The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

3 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I wouldn't mind Cody winning the title. Other than that I don't know what this year will hold. I don't get to see AEW. I have seen a little bit on YouTube. Are you referring to Samoa Joe? I did see Toni Storms debut AEW match, but haven't heard anything else about her. 

Every match I have seen of LA Knight, he has lost. I hear people saying he should be called up. Why? 

It's going to be interesting to have Lawler back on commentary while Cory is on his Honeymoon. 

i am referring to Samoa Joe yes haha 

LA Knight was good in Impact, apparently good on NWA but im not a fan of NWA. Aside from Kamille.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Like I've said, i like Romans promos. But he still sucks. Id actually love to see him get seriously hurt and have to be off tv. See Vince panic and scramble. Better yet have him end up having a career ending incident.

Come on man, you can find a wrestler boring but stuff like this is disgusting. Why would you wish this on anyone? Imagine his leukemia came back or something and he couldn't wrestle for a while. Just a terrible thing to say.

• Like 3

So much Wrestling during this period. 

Night 1

Logan Paul, and his brother, if they were up for it could easily transition into professional wrestling. They have the size, the looks, and personality to be successful in it. Logan had a good performance though the whole Miz betrayal thing at the end was a bit odd. Is this going to continue? Does Logan want to be a face? Well, anyone can be a face against Miz as he has that quality to him but the problem comes when you move past the Miz... Corbin is really the only other guy I can think of that you could present Logan as a face against also, which to me is why Vince seemingly loves Corbin so much. Vince must hate heels getting cheered as much as they do these days and so loves any guy that can get the boos whoever their opponent, hence why face Roman had that 6 month long feud with Corbin that one time. Speaking of that.

On 03/04/2022 at 5:58 AM, Infected Elite said:

- McIntyre vs Corbin was a waste of both... hardly a strong enough win for McIntyre to claim a title shot at Roman after Mania...

Little known fact. Corbin is the last man to pin Roman Reigns. He humiliated Roman during the feud too as it was during the infamous feud where they dumped dog feud on Roman. Beyond Corbin being undefeated going into that much since becoming Happy Corbin, all it would take would be to mention that fact and McIntyre's victory would instantly mean much more. 

Bianca and Becky were great. Stars. Happy Bianca won as nothing would be worse than newer women getting held down by the older like what Charlotte does to Rhea. 

Cody is back and thus far everything is going well. That tattoo... is so unfortunate. At some point I imagine Vince is going to ask him if he can make sure he has that thing away from the hard camera as much as possible. He should certainly be a face and him beating Roman would be great as he hasn't been run over by Roman like everyone else and Cody is fresh, even if you have watched AEW. Only thing that bugs me in all this? No more American Nightmare please. He needs to become the American Dream. Who knows, considering his father's run in the WWF, you could even bring his wife back in which I'm sure would make her, and thus Cody, happy. Beyond Roman as feuds... Seth is there. As HHH can't compete you can have him or Stephanie back someone to take Cody out. A big foreign monster heel would do nicely too, perhaps a certain big Austrian. 

I like watching Ronda as she moves differently to everyone else out and is special. Charlotte beating her was done to just be a surprise I'm sure but whatever the case on that, not a fan. Charlotte is way overpushed and I'll leave it at that. 

Stone Cold stuff... not a huge fan. I'm not a huge fan of seeing guys out there working so limited and having the other guy doing all the work and running themselves into stuff. No one involved in this sort of stuff comes off well. Not Stone Cold, and certainly not Owen's who got beat out there by someone who clearly was having huge trouble performing. It is all a bit of fun of course I understand.

Night 2

Moment Bobby didn't have MVP I knew what was going to happen on RAW, as stupid as it would be. Perhaps the best match Omos has ever had? Ever will? You need to be a real big guy to get something out of such a limited and large man and Bobby certainly is huge... and next to Omos even he looked small. 

It ain't like Sami Zayn has any credibility but still not a fan of a non-sports based celebrity winning like that. Granted, massive interference, but to a lot of people it is going to look like a clown show out there.

Sasha given the tag titles again as a consolation prize. I like her and I like Naomi so as a tag team it should be great... but the women's tag titles are so meaningless and treated as a complete afterthought so... yeah. Not actually the first time her and Naomi have teamed up actually. Reference that? Do something with that? Anything?

