We kinda need to talk

Asuka Langley

As someone who is, i guess, pretty open about loving HDN in general i haven't come across any offensive/rude comments. (although i don't know what comments are floating around in the chatbox :ninja:

We've had some "anime vs non anime" discussions in the past but overall everyone remains pretty friendly. Especially if you look how it goes on in other forums etc.

In regards to the Nep Nep community here - I have seen some ill feelings regarding them. When one of the first Nep threads first started I peeked in, mainly to ask about HDN, and was quickly overwhelmed. Not in a bad sense; I simply was confused and had no idea what to do with all the pudding. I'd wager that alot of people who disregard the HDN community were just overwhelmed/confused. Regardless everyone deserves respect.

I agree that sometimes we're a little bit too eager to get people to play HDN. :P

When I first read this I thought it was Downy coming out of the closet...

I can see the negatives (I don't read topics I don't have any interest in so I wouldn't know about forum behavior) but in the chat it seems to me the joking is normally good natured and between friends.  Of course, I've seen in the past where joking can go too far especially as it's hard to determine tone on the internet. 

Which is why we really need a sarcasm font...

• Like 1

Well, there will always be some sort of disliking to anything that is popular, even here. Yes, I like the HDN series, and I do show my appreciation of the series on this site, but I don't take it to the extreme (not that I know anyone that actually does this). The whole concept of the original game was what made me get the game. Then after hearing that the later games were better in terms of gameplay and the fact that I enjoyed the characters and the story, I got mk2 a few days after beating the original, then 2-3 months later, I got Victory. I ended up both cringing and laughing my ass off at some of the fanservice scenes, but I never did anything perverted in response to it.

Quite similar to another series I do personally enjoy, the Call of Duty series. I don't play the games for the multiplayer, nor do I play the games because you can digital avatars without consequence. I had interest from the story's concept and the setting, and they're sometimes thought provoking: the mission "No Russian" in MW2 has you killing innocent civilians at a Russian airport, but I was shocked enough by the whole thing that I did not fire a single bullet until there were enemies actually shooting at me. But do the games cause me to go out and kill people because I can do it here? No, because I know the difference between what's right and wrong here, and I know that killing has serious physical, legal, and psychological consequences.

Point is, just because someone has interest in something different than the norm (in this case, games that have fanservice that feature characters who appear to be underage - which I will say in terms of HDN, quite a number of those characters are not underage, though some are) doesn't make them some pervert, or pedophile, or killer, or in general, some bad person who doesn't belong in society.

Ending this, I will say, conversations like these are possible to bring us together, as long as we respect everyone's opinions. (except for those whose opinions are anti-humanitarian and just straight-up wrong)

Edited by BlueFireReaper

We both know you've done a bunch of 9/11 jokes i'm more bothered about the fact you make any and sometimes out of the blue for no reason. The fact is you just bring up 9/11 very easily and its depressing there's multiple instances.

If you want to make amends stop segregating and don't troll people I see it constantly. Saying one nice thing does not redeem a bunch of bullying that I've seen you doing. Be consistent and i'll trust, agree and even support you if anyone gives you a hard time. But don't tell me you've changed when within the last week I've seen you make 9/11 jokes and on top of that this topic seems more about you being a self appointed spokes person. Let's face it if someone else wrote the opening post you'd have asked who put them in charge or just trolled.

Let's face it, you're going on a seriously biased view here. For starters you're acting like I'm the only person on the internet who's bought up the topic of 9/11, and while I may have done a "bunch" of 9/11 jokes, they haven't been consistent enough for me personally to consider them to do any harm whatsoever. That being said I can understand where you're coming from and that sense of humor isn't your area, like most people, however I've raised my sense of humor in a way that others may not agree with - which sometimes causes the line of what I and some of my friends find ways to laugh at compared to others blur out quite a bit.

