The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So who does everyone think will win Money in the Bank?

I am really thinking they give it to Ambrose. I pitched the idea last year where I said Seth would be champ, Roman would win the Royal Rumble and then Dean would cash in.

Then of course they did the asinine thing and gave the briefcase to Sheamus...but they have a chance to do that again this year :)

Jericho, Cesaro, ADR and Zayn are not winning so the only other option is Kevin...but I still think Dean

Edited by Dr_Mayus

So who does everyone think will win Money in the Bank?

I am really thinking they give it to Ambrose. I pitched the idea last year where I said Seth would be champ, Roman would win the Royal Rumble and then Dean would cash in.

Then of course they did the asinine thing and gave the briefcase to Sheamus...but they have a chance to do that again this year :)

Jericho, Cesaro, ADR and Zayn are not winning so the only other option is Kevin...but I still think Dean

I'm hoping Dean, but a nagging suspicion tells me that Jericho will finally win a MITB, and thus, a feud with Roman will happen. WWE is really trying to find that one heel that everyone will hate more than Roman. 

I'm hoping Dean, but a nagging suspicion tells me that Jericho will finally win a MITB, and thus, a feud with Roman will happen. WWE is really trying to find that one heel that everyone will hate more than Roman. 

But they tried that with Sheamus and people liked Roman for a day...and then went back to hating on him.

Jericho or Kevin are both good enough heels that they might be able to get some Heat on Roman...but the fans are still going to cheer them over him.

The thing is Roman would be fine as champion if WWE would just knock off the "the guy" bullshit. If they had just given up on this "future" of the company quest and just let it happen naturally then less people would have turned on the guy. I mean they could have turned him heel (which he would be so much better as) and then they could always turn him Face later on down the road...but he should be a heel. Just let him be a big motherfucker who beats people up, barely says anything and leave it at that.

But they tried that with Sheamus and people liked Roman for a day...and then went back to hating on him.

Jericho or Kevin are both good enough heels that they might be able to get some Heat on Roman...but the fans are still going to cheer them over him.

The thing is Roman would be fine as champion if WWE would just knock off the "the guy" bullshit. If they had just given up on this "future" of the company quest and just let it happen naturally then less people would have turned on the guy. I mean they could have turned him heel (which he would be so much better as) and then they could always turn him Face later on down the road...but he should be a heel. Just let him be a big motherfucker who beats people up, barely says anything and leave it at that.

I really want to hear Roman rip into the crowd. 

I really want to hear Roman rip into the crowd. 

I am just trying to think of him in the Seth Rollins role. Imagine if he was the one that turned on Ambrose/Rollins and just destroyed them with chairs. Then HHH could have been his mouthpiece while Reigns runs roughshod over the roster (instead of being the whiny scaredycat that Rollins was).

Then you build up a Mania event where either Dean or Seth finally get their hands on Reigns and you just built a top babyface and heel in 1 year...instead of the mess they have now.

I have never seen a company try so hard to squash talent that is over just to get a guy that isn't over...over. I mean cut your losses and make Reigns a heel and then you have Rollins, AJ, Sami, Cesaro as your babyfaces...fuck this company is stupid sometimes.

• Like 2

Money In The Bank Predictions:

The Lucha Dragons vs. The Dudley Boyz

The Golden Truth vs. Breezango

Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus - This could be another Corbin/Ziggler feud that never catches on but lasts for months, so I'll say Sheamus goes over here and they trade wins over the upcoming weeks/months.

Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler - Corbin can't lose his first feud.

Rusev vs. Titus O'Neil

Charlotte & Dana Brooke vs. Becky Lynch & Natalya - Charlotte & Dana Brooke should win, go after Lynch & Natalya post-match, allowing Sasha to make the save.

Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio - Owens is the best heel in the company, and he can do so much more with the briefcase than Sheamus did. It won't be Del Rio or Cesaro, Jericho isn't going to be champion again, Zayn isn't there yet, and they were trying too hard to make it look like Ambrose had a chance. There will be a Shield triple threat, but this isn't how they set it up.

The New Day vs. The Club vs. The Vaudevillains vs. Enzo & Cass - They like to have champions retain in fatal four-ways, but I think it's time to take the titles off The New Day. The Club needs to be legitimized, this is a good way to do it. Vince hates the Vaudevillains, and I'm afraid that Enzo & Cass are getting broken up, I think Anderson & Gallows are going over.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena - They'll surely be doing a best of three, Styles needs to win the first one clean. Hopefully match #3 features Styles going over and winning the Smackdown title.

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins - I don't think Roman's losing the title at a B PPV. There are so many things about this match that are ill-conceived, I find it impossible to care honestly. They should do a double turn, but Vince is senile, so they won't. Meh.

Edited by AxeToFall18

I am just trying to think of him in the Seth Rollins role. Imagine if he was the one that turned on Ambrose/Rollins and just destroyed them with chairs. Then HHH could have been his mouthpiece while Reigns runs roughshod over the roster (instead of being the whiny scaredycat that Rollins was).

Then you build up a Mania event where either Dean or Seth finally get their hands on Reigns and you just built a top babyface and heel in 1 year...instead of the mess they have now.