Edge is getting a pretty big stable apparently. WWE's House of Black seemingly. Would be tough to be worse than the state those guys are in especially with Edge, who is a top guy, being the leader. Thing is, Edge obviously is old, Damien isn't old in TV years but is physically... so who else is going to join who is going to be the jewel in the crown? 

McAfee performed well as was expected. Theory lost but had a match that was a big deal at mania and has been involved with Vince so that should mean he'll keep climbing, which he deserves as he is very talented. Vince out there was even worse than Stone Cold as Vince has had age catch up with him in a big way. Still very much jacked of course, but he very much is an old man and while he might still be able to pump weights, there are things that he simply can't do anymore. Post match stuff was excellent. Unfortunate stuff on the stunner Vince took but is what it is. 

Roman and Brock had the match you'd imagine in your mind, easily done as the match has been done so many times now. Roman winning was the correct result as Brock on top is a horrible thought and building Roman up this much just to give it to Brock... who they built Roman up so much to beat in the first place... yeah, no. 

I'll mention NXT stuff at some point later. Overall, while the shows had little hype going into it, it overperformed I'd say.

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Come on man, you can find a wrestler boring but stuff like this is disgusting. Why would you wish this on anyone? Imagine his leukemia came back or something and he couldn't wrestle for a while. Just a terrible thing to say.

Funny you should mention that as having his Leukemia flaring back up is something he has said he'd like to have happen. He is improving though. He just wants Roman hurting real bad so he ain't on TV. That is an improvement on wanting Roman dead.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, Rozalia1 said:

So much Wrestling during this period. 

Night 1

Logan Paul, and his brother, if they were up for it could easily transition into professional wrestling. They have the size, the looks, and personality to be successful in it. Logan had a good performance though the whole Miz betrayal thing at the end was a bit odd. Is this going to continue? Does Logan want to be a face? Well, anyone can be a face against Miz as he has that quality to him but the problem comes when you move past the Miz... Corbin is really the only other guy I can think of that you could present Logan as a face against also, which to me is why Vince seemingly loves Corbin so much. Vince must hate heels getting cheered as much as they do these days and so loves any guy that can get the boos whoever their opponent, hence why face Roman had that 6 month long feud with Corbin that one time. Speaking of that.

Little known fact. Corbin is the last man to pin Roman Reigns. He humiliated Roman during the feud too as it was during the infamous feud where they dumped dog feud on Roman. Beyond Corbin being undefeated going into that much since becoming Happy Corbin, all it would take would be to mention that fact and McIntyre's victory would instantly mean much more. 

Bianca and Becky were great. Stars. Happy Bianca won as nothing would be worse than newer women getting held down by the older like what Charlotte does to Rhea. 

Cody is back and thus far everything is going well. That tattoo... is so unfortunate. At some point I imagine Vince is going to ask him if he can make sure he has that thing away from the hard camera as much as possible. He should certainly be a face and him beating Roman would be great as he hasn't been run over by Roman like everyone else and Cody is fresh, even if you have watched AEW. Only thing that bugs me in all this? No more American Nightmare please. He needs to become the American Dream. Who knows, considering his father's run in the WWF, you could even bring his wife back in which I'm sure would make her, and thus Cody, happy. Beyond Roman as feuds... Seth is there. As HHH can't compete you can have him or Stephanie back someone to take Cody out. A big foreign monster heel would do nicely too, perhaps a certain big Austrian. 

I like watching Ronda as she moves differently to everyone else out and is special. Charlotte beating her was done to just be a surprise I'm sure but whatever the case on that, not a fan. Charlotte is way overpushed and I'll leave it at that. 

Stone Cold stuff... not a huge fan. I'm not a huge fan of seeing guys out there working so limited and having the other guy doing all the work and running themselves into stuff. No one involved in this sort of stuff comes off well. Not Stone Cold, and certainly not Owen's who got beat out there by someone who clearly was having huge trouble performing. It is all a bit of fun of course I understand.

Night 2

Moment Bobby didn't have MVP I knew what was going to happen on RAW, as stupid as it would be. Perhaps the best match Omos has ever had? Ever will? You need to be a real big guy to get something out of such a limited and large man and Bobby certainly is huge... and next to Omos even he looked small. 

It ain't like Sami Zayn has any credibility but still not a fan of a non-sports based celebrity winning like that. Granted, massive interference, but to a lot of people it is going to look like a clown show out there.

