How many consoles do you currently have?

Zenpai

412 members have voted

1. 1. How many consoles do you currently have (including handhelds)?

2. 2. How many consoles do you have hooked up to your TV right now?

3. 3. How many consoles have you broken/died on you?

• 2 months later...
  • Nintendo DS (Lite)
  • Nintendo Wii (Vanilla)
  • PlayStation 3 (Slim)
    • Pre-owned purchase from EB Games to replace the "fat" model PS3 I grew up with due to difficulties turining it on 8 years following my father's purchase
  • PlayStation 4 (Vanilla)
    • Day one purchase
  • PlayStation 5 (Vanilla / CFI-1102A)
  • PlayStation Vita (Vanilla / PCH-1002) [2x]
    • First one's left analogue stick is busted (my 2012 Christmas present)
    • Second one's still functional, for now that is (Originally my brother's, it was his 2013 Christmas present)

Let's see...

1) Must be over eight. Besides the PS4 and PS3 I still use, there should be a Sega Master System, some model of Atari, N64, and GameCube, along with several PS1's and PS2's collecting dust in storage. Also used to own many others, like an NES, SNES, and Genesis, but I long ago sold them.

2) Only two; the aforementioned PS3 and PS4. If I really want to play retro stuff, emulators exist, thankfully.

3) Three Sony consoles died—a PS1, PS2, and PS3, all early launch models. Never had problems with the others.

So, here's the thing: A friend of mine used to work in toxic waste disposal. He was driving around a truck where people could bring their old chemicals and electronics for proper disposal.

Electronics being the key point here, because he would often bring them to me to check if they still work because he knew I sometimes repair old consoles.  Often, it's just renewing a  soldering point or something like that and the console runs again.

I have sold or given up on a lot of these but there are still quite a few left. So, aside from my own collection growing since my childhood NES I still have, I also have waiting for check/repairs: 1 PS3, 2 PS2, 6 Xbox 360, 3 Gameboys, 1 3DS, 2 DS, 2 Game Gears, 1 SNES, 4 PS1, 1 Wii, 1 Lynx

My actual collection is one each of: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Genesis (with a Master System Adapter and Mega CD installed), PS2, PS3, PS4 (with VR), PSP, PS Vita, GBC, GBA, 2DS, original Xbox, 360

That makes 16+25(+3)

All of them Still except the Atari 5200

Don't like handhelds but have all except crap like the Leapfrog

Playing at the moment, OG Xbox, PS3, Commodore Amiga and a mini PC setup as an emulator Machine, Playing Disaster report 3 on PSP using PPSSPP at 4k.

I own 

ps5

Ps4

Ps3

Ps vita

Super Nintendo mini (least used. Mainly play with kids few games which have 2 player options. 

Older kid owns Nintendo Switch which I also play.

Everything else besides Snes mini is hooked as it has least use. 

During ps2 era my console's reader part got broke. Dont remember anything else. 

I have

- 3 PS5’s - all hooked up

- 3 PS4’s - 1 is hooked up

- 2 PS3’s - 1 is hooked up

- VITA - played regularly

- SEGA Megadrive

- Nintendo Switch - hooked up

- PS2 

- Nintendo DS

- Gameboy

- PSP

Most days I boost something on PS4/PS5 and actively play on PS3. Worst thing is the weather is hot now and my room is boiling. I’ve also recently got a little meter thing from my electric company that tells me how much electricity I use an hour ? there are 5 of us, all gamers, but running my consoles alone costs a small fortune ?

Hooked up I have:

- PS3 Slim

- PS4 Pro

- PS5

- XBOX Series X

- Switch

- NES Classic

- SNES Classic

- Mega Drive Mini

- Mega Drive Mini 2 (Different games on it)

- Playstation Classic (play this the most)

- Evercade VS (Love this thing)

I also own: 

- SNES

- Dreamcast

- XBOX

- GameCube

- GameBoy Color

- GameBoy Advance

- DS Lite

- New 3DS

- PSP 3000

- PS VITA

- Barcode Battler

Died: My original phat PS3 and my PlayStation I had as a kid :(

Edited by RedDevil757

Right now I have two PS3s, one hooked up, the other a backup in case the first one takes a crap. One PS4 which gets most of the playtime, and a Vita which I use occasionally. Not used these days and put away are: One PS2, a Wii and Wii U, two DS and one 3DS. Only one to fail was my PSP which is hella annoying.

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot. Also in storage was a new Japanese Vita and a PSTV. Dunno if that one counts as a console though. ?

Edited by Caldor2K2

44 minutes ago, Caldor2K2 said:

Right now I have two PS3s, one hooked up, the other a backup in case the first one takes a crap. One PS4 which gets most of the playtime, and a Vita which I use occasionally. Not used these days and put away are: One PS2, a Wii and Wii U, two DS and one 3DS. Only one to fail was my PSP which is hella annoying.

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot. Also in storage was a new Japanese Vita and a PSTV. Dunno if that one counts as a console though. 1f601.png

Sure does, PS/VITA TV is amazing imo, I have 3 of them and one is whitelisted