Project Platinum: Challenge Accepted! (PS3)

Hemiak

@Clawz - I didn't find it super difficult, but I'm pretty familiar with the move and pretty coordinated in real life. 70% of the trophies are easily doable for anybody. The stopper is completing the 306 challenges. 250 aren't difficult at all, 50 are going to take some real work, but only about 5/6 are really difficult. (My experience estimates) almost every challenge has a luck/skill trade-off. I would call it a solid 7/8, not one challenge was harder then getting 3* on advanced challenge 4 on Skydive, but there are a hell of a lot more of them. It feels pretty damn good though every time you clear another event.

I might eventually get back around to it, but it was pretty rage inducing, and it feels like such a long stretch to complete all the challenges, especially when some of them are frustratingly hard and a bit luck based. It certainly isn't easy though, and you gotta move your actual body and play with the motion censor shit instead of relying on the predictability and precision of button clicks. :\

Also, you forgot to add me on the leaderboard... :S

Edited by MMDE

a few good games there i wish to try and plat, do i need to sign up for that or just submit a game once i finish it?

on my target list -

carnival island

mirrors edge

vanquish

child of eden

el shaddai

If you don't currently have any plats I can add you to the entry level if you want. Or just let me know as you complete games and I'll add you then. Thanks for the interest. 

I might eventually get back around to it, but it was pretty rage inducing, and it feels like such a long stretch to complete all the challenges, especially when some of them are frustratingly hard and a bit luck based. It certainly isn't easy though, and you gotta move your actual body and play with the motion censor shit instead of relying on the predictability and precision of button clicks. :\

Also, you forgot to add me on the leaderboard... :S

I don't think I said it was easy,  but it's not quite as hard as it gets credit for. (imo) a couple of the challenges were definitely frustrating. 

Also,  you're in the Too Easy category for one game for the ps3,  and you're listed on the full leader board with 3 games. I should probably alphabetize each "rank".  I initially set it up by current order in the ps3->ps4->Vita threads,  but it's a pita to find a specific person to update if I don't know how many games they had to start with. 

I'll get everybody updated soon,  I prefer to do it on the actual computer since it's a pain do on my phone. 

• Like 1

Also,  you're in the Too Easy category for one game for the ps3,  and you're listed on the full leader board with 3 games. I should probably alphabetize each "rank".  I initially set it up by current order in the ps3->ps4->Vita threads,  but it's a pita to find a specific person to update if I don't know how many games they had to start with. 

Haha, I thought for sure I wasn't on the list, because I couldn't find myself having 1 point. xD I had 3! :D Problem solved I guess!

Edited by MMDE

If you don't currently have any plats I can add you to the entry level if you want. Or just let me know as you complete games and I'll add you then. Thanks for the interest. 

I don't think I said it was easy,  but it's not quite as hard as it gets credit for. (imo) a couple of the challenges were definitely frustrating. 

I'll get everybody updated soon,  I prefer to do it on the actual computer since it's a pain do on my phone. 

thanks mate, i'll try and get one of them platted and earn my spot!  B)

All updated through here, should be correct on the overall board as well.  I also alphabetized the overall board to make finding names quicker for participants, and myself for updating purposes.  The top 5 will still be updated in the order of achievers, but the rest are equal depending on earned games.  Let me know if you notice any discrepancies.  Thanks for being patient guys.

• Like 2

As some of you may know, BattleFantasia has found a new home. Neku-tan requested it for his Arcsys Fighters PP going up this week, and I honestly believe that that is the perfect place for it. I went through the entire thread and it seems we only had three entrants who earned this platinum when it was required:

Maurocastronovo

Zanzarro

TENCHU_REPPA

ReimiSaionji9742

so here's what I'm going to do.

I'm not reducing any of your total platinums in this thread or on the overall leaderboard, but I put a (-) symbol next to your total. What that means is when you earn your next game from the thread, the (-) will go away and your total will stay as it currently is. I'm creating my first special award category with accompanying badge, which you will all automatically receive. Let me know if anyone has a better suggestion, other than leaving things as they stand. The only person this would have actually dropped a rank is TENCHU, but I know some people have been working hard to climb the overall board.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

As some of you may know, BattleFantasia has found a new home.  Neku-tan requested it for his Arcsys Fighters PP going up this week, and I honestly believe that that is the perfect place for it.  I went through the entire thread and it seems we only had three four entrants who earned this platinum when it was required:

maurocastronovo

Zanzarro

TENCHU_REPPA

ReimiSaionji9742

You forget her..

• 1 month later...

It's a sad sad time in the CA ps3 thread. One of our beloved games got a sequel... That's way too easy to add to the thread. Unfortunately that means that Doom 3 will be moving to the Angels & Demons thread to be with its little brother. It wasn't here long, but it will be missed.

I read back through the thread and only found two people with the Plat.

Diskdocx and (of course)

Maurocastronovo

I'll add your names to the home page and make the same point total changed I made when BattleFantasia for nabbed.

If anyone sees somebody else who posted prior to the move let me know and I'll fix it up. I also need to look at the totals to make sure the move doesn't change any of the rank break points.

This is especially irritating because a couple of us have been working on this game. Ah well, what can you do?

Edit: looked at the new percentages based on the change and silver tier remains at 4 games, but gold dropped down to 7. I'll be making all the changes when I get to my computer this evening.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

It's a sad sad time in the CA ps3 thread. One of our beloved games got a sequel... That's way too easy to add to the thread. Unfortunately that means that Doom 3 will be moving to the Angels & Demons thread to be with its little brother. It wasn't here long, but it will be missed.

As some of you may know, BattleFantasia has found a new home. Neku-tan requested it for his Arcsys Fighters PP going up this week, and I honestly believe that that is the perfect place for it. 

Well...are you taking suggestions to replace those 2 games? I remember buying Doom 3 for this lol doesn't matter anyways :3 

Well...are you taking suggestions to replace those 2 games? I remember buying Doom 3 for this lol doesn't matter anyways :3

I'm always taking suggestions. I won't add game just to fill the spots, but if a good case can be made for a game, I'm willing to add it in.
  • Like 1

I'm always taking suggestions. I won't add game just to fill the spots, but if a good case can be made for a game, I'm willing to add it in.

Mate there's The King of Fighter XIII to replace BattleFantasia and maybe Binary Domain for Doom 3? Just a suggestion :) 

Mate there's The King of Fighter XIII to replace BattleFantasia and maybe Binary Domain for Doom 3? Just a suggestion :)

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately neither game fan be added for these reasons.

Binary Domain - 100 hr Avg Plat time.

KoF13 - seems to meet the requirements, but due to general PP rules, I'd have to add in KoF12, which is 7/10 diff. And 100+ hrs.

At one point I took a hard look at Blur for the thread. It's Def hard enough but there are conflicting time estimates. I personally thought it was under 50 hrs, but guides put it closer to 60.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the  :platinum: for Shadow of the Colossus. That puts me up to 3 games (Catherine, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Shadow of the Colossus) so just 1 more to move up a rank. Might try to revisit Mirror's Edge sometime soon. That game is staying in the PP isn't it? Can't remember if you decided to just add a badge for the new ME or if you were removing the original.

• Like 2