch, I thought. Just to be sure, I went to my trophies list and sure enough a whole 2nd group of silvers appeared. This was totally unlike any other cross-buy game I've played, and I was super confused.

*TO THE INTERNET!*

Sure enough, loads of stuff about the triple platinum exploit with this game.

Well, so I did finish that Death Mode level on my PS4 and figured, well the rest of them synced already, I guess I'll just sync both platinums.

And now I feel gross. I didn't re-earn those silvers or that platinum, and I can't shake the feeling of having an illegitimate platinum on my account, much less the 40 or so silvers. All of this has boosted me to almost level 14 and about 6,000 in PSNProfiles ranks.

If I could delete these exploit trophies, I 100% would. Anyone else feel this way? The funny thing is I had no idea about it, I stumbled across it totally by accident.

Final Question: Do I just download the DLC's and get a full on double-sync 100% on both of them and say screw it and take advantage? Or do I delete this dirty, dirty game from all devices, having already exploited a 2nd plat and a host of silvers from it?

Although I disagree with it too, most games buy Cross Save games purely for that reason. I hardly duplicate games on my trophy list... if I do it's either because one or the other is on a different console or region net play so I have a choice of EU/NA I plan on completing Minecraft for both PS3 and PS4, I had them a long time ago and wouldn't have done so if the trophy list was the same, and I'll also be importing Arcana Heart 3 love max so I can play with friends from USA, but will also be getting the EU version for vita :)

I kind of wish I hadn't auto-popped Sly and Sound Shapes but for me it is too late to worry about it now. The only thing I regret is my Fastest Plat time will always be associated with one of those games and it doesn't show what my actual fastest game is :(

Tbh one of the main reasons I haven't auto-popped is because I know I'll never have another fastest plat time

You could always pop one trophy legit and then wait several months and then auto-pop. Artificially extend the plat time :)

Yeah but for Sound Shapes most of the trophies come from Beat School which if you are using a guide takes literally no skill. So is that really different than just auto-popping it? For Deathmode I agree though.

• Like 1

I kind of wish I hadn't auto-popped Sly and Sound Shapes but for me it is too late to worry about it now. The only thing I regret is my Fastest Plat time will always be associated with one of those games and it doesn't show what my actual fastest game is :(

You could always pop one trophy legit and then wait several months and then auto-pop. Artificially extend the plat time :)

I remember what my old "fastest plat time" game was, but I think I got some new ones now. In any case, such plats are usually not exactly something to brag about. ;)

As for the auto-popping. I think one can safely synch a save with all trophies unlocked, and once the trophies start popping, just turn off the console. This way you will only have unlocked a couple of trophies. Wait a full day, then start the game again, synch again to pop the rest. Pretty sure that second synch is required for SS.

• 7 months later...

Quite interesting to read this point of view... as i and many others here find it a good way to earn multiples trophies/plats :D

I have just 2 Sound Shape entries in my log, but as soon as i have a PS4 i can add 2 more :D (EU and NA)

I don't think this is shameful, because the developers made this way possible :)

Edit: i think Sound Shape is somewhat nice to the customers, because you have some power in deciding auto pop yes or no?! I was kinda surprised when i started Motorstorm RC on PS3 and got all trophies already earn on Vita without doing anything else than starting the game :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I agree with the OP on this one actually. I hate cross-save games with multiple lists, just doesn't sit right with me if I haven't actually earnt the trophies again. It artificially boosts a player's rank and only some games do it which really does seem unfair. Sony added the ability to make a shared trophy list over all platforms so why not enforce it? Surely it should be one way or the other?

That being said I am guilty of doing it once, way back with Sly 4, but I won't do it again.

Edited by dell9300