PSNP Community Top Chosen PS Vita Games - Nominations

This thread is very useful to find new games to try out :D

That's the only thing that saved Fozzyabear :P.

YAAAAAY I LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Also IDK if this is like an unwritten rule or not but mby you should add in the rules (if you agree with this) that you can only vote for game you have actually played and not based off of a review. That way it's more accurate.

Edited by Fozzyabear

P4G is great.

Here is the problem tho. If its elligable, it will win. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

So basically, we would be saying, that the best game on the entire Vita platform... Is a PS2 game.

That sucks, and undermines the extrordinary breadth of newer, great games that exist on the system - yes, a lot of indie games on my list came put on multiple platforms, but in most cases I had the most fun on the vita version.

Persona 4 was a great game on PS2, and is an even better game on Vita. Maybe the best game, but to give it such a place is to basically say 'the vita has nothing' which is sad, and not true.

Not if it's eligible. It is eligible. And it deserves to win. Besides, taking first place does not even imply that the Vita has nothing. There are 9 other spots on the list, and judging from the PS3 version of this, 15 more spots for honorable mentions. It isn't even just a few hours of original content added either.

The other HD remasters are straight up ports, which P4G is not. That's why they aren't eligible.

Edited by jantrick2

P4G is great.

Here is the problem tho. If its elligable, it will win. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

So basically, we would be saying, that the best game on the entire Vita platform... Is a PS2 game.

That sucks, and undermines the extrordinary breadth of newer, great games that exist on the system - yes, a lot of indie games on my list came put on multiple platforms, but in most cases I had the most fun on the vita version.

Persona 4 was a great game on PS2, and is an even better game on Vita. Maybe the best game, but to give it such a place is to basically say 'the vita has nothing' which is sad, and not true.

I never played the Ps2 version of Persona, so for me at least, it is a vita exclusive. Plus like Dragon said, theres all kinds of new shit added from the ps2 version.

This thread is very useful to find new games to try out :D

But Vita has none :awesome:

Because people don't want to accept that VLR is better =D

But Vita has none :awesome:

Because people don't want to accept that VLR is better =D

Lol - cant fool me with that one! I played VLR - horrible game, just a bunch of psudo-psychobabble and 'oh-look-how-smart-we-can-make-dumb-shit-sound' eeeeendless talking, followed by The Crystal Maze- meets photohunt gameplay for three minutes, then more talking.

Then.......

Do it again! Fifty more times!

:-P

Lol - cant fool me with that one! I played VLR - horrible game, just a bunch of psudo-psychobabble and 'oh-look-how-smart-we-can-make-dumb-shit-sound' eeeeendless talking, followed by The Crystal Maze- meets photohunt gameplay for three minutes, then more talking.

Then.......

Do it again! Fifty more times!

:-P

I actually mean it.

Well... talking is a main point of VNs :P

• Like 1

1. :gold: Soul Sacrifice Delta
  2. :gold: GRAVITY RUSH
  3. :gold: Velocity Ultra
  4. :silver: Virtue's Last Reward
  5. :silver: SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS
  6. :silver: MURAMASA REBIRTH
  7. :bronze: Unit 13
  8. :bronze: Dragon's Crown
  9. :bronze: FREEDOM WARS
  10. :bronze: Persona 4 Golden

I find it weird that people are voting for Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden: Age of Demons when Soul Sacrifice Delta and Toukiden: Kiwami are better versions of those games with more content.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

There aren't any more Vita owners here :awesome:

Am I late to the party? :D

Also, I'm only counting titles that I've played enough to sort of know how the general gameplay feels, so I might leave out some great titles that I just couldn't afford the time and/or money to finish/buy.

1 -  :gold:  Gravity Rush

The most fun I've had in a long time, I wish I had a PS4 for the upcoming sequel.

2 -  :gold:  Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair 

In my opinion the story is as good as the first games story but it has more diverse gameplay.

3 -  :gold:  Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Great story and I like the characters from this game more than the sequel's characters.

4 -  :silver:  Rogue Legacy

One of the best rogue-like games I've ever played and more skill based than luck based. Also, the platinum is hard as hell and made me hate the name Alexander.

5 -  :silver:  Persona 4 Golden

Blasphemy and heresy, I know but even though this game has a lot of great elements like the social link system and the day per day gameplay with time management etc. it didn't make it to the top of the list. (Also one of the titles I didn't finish yet but plan to finish in the near future)

6 -  :silver:  Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk

Like in P4G I like the time based gameplay as well as the alchemy aspects of the game. As a bonus the soundtrack is really great.