That mentioned topic was what, two weeks ago now, so it wouldn't be the "last week" of change and hell if you see me as a "self appointed spokesperson" then by all means keep that view. If somebody else had made the topic, I would've taken it seriously because it's something I've been wanting to talk about for a while now, so if anyone was actually planning to do it, Kudos.

I was talking about people arguing about this topic in the chatbox.

So already this has caused that arguement and people are already disagreeing about the games here. Its only a matter of time before someone loses their cool.

Hence we all need to come to an understanding of eachother before someone loses their cool. Now I am aware of the arguement that had occured in the chatbox, and both individuals involved are quite opinionated in their own manner and I can assure you that it didn't get out of hand, just a little heated.

Did you know that the age of consent in Japan is 13? Might help in understanding why there are lots of sexualized young teenagers in Japanese things, it's acceptable there. However not so acceptable in many western countries. So characters have their ages upped to, usually 16/18+ for western released. Just one of the many cultural differences people find it difficult at times to understand.

I knew there was something that I'd missed - however my friend had only told me this when I asked if it was legal for Kirito and Asuna to be doing what they doing :awesome:

It's true the age of consent is 13 but all municipalities and prefectures have their own particular laws such as Tokyo's “Youth Protection Law” which prohibit adults from having sex with youths who are under 17 years old. In other words, Japan also holds that adults having sex with children is wrong/abusive/disgusting/an abuse of power.

However I will say that in my mind there has always been a separation between 2D and real life. It's strange that I don't find loli stuff offensive but then again most of my plats come from games like Akiba's Trip, Monster Monpiece, and Senran Kagura. The disconnect intrigues me. I am also a feminist (and a woman) the believes sexuality can lend power to women. I guess my disconnect stems from Sailor Moon being my first anime. She's 14 years old for the majority of the series but in my elementary school mind middle school = adult. I also associate anime with my "safe space" since I grew up in an abusive home so maybe I created a division between my "safe space" and reality to endure? Either way there's some cognitive dissonance going on.

In regards to the Nep Nep community here - I have seen some ill feelings regarding them. When one of the first Nep threads first started I peeked in, mainly to ask about HDN, and was quickly overwhelmed. Not in a bad sense; I simply was confused and had no idea what to do with all the pudding. I'd wager that alot of people who disregard the HDN community were just overwhelmed/confused. Regardless everyone deserves respect.

And you saved me a google to find out if there were any other laws revolving around the 13 year old age limit, thanks Buck.

As for your second paragraph, that's actually pretty deep and makes quite a lot of sense, though I don't feel I can make a reply that makes equal sense - Apologies in advance.

As for the Nep Nep community here, I personally feel overwhelmed by them myself, there's a hell of a lot more than I expected for the franchise and the fanbase keeps building and building, it actually scares me in a way that's pretty foolish, because I know I'm going to get dragged under and into it eventually - though Mass Effect has saved me from that fate this time.

You shouldn't have said that =D Now all arguments will not make sense =D

I would appreciate if you tried to speak properly :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Since it's topic about talking, you know? :P

(I'll remove the emotes for now, they're messing with my eyes. If I forget to put them back on then apologies EDIT: I forgot... Please use one specific emote so It's a little easier for me next time :( )

Firstly, you ay all arguments will not make sense, yet Buck immeadiately posts to negate the use of the law in this instance... unless you're under 17 in which case by all means go and grab a kiddy meal (please dont)

Additionally, you're picking on the way that somebody speaks in a thread that ha- wait...no... somebody's going to come around and pull the hypocrisy card on me again :hmm: I really should've tried to clean that slate on the way to making this thread

I'd actually like to hear your opinion on this though Satoshi, if you wouldn't mind...

When I first read this I thought it was Downy coming out of the closet...

Not today, you bi-

Which is why we really need a sarcasm font...

Oh. Good call, get us that font in.

