SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

Yeah it took me 2 days with my PS4 on overnight to get the Kid trophy. I've done a lot of other warp zones by now and the hardest character one is The Kid and the hardest non-character one is Skyscraper. The other ones on world 5 aren't that difficult at all to do. :) It definitely helps to take breaks in this game. I was stuck on Skyscraper for a week before I just quit the game for months. When I came back I was able to get it done within 2 days cause I was less stressed and more focused. 

Now Cotton Alley Level 7 and 20 on the other hand... I still can't get through them consistently at all. 

2 hours ago, Sword said:

Yeah it took me 2 days with my PS4 on overnight to get the Kid trophy. I've done a lot of other warp zones by now and the hardest character one is The Kid and the hardest non-character one is Skyscraper. The other ones on world 5 aren't that difficult at all to do. :) It definitely helps to take breaks in this game. I was stuck on Skyscraper for a week before I just quit the game for months. When I came back I was able to get it done within 2 days cause I was less stressed and more focused. 

Now Cotton Alley Level 7 and 20 on the other hand... I still can't get through them consistently at all. 

It took me 2 days for the Kid warpzone and 2-3 days for Skyscraper... At least I see that I'm not the only one that suffered a lot with this ones xD

I have seen some people saying that this is a 70-100 hours plat but it will take me a lot more, I have been playing for like 80 hours and only has done consistently the light words until Hell argh... Now dealing with rapture and dont want to think about Cotton Alley and the Dark Worlds....

14 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I have seen some people saying that this is a 70-100 hours plat but it will take me a lot more, I have been playing for like 80 hours and only has done consistently the light words until Hell argh... Now dealing with rapture and dont want to think about Cotton Alley and the Dark Worlds....

It really doesn't matter. Some people will take 50 hours, some will need 200. I've seen platinum achievers with over 60k deaths, others have barely 5k. 

But the result is the same in the end... a platinum worth the effort :) Just keep at it and you'll get there! Good luck!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

It really doesn't matter. Some people will take 50 hours, some will need 200. I've seen platinum achievers with over 60k deaths, others have barely 5k. 

But the result is the same in the end... a platinum worth the effort :) Just keep at it and you'll get there! Good luck!

Thanks! I'm already at 13k deaths xD

21 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

It took me 2 days for the Kid warpzone and 2-3 days for Skyscraper... At least I see that I'm not the only one that suffered a lot with this ones xD

When I was going for the skyscraper warpzone I was thinking about downloading a PC version with save states just so I could practice parts 1, 2 and 3 equally lol.

Edited by samuel_hsc
  • Like 1

Prior to touching the game on a console, I played it for a year on PC. And damn, during that year, Impossible Boy literally pushed me to the limit. I died so many times that I could not even count how many times just to flawlessly master that world alone. Now that I've put whatever I've learned from PC, it was a blast to get that trophy.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 2

Why when you decide to go for the no death run of Rapture the damn dogs decide to behave completely different that when you were practicing? Hate them, now I have to do them first to finally start the no death run argh...

Edit. Question... The End and the Dark Version of The End doesnt have no death runs but I need to complete them for the story completion and some of the trophies, right? (Especially the dark one)

Edited by DeepEyes7

9 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Question... The End and the Dark Version of The End doesnt have no death runs but I need to complete them for the story completion and some of the trophies, right? (Especially the dark one)

You need to complete the light version of the boss, and probably will need to complete a couple of levels in the dark world for "Golden God", but I got the platinum before even beating the last 2 or 3 levels in dark "The End". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

You need to complete the light version of the boss, and probably will need to complete a couple of levels in the dark world for "Golden God", but I got the platinum before even beating the last 2 or 3 levels in dark "The End". 

Thanks, the guide isn't very clear there... Because it says that you need to complete all dark world levels for 100% but on another part it says that you don't need to A+ the last 3 levels of the Dark Cotton Alley... And on another part it says that you don't need to A+ any of the Dark World... Confusing @_@

21 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Why when you decide to go for the no death run of Rapture the damn dogs decide to behave completely different that when you were practicing? Hate them, now I have to do them first to finally start the no death run argh...

