Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

I know. Im counting on Zadorvp being cool like i said in that post  ;)

I think it would be better suited in the Borderlands PP and to be fair this rule was broken  :P

"If you use a franchise you'll have to use the whole franchise and every game has to meet the condition of your Mixed PP Thread. (So, no plucking single games from other franchises to include them in yours)"

Reading is hard xD

Well I guess that is the best option, because I think it will be a long time before Borderlands 4 (or 5) comes out.

• Like 1

Imo all Telltales should be together... if we remove TFTB, others could start stealing Minecraft or GoT. xD

Not really. The reason it's OK to take away Borderlands is because it has a stronger connection with the Borderlands series than just being part of a Telltale collection. Minecraft and GoT both only have one other game to their names (the three versions of Minecraft essentially being the same game), so they can't go into a series PP, and other mixed bag PPs are generally not going to have as strong a connection with either game as the C&C PP has.

• Like 1

Sure you can have it, just let me know when the Experience Inc PP is ready.

So i just have posted the Experience Inc PP and i'm sorry if it looks a bit bare bones atm but banner and other things will hopefully added soon aswell as better names for each rank if anyone got suggestions please do tell me.

Edited by Tosmasta00

I think it would be better suited in the Borderlands PP and to be fair this rule was broken  :P

"If you use a franchise you'll have to use the whole franchise and every game has to meet the condition of your Mixed PP Thread. (So, no plucking single games from other franchises to include them in yours)"

Ehh, it's a difficult case. Not breaking the rules per se. Personally i think it'd be easier if it just stays as is, however you can sort it out between you and Zadorvp. 

Had to lookup what i said about this specific game as it has been brought up before,

That is actually a rule that is in place. You can't pluck games from other franchises....

That being said, Tales from the Borderlands is a special case as it isn't part of the Borderlands franchise per se. For one it's made by Telltale, who are known to make games based off popular franchises. Second, the game has a totally different play style in comparison to the main games. And third, Tales from the Borderlands isn't the only game where this applies. Nobody ever thought about calling The Walking dead (made by Activision?) and TWD S1&S2 (made by Telltale) a franchise, just because they share the same name. Same can be said about Game of Thrones. 

When that recently announced Batman game comes out, i'm pretty sure it'll go in the choice & consequence PP instead of the Batman Arkham PP.

Honestly, i understand where you're coming from. But ultimately i think putting Tales from the borderlands into the C&P PP instead of in a possible Borderlands PP is the better option.

Just checked the leaderboards to see how I was doing and for some reason I'm at the bottom with no 'score' assigned to my name. Does anyone know why that is?

Fixed.

I've read everything, will update the OP tomorrow. 

Ok.... so I lied I'm not going to wait till my backlog is done, just want to get this out there. So I had an idea to do a PP for movies, just just the genre of movies, but ones that have the exact movie name, so no based off games, ex. Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight. Yes it has Frozen in it, but that's not a movie title, if it was just Frozen then it would be included. My only issue I see would be the Transformers ones, cause two are movie titles, so let me know. With that said here is my list:

Battleship

Cars 2

Clash Of The Titans

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

G-Force

Happy Feet Two

Ice Age 3

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole

Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension

Planet 51: The Game

Quantum of Solace

Rango

Rio

SAW

SAW II

Star Trek

The Godfather II

The Smurfs 2

Toy Story 3

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

Up

Where The Wild Things Are

Ok.... so I lied I'm not going to wait till my backlog is done, just want to get this out there. So I had an idea to do a PP for movies, just just the genre of movies, but ones that have the exact movie name, so no based off games, ex. Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight. Yes it has Frozen in it, but that's not a movie title, if it was just Frozen then it would be included. My only issue I see would be the Transformers ones, cause two are movie titles, so let me know. With that said here is my list:

Battleship

Cars 2

Clash Of The Titans

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

G-Force

Happy Feet Two

Ice Age 3

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole

Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension

Planet 51: The Game

Quantum of Solace

Rango

Rio

SAW

SAW II

Star Trek

The Godfather II

The Smurfs 2

Toy Story 3

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

Up

Where The Wild Things Are

Battleship is in the Alien Invasions PP. (I'm willing to let it go if everyone feels it fits your PP better.)

The Godfather II is in the Gangs PP. (Talk to jantrick2 about it)

The Transformers games can have their own PP.

Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension is in the cartoon PP, but no one has stepped up to run it. 

I will run the Transformers PP since it seems like no wants to run it.

