Project Platinum: Challenge Accepted! (PS3)

Hemiak

It's not on the EU psn store?  I know a couple gamers from your neck of the woods who have played the game, so I didn't think it was that hard to find.  And sorry about the states comment, I saw your Miami, 1989 location and went from that originally. >.<

No, unfortunately it's not, unless it's been delisted. Also, don't worry about that xD My location was a reference to Hotline Miami :)

I did find this link, but clicking "Buy Download" takes me to a page that says "Unable to Find This Page".

Edited by LeetWolf2

Got a few of these started and some more in my backlog, could be the push i need to get them done. :)

Okay, but what about people outside America that don't have the ability to buy NA PSN codes to buy the game digitally?

can get psn codes for US from cdkeys.com and setting up a US account is easy.

Edited by Leenewbe

No, it's not unfortunately unless it's been delisted. Also, don't worry about that xD My location was a reference to Hotline Miami :)

Lol, I figured that out after I took a 2nd look.  Any way you could do what L33N3W83 suggested?  It's a perfect game for the thread and most people are able to get it without too much trouble.

I'll take a "Too Easy" please (with plats in 3-D Dot Game Heroes BEFORE patching, as well as Catherine). This gives me a reason to finish finally El Shaddai as well.

Add me as International Ninja, i got Wipeout HD, Vanquish, SOTC and Mamorukun Curse!  B)

Gotta plat these games in the future.

EDIT: Does Sonic Unleashed count?

Added you both.  We have another silver rank! 

Unfortunately Sonic is getting his own PP thread, so I can't take Unleashed or Sonic & All stars (not sonic & sega) racing.

Edited by Hemiak

can get psn codes for US from cdkeys.com and setting up a US account is easy.

Any way you could do what L33N3W83 suggested?  

All the US PSN cards are out of stock, there seriously must be a better way of getting the game for cheap. I'm not saying this exclusively for this project platinum, I just feel that listing games that aren't readily available for a reasonable price, in the main regions that people on the forum are from ends up causing people to be excluded.

Let's say for example that you managed to find me a way to get the game for cheap, either digitally or physically. That's great for me, but what about other users that are unable to buy PSN codes online, or they live in a region where they cant access another region's store for whatever reason? I'm not trying to stir up the pot and get a game removed so it makes it easier to get the platinum for this thread, I just don't want anyone excluded just because they couldn't get a certain game that everyone else can. The games listed are hard enough, and imagine going through platting them all except for one and then realising you can't get the thread's platinum, because you can't get a copy of the game.

In the end, its up to you since it's your thread and I'll still be a part of this project platinum either way. Like I said, I'm not trying to start drama or anything and I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to start an argument or anything either >.< Sorry if it's coming across that way

Edited by LeetWolf2

, or they live in a region where they cant access another region's store for whatever reason? 

I'm not sure if this can actually happen.

Store is still the same, the only thing that changes is the account you log into it with (talking about PC store), so the person in question would be unable to access their own store, and consequently, be unable to purchase anything apart from physical version which is imo against PSN terms of service.

Being unable to purchase different region PSN cards is something else, yea.

I'm not sure if this can actually happen. Store is still the same, the only thing that changes is the account you log into it with (talking about PC store), so the person in question would be unable to access their own store, and consequently, be unable to purchase anything apart from physical version which is imo against PSN terms of service. Being unable to purchase different region PSN cards is something else, yea.

It was just an example, I just think that if games should be featured in a Project Platinum then they should be available in all regions at a reasonable price so no one is excluded.

It was just an example, I just think that if games should be featured in a Project Platinum then they should be available in all regions at a reasonable price so no one is excluded.

Most of the games are available for everyone, but sometimes people need to do a bit extra to get the game like importing or with mamorukun's case buy it on a different psn store. It only takes 5 minutes if not less to set up an account for a different region. and the game is only 5 dollars.

I have a site were i can buy psn codes for any region, but i don't think that will help you since its dutch and you can only pay in euro's. All you need to do is search google. Im pretty sure they you'll be able to find it.

I picked it up on sale from the NA psn store for $2 about two months ago. I'm not even sure it has a physical release here.  I had no idea it was such a specialty item over there.

Edit:  I just picked up the Carnival Island plat, which moves my total up to 7 for the thread, huzzah!  I think I came in as the 3rd fastest achiever.  About 19 hours spent in total.

Gratz on the plat, i still have this one in my backlogg. Is it hard like people say or just luck based?