Well, there will always be some sort of disliking to anything that is popular, even here. Yes, I like the HDN series, and I do show my appreciation of the series on this site, but I don't take it to the extreme (not that I know anyone that actually does this). The whole concept of the original game was what made me get the game. Then after hearing that the later games were better in terms of gameplay and the fact that I enjoyed the characters and the story, I got mk2 a few days after beating the original, then 2-3 months later, I got Victory. I ended up both cringing and laughing my ass off at some of the fanservice scenes, but I never did anything perverted in response to it.

Quite similar to another series I do personally enjoy, the Call of Duty series. I don't play the games for the multiplayer, nor do I play the games because you can digital avatars without consequence. I had interest from the story's concept and the setting, and they're sometimes thought provoking: the mission "No Russian" in MW2 has you killing innocent civilians at a Russian airport, but I was shocked enough by the whole thing that I did not fire a single bullet until there were enemies actually shooting at me. But do the games cause me to go out and kill people because I can do it here? No, because I know the difference between what's right and wrong here, and I know that killing has serious physical, legal, and psychological consequences.

Point is, just because someone has interest in something different than the norm (in this case, games that have fanservice that feature characters who appear to be underage - which I will say in terms of HDN, quite a number of those characters are not underage, though some are) doesn't make them some pervert, or pedophile, or killer, or in general, some bad person who doesn't belong in society.

Ending this, I will say, conversations like these are possible to bring us together, as long as we respect everyone's opinions. (except for those whose opinions are anti-humanitarian and just straight-up wrong)

I think I mentioned earlier that there are usually misunderstandings in the way of how people see specific fans of specific games, HDN would be a prime example... take the signature of Wulfpack3 - a signature that has already been used as a point of debate in this topic before someone starts crying about me picking on a specific person. Dr Mayus - I love you baby but you're getting used in this too - has already displayed what can be described as a misunderstanding in the lines of this specific signature.

The sig contains an image and a gif, the gif of - what I understand from the plotline of mk2(?) - Vert and her Sister jiggling those jugs.

Now the stereotypical view of HDN revolves around young girls getting into provocative situations - as shown in the CG on the OP - and of course if you see some of the CG without actually playing the game or having solid knowledge of the themes you'd be provoked into thinking "Oh fuck, that's hentai".

Now Mayus came in on the quote of Wulf claiming he doesn't play the games for the pervy elements, yet he has the gif of titty jiggle Vert sisters and the signature next to it which uses different CG and a central image of what he described as something "phallic". Now this is what I'd like to present as one of the common views on the series and some of the fans, and it's nobody's fault other than the developers because the characters - other than Compa - obviously have never worn a sweater :dunno:

No Russian is a very extreme example however I'd like to make it clear that you had the option to skip that level, the fact that you still played it keeps towards the "You enjoy killing" view as you still watched it happen, even though the skip was available and it was made very clear at the start of the game AND the level.

------------------------------------------

Thanks for the replies guys, it's definitely nice to see people discuss this and if there were trolls earlier I've clearly missed them :dunno:

Edited by Lilly Satou
  • Like 2

I'd actually like to hear your opinion on this though Satoshi, if you wouldn't mind...

Well, if you quoted my first post, you would see it =D

You should check your own thread more often :D

Anyway, here's what I said.

I actually read the whole thread, including the first post and...

Am I the only one that thinks the problem is on the non-anime side according to the OP?

I'm neither chatbox regular, nor have I seen any of the mentioned "crisis" so I can't contribute much, but don't all arguments start with the non-anime side attacking the anime side?

Feel free to clarify it for me, but that's how it looks to me.

EDIT:And from what I've seen, problems are with threads. In that case... why not avoiding them?

There were suggestions to make Anime section, unfortunately, they were abolished. Maybe now, if you present these issues, Sly may make it. In that case, the "dangerous" threads would be easier to avoid?

But that's what you see  :P Obviously, since it's green, everyone knows it's her ribbon  :awesome:

Well, if you quoted my first post, you would see it =D

You should check your own thread more often :D

Anyway, here's what I said.

