How many consoles do you currently have?

Zenpai

412 members have voted

1. 1. How many consoles do you currently have (including handhelds)?

2. 2. How many consoles do you have hooked up to your TV right now?

3. 3. How many consoles have you broken/died on you?

Hello

I have over 30 years of service in gaming and after one point i decided to never sell any system or game i buy.I like the idea of preservation of physical games and gaming systems.

Unfortunately before that decision when i was much younger i sold some amazing systems like Commodore Amiga 500+,600,1200,ZX Spectrum, Nintendo NES,Gameboy and Sega Dreamcast.

That is just life and part of growing up as your interests change over time.The great memories and fun i had with them and my friends gaming in my room will stay with me forever. 

Here is a list of systems i currently own and game on:

Sony Playstation Fat

Sony Playstation One

Sony PSP

Sony Playstation 2 Slim

Sony Playstation 3 Super Slim

Sony Playstation 4

XBox Classic

Xbox 360

Xbox One Forza Edition

Sega Megadrive

Sega Saturn ( Love this system )

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Gamecube

Nintendo Wii

NIntendo Wii U

NIntendo 2DS XL

PC

Cheers 

Edited by XThordoomX
  • Like 1

I'll be a necromancer with this thread too, so:

3 PS Ones - my original one and 2 others that I bought a long time ago because it was easier and cheaper to buy them than to repair the original one in order to replay a few games. 

PS2 fat, with a dead laser though. 

PS3 Super Slim. 

PS4 Slim 

PS5 

The OG Xbox. Loved it, it felt like a breath of fresh air in the PS2 gen to me. I didn't care for it back in the day, but right now - I'd kill for the "put your own MP3s in a game" feature in some games. 

Xbox Series X 

N64 which I bought like 10 years ago on a spontaneous "I'm gonna play some N64 games" whim. Did not play any, aside of like 15 minutes of jumping in Mario 64. The animation was amazing to look at. 

Sega Saturn. Bought on a similar whim. Played a few minutes of Virtua Fighter 2. 

Sega Dreamcast. Such a great console for its time and the controller - maybe it's nostalgia talking but it just fit my hands perfectly. Planned on selling it cause a DC in good condition with two controllers, an arcade stick, fully working VMU goes for more than I paid for it originally but couldn't get around to it. Now that I type all that, I wanna replay some games actually, so maybe it's good that it's still with me. 

Also had a Sega Mega Drive and a Game Gear at some point, but I have no idea what happened to them. A NES too, in a way. One of those NES clones put into a different chassis or one that resembles a different console. I had an ordinary Pegasus, but there were also "PolyStations" and other similar creations. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 consoles at the moment, PS5, PS4 Pro, PS3 slim & PSVita.

3 are hooked up to my tv. (I don't have PSTV)

2 PS3s have died on me from ylod, my original fatty and a slim after that. The slim died recently.

Consoles I own:

Playstation 4 Pro

Playstation 4 Slim

Playstation 3

Playstation 2

NES

Hooked up to my TV:

Top three consoles from above 

Consoles that have broken/died:

None, Playstation 2 & NES have been in storage for years so don’t know if they still work. 

Edited by blacklight-nero

Currently I've got...

PS3, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5

PS Vita OLED Cosmic Red 1000 Fat Model

PS Vita Glacier White 2000 Slim Model

Nintendo Switch

Steam Deck

Honorable mention- My PC cause I do game on it a lot.

40% of people here have never had a console die on them?! :o You guys must've not been around for the Xbox 360 era, RROD alone KO'd 4 of mine just during that generation alone.

1 hour ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Currently I've got...

PS3, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5

PS Vita OLED Cosmic Red 1000 Fat Model

PS Vita Glacier White 2000 Slim Model

Nintendo Switch

Steam Deck

Honorable mention- My PC cause I do game on it a lot.

40% of people here have never had a console die on them?! :o You guys must've not been around for the Xbox 360 era, RROD alone KO'd 4 of mine just during that generation alone.

Don't forget the PS3's YLOD, that killed my first one.

My collection

1x PS3 

1x PS4 

1x PS5

1x Nintendo 3DS

• Like 1

I currently own:

PS2 slim (first model)

PS3 Slim

PS4 Pro

PS5 disc

PS Classic (for collector purposes)

PSP 1000

PS Vita OLED

NES (though it's broken)

GameCube

Wii

Wii U Premium

Switch (grey original model)

Gameboy Advance SP x3 (one standard SP, one extra backlight model and a modded one with a HD screen)

DS Lite x2 (One with wonky shoulder buttons and the other I bought to replace it)

New 3DS XL

I have a backlog for ALL of these systems so I'll never run out of stuff to play for a very very long time. I've never owned an Xbox and don't really have an interest in their exclusives apart from Gears, which isn't enough for me to invest in the platform. I don't buy games for non-current gen platforms anymore since I bought everything I've wanted to buy for them and barely have enough space left for current-gen games. The only retro games I'm collecting now is GBA, but that's only because CIB is so expensive that I'm constantly waiting for good deals. It's not a high priority for me to complete it anyways so I'm not watching ebay like a hawk like I used to. I only collected 6th generation and up because anything before that (N64 and PS1) I find far too archaic too play and too expensive. I don't collect to collect I collect to eventually play. 

In terms of what's plugged in:

PS2

PS3

PS5

Wii U

Switch

My PS3 is not the PS2 backwards compatible model as I do not want to deal with the expensive price point, high risk of YLOD and smaller storage space which is why my PS2 is plugged in. PS3 I still trophy hunt for and play regularly. PS2 is collecting dust I haven't touched it in years. Thanks to BC for PS5 I do not need a ps4 plugged in too, but I am keeping my PS4 Pro since it has P.T. on the system. Wii U also acts as a Wii which I have a backlog for, will probably unplug the Wii U and swap it with the Wii instead once I get round to playing and beating Xenoblade X. So I can play my gamecube games on Wii.