Sasha given the tag titles again as a consolation prize. I like her and I like Naomi so as a tag team it should be great... but the women's tag titles are so meaningless and treated as a complete afterthought so... yeah. Not actually the first time her and Naomi have teamed up actually. Reference that? Do something with that? Anything?

Edge is getting a pretty big stable apparently. WWE's House of Black seemingly. Would be tough to be worse than the state those guys are in especially with Edge, who is a top guy, being the leader. Thing is, Edge obviously is old, Damien isn't old in TV years but is physically... so who else is going to join who is going to be the jewel in the crown? 

McAfee performed well as was expected. Theory lost but had a match that was a big deal at mania and has been involved with Vince so that should mean he'll keep climbing, which he deserves as he is very talented. Vince out there was even worse than Stone Cold as Vince has had age catch up with him in a big way. Still very much jacked of course, but he very much is an old man and while he might still be able to pump weights, there are things that he simply can't do anymore. Post match stuff was excellent. Unfortunate stuff on the stunner Vince took but is what it is. 

Roman and Brock had the match you'd imagine in your mind, easily done as the match has been done so many times now. Roman winning was the correct result as Brock on top is a horrible thought and building Roman up this much just to give it to Brock... who they built Roman up so much to beat in the first place... yeah, no. 

I'll mention NXT stuff at some point later. Overall, while the shows had little hype going into it, it overperformed I'd say.

Funny you should mention that as having his Leukemia flaring back up is something he has said he'd like to have happen. He is improving though. He just wants Roman hurting real bad so he ain't on TV. That is an improvement on wanting Roman dead.

Since you mentioned that you will mention NXT stuff at a later point, I quoted you. I'm sure you are referring to Stand and Deliver, which I thought was really good. 

Couple things I didn't understand at first, but now I have had time to think about it. Why Bron Breaker lost then turned around and won on RAW. Maybe it was a show case for him on RAW. I didn't get at first why Toxic Attraction lost the belts only to win them right back. Now that Raquel has been called up to Smackdown it makes sense.

I have really enjoyed the last couple weeks of NXT 2.0. I like seeing the young talent that could be future stars. Right now Bron breaker and the Creed Brothers has the look of ones that could excel on RAW or Smackdown. IMO. They may still have work to do and if used right I could see it.

On the women's side, I was just as surprised as most to see Natalya show up, but I totally get it. She is most likely there to work with the younger talent there. Maybe you can answer this question. Why is Cora Jade getting dubbed the future. I have not been impressed with her at all. Most of the matches I have seen (went back and watched a lot of them) she is either losing or getting beat bad and then doing a roll up pin to get a victory. I personally think she needs a lot more work before she can be the future. I know she is very young and could become a big star in WWE one day.

With Ciampa being called up to RAW and Raquel and Gunther to Smackdown, I hope they get used right so they can shine.

Edited by snakebit10

5 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

With Ciampa being called up to RAW and Raquel and Gunther to Smackdown, I hope they get used right so they can shine.

Don't keep your hopes up for that. This is still Vince's WWE, they'll get their names changed one more time and be forgotten in about 2-3 weeks.

36 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Don't keep your hopes up for that. This is still Vince's WWE, they'll get their names changed one more time and be forgotten in about 2-3 weeks.

Oh, you are probably right. That is why I said I hope they are used right. It almost seems like they may be better off staying in NXT, but that wouldn't leave room for new talent just starting out. 

I'll admit it. Even I'm impressed with the booking and presentation of Cody Rhodes so far. I'd be lying if I'm not cheering for him to succeed as well (because I totally am).

Let's just see if it lasts more than 2-3 months. For obvious reasons. They'd be stupid to be stupid about it but we all know who we're talking about here.

Time will tell obviously.

On 14/04/2022 at 2:50 PM, snakebit10 said:

Since you mentioned that you will mention NXT stuff at a later point, I quoted you. I'm sure you are referring to Stand and Deliver, which I thought was really good. 

Couple things I didn't understand at first, but now I have had time to think about it. Why Bron Breaker lost then turned around and won on RAW. Maybe it was a show case for him on RAW. I didn't get at first why Toxic Attraction lost the belts only to win them right back. Now that Raquel has been called up to Smackdown it makes sense.