I fell asleep half way through the day and got back onto it thorugh a quote that took me to the third page, I actually just noticed it as you quoted me xD

I won't quote you again for the original post, however I can agree on the problem being mainly on the non-anime side in some regards, but it doesn't mean that the anime part of the community hasn't been unknown to passively aggrovate some memebers and in some circumstances provoke the responses that have been posted about.

An Anime section to the site would definitely be a great addition, and if Sly notices this topic - which he probably will one way or another - then can you consider it again?

If not, then I'll let you present that as your idea, and not take any of the credit away from you at all :P

I fell asleep half way through the day and got back onto it thorugh a quote that took me to the third page, I actually just noticed it as you quoted me xD

Lol :D

I won't quote you again for the original post, however I can agree on the problem being mainly on the non-anime side in some regards, but it doesn't mean that the anime part of the community hasn't been unknown to passively aggrovate some memebers and in some circumstances provoke the responses that have been posted about.

I guess so, there's most likely no one who has never trolled even a bit :D

An Anime section to the site would definitely be a great addition, and if Sly notices this topic - which he probably will one way or another - then can you consider it again?

You should direct it to Sly personally :D

I was talking about people arguing about this topic in the chatbox.

So already this has caused that arguement and people are already disagreeing about the games here. Its only a matter of time before someone loses their cool.

People should be free to enjoy the games they like in peace and not have people judge them for it. That is all that needs to be said and done.

No one lost their cool yet so nothing to worry about, this actually turned more into a discussion.

Arguments hmm in chatbox not really so much as some talking behind people's back and considering people a "weeb" is more what I experienced weirdly.

If this gets out of hand I'm sure sly will wipe it out or something or a mod.

So, did anyone play the JP version of Monster Monpiece?

A big problem here is that the games are Japanese. Totally different culture, and the age of consent is much lower. This obviously leads to some awkward moments when they are going for some edgy stuff with some of the characters being as young as they can in the game. I know for a fact that they usually take out most of the underage stuff when they port them to the west. I know for a fact that they've done so in at least two of the games I've played.

In Agarest 2, the whole game is about the male character breeding with one of the female characters to get through several generations. There you have these bathroom mini games, where you literally shake your Move controller or whatever it was up and down really fast over and over. Very exhausting to be honest. Where the you basically rub the female characters as they lose clothing and make sounds. Much like in Monster Monpiece, this improves their stats, though unlike Monster Monpiece they don't permanently lose clothing etc. One of the characters, like many in Monster Monpiece, was underage, and these were censored when the game released where I live. Agarest 2 had the character just removed from the mini-game, while MM just removed some of the pictures.

Another game I played where they censored it was Rune Factory Oceans, where you basically live in a town, talk to people every day and get to know them. In the end, you can pretty close to many of these characters and can marry one of them of your choice in the end. Some of the main girls were sisters, three of 'em, where the youngest was definitely underage. The game still had you doing all the flirting with her and rating her after watching her in bathing suits etc, but IIRC they had taken out the marriage option for her.

Let's say you got an image of someone who looks underage, but you learn their age is well over the age of consent? What happens if you draw a picture of a girl, and it could easily have been marked as someone who is 8 years old, but you say they are over the age of consent?

Also, these are drawings, they're not real people being taken advantage of. "Nobody got hurt during the drawing of this picture". lol

Personally, I don't find much of this, either it be overage or underage, much attracting. Some of it is cute or funny, but often I don't care. It's not my thing. You guys can have all the fun you want with them drawings. I only got a problem with it if real people are exploited because of it.

EDIT:

Totally forgot to mention that I watch a lot of anime. Got tons, way more than 50 series or whatever, got no idea about the actual number, on DVD/blu-ray... Anyways, it's not often there's a lot of underage stuff, but there's often a lot of sexualized stuff. I usually find it funny, not caring or over-the-top-lame. The cute younger characters are usually that, cute, but not something I get turned on by or attracted to, but I can see some people being that. I don't care, what harm does it do anyone?