In terms of broken consoles, my NES only broke from use, it's was almost a 30 year old system by the time I got it around 10 years ago so understandable why it broke. 

• Like 1

toooo many... I only play on my PS5 (and occasionally PS3) but for some reason I still have... *ahem* PS3 PS4 PS5 PSVita NintendoDS (two of them) Wii 360 XBone and fuckin two PS2s... actually two PS3s as well but I gave one to my buddy so he could play old games (and I could guilt trip him into helping me boost multiplayer trophies). Again, I only play the PS5. I can't tell you why I don't sell a few of the others and get some cool new games

ah shit, and a Switch. forgot about that pos

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
forgettable nintendo trash

On 2/20/2023 at 0:06 AM, XThordoomX said:

Hello

I have over 30 years of service in gaming and after one point i decided to never sell any system or game i buy.I like the idea of preservation of physical games and gaming systems.

Unfortunately before that decision when i was much younger i sold some amazing systems like Commodore Amiga 500+,600,1200,ZX Spectrum, Nintendo NES,Gameboy and Sega Dreamcast.

That is just life and part of growing up as your interests change over time.The great memories and fun i had with them and my friends gaming in my room will stay with me forever. 

Here is a list of systems i currently own and game on:

Sony Playstation Fat

Sony Playstation One

Sony PSP

Sony Playstation 2 Slim

Sony Playstation 3 Super Slim

Sony Playstation 4

XBox Classic

Xbox 360

Xbox One Forza Edition

Sega Megadrive

Sega Saturn ( Love this system )

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Gamecube

Nintendo Wii

NIntendo Wii U

NIntendo 2DS XL

PC

Cheers 

Add to this PS VIta OLED which i got 2 days ago . 

Gotta say i'm surprised how good that thing is. 

As far as my memory goes i never broke any system i had or have.I take good care of them and get them refurbished.

The only thing i broke were power supply units on my PCs.

I also try to keep everything dust free.

Cheers

PlayStation 1 - ‘Chipped’

PlayStation 1 - Normal

Playstation 2 - x3

Playstation 2 - Slim x2 

PlayStation 3 - Oldest version

PlaystationVita - (Aqua Blue) / PSP (Dying)

PlayStation 3 - Slim x2

PlayStation 4 - 500gb (Glacier White)

PlayStation 5 - Finally

Original Xbox - x3

Xbox 360 - It’s Floating Around Here Somewhere

Xbox One S - (500gb White? My brother upgraded and threw it at me. Xbox isn’t really my thing anymore)

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Super Nintendo Entertainment System ‘Mattel Version’

Nintendo 64

Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP - Blue

Nintendo GameBoy Colour - Teal (No battery cover)

Nintendo GameBoy Colour - Clear Purple

Nintendo Wii

Nintendo DS - First Ever DS (Light Pink) (Regret not keeping the box)

Nintendo 3DS - Aqua Blue

Nintendo DSi - Blue

Nintendo 3DS XL - Grey

Definitely not an expert at the names. I just get a lot of ‘outdated’ consoles, handhelds, controllers and games for free... It’s all gotta go somewhere instead of being thrown away forever. So my shelf is the somewhere.

Edited by Missy Mysterious
Forgotten Console
  • Like 1

PS1

PS2 (Fat)

PS3 Slim (YLOD)

PS3 Super Slim

PS4

PS4 Pro

PS5 (Disc)

PS Vita (1000 Series)

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Switch (Non-OLED)

So that's 10 that I currently own, 6 of them are hooked up the TV right now:

PS5

PS4 Pro (Only for it's media player)

PS3 Super Slim (which I also use for my PS1 games)

PS2

N64 

Switch

And only one console has ever died on me that I can think of and that's the PS3 Slim getting YLOD. It got it back in 2014, and I just bought the Super Slim instead, but I have stuff on the way, such as Thermal Paste, where I'm going to attempt to bring it back to life. 

Thinking of getting a Gamecube at some point soon-ish. 

• Like 1

So I’ve had 10+ Xbox 360’s. 
currently have 4 stored away. 
1 PS1

2 PS2’s.
3 PS3’s. 
1 PS4

1 PS5

PS vita

Nintendo Switch OLED

Had an Xbox One but sold it for a PS4 and that’s when my PlayStation journey started. 
Didn’t play much at the time but every time I logged on, I had console updates and game updates so I never got to play. So I sold the Xbox. 

Circumstances changed and I ended up with alot more free time so I bought myself a PS4 and now go through phases of not playing much, and playing too much haha. Super excited to see what awesome new games come out this year and next! 

P.S always been a casual achievement hunter/trophy hunter but definitely not a completionist! (Is that a word?)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viper said:

Thinking of getting a Gamecube at some point soon-ish. 

I'd just get a Wii:

1. Plays GameCube and Wii.
2. Console is cheaper since there's more floating around.

3. Component cables for it are much cheaper, the component cables for GameCube are notoriously expensive ($100 USD plus).

• Like 1

Lately I'm playing the new releases on my gaming PC, maybe in the future i will buy a PS5, not sure

but here are the consoles I own and I still use atleast few times a year:

Hooked to my tv:

PS4

PS3 (i own three of them, the og retrocompatible one is broken and one is in an another house)

PS2 slim (i own two of theme, the fat is broken)

Handled:

Ps Vita

PSP

3DS

I also own a DSi (one shoulder button is broken), two gameboy color, NES and SNES mini but i use them very rarely. 

Edited by greatfede