I have never seen a company try so hard to squash talent that is over just to get a guy that isn't over...over. I mean cut your losses and make Reigns a heel and then you have Rollins, AJ, Sami, Cesaro as your babyfaces...fuck this company is stupid sometimes.

Very well said. Maybe Roman should have been the one to break up The Shield. I agree with the last part too.

Money In The Bank Predictions:

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins: Roman Reigns Wins after taking 4 pedigree and a Curb Stomp.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena: AJ Styles Wins after John Cena counters the Phenomenal Forearm into the A.A. which AJ will counter into the Calf Crusher.

Money In The Bank match: It's a toss up. Either Kevin Owens, Cesaro, or Dean Ambrose should win, but who knows. If Kevin Owens or Dean Ambrose wins they may cash it in tonight for a good storyline set up before the brand split.

New Day vs. Enzo & Cass vs. Vaudevillains vs. The Club: The New Day it's not the right time for them to drop the titles.

Rusev vs. Titus O'Neil: Rusev he needs to win a few more PPV before he should drop it.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Natalya and Becky Lynch: Natalya and Becky Lynch both of them need a win.

Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus: Apollo Crews his push needs to keep going.

Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango) vs. The Golden Truth (Goldust & R-Truth): Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango) Let Tyler Breeze have a PPV win.

The Dudley Boys vs. The Lucha Dragons: It's a toss up.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin: Baron Corbin his push needs to keep going.

I get what they were doing. Now both Reigns and Rollins will be coming after Dean but honestly I think it would have been better if they had Dean play the Rollins role at mania and cashed in before the match ended and not have Seth win and then lose.

I mean then they could have Seth argue "I still never had my rematch for the title" (completely missing the irony that he lost the title the same way he did to Brock) AND Reigns could be like 'I only lost because of that stupid briefcase again' All 3 members look strong and they still have Dean as Champ with 2 challengers at his heels.

The way they did it though both Reigns and Seth lost the title...so we have 2 losers and a guy who won by shenanigans. Why can't they ever book people strong  :( They used to know how to do it.

While I'm happy for Dean (all 3 Shield members deserve this success), I'm not looking forward to his title reign. He doesn't entertain me in the ring, I actually think he's boring. He's pretty entertaining on the mic, but we'll see what he does now that he's not chasing the championship.

Overall, 'meh' PPV. Styles/Cena, MITB, and the main event were good. Everything else was either boring or botchy.

• Like 1

Money In The Bank was pretty good.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena was good even with a dirty finish. It's starting to look like the super Cena juice is running dry. I knew that Calf Crusher spot was coming.

Money In The Bank match was great. I could tell Ambrose was going to win after he almost no-sold the KO frog splash.

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins was a good match they work well off of each other and that spear counter was great.

Ambrose cashes in and sets up the Shield triple threat storyline that will be the main event storyline until the brand split.

Everything else was okay.

Last year at Elimination Chamber, when Ambrose 'won' the title in that dusty finish, though I preferred Rollins, I was still kind of happy for him. This year, I was just annoyed and disappointed. I love Ambrose on the mic, but I'm largely unimpressed by his ring work. Rollins is the best talent from the Shield, and I was hoping he'd be able to leave with the belt, but they did what they did. In storyline it works, but I'm just unenthused. Wish Roman hadn't manhandled Seth for 90% of the match, too. He may now be a two-time champion, but he needs to look stronger.

Probably a C PPV. A lot of nothing matches, Cena vs. AJ was probably 4 - 4 & 1/4 stars but the finish didn't do AJ any favors, and MITB was nice but I think KO should've won. Meh indeed.

Anyone else notice the blatant communicating between the workers during the PPV?  Don't know if the mic's on the cameras were ultra sensitive or something but more than once I could here the spots being called plain as day.  Aiden English telling Kofi to "lay on the ropes" in the corner was the worst offender and I also heard Cena telling Styles to "do the spot again" after they botched (which seemed to really happen a lot during the whole event) a rope spot.  It was a really weird/sloppy night.  Still, glad that Rollins got the pin on Reigns and really glad the finally pulled the trigger with Dean.  It was definitely "shit or get off the pot" time for him.  His character couldn't last staying idle for much longer.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

While I'm happy for Dean (all 3 Shield members deserve this success), I'm not looking forward to his title reign. He doesn't entertain me in the ring, I actually think he's boring. He's pretty entertaining on the mic, but we'll see what he does now that he's not chasing the championship.

Overall, 'meh' PPV. Styles/Cena, MITB, and the main event were good. Everything else was either boring or botchy.

Nevermind all that, the boss is back and she wants the gold!  :D  :awesome:  :D

• Like 1

RAW was decent last night. Wasn't disappointed with much...except Bray Wyatt's "return". That was so weak. I just am not interested or intrigued in the slightest about anything to do with Bray or The Family anymore. I am over them. WWE has had so many opportunities to make Bray look good, credible, and dominant, and they've squandered each and every one of those opportunities. Sure, it didn't do The Family any favors to have The New Day come out and interrupt them by performing their usual shenanigans, but even if New Day hadn't interrupted, all we would've heard was more "the rat went into the maze to find the cheese" type talk out of Bray, making no sense at all, as usual. Either way, my overall feeling was, "Who cares? Let's move on to a match please".