Edited by MMDE

I don't watch Anime but I do realise that there is a large Anime community on PSN Profiles and all I'd like to say is that I support people who like things which may be seen as 'different' by people that don't understand it. To be honest, I think more people need to have a live and let live attitiude. I like things and expect people to allow me to do so and I also allow people to have that right to like things they like and that's alright.

This Topic makes me think though, Why do people mock things that they don't like or don't understand? Why can't people allow others to have their own interests, beliefs and so on without needing to belitle them for it because it's different to their own? Anime seems to be something that causes division as well as bring about those who mock it because they don't understand it.

Anyways, I usually don't post in an Anime Topic but I wanted to show some support and I think the Original Post on this Topic is very good and the video was interesting to watch also.

Edited by JONNY-1992-_-
  • Like 1

This Topic makes me think though, Why do people mock things that they don't like or don't understand? 

That is exactly why. Since some people don't understand it, they either judge it on a harsh way, or try to mock it to make it look like something not worth understanding. 

I believe life is far too short, and we must be agreeable to what others love, or else possibly be targeted for what we love.

I do believe that art in the 2d world is art. If someone enjoys looking at that specific art, then I do not believe in lessening that enjoyment, even if they want to spread that to others, rather than being silent about what they enjoy. 

Though don't mistake, no-one is required to be affiliated with that person if they don't want to be, just ignore those posts and threads.

However should someone act on that art, and take it to the next level where it is illegal in the real world, then that is an entirely different subject. But that does not seem to be the case in the OPs discussion.

I liked the example someone brought up of shooting digital people. Two different worlds, 2d and real life, but only one is illegal and immoral. Though there are opponents to shooting games, I do not take them seriously.

I personally have racked up weeks worth of hours in watching anime,(currently watching SAO a second time) and though I myself don't care to watch anime with a lot of fanservice, or more.

That does not mean I don't respect that it gives others enjoyment. Nor will I say anything, as it will not make my life more enjoyable, or theirs in any way. I can only hope to be treated the same way. 

"If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another." - Winston Churchill

:) Now back to my vacation relax1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286251 

• Like 1

If someone wants to judge me based on what I enjoy, they can go ahead. There will always be someone unhappy with something I do. There's more to me than one thing, though I understand it's easier to focus on one point than to spend the time seeing what else there is to that person. Time is precious and the amount of things to get done is already great. I like the comparison of this to other things, like violence. I could equally judge someone and think bad of them for enjoying being the cause of violent behavior in a game. But I don't. What you do in games doesn't always reflect how you would act in life. Just like what people chose to write in fiction doesn't always reflect their own morals.

I enjoy violence in video games. It calms me down when I'm frustrated or angry. Doesn't mean I agree with it on real people and am more likely than most to go out and kill someone. But than violence has always been more acceptable in the fictional world.

Not understanding something isn't a reason to make someone else feel bad or make fun of them, if that's what was going on, or judging them solely because "most people play/watch it for less innocent reasons." We like different things for different reasons. No one has to like everyone, but they don't have to put them down, either. Nor does anyone have to understand why people like something. Anyone who is being given a hard time, well, there are better things to do with your time than engage it. A stranger's opinion is meaningless. Assuming what you're doing doesn't harm anyone.

• Like 2

10/10 good shitpost

My note: So after reading this I thought John had a point for a while, but I think the main post just loses its point and becomes a very long shitpost.

As far as I know John has been guilty of the same points he's warning against for years. Its hard when you're the guy who's trying to stop people but at the same time you were on the other side a while back. You're causing more issues with a post like this than otherwise, and from what I read the sum up is basically "we need to talk".