I have really enjoyed the last couple weeks of NXT 2.0. I like seeing the young talent that could be future stars. Right now Bron breaker and the Creed Brothers has the look of ones that could excel on RAW or Smackdown. IMO. They may still have work to do and if used right I could see it.

On the women's side, I was just as surprised as most to see Natalya show up, but I totally get it. She is most likely there to work with the younger talent there. Maybe you can answer this question. Why is Cora Jade getting dubbed the future. I have not been impressed with her at all. Most of the matches I have seen (went back and watched a lot of them) she is either losing or getting beat bad and then doing a roll up pin to get a victory. I personally think she needs a lot more work before she can be the future. I know she is very young and could become a big star in WWE one day.

Most people find people winning titles on a show only to lose them so soon after stupid, but as long as it is rare then there really ain't a problem. For Bron specifically the thinking would have been that him winning the title on RAW would get him seen by more people. If Bron is pencilled in as the guy who will be the company's top face in future and who finally overthrows the invincible Roman Reigns, then it also makes more sense to get RAW's audience seeing him win.

Cora Jade's rep as "the future" was built off the war games match against Toxic Attraction + Dakota Kai late last year where she was the sole NXT 2.0 member of the face team which had Io Shirai, Kay Lee Ray, and Raquel Gonzalez, who are all very credible. During it she stopped Io Shirai from doing a dive from the top of the cage and then did it herself. Then even though her arm was hurt she continued the match and got the win for the team over the heels. You are correct though that she certainly isn't exactly credible in the ring, her finisher after all is literally the roll up even now... granted, the roll up technically is the most effective move in all of WWE, but you just look weak if you're using that as a finish constantly as roll up wins in WWE are seen as less legitimate, with main roster commentary often referring to it as "stealing a victory". She should be fine going forward, though I think for all of the talk of Cora as a face they will turn her heel and that will be where she is successful. For all of the talk of Vince pushing tall blonds, for whatever reason they've given massive overwhelmingly strong pushes to the likes of AJ Lee and Alexa Bliss who are tiny. Now granted Cora is not as small as them, but she is a noted AJ Lee mark like Vince and bulkwise shall we say certainly comes off smaller compared to the other women. 

Ciampa is expected to have a short run before transferring over to being more of a trainer so I'd not expect too much as his time is so limited. Raquel is likely going to be Hispanic Rhea Ripley in that she'll be getting beat by Charlotte a whole lot. Gunther is a total question mark as he likely ain't going to face Roman due to both being heels... but then what is he going to do? No one can say. The best result would to have Gunther feud with and go over convincingly Lesner but... the odds on that are very slim. It'd also create another invincible heel and I've been really sick of those.

NXT

Very WWE gauntlet tag match. Top team destroys all the other teams in the division and makes them look weak, then the new heel team comes in and takes the titles. I was initially unhappy with it as the heel domination in wrestling has been poisoning my mind, but I quickly refocused on the fact that it was very much the right move as losing there would have instantly killed Pretty Deadly who... have impressed me. They're good enough in the ring, wear nice gear (for them, horrible on most people), good looks, and fun personas. Doesn't change the fact that the Creed Brothers should run through them of course which I hope is what happens. I noticed a bunch of people questioning why Waller and Sanga were in the gauntlet and Grizzled Young Veterans weren't and that it means GYV are buried/going to get released/whatever and... sure, a possibility, but not being in that gauntlet is a good thing. If you lose to a team that just had 3 matches then you look extremely weak, which is the role Waller and Sanga had.

Speaking of Sanga, he has really been booked extremely weak for some reason and Waller cut a promo where he denounced Sanga and will no longer have him as a bodyguard... right. They really need to do better with Sanga as I honestly think they have something both with him and his former tag partner Veer on RAW. Both men have been badly booked however. They're both two massive handsome Indian dudes who scream being babyfaces, Veer even having a big personal story... and they're heels? Bizarre, but that is the modern day attempt at presenting an "ethnic hero" where a company will want to make a star out of a Latino, Indian, whatever person to get more fans in those areas and... they'll make those guys heels, you know, the guys you are supposed to not like and boo. Ain't even a WWE thing considering AEW literally just did the same thing by bringing in an Indian name to help promote their brand in India and... heel. Stupid.

Nathan Frazer looks like the third member of Pretty Deadly. Could be the third man for them in 6 man tags, with Strong tagging with the Creeds as he is their mentor.