Edit. Question... The End and the Dark Version of The End doesnt have no death runs but I need to complete them for the story completion and some of the trophies, right? (Especially the dark one)

Hi,

Idk if you mean level 9 of the dark world. If so: Check out the other thread on this site where useful tricks and information are discussed.

I made a post on the 2nd of February providing a solution to this topic.

Good luck?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Hi,

Idk if you mean level 9 of the dark world. If so: Check out the other thread on this site where useful tricks and information are discussed.

I made a post on the 2nd of February providing a solution to this topic.

Good luck1f607.png

Thanks, checked it. I realized something similar, I first entered the stage, attract the zombies (thought they were dogs XD) then went out to map and reenter and then they will cooperate in the next one. I was talking of levels 5-9, 5-10 and 5-11 of the Light Rapture World, those damn zombies did what they wanted xD

• Like 2

I wonder if you have to get A+ on all the light levels for Golden God. For the life of me I cannot get A+ on the last level of Cotton Alley, but I've finished nearly everything else (I have 2 levels in The End Dark + The Boss there and about 6 levels left in Dark Cotton Alley to complete (plus the locked level for the 20th)). Guess I'll see if it pops or not. Otherwise... I'll beat my head on a wall for the 400th time trying to do Four Letter Word in 45 seconds. Whoever decided that time needs to be cut in half. I can do it just over that by a little bit, but for the life of me cannot nail 45 seconds or under. Sigh. Some slides are part of clearing the level for me and I know they add miliseconds a piece onto my time. 

1 hour ago, Sword said:

I wonder if you have to get A+ on all the light levels for Golden God. For the life of me I cannot get A+ on the last level of Cotton Alley, but I've finished nearly everything else (I have 2 levels in The End Dark + The Boss there and about 6 levels left in Dark Cotton Alley to complete (plus the locked level for the 20th)). Guess I'll see if it pops or not. Otherwise... I'll beat my head on a wall for the 400th time trying to do Four Letter Word in 45 seconds. Whoever decided that time needs to be cut in half. I can do it just over that by a little bit, but for the life of me cannot nail 45 seconds or under. Sigh. Some slides are part of clearing the level for me and I know they add miliseconds a piece onto my time. 

Unfortunately, you have to get A+ on every single Light level for Golden God, which includes Cotton Alley, as well. It's on the trophy guide, I suppose.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

On 13.6.2020 at 11:58 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

If you practice these levels, make sure to return to the map after every single death. The behavior of these enemies can be quite different after you die and just further go on to practice the level, so what works then might not work if you enter the level for the first time during an ironman run. If you follow that rule, these levels become much more reliable, though of cource you can never 100% rule out that they act up a bit.

14 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

Unfortunately, you have to get A+ on every single Light level for Golden God, which includes Cotton Alley, as well. It's on the trophy guide, I suppose.

I can say from personal experience that you do not have to get A+ on every single Light level to get Golden God. I got Golden God without getting A+ on Cotton Alley 20, because of how much that level sucked for me. I got the trophy with 1 bandage and I think 2 or 3 levels total not being A+ if I remember correctly, hell I haven't completed 7-19x to this day because of how shit that level is.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

After resetting my Vita previous year, I've decided to start this game again on my Vita. So far have 98% completion (for I'm a Golden God) but damn, can't beat 7 levels on Cotton Alley Dark World... XOXO will be pain through no death run and so the other levels except Organ Grinder and 7-7X (thanks to magic pixel). The problem on my journey is sometimes the character doesn't want to register jump command even though I press X lol. This issue cost me some runs on Blood Clot Boy trophy... Nowhere near the best part of the game (Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl, and Impossible Boy) but slowly getting there lol

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 3

I just got Maggot Boy unlocked however I faced the same input issue when I attempted Blood Clot Boy. Brimstone Boy and Maggot Boy felt stressful when I got closer to the Ironman/Deathless level streak (especially on when you're 3 levels away from the trophy despite leaving the easy levels to last). Now since this is out of the way... The real fun now begins lol

• Like 1

My death count was around 16 - 17K when I earned the platinum last December. I definitely know it was well above that so the counter was glitched for me.