The anime community always get shit on because there are people who take anime (especially hentai) to the level of everyday conversations, quoting, using links and pictures in their conversations etc. On the other hand, A lot of people also do not like that sort of thing, and do not wish to see it. I am not a fan of hentai, I think Anime is fine, I've only ever seen a few anime like Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Attack on Titan, etc but I try not to bring it up into another conversation or into something which doesnt relate to it in any way at all. There are off topic threads where you can discuss things related to your topic with people you like but dear god dont bring it to places like the chat or other threads and force people who dont need to see it to go through with it. People are never going to fully accept it just because of the stereotypes that have already been created. A lot of anime/hentai can get away with things like pedophilia etc, but that doesnt mean it should be brought up here. People will still be called weebs if they keep bringing up anime/hentai all the time. 

The reason the stereotype was created was because thing like hentai exists. just accept people will hate on it but they have their reason and they're not worth arguing with or talking to in the first place.

One person isn't a fan of it? Guess I wont bring it up to him or post him this stuff.

One person likes anime? Cool I'll share what I like with him.

Wow, I wish I could give multiple likes to a post, you pretty much summed up my thoughts better than I ever could've expressed them. Haven't seen you post much, but you definitely should post more. Nice to see some calm and intelligent points without it even vaguely going into a rant.

Edited by Superbuu3

This reeks similar to that of a guy that just got out of jail for triple homicide and then stands on the corner with a Bible, yelling at people and calling them all sinners. How that person can take it upon themselves to attempt to be the voice of reason and moderate between everyone in a community is beyond me but, I'll surely listen to the hypocrisy to see if a strong enough point is being made to warrant a mature discussion.

As someone that could be seen as "being on the side of those that don't identify as/with the anime/hentai community", I'd like to add a point that may be of some service to this discussion.

I'm in no way about to tell someone that they can't like something. As a matter of fact, I'll fight to the death to defend their personal right to do just that. The only real issue comes when it clearly goes past the point of obsession for someone and it becomes a non-stop spewing, of what some may deem to be questionable material, in every facet of their life, causing many others to feel overwhelmed and quite uncomfortable.

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 3

This reeks similar to that of a guy that just got out of jail for triple homicide...

Wait...What? How is that even slightly comparable to... what...? :|

...and then stands on the corner with a Bible, yelling at people and calling them all sinners.

Right... So I couldn't have robbed a bank and then yelled at people, I've got to be the serial killer? The hate is real. Right, shall we get onto the part of your post that actually matters?

As someone that could be seen as "being on the side of those that don't identify as/with the anime/hentai community", I'd like to add a point that may be of some service to this discussion.

The "anime/hentai" community...?

Unfortunately I don't think you can call those communities seperate, though the fact that you've mentioned both regardless either shows a slight misunderstanding or an objective to bait and trigger... I'd like to think it's the misunderstanding rather than the latter... But I'd rather not take any chances, seeing as you're knowledgable in that aspect

I'm in no way about to tell someone that they can't like something. As a matter of fact, I'll fight to the death to defend their personal right to do just that. The only real issue comes when it clearly goes past the point of obsession for someone and it becomes a non-stop spewing, of what some may deem to be questionable material, in every facet of their life, causing many others to feel overwhelmed and quite uncomfortable.

And you'd be able to tell what every facet of their life is from the screen of a computer?

Yes, you may be able to tell if people are overwhelmed and uncomfortable, however you cannot determine a persons life from the screen - unless you're into all that camera hacking crap and that's illegal anyways so :dunno:

You may see regular content of the same questionable nature, but this doesnt define every facet of a person's life - alas, that may be the one place for someone to share or let it all out, whereas they don't feel that welcome anywhere else ect.

If I think somebody fancies anime A bit too much , I just don't like their post haha. Oh you platinumed something ..... Go to give them a like, realise that they have what looks like a little girl with jiggling boobs on their signature. No likes from me.

There are enough people out there that make the anime community unsavoury for it to be a reasonable stereotype. I would never call somebody out on it though. And I'm not stupid enough to assume everybody is the same. I used to like anime a lot . I would never post a picture of my favourite character with boobs bigger then her head as my avi. And I see a lot of that.

