Project Platinum: Challenge Accepted! (PS3)

Hemiak

Sign me up for Too Easy

1Le3161a.png

Though I'm hoping to complete Catherine, WipEout HD, and Mirror's Edge someday too.

-Games must have 7.5(+) mean score here:
PS3 platinum difficulty thread

I'm seriously doubting how reliable that thread is:

10.0 (9.10) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (51-75 hours)

It seems to be missing a zero at the end of those two numbers.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Sign me up as an International Ninja for now please.

I have plats in:

3D Dot Game Heroes

Shadow of the Colossus

Mirror's Edge

Dyad

Mamorukun Curse

Catherine

Will be aiming to get a few more of these done too though for sure. Want at least that gold if not the plat award eventually. xD

Should add Razing Storm to the list.  I'll take the hit and help people boost the MP trophies ;)

Razing Storm takes too long to complete, which is why it isn't on the list.

• Like 1

added

the difficulty thread is a guide, not the end all be all.  I did not add Skydive as I've played it, and it is definitely not hard enough.  The diff keeps going down every time I look.

I don't know where you found that link, but it definitely wasn't my thread.  Funny thing is they dropped a zero, and it still doesn't qualify.  The times on that thread are all jacked, go to the actual trophy guide for each game if you want a more accurate guess at how long they'll take.

added Zajac0000 as well :P  I'll put the links in later, now off to work.

Edited by Hemiak

added

the difficulty thread is a guide, not the end all be all.  I did not add Skydive as I've played it, and it is definitely not hard enough.  The diff keeps going down every time I look.

I don't know where you found that link, but it definitely wasn't my thread.  Funny thing is they dropped a zero, and it still doesn't qualify.  The times on that thread are all jacked, go to the actual trophy guide for each game if you want a more accurate guess at how long they'll take.

Oh, I was refering to the amount of hours needed to complete the game. SO4 takes about 400+ hours, yet that guide lists it as 51-75 :facepalm:.

I think Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 is missing :X 

atleast rocksmith with 36-50 hours

I really wonder about this: -Games must have < 55 hrs avg. estimated plat time

Why is that? difficulty rating and platime should be completly independent from each other. 

Edited by cybershark91

I've been waiting for this PP, sign me man. Seems I'm only in the "Too Easy" category for now since I only have 3(Shadow of the Colossus, Mamorukun Curse!, and Dyad) dood

Sign me up for Too Easy

1Le3161a.png

Though I'm hoping to complete Catherine, WipEout HD, and Mirror's Edge someday too.

LOL that is about how long it takes to get both 30k BTs dood xD

Sign me up for Too Easy. I only have the platinum in 3D Dot Game Heroes. Well, technically I'm saving it for the Platinum Rain Day but the only trophy I have left is maxing out the Giga Sword and all I have to do is simply buy the last upgrade. I have a few more of these games in my backlog and plan on buying some others so hopefully I'll move up the ranks eventually. My controllers might not be safe if I want to reach "A God is Born" rank.  :)

Why is WipEout HD listed as Digital only when it's also available on disc, and why is Vanquish listed as Disc only when it's also available on the PSN store (and it was free with PS+ too)?

EDIT: You might want to mention that you can only get trophies in US editions of Battle Fantasia as I'm pretty certain you can't with the EU & JP editions (although I don't have the game myself so I can't confirm this).

Edited by Stevieboy

I am so tempted to demand that all of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix (save re:Coded) be added to the list, some of the mini-challenges are EEEEEEVIL. But anyways, if I can get it rented, I could join with Too Easy with Shadow of the Colossus HD - I remember playing the game on PS2 and man was it amazing. Being forced to do the dread time attacks will make it interesting. :D

Other than 3D Dot Game Heroes(it's hard? Better take that off of my A-Z list!), I can't feel any of the other games on this list.

I've got 4. SOTC, Catherine, Wipeout HD & Mirror's Edge. Probably won't get more. A few of these games seem quite bad. If the game ain't fun, i don't bother. And I understand why there isn't GTA IV, Dead Space 2, Killzone 2, an MGS or 1 of the Souls, but wouldn't a game like Modnation Racers fit rightfully in this? As overrated as the poll can be... 

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/modnation-racers/50882-platinum-difficulty-rating-13.html

Sign me up for bronze, I've got the Mamorukun Curse plat. I have over 5 of these games in my backlog too so hopefully I'll get a few more soon.

Add me to this please. I only have the plat in WipEout HD at the moment though.

Add me to the just passing through :D im planning to start curse soon and got a few of them in my backlog.

Sign me up for Too Easy. I only have the platinum in 3D Dot Game Heroes. Well, technically I'm saving it for the Platinum Rain Day but the only trophy I have left is maxing out the Giga Sword and all I have to do is simply buy the last upgrade. I have a few more of these games in my backlog and plan on buying some others so hopefully I'll move up the ranks eventually. My controllers might not be safe if I want to reach "A God is Born" rank. :)

Nice! Can you add me under "Too Easy"? I just have 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Added.

I think Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 is missing :X

atleast rocksmith with 36-50 hours[/size]

I really wonder about this: -Games must have < 55 hrs avg. estimated plat time

Why is that? difficulty rating and platime should be completly independent from each other.

What it boils down to is that there're a ton of "hard "games. I needed to put some limits on it or this thing would've had a ridiculous amount of games. Yup the 55 hrs is a bit arbitrary but that's what I chose to limit the scope of the thread.

Why is WipEout HD listed as Digital only when it's also available on disc, and why is Vanquish listed as Disc only when it's also available on the PSN store (and it was free with PS+ too)?

EDIT: You might want to mention that you can only get trophies in US editions of Battle Fantasia as I'm pretty certain you can't with the EU & JP editions (although I don't have the game myself so I can't confirm this).

I didn't realize either of those two things. In any case, I was just doing it to try to be helpful but apparently I failed, lol. I just removed all of those so it should be a little cleaner/more accurate. Also, didn't know that about BattleFantasia, I'll add a note. Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

I've got 4. SOTC, Catherine, Wipeout HD & Mirror's Edge. Probably won't get more. A few of these games seem quite bad. If the game ain't fun, i don't bother. And I understand why there isn't GTA IV, Dead Space 2, Killzone 2, an MGS or 1 of the Souls, but wouldn't a game like Modnation Racers fit rightfully in this? As overrated as the poll can be... 

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/modnation-racers/50882-platinum-difficulty-rating-13.html

added.

I looked at modnation, but didn't add it for a couple reasons.

First off the trophies are glitchy as hell and many people have problems with that. Second most people agree that the grind for the plat is way longer than 50 hrs. Also, almost every person who voted in the platinum difficulty thread and gave it a high number, did so because of the online xp grind, not due to the actual difficulty of the game.

added.

I looked at modnation, but didn't add it for a couple reasons.

First off the trophies are glitchy as hell and many people have problems with that. Second most people agree that the grind for the plat is way longer than 50 hrs. Also, almost every person who voted in the platinum difficulty thread and gave it a high number, did so because of the online xp grind, not due to the actual difficulty of the game.

Skeptical about the first, might argue with you a bit about the second, inclined to agree with you about the third   :)

Edited by gohabsgo31price
  • Like 1