How many consoles do you currently have?

Zenpai

412 members have voted

1. 1. How many consoles do you currently have (including handhelds)?

2. 2. How many consoles do you have hooked up to your TV right now?

3. 3. How many consoles have you broken/died on you?

4 hours ago, Woodsteel95 said:

I'd just get a Wii:

1. Plays GameCube and Wii.
2. Console is cheaper since there's more floating around.

3. Component cables for it are much cheaper, the component cables for GameCube are notoriously expensive ($100 USD plus).

Actually...that's not a bad idea. We had a Wii at one point, I don't remember what happened to it. But it'd kill two birds with one stone. 

6 hours ago, greatfede said:

Lately I'm playing the new releases on my gaming PC, maybe in the future i will buy a PS5, not sure

but here are the consoles I own and I still use atleast few times a year:

I'm waiting for a second edition of PS5 too.Hopefully slimmer one with that detatchable disc drive.

I find that idea of detachable disc drive great because  if it gets broken you can easily replace it.  

By the Date of 12.03.2023 i have the following Consoles/Handhelds:

• Playstation 2
  • Playstation 3 Super Slim
  • Playstation 4 Pro
  • Playstation Portable
  • Playstation Vita
  • Playstation TV
  • Playstation 5
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Gameboy
  • Gameboy Color
  • Gameboy Advance
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo 3DS XL
  • Nintendo Switch

i had more Consoles like Xbox, Gamecube or funny things like a Wonderswan or Dreamcast (wich i need to boot with a stick to work always :D )

but all other Consoles was just rent from friends.

• Like 1

At this point, the answer to the original question is “too bloody many,” though it’s far less than I have had at other points in my life.

Right now, I’ve got PS5 (with PSVR1), PS3, Xbox Series X, AT Games Genesis clone and Wii hooked up to the television, plus a Switch Lite and a Vita. The wife has a standard Switch (dock broke, so she just uses it in handheld mode), a 3DS XL and an original DS.

At various points in the past, though, I’ve owned essentially every system going back to the Fairchild Channel F and an RCA Studio II; only ones missing from the collection were the Sega Saturn, an Atari 5200, a NeoGeo, and the assorted refreshes of NES, SNES, Genesis and PS1. I’d like to get back to that level of hoard at some point (and fill in the missing ones), but that’s just not feasible given my current situation.

As for how many have broken on me (question was added after I voted/posted): Lots. I went through three original NES units (dead 72 pin connectors), three original GameBoys (dead screens), had to replace my PS1 after my brother decided it looked “thirsty” and dumped a soda into it, my not-quite-launch-but-close PS2’s disc drive quit the day before PS3 came out, my launch day PS3’s disc motor died twice (repaired both times) before the motherboard just gave up the ghost; replaced it with a blue SuperSlim. My original PS4 croaked - disc motor - so I traded it in for a PS4 Pro. Had a Vita 1000 die - battery followed by motherboard - that was replaced with a red 2000 series. But the grand champion is the 360. During the lifetime of that system, I went through a grand total of 19 machines of various models and colors. Amusingly enough, they had all manner of issues but only one was felled to the RRoD. There are many negative things to be said about GameStop, but their warranty policy on systems at the time is not one of them. All but two were obtained at no or minimal cost. (The two that had full price tags attached were my launch day unit and the Resident Evil 5 red model, which survived until I gave up on the system.)

Edited by Ashande
Busted consoles.
  • Like 1

How many consoles do you currently have (including handhelds)?

PS5

PS3 Slim

PSVita  (PCH-1000)

PSVita TV 

Switch OLED

3DS XL

How many consoles do you have hooked up to your TV right now?

PS5 and Switch (main TV)

PSVita TV and PS3 (secondary TV)

How many consoles have you broken/died on you?

My original fat PS3 model died for playing it way too much back in the day so I had to upgrade to the slim model which is still working fine to this date.