Your post makes a good point , but so do the people , ( in some cases) who are turned off off by the overuse of anime because of the over sexualisation of some Avis, signatures. Well that what turns me off the community anyways. But 8/10 times , I'm thinking oh that's some nice art . And the other times I'm thinking ew really.

Edited by Kyomi-Okami
  • Like 3

Unfortunately I don't think you can call those communities seperate, though the fact that you've mentioned both regardless either shows a slight misunderstanding or an objective to bait and trigger... I'd like to think it's the misunderstanding rather than the latter... But I'd rather not take any chances, seeing as you're knowledgable in that aspect

I think you might have had a typo... I'm pretty sure that the anime and hentai communities are separate. Some may belong to both, but not all people belong to both groups. Isn't that what the point of this thread was?

• Like 3

I never really had a problem with the anime community/fanbase here. Or at least I never felt like it was shoved in my face constantly. The only thing I feel has been shoved in my face constantly is that Prinny stuff, but I try to ignore it. I don't mind the avatars and things like that even if it starts treading in Rule 34 territory because I just see it as different strokes for different folks. I mean I love JoJo's and would love it if the JoJo's community was as big as say the HDN one here, but I know better than to constantly bring it up when there's nothing to warrant it. But if anything I always felt like the anime community here were the most welcoming. Maybe I just haven't seen the whole thing that people don't like, I don't know. But I feel like there's no "right" way to solve whatever is going on except some people take into consideration that not everyone is in to whatever they are in to.

• Like 3

Wait...What? How is that even slightly comparable to... what...? :|

Pretty good analogy. He isn't being directly comparable he's taking a similar thing and taking it to the extreme to showcase the "fault" in your argument.

Right... So I couldn't have robbed a bank and then yelled at people, I've got to be the serial killer? The hate is real. Right, shall we get onto the part of your post that actually matters?

You misunderstood the analogy, If you robbed a bank and then yelled at people not to steal it would be hypocrisy in the making.

They are not the same. That is like saying that the Commercial Fishing community and the Blast Fishing Community is the same thing... Though one can argue they are the same thing, in practice they are not. It seems that you are, so to say, discouraging on FDGs post being any legitimate without even reading what he has to say. I am personally an anime fan, I've watched DBZ, Naruto, Sailor Moon, AoT, etc but I've never been inclined to watch hentai or venture to R34 websites unless someone linked it to me to prove something. I definitely do not define myself as any of the part of the hentai community. I think by making this statement you categorically offend a lot of the Anime community that your main post is trying to ... defend ??? who's side are you on. Are you here to defend Anime, Hentai or Both. Are you trying to make hentai the norm to those who watch anime? "we need to talk"

And you'd be able to tell what every facet of their life is from the screen of a computer?

Obviously not, you're digressing by picking out the wrong terms. He's clearly referring to visible life that others can see. Of course the computer screen doesn't show us how a person is in real life, but it doesn't mean that what you do online is NOT what you are irl. There is no reason why you can't take that conclusion. Think about it, people tend to act differently at work, to at their social circle to their solitary. The computer screen doesn't tell us how you act in any of those manners, it just tells us a general view you set yourself to be in. People tend to assume things from information/data given to them and not from information they are missing... You dont do a theory based on information you dont know as your hypothesis is bollocks. You do a theory based of the data that is visible to you and what facts you know.

Yes, you may be able to tell if people are overwhelmed and uncomfortable, however you cannot determine a persons life from the screen - unless you're into all that camera hacking crap and that's illegal anyways so :dunno:

Irrelevant

You may see regular content of the same questionable nature, but this doesnt define every facet of a person's life - alas, that may be the one place for someone to share or let it all out, whereas they don't feel that welcome anywhere else ect.

true true but if you're sharing it here and not all the people are welcoming it surely it is also the wrong place to share it. Surely there is a place DEDICATED to that content where you can discuss and share it in the matter that satisfies you the most where everyone. I think your reply is too focused on one term FDG used rather than a legitimate response.

EDIT: Formatting and spelling

Edited by 771goDartlU
  • Like 2