What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

So I wouldn't be able to play Pier Solar on my original model? :o

I don't know about that.  From what I've read, MIL CDs are definitely not supported in the Dreamcast 2 revision (I think this is anything after like October 2000), and may be fine to play on Revision 1s.  I actually have a Revision 1, so I can test it as soon as I get my copy of Pier Solar if you want.  If this is true though, and MIL CDs do play on Revision 1s, the only reason to have a dev kit Dreamcast is the new bootup screen (which honestly I like the original better, but I've also had a Dreamcast since 2010), and the region free part..which that's good enough for me, just for Japanese Resident Evil games and Shenmue II.

Do you know if you have a Revision 1 or Revision 2? If you check on the bottom of your Dreamcast, it should have a 1 or 2, and the manufacturing date.  Revision 1s should be anything before October 2000, and should have a 1 printed next to it.

Edited by Lilith

So I wouldn't be able to play Pier Solar on my original model? :o

After doing some more research, Revision 1s (ones before Oct 2000) can play MIL CDs as well as burned games.  I knew they could play burned games, and not ones after Oct 2000, but I didn't know they could play MIL CDs.  I had a feeling they could after I thought about how it'd have to be impossible for everyone who plays aftermarket DC games to either have a dev kit Dreamcast or a BIOs flash.  So now the question is, do you have a Revision 1 or not? Flip over your system, it should say when it was made there, and even have a number circled.  That's the number you want for the revision.

Do you know if you have a Revision 1 or Revision 2? If you check on the bottom of your Dreamcast, it should have a 1 or 2, and the manufacturing date.  Revision 1s should be anything before October 2000, and should have a 1 printed next to it.

I looked and couldn't find my Dreamcast. I'll try again another day.

EDIT: Found it. I didn't see a 1 or a 2, but it said it was manufactured in September of 1999. I didn't see any other dates.

Edited by Deth

Went to the swap meet to hunt down the power chord and a few games for my old Dreamcast, as I'm passing it on to my little nephews. :D Found the chord, picked up both Crazy Taxis, Jet Set Radio, and Frogger 2. Waaay cheaper than online, the discs are in good condition. xD They are still too young to appreciate Shenmue. -_-

XCOM : Enemy Unknown (not sure what happened to my old copy.)

Bunch of basketball shorts cause it's been hot.

Edited by -Dark Mark-