Can we get a tag marking if game servers are up or 100% is unattainable?

Superbuu3

This was already suggested before about 3 or 4 times in other shapes and forms. I will try to find the old links.

1- https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10181-unachievable-trophies/

2- https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30469-unattainable-trophies-marked-in-red/

3- https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/16091-unobtainable-trophies

Couldn't find more.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

Nice, clever suggestion. Just a simple tag to stop people from trying to start a game they'll never be able to finish. Genius!

This was already suggested before about 3 or 4 times in other shapes and forms. I will try to find the old links.

Ooooh never saw those. I'm interested to see the others!

I don't see why people can't just search if a games server is up, I mean, you're on the internet, open up a new tab, type a few words, BAM! Got yourself an answer. Instead of waiting for someone else to tell you. Although a lot of times I see people ask questions on this site and I think to myself "You're on the internet...". I'm an ass like that  :awesome:

Nevertheless, this is a nice idea, I like it. Well done sir!

• Like 2

I don't see why people can't just search if a games server is up, I mean, you're on the internet, open up a new tab, type a few words, BAM! Got yourself an answer. Instead of waiting for someone else to tell you. Although a lot of times I see people ask questions on this site and I think to myself "You're on the internet...". I'm an ass like that  :awesome:

Honestly, I feel like that almost everytime I see that kind of thread being made. I wonder why people just don't google it, it will be extremely faster than simply making a thread about it, waiting for people to google for them and then getting the answer.

• Like 1

1- https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10181-unachievable-trophies/

2- https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30469-unattainable-trophies-marked-in-red/

3- https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/16091-unobtainable-trophies

Couldn't find more.

Servers are not mentioned there. Some games are offline only for trophies but i'd still want to know about the online component especially with gamespy

Lets not forget some people can't beat games locally in splitscreen for various reasons.

Nevertheless, this is a nice idea, I like it. Well done sir!

But you know that most of the time you google something like this you find the answer in a Forum.  And thats only possible because someone asked a question in a Forum.   .... just saying .....

• Like 3

Servers are not mentioned there. Some games are offline only for trophies but i'd still want to know about the online component especially with gamespy

Lets not forget some people can't beat games locally in splitscreen for various reasons.

Why would a trophy be unnobtainable if not for a server closure?

I mean, except for trophies that were never possible in the first place, but that would be a 0.00% trophy and it would be quite obvious that is unnobtainable.

For servers being up or not, this is not the site for this. For that, there is downdetector.com and the others and there is also google. A quick search can do wonders.

If people can't beat a certain game in split screen, that doesn't make the trophy unnobtainable, so no mark should be given. It's like saying that I can't beat Sports Champion because I don't have a Move controller too.

Edited by TheYuriG

Why would a trophy be unnobtainable if not for a server closure?

I mean, except for trophies that were never possible in the first place, but that would be a 0.00% trophy and it would be quite obvious that is unnobtainable.

For servers being up or not, this is not the site for this. For that, there is downdetector.com and the others and there is also google. A quick search can do wonders.

If people can't beat a certain game in split screen, that doesn't make the trophy unnobtainable, so no mark should be given. It's like saying that I can't beat Sports Champion because I don't have a Move controller too.

National Geographic has an unobtainable trophy on the EU version. Ridge Racer Unbounded was impossible on the US version, there are other games like that.

I want to know server status even if I don't need online for a trophy. Its still useful information. I can get the plat offline on some games, but they are considerably more fun online.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

Buu, in most cases, people start these threads because of unobtainable online trophies, that's what Yuri probably meant.

I get that.

My point is server status isn't just trophy orientated. There's no topic asking for server status and thats not all cases either I pointed out exceptions and other reason to know server status.

Its easy to dismiss this as the same, just because one issue has been covered already. Even if the unobtainable tag was added i'd still want the server tag.

Edited by Superbuu3

National Geographic has an unobtainable trophy on the EU version. Ridge Racer Unbounded was impossible on the US version, there are other games like that.

I want to know server status even if I don't need online for a trophy. Its still useful information. I can get the plat offline on some games, but they are considerably more fun online.

As I said, you mentioned games with trophies that are unnobtainable from the start. There is a workaround that, all you need is to buy the other version of the game and you are good. Tom Clancy Endwar also has an issue like that with digital vs. physical.

Once again, for servers functionality, there are other sites. Putting that info here would just clutter useless information that is not the focus of the site, as far as I know. There is also google which can give you the answer if you put 5 seconds of your time into it. Trophy wise or not, the first thing people should ALWAYS do before buying a game is doing research about all that kind of stuff. From all the physical games I bought on my life, only one of them I was warned that the servers were offline.

Please don't take any of this personally, but I really think that as a whole, people MUST know what they are getting into before buying any product. That is one of the biggest reasons why I don't support pre-ordering.

Yup, this has been recommended before - I'd like to see it as well. All Sly would really have to do is make a basic system and staff like me can go in and check off the unobtainable trophies and add descriptions to them, etc... with the help of the forums telling us what isn't obtainable.

Yup, this has been recommended before - I'd like to see it as well. All Sly would really have to do is make a basic system and staff like me can go in and check off the unobtainable trophies and add descriptions to them, etc... with the help of the forums telling us what isn't obtainable.

The forums are way ahead of you :P

Those threads are useful and all, but I'm only one person, and formatting a thread of 100+ games with links, pictures, spoiler tags and the works is a bitch, I still haven't finished the PS3 list to this day (Though I'm trying to chip away at it every week!). It would be so much easier if someone was put in charge of monitoring unobtainable trophies and server closures (Like Mango and trophy headers), simply ticking boxes and typing a short reason as to why the trophies are unobtainable. 

• Like 1