Project Platinum: Challenge Accepted! (PS3)

Hemiak

Got the  :platinum: for Shadow of the Colossus. That puts me up to 3 games (Catherine, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Shadow of the Colossus) so just 1 more to move up a rank. Might try to revisit Mirror's Edge sometime soon. That game is staying in the PP isn't it? Can't remember if you decided to just add a badge for the new ME or if you were removing the original.

Yep, Mirror's Edge is staying until there's a PP that it is more suitable for. Until then, he will cook up a badge for those who have both ME and Catalyst. :D

• Like 2

Hemiak sign me up for Too Easy please :D

• :platinum: Wipeout HD

On my backlog

• :platinum: Vanquish
  • :platinum: Mirror's Edge
  • :platinum: Shadow of the Colossus

On my wishlist

• :platinum: Dyad

Added, looks like a good list.

I'll sign up:

• Vanquish
  • Mamoruken Curse!
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes

The only other game that I am going to consider in the future is Catherine, but who knows really.

Added, good luck on your goals.

Got the  :platinum: for Shadow of the Colossus. That puts me up to 3 games (Catherine, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Shadow of the Colossus) so just 1 more to move up a rank. Might try to revisit Mirror's Edge sometime soon. That game is staying in the PP isn't it? Can't remember if you decided to just add a badge for the new ME or if you were removing the original.

Updated, never doubted for a minute.  Awesome job man.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've completed dyad and wipeout

So I have 

VANQUISH

Shadow of the Colossus

I think I can feel why this is called "Challenge Accepted!" I never want to do those again. At a point I wanted to throw my controller but didn't. I don't have the money to buy another so I never threw one.

Both added. 

Leaderboard should be up to date and correct across all three threads. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/14/2016 at 0:38 PM, mekktor said:

Sign me up for Just Passing Through, with 4 plats all just around the corner.

Any day now. I swear! 

Added, you can do it. 

On 11/4/2016 at 0:16 PM, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

Sign me up for International Ninja, I have the platinum trophies in Dyad, Catherine, Wipeout HD, Mirror's Edge, and Shadow of the Colossus.

Added, impressive work. 

On 12/11/2016 at 11:29 AM, Lelouch Lamperouge said:

Oh wow I can't believe I got one of the games required here. Mamorukun Curse was effin' hard so sign me up for Too Easy. 

*Murmurs and rants to himself* Can't believe a freaking $3.00 game could be so... 

You're in, Mam Curse was good fun no? 

I removed the cross thread leader board. RIP 2/22/2017

As of the time I removed it, @zajac9999 had a commanding lead of almost 10 games over @maurocastronovo and myself. @escarodasouland @man_with_WDJAT rounded out the top 5. I just figured I was having enough trouble finding the motivation to update these that I'd remove a little work. I hope for at least a little bit that it pushed people to work on games they might not have. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2017 at 11:43 PM, Hemiak said:

Added, you can do it. 

That timing though... I just beat SotC's HTA this week so I won't be just passing through for much longer!

Which gets me thinking... SotC really wasn't that bad - only HTA #3 took a while but even then it was very doable with perseverance. How does it compare to Catherine's Babel and Vanquish's Challenges in terms of pure difficulty, time investment, luck factor, frustration etc?

1 hour ago, mekktor said:

That timing though... I just beat SotC's HTA this week so I won't be just passing through for much longer!

Which gets me thinking... SotC really wasn't that bad - only HTA #3 took a while but even then it was very doable with perseverance. How does it compare to Catherine's Babel and Vanquish's Challenges in terms of pure difficulty, time investment, luck factor, frustration etc?

Unfortunately I think that SotC is probably the easiest thing in this thread. :(

It's more a case of sticking with a good strategy and hoping for a little luck than anything else. Combine that with the fact that most of the HTA times are under 5 min and it's not as bad as its made out to be. 

They're very different games, but I'd say Vanquish challenge 6 was harder than Catherine for me. With Catherine it's about pattern recognition and making snap decisions, Vanquish is pure skill and knowing what to do. 

7 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Unfortunately I think that SotC is probably the easiest thing in this thread. :(

It's more a case of sticking with a good strategy and hoping for a little luck than anything else. Combine that with the fact that most of the HTA times are under 5 min and it's not as bad as its made out to be. 

They're very different games, but I'd say Vanquish challenge 6 was harder than Catherine for me. With Catherine it's about pattern recognition and making snap decisions, Vanquish is pure skill and knowing what to do. 

I was afraid you might say that. I did see it was rated fairly easy in the OP, but then the rarities for each of the three respective trophies were about the same. I guess a lot more casuals played SotC?

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to beat Catherine, but Vanquish sure sounds daunting when you put it like that. I have no idea where my skill ceiling is but I guess I might find out soon enough.

On 22/02/2017 at 9:43 AM, Hemiak said:

Added, you can do it. 

Added, impressive work. 

You're in, Mam Curse was good fun no? 

I removed the cross thread leader board. RIP 2/22/2017

As of the time I removed it, @zajac9999 had a commanding lead of almost 10 games over @maurocastronovo and myself. @escarodasouland @man_with_WDJAT rounded out the top 5. I just figured I was having enough trouble finding the motivation to update these that I'd remove a little work. I hope for at least a little bit that it pushed people to work on games they might not have. 

Sure it was fun......... I mean the characters are really cute and moe but the challenges where a bitch but it wasn't that annoying that I would get mad at it :P 

Thanks for adding me. I keep forgetting we have these PPs xD 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 11:29 AM, Lelouch Lamperouge said:

Oh wow I can't believe I got one of the games required here. Mamorukun Curse was effin' hard so sign me up for Too Easy. 

*Murmurs and rants to himself* Can't believe a freaking $3.00 game could be so... 

If Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z were already in the Baka Hentai PP, I'd say they deserve to be here too. I bought Mugen Souls Z a long time ago from the bargain bin and while I got through the story, the Mugen Field was a living nightmare. :(

41 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

If Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z were already in the Baka Hentai PP, I'd say they deserve to be here too. I bought Mugen Souls Z a long time ago from the bargain bin and while I got through the story, the Mugen Field was a living nightmare. :(

They're both waaaaay too long to be here. Games here have to fall under a 50 hour average time, because otherwise the list gets way too long to quick. The Ninja Gaiden games, Max Payne, and many others all deserve a mention for difficulty, but take close to 100 hours.

There are other games that fit within the rules, but are in other places already, or the sequels don't fit. Dead Space 2 belong here (though 3 and 1 don't fit), Metal gear Rising (has its own thread), etc. etc. 

• 5 months later...

Wow, no updates to this in months. Come on, guys, we've got challenges to accomplish!

Put me down for Just Passing Through, I've started WipEout HD. I also started Dyad a long time ago but haven't gotten back to it yet, and I own but haven't started Shadow of the Colossus.

• 4 weeks later...