Play Asia does US cards so you could just use that which is a reputable site. Likewise for US cards you can just use the US Amazon if you're willing to put a US billing address in for them. If you have a UK account and US account you'll be able to get 99% of games at a reasonable price, probably excluding Japanese only titles, though Play Asia also does prepaid cards for the jpn store if you're interested in those. It's not difficult to get cards for other stores, nor is it difficult to create an alt account for a different region so honestly I would say all the games here are easily accessible at a reasonable price. I know I've been able to get them all at a reasonable price and according to your psn you're UK too so you should have no issues either.

Count me in for "Passing Through" with Wipeout... I'll break my nails on this one...

Sounds good. Good luck!

*snip

*snip

It sounds like it shouldn't be too much trouble to get a hold of this game. You might have to add a step or two, but if you were willing to import at a reasonable price, this should be about the same amount of effort, and much cheaper and probably faster.

@Clawz - I didn't find it super difficult, but I'm pretty familiar with the move and pretty coordinated in real life. 70% of the trophies are easily doable for anybody. The stopper is completing the 306 challenges. 250 aren't difficult at all, 50 are going to take some real work, but only about 5/6 are really difficult. (My experience estimates) almost every challenge has a luck/skill trade-off. I would call it a solid 7/8, not one challenge was harder then getting 3* on advanced challenge 4 on Skydive, but there are a hell of a lot more of them. It feels pretty damn good though every time you clear another event.

Edited by Hemiak

Thanks dude, i started Battle Fantasia right now :), the gold trophy is going to be a pain in the *** :S but i am going to do the other trophies first.

very cool man. BF and R4O are the only ones I don't own yet. Been waiting on a sale.

I'm now 5 trophies away from the 3d dot plat. Need three more swords, max giga sword, visit all locations, clear From mode, and finish with princess restored. Beating the game will bet me the last three of those hopefully. I'm pretty sure I've been everywhere but the final tower. For the three swords, two are bought from king block( I just need three more small blocks to afford both), and perfect clearing all five tower defense games (which will net me 5 small blocks) I did the first run blind and found over 30 small blocks there, picked up 15 or so on Spelunker and so I didn't need to do and extra grinding for them in my final run. Yay!

FYI: I decided since it was such a mark of honor to do the dash circuit pre-patch, I wouldn't move on until I did them both (as originally intended). It really wasn't that much more annoying. Took me 5-10 extra tries on each of them.

So I popped the 3D Dot Game Heroes plat last night, moving me up to 8 games. We now have our first gold rank member.

Nice dude :)

Ugh... i am having a hard time doing BattleFantasia's Gold trophy for 4 days, i can parry Deathbringer's attacks without too much problem but i suck getting the rhythm when he does Apocalipse Flame (I did parry his super like 4 times but most of the time i can't, even using a metronome set at 212 :| ).

Edited by maurocastronovo

Nice dude :)

Ugh... i am having a hard time doing BattleFantasia's Gold trophy for 4 days, i can parry Deathbringer's attacks without too much problem but i suck getting the rhythm when he does Apocalipse Flame (I did parry his super like 4 times but most of the time i can't, even using a metronome set at 212 :| ).

Sounds rough man. I feel you, after finally popping Pier Solar I went back to work on MGR:R, I can't imagine beating Monsoon without getting hit. I need to Git Gud fo' sho'.

Too easy!

I've got the Shadow of the Colossus, one of my proudest plats.

Catherine is on my shelf and I've been dying to go back to it forever. I've never actually finished Child of Eden, such a beautiful game, dunno if I can handle that plat though. Mirror's Edge I should finish, I just hate the trials with a passion. I've been wanting to pick up Vanquish and 3D Dot Heroes, both look like awesome games but I no has. I'd also need to buy El Shaddai as I played an old room mate's copy. Interesting game, been considering playing it again some day.

I don't even want to do think about that Dyad plat...

Edited by MagicSandwych
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this probably isn't enough to rank me up but whatever. Got the platinum for Shadow of the Colossus. =)

Working on Raiden IV slowly, it will be done soon!

Nice work. You are now one more plat from a rank up, so R4O will get you there. You'll also have the honor of being the first/only one in the thread with that plat. :highfive:

How was I not aware of this PP before!? xD

I currently have two platinums from the games listed which are:

• Catherine
  • Vanquish
I'm hoping to get the platinum in Shadow of the Colossus one day too. :)
Sounds good man.

I'll add you and make the changes for S4V4G3 when I get home.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1