Von Wagner still doesn't do it for anybody but they've not given up on him yet which is a positive as far too many have been given up on far too quickly. Ikemen Jiro who has largely been a joke on the show impressed me in the match.

Good to see Xyon Quinn back but they need to get him some big wins and perhaps a manager.

Gacy is getting a feud with Bron which is fine to me. Gacy's character has improved and he is an experienced hand, something a lot of people actually miss. 

Nikkita Lyons vs. Lash Legend is the feud on the show now. They had a real... hard hitting match lets say (it is good Nikkita is a big girl because Lash may have broken a smaller woman in half) where Nikkita came out on top, but Lash got her back with a hell of a kick to the face of Nikkita when she was sat down for an interview. This explosive feud surely can only be resolved with a best of 7, come on NXT 2.0, you know it would be the correct move. I think both women have opposite problems honestly. Lash needs a lot of work in the ring but I think has the personality and talking down a good deal. Nikkita meanwhile is good in the ring but needs a lot of work when it comes to talking. Lash is a good chance for Nikkita to promos against and build more personality and confidence. Nikkita being a big girl is a good opponent for Lash because she can move Lash around easier if need be and do spots with Lash a smaller woman wouldn't be able to. Give them a match every 2-3 weeks, best of 7, and end it like Cesaro-Sheamus where they become a big woman hard hitting tag team that crushes Toxic Attraction if faces, whoever beat Toxic Attraction if heels, and you'll be good.

36 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Most people find people winning titles on a show only to lose them so soon after stupid, but as long as it is rare then there really ain't a problem. For Bron specifically the thinking would have been that him winning the title on RAW would get him seen by more people. If Bron is pencilled in as the guy who will be the company's top face in future and who finally overthrows the invincible Roman Reigns, then it also makes more sense to get RAW's audience seeing him win.

Cora Jade's rep as "the future" was built off the war games match against Toxic Attraction + Dakota Kai late last year where she was the sole NXT 2.0 member of the face team which had Io Shirai, Kay Lee Ray, and Raquel Gonzalez, who are all very credible. During it she stopped Io Shirai from doing a dive from the top of the cage and then did it herself. Then even though her arm was hurt she continued the match and got the win for the team over the heels. You are correct though that she certainly isn't exactly credible in the ring, her finisher after all is literally the roll up even now... granted, the roll up technically is the most effective move in all of WWE, but you just look weak if you're using that as a finish constantly as roll up wins in WWE are seen as less legitimate, with main roster commentary often referring to it as "stealing a victory". She should be fine going forward, though I think for all of the talk of Cora as a face they will turn her heel and that will be where she is successful. For all of the talk of Vince pushing tall blonds, for whatever reason they've given massive overwhelmingly strong pushes to the likes of AJ Lee and Alexa Bliss who are tiny. Now granted Cora is not as small as them, but she is a noted AJ Lee mark like Vince and bulkwise shall we say certainly comes off smaller compared to the other women. 

Ciampa is expected to have a short run before transferring over to being more of a trainer so I'd not expect too much as his time is so limited. Raquel is likely going to be Hispanic Rhea Ripley in that she'll be getting beat by Charlotte a whole lot. Gunther is a total question mark as he likely ain't going to face Roman due to both being heels... but then what is he going to do? No one can say. The best result would to have Gunther feud with and go over convincingly Lesner but... the odds on that are very slim. It'd also create another invincible heel and I've been really sick of those.

NXT

Very WWE gauntlet tag match. Top team destroys all the other teams in the division and makes them look weak, then the new heel team comes in and takes the titles. I was initially unhappy with it as the heel domination in wrestling has been poisoning my mind, but I quickly refocused on the fact that it was very much the right move as losing there would have instantly killed Pretty Deadly who... have impressed me. They're good enough in the ring, wear nice gear (for them, horrible on most people), good looks, and fun personas. Doesn't change the fact that the Creed Brothers should run through them of course which I hope is what happens. I noticed a bunch of people questioning why Waller and Sanga were in the gauntlet and Grizzled Young Veterans weren't and that it means GYV are buried/going to get released/whatever and... sure, a possibility, but not being in that gauntlet is a good thing. If you lose to a team that just had 3 matches then you look extremely weak, which is the role Waller and Sanga had.