It's been mentioned numerous times already, but 7-19X has a tendency to glitch after a while. The 'moving snake' as I call it goes far too fast so you can't even reach the little gears on top in time. Only way to fix this problem is to quit out to the XMB and start the game again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How bizarre... after doing SMB on my old main 3 years back. A couple days ago, I was thinking how nice it'd look on this profile... I went back and practiced Cotton Alley on that account. Girl Boy is not a problem, I think I could knock it out in a few hours tops, and is far easier than I can remember. But Impossible Boy, 2 days of grinding and I'm still not where I want to be, I don't think I could complete a run right now. I'm actually set back by this, as I would love to have the plat once again, but right now I still can't manage, and not sure if I want to commit any more effort into it (due to giving it my all before). It's giving me a headache. The muscles in my fingers are resisting. Still, back then it took me almost 2 years to complete it, and I remember at least a full week of practice for just Impossible Boy. I know that if I can get Impossible Boy, the rest of the levels will be a breeze.

Edited by PeachXHime
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This game had been sitting in my library ever since it was free with PS Plus back in October (2017.... can't remember). I thought why not give it a try, might be a fun platinum trophy.

Never in my life have I had a more unforgiving experience then this. I've had my fair share of 'hard' games and trophies but this tops it all. This'll be one of those games I regret having ever installed in the first place since there is a 0% chance I'm ever going to try to complete this :P

• 3 weeks later...

I m a bit late as I get my plat months agoo but I want to share a bit of my pain on this insane game ,this  4 min video sums up a bit of how insane, sadistic, demoniac, painful and how much suffer you can fell trying this plat ,and also how insanely good and powerful you fell when you achieve the plat....but this last part doesn't appear on this video haha

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I took a month off from Super Meat Boy.  Came back and beat Cotton Alley yesterday and unlocked The Kid today, both of which I was having trouble with!  Level 20 was giving me a headache in Cotton Alley, mainly from getting my timing right on those top saws where you don’t have any room to jump!  Pretty happy with my progress during these two days.  Going to work on finishing Dark World now! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Booster92BG said:

Im not sure if i have the necessary skills to platinum SMB, but i already started the game. 

I completed the main game and currently working on clearing all warp zones.

The Kid warp zone took me 2 hours to complete.

I also cleared the Cotton alley, and jeez some of these levels took me 30 minuties alone. Cant imagine how im going to clear all 20 levels in one go latter.

I have some hard platformers in my collection, so im not just going to back down.

I will give my best to make SMB my 300th platinum!

Skill should be built if you show perseverance so don't worry. If put enough time and development, I'm sure you're able to do it. Take breaks whenever you feel like taking one because later worlds can be really stressful. I didn't believe myself in the first time either but completed Hell Dark World with no death before I gave a long break (I still need to do the rest lol but playing on PSVita is kind of pain). Keep pushing forward and you'll get the plat no time.

• Like 3

On 13. 12. 2020. at 9:33 PM, Booster92BG said:

Im not sure if i have the necessary skills to platinum SMB, but i already started the game. 

I completed the main game and currently working on clearing all warp zones.

The Kid warp zone took me 2 hours to complete.

I also cleared the Cotton alley, and jeez some of these levels took me 30 minuties alone. Cant imagine how im going to clear all 20 levels in one go latter.

I have some hard platformers in my collection, so im not just going to back down.

I will give my best to make SMB my 300th platinum!

As Xxlsa said perseverance and repetition is key here. There isnt a single game on Earth that cant be platinumed unless it has servers shut off or some stupid glitchy multiplayer. The only difference is that someone who is good at platformer will get it sooner, in the end the result is same, even if you havent touched platformers once in your life. Just keep going and going and going, at first dark factory seems impossible, but by the time you reach cotton alley, dark factory is easy. There are people who can beat dark worlds in a row without dying only beacuse they played it for a veeeeery long time.

Edited by crowizard
  • Like 3