I have:

PS2

PS3

PS4

PS5

Nes

Snes

N64

Gamecube

2 Wiis

Wii U

Switch

Xbox 360

PSVita

3DS

Plugged in:

PS5, but i can quickly switch to the PS3 PS4 or switch by just plugging the HDMI in them

And the vita I use occasionally.

Died:

a N64 back in the day, my fat ps2 got stapled, and two 360s bricked on me

• Like 1

Nintendo

Sega Genesis

PS2

PS3 (2 of these)

PS4 (2, one broken and one good)

PS5

Switch

Main TV - 3, PS3, PS4, PS%

Kids TV  - Switch

Bedroom TV - PS3

Probably 3 or 4 PS3's, and one PS4 (I believe one of my kids might be at fault for this one)

I have five consoles currently - PS3, PS4, PS5, PS Vita and a Sega Genesis. Had one PS2 go on me, the disc tray became so loose it stopped working. Two PS3's died on me, one YLOD and the other I smashed in a drunken blacked out rage. My PS4 just died not long ago, I hadn't turned it on in a couple months since getting my PS5 in December and when I went to turn it on a few weeks ago it was screwed.

I only have my PS5 and PS3 hooked up to my tv at the moment, haven't played any Genesis in awhile.

PS5

PS4

PS3

PS2

Wii

N64

My phone if that counts

3 hooked up: PS5, PS3 and PS2 currently

I've killed quite a few consoles in my lifetime thus far. A couple 360's that got the ring of death even though I barely played them, a couple of PS2's where the disc drive died on both my original fat one and slim, and my original fat PS3 got the ring of death as well. 

On 3/10/2023 at 5:32 PM, Viper said:

PS1

PS2 (Fat)

PS3 Slim (YLOD)

PS3 Super Slim

PS4

PS4 Pro

PS5 (Disc)

PS Vita (1000 Series)

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Switch (Non-OLED)

So that's 10 that I currently own, 6 of them are hooked up the TV right now:

PS5

PS4 Pro (Only for it's media player)

PS3 Super Slim (which I also use for my PS1 games)

PS2

N64 

Switch

And only one console has ever died on me that I can think of and that's the PS3 Slim getting YLOD. It got it back in 2014, and I just bought the Super Slim instead, but I have stuff on the way, such as Thermal Paste, where I'm going to attempt to bring it back to life. 

Thinking of getting a Gamecube at some point soon-ish. 

Took @Woodsteel95 suggestion and got a Wii...mostly for GameCube purposes. But we can add that to the list now. 

Probably done with the console buying for awhile though. While I grew up with the likes of NES, SNES and Genesis...I'm oddly not nostalgic for them. 

• Like 1

Sega Master System (with built in Sonic the Hedgehog)

Mega Drive

Snes

Sega Saturn

Playstation

Playstation 2

Wii

Playstation 3 x2 (2nd one was randomly given to me by someone I know a few years back- typically used for self boosting multiplayer games)

Playstation 4

Playstation 5

Xbox (which I've never actually used- this was given to me by my bother)

Handhelds:

Gameboy x2

GBA

GBA SP

DS

DSI

2DS

PSP

Vita

So 21.

PS4 & 5 at the moment, but one often gets swapped out for the pS3.

Just 1 (as far as I know), the Saturn got stuck in some sort of boot up loop years ago.

Edited by Shadowlord87

I have the Playstations from 1 to 4, my lovely PSP, and the Nintendo Switch. I also have a capable PC if that counts, from where I play Xbox games or emulators. 

Thinking back, I'm really proud of all this, since in my country it isn't the normal to have more than 1-2, and it's hard to find different parts or games for older consoles. I take care of all of them so I never broke a console, although I had to buy a lot of PS3 controllers (they used to be faulty to be frank).

I have connected only the PS4 & PS3.

PS3

PS4 Pro

PS5

NES Classic 

SNES Classic

Sega Genesis Classic

SNES

Xbox One S

Xbox Series X

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Switch

But i really only use my PS5. The Series X and Switch are hooked up, and PS4 is in bedroom for background noise 

Edited by Infected Elite