Speaking of Sanga, he has really been booked extremely weak for some reason and Waller cut a promo where he denounced Sanga and will no longer have him as a bodyguard... right. They really need to do better with Sanga as I honestly think they have something both with him and his former tag partner Veer on RAW. Both men have been badly booked however. They're both two massive handsome Indian dudes who scream being babyfaces, Veer even having a big personal story... and they're heels? Bizarre, but that is the modern day attempt at presenting an "ethnic hero" where a company will want to make a star out of a Latino, Indian, whatever person to get more fans in those areas and... they'll make those guys heels, you know, the guys you are supposed to not like and boo. Ain't even a WWE thing considering AEW literally just did the same thing by bringing in an Indian name to help promote their brand in India and... heel. Stupid.

Nathan Frazer looks like the third member of Pretty Deadly. Could be the third man for them in 6 man tags, with Strong tagging with the Creeds as he is their mentor.

Von Wagner still doesn't do it for anybody but they've not given up on him yet which is a positive as far too many have been given up on far too quickly. Ikemen Jiro who has largely been a joke on the show impressed me in the match.

Good to see Xyon Quinn back but they need to get him some big wins and perhaps a manager.

Gacy is getting a feud with Bron which is fine to me. Gacy's character has improved and he is an experienced hand, something a lot of people actually miss. 

Nikkita Lyons vs. Lash Legend is the feud on the show now. They had a real... hard hitting match lets say (it is good Nikkita is a big girl because Lash may have broken a smaller woman in half) where Nikkita came out on top, but Lash got her back with a hell of a kick to the face of Nikkita when she was sat down for an interview. This explosive feud surely can only be resolved with a best of 7, come on NXT 2.0, you know it would be the correct move. I think both women have opposite problems honestly. Lash needs a lot of work in the ring but I think has the personality and talking down a good deal. Nikkita meanwhile is good in the ring but needs a lot of work when it comes to talking. Lash is a good chance for Nikkita to promos against and build more personality and confidence. Nikkita being a big girl is a good opponent for Lash because she can move Lash around easier if need be and do spots with Lash a smaller woman wouldn't be able to. Give them a match every 2-3 weeks, best of 7, and end it like Cesaro-Sheamus where they become a big woman hard hitting tag team that crushes Toxic Attraction if faces, whoever beat Toxic Attraction if heels, and you'll be good.

As always very good insight. I haven't watched the War Games that Cora Jade's team won. You have taught me something on why she has been called the future. Hopefully she does get better and turns out good.

I can see Bron being the face of the WWE eventually. Certainly would not surprise me one bit. It will be interesting to see what they do with the call ups. If what you say turns out to be true then they won't go very far.

I will be watching NXT LVL up tonight as I am very interested to see Roxanne (ROK-C) debut. I have been watching her matches on YouTube and I am impressed. 

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

As always very good insight. I haven't watched the War Games that Cora Jade's team won. You have taught me something on why she has been called the future. Hopefully she does get better and turns out good.

I can see Bron being the face of the WWE eventually. Certainly would not surprise me one bit. It will be interesting to see what they do with the call ups. If what you say turns out to be true then they won't go very far.

I will be watching NXT LVL up tonight as I am very interested to see Roxanne (ROK-C) debut. I have been watching her matches on YouTube and I am impressed. 

She is young and NXT, if you get on TV, seems to give their prospects time to develop. The main thing she needs is confidence and to become a better promo because while she ain't exactly the best wrestler in the world, in wrestling, and especially WWE (not HHH's vision for it I guess, but he is donezo), promo ability is always far more important than how well you can do a 360 corkscrew inverted exploding shooting star press.

A concerning thing has been the NXT crowd at times booing Bron... but I think it can be written off as the NXT crowd being abnormal. This is a crowd that chanted and cheered for Boa, a guy who isn't popular, because to them chanting and cheering for Boa is really funny stuff. WWE might be giving Bron more losses than normal though just to not build up crowd rejection though, after Cena and babyface Roman it is certainly going to be something that exists as a concern. Granted, that has never stopped Vince just deciding screw it and ignoring whatever the crowd reaction might be.

LVL Up, the former 205 Live has it seems been having some interesting talents on there. Been considering watching it myself to see if it is any good. I did actually watch 205 Live itself back when Vince booked it himself as it was a character based show. Quincy Elliot for example was an interesting standout on LVL Up recently and he has gotten to show up on NXT as a result (commentary named him), granted, just in the crowd admiring Harland and nothing since but perhaps they'll bring him back up for this Bron/Gacy feud (to nullify Harland), or failing that, after it.