Edited by soultaker655

Battleship is in the Alien Invasions PP. (I'm willing to let it go if everyone feels it fits your PP better.)

The Godfather II is in the Gangs PP. (Talk to jantrick2 about it)

The Transformers games can have their own PP.

Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension is in the cartoon PP, but no one has stepped up to run it. 

I will run the Transformers PP since it seems like no wants to run it.

This one is reserved for the 007 PP.

I say do it!!! I know I have to wait hehe

Imo all Telltales should be together... if we remove TFTB, others could start stealing Minecraft or GoT. xD

I see what you're saying but then again Back to the future is already separate from the Choices thread  ;)

Ehh, it's a difficult case. Not breaking the rules per se. Personally i think it'd be easier if it just stays as is, however you can sort it out between you and Zadorvp. 

Had to lookup what i said about this specific game as it has been brought up before,

Actually Its not just the name, as tales from the borderlands follows the same storyline as other borderlands. Not only is it in the same universe, it has the same vault hunters and hell even  AI handsome jack is in it. (this is coming from someone who has played them all)  :)

Its like saying Chronicles cant be in the Assassin PP because it plays completely different.

But yeah i will ask Zadorvp when the time comes :) .

• Like 1

I would like to suggest and run the DC Universe PP

1. Injustice 1
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Dc vs MK
  4. Young Justice Legacy
  5. Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
  6. DCUO

And with all these DC movies that are starting to come out there will be more games in the future. 

• Like 1

I would like to suggest and run the DC Universe PP

1. Injustice 1
  2. Injustice 2
  3. DC vs MK
  4. Young Justice Legacy
  5. Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
  6. DCUO

And with all these DC movies that are starting to come out there will be more games in the future. 

Just a heads up but DC vs MK has an unobtainable Platinum  ;) 

I think it's obvious >.> ....buuuut I'm claiming the recently announced Sonic games for my Sonic PP, Sonic Mania and "Sonic 2017" (whatever they end up calling it.) Honestly never thought SEGA would release more sonic games for non-Nintendo consoles

Edited by LeetWolf2

What is the consensus on annually released sports games like NBA2K, Madden, FIFA etc? All of them are well over 5 titles at this point and they have decently large playerbases. I think some of them (probably not NBA2k though as so few have platinumed those games) would make for decent series.

I'd be happy to do them when I meet the requirements :)

I'd also love to do the Rock Band and Guitar Hero PPs when the time comes.

Edited by Andrea

What is the consensus on annually released sports games like NBA2K, Madden, FIFA etc? All of them are well over 5 titles at this point and they have decently large playerbases. I think some of them (probably not NBA2k though as so few have platinumed those games) would make for decent series.

Server closure and problems with some participants having specific Plat but others not being able to get it, thus, need to remove it from the PP pretty much bury this idea.

Such PP would require constant game pool and ranking switching whenever a server gets closed.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Server closure and problems with some participants having specific Plat but others not being able to get it, thus, need to remove it from the PP pretty much bury this idea.

Such PP would require constant game pool and ranking switching whenever a server gets closed.

This is definitely an issue for most of them, 2K is notorious for shutting down their servers after about a year and a half. However, I think Madden could still qualify. It only has one unobtainable platinum (Madden 10,) the same number as fellow annually-released multiplayer-heavy series Call of Duty. All servers dating back to 2012 are still active, and 2011 has no online trophies.

HOW did Gibbo get the reserve rights to Jak when I had clearly expressed my interest in that, multiple times??

Perhaps Zone missed you asking to reserve it since there was a bunch of Q & A going on around that time or it was changed due to some decision later? @Zone: Mar reserved Jak here (wow, it's been a long time).

• Like 1

So I was wondering would a BioShock/ System Shock PP work? BioShock is the spiritual successor to System Shock so it would make sense to group them together.

We already have 3 BioShock games, a future System Shock coming to PS4. All we would need is System Shock 2 remake or another BioShock game.

So I was wondering would a BioShock/ System Shock PP work? BioShock is the spiritual successor to System Shock so it would make sense to group them together.

We already have 3 BioShock games, a future System Shock coming to PS4. All we would need is System Shock 2 remake or another BioShock game.

The BioShock games are part of the Big Brother PP idea.

The BioShock games are part of the Big Brother PP idea.

I'm aware of that, but since it hasn't been made yet, changes can be made without causing problems in the leaderboard.

Personally I think it BioShock has more in common with System Shock, than BioShock being grouped with Remember Me and Watch Dogs.