7 -  :bronze:  Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-

What I love about this game is that it really feels like a MMORPG even though it is a single player game. I also love the battle System (and the way the characters pronounce "Switch" :3)

8 -  :bronze:  Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Actually my first SC game and therefore the only "PS mascot" game I didn't have fond childhood memorys of. Really loved the stealthy gameplay as well as the huge amount of collectibles in every world.

9 -  :bronze:  Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f

Not my favorite rhythm game, that's still Osu! but nonetheless still a great pick to play a few songs when bored. I also like the currency system that makes replaying songs without getting them perfect not feel like a complete waste of time especially since the plat is a pretty big grind.

10 -  :bronze:  Freedom Wars

Due to the complicated combat system, you really need to listen to the tutorials, that's why I'm probably gonna need to play it fro the begi ning instead of where I left off when I pick it back up. I really like the atmosphere, though. You need to buy pretty much every right including the right to do nothing for a minute. That's what I call interesting unlockeables.  xD

So this was totally more work than I thought... Might edit this to make it look prettier when I get my pc to run again T.T why do pcs always find a new problem to annoy me every week. Had to type all of this on my stone age Samsung tablet that can barely handle loading this site.

Anyways, I think it's interesting that nobody is explaining there choices. I really like to see what exactly made someone pick a spot for a game.

So yeah, sorry if this looks really bad, can't really do anything about it without my PC...

Edit: Pretified because a miracle happened and I actually managed to boot my PC after 20 tries... Bruteforce all the way :)

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

:gold:  1. Hotline Miami

:gold:  2. Guacamelee

:gold:  3. Virtue's Last Reward

:silver:  4. Lone Survivor

:silver:  5. DanganRonpa Trigger Happy Havok

:silver:  6. Rogue Legacy

:bronze:  7. Gravity Rush

:bronze:  8. Destiny of Spirits (RIP)

:bronze:  9. HOME

:bronze:  10. Tales from Space: Mutant Blob Attacks

Honorable nods to P4G, Rayman Origins & Legends, and Binding of Isaac

• Like 1

Some of these may suck but these are only games i have played

:gold:  1.Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

:gold:  2.Hotline Miami

:gold:  3.Unit 13

:silver:  4.Virtues Last Reward

:silver:  5.Shovel Knight

:silver:  6.Minecraft 

:bronze:  7.The Wolf Among Us 

:bronze:  8.Dokuro

:bronze:  9.Senran Kagura Bon Appetit

:bronze:  10.Playstation Vita Pets

• Like 1

Obvious list is obvious, but:

:gold: 1. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

:gold: 2. Virtue's Last Reward (only because Danganronpa is a Vita/psp exclusive is my list this way, to be honest)

:gold: 3. Danganronpa 2

:silver: 4. P4G

:silver: 5. Tearaway

:silver: 6. Gravity Rush

:bronze: 7. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

:bronze: 8. Child of Light

:bronze: 9. Corpse Party: Blood Drive

:bronze: 10. Dokuro

• Like 1

They may change over time (as we get more Vita games), but so far here are my top picks based on my enjoyment with them:

1- :gold:Persona 4 Golden (Do I really need to say anything?)

2- :gold: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (awesome murder-mystery plot with an Ace Attorney-like gameplay and a psychotic bear!)

3- :gold: Virtue's Last Reward (Dark, gritty and memorable. I had a lot of great memories with VLR. Can't wait for the thrid game!)

4- :silver: Muramasa Rebirth ( a beautiful presentation accompanied by chaotic 2D gameplay with two awesome main leads. Kind of underrated, but definitely worth a look.)

5- :silver:Velocity 2X (faced-paced action platformer, my type of game.)

6- :silver: Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Currently playing it, about to finish it. The story is goofy and funny, as well as the characters, something that I liked most. The gameplay is highly addictive and I'm loving every second of it. The presentation is great both in terms of audio and visuals. A Promise Revisited greatly improves and expands upon the original game. Check it out, dood!)

7- :bronze:Gravity Rush (I was hesitant to play it at first, but upon beating it, I loved it. The story, characters, and style are main highlights of the game. The gameplay is on the clunky side, but its alright. Can't wait for GR2!)

8- :bronze: Killzone Mercenary (I don't play a lot of FPSs, especially on handhelds. Mercenary is the best FPS on the Vita, the gameplay and presentation are really well-done)

9- :bronze:Ys: Memories of Celceta (awesome characters and addictive gameplay, a bit simplistic on the visuals)

10- :bronze: Freedom Wars (great gameplay and presentation, bland story)

• Like 2