I actually watched RAW this week for... some reason... Cody? I don't know. Show was sloooow. Then I watch NXT and the thing's pace is incredible. NXT is a shorter show and it feels like they pack so much more content than other wrestling shows, even RAW which has an extra hour.

NXT this week concluded with Joe Gacy pushing NXT champion Bron Breakker off a precipice (what Gacy would call it) to where his Woke Mob was waiting, who then swarmed Bron who yelled out "GET OFF ME" as the show went off the air. Just... incredible. 

The younger crowd now have their waifu as the newest signing, Rok-C, going by Roxanne Perez debuted in her gimmick of being a gamer girl seemingly. The vignette of the little girl talking about how her life was rough and had WW12 on the screen made me laugh. We also have seemingly another AJ Lee mark... I'll give her a chance. Plus, just 2 thus far. I can't be too mad when the show has a Alicia Fox mark on it too.

I loved Natalya's explanation for being in NXT. All the NXT women who debut on the main roster come for her to get themselves over at her expense. So she is in NXT to crush all the rookies before they can hit the main roster where they'll be more experienced and stronger competitors. She got a challenge however from the Lioness of NXT, Nikkita who looked massive next to Natalya. First though Nikkita needs to deal with Lash Legend however. Will Natalya aid Lash in defeating Nikkita? As I said NXT, best of 7 series between Nikkita and Lash, come on.

52 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Did Katana Chance or Alba Fyre wrestle? I can't wait for their main roster debuts, they're gonna be huge stars. 1f604.png

Not as big as the future GOAT, Butch lol.

Seriously WWE may as well bring back Man Mountain Rock and Isaac Yankem with the state of some of these name changes ?

• Like 1

Butch at least can be easily walked back as it was even promoted as a nickname. He is just suddenly going by the nickname Sheamus and Ridge, the lads, have apparently known him by since they were younger. Butch, that is Pete Dunn, is throwing himself into it so what could be death is going well I'd say... even if the match results haven't considering his first two matches have been getting pinned by Xavier Woods, even if not decisively.

Alba Fyre is... like calling someone America Fire or something... we'll have to see what Kay Lee Ray can make out it. You know... it sounds like a sort of super hero/villain name... did Vince get one look at Kay Lee Ray and tell everyone she needs a mask? Possibly.

Katana Chance is just ??? inducing. Ninja Warrior, so Katana, okay. Chance? There was WWE website/twitter exclusive interview segment where she basically explained that it is her Brie Mode. When she drinks and parties with Kayden, Katana Chance comes out. She'll now be Katana Chance full time which would be hilarious if they actually went all in on it and she was just a drunk all the time calling herself Katana.

One not mentioned is one of the name shortenings that occurred. Austin Theory is now... Theory. They did explain it as Vince being angry at Steve Austin giving him the stunner so he doesn't want Theory using Austin to I suppose not remind him of Steve Austin. The problem is... Theory as a name alone is... something alright. He either needs to get a new first name or just change Theory too. Theory for those unaware the story goes chose that name as he was just that, a theory, untested. If he is now a champion and more experienced then you could easily cut a segment where he has the name dropped. Considering Vince is his mentor, just have Vince redub him something. Give him the name Vince/Vincent after himself? Hunter or Shane as Theory is a better son than they ever were? Shelton or whatever as Vince going senile just starts calling Theory something one day and it is decided that it'll be Theory's name going forward. Last name... you could even give him the McMahon name... Vince McMahon the third, VM3?

I am glad to see Becky Lynch is going to be on Raw tonight, first time since Wrestlemania. I am interested to see how this is going to play out. Will she interfere in Bianca's match with Sonya or will she come out after and issue a challenge for Backlash? There are rumors that even Asuka could be there tonight and her and Becky could start a non title feud. 

This whole Theory thing I am sick of already. Don't get me wrong, I like they are pushing younger talent, but don't like when it is shoved down your throat. Plus, I don't find his character to likable. Maybe that is why I never was much of a Rock fan. I felt he was shoved down our throats. I like to root for the underdog.

NXT 2.0

Nikkita Lyons vs. Lash Legend II, the rematch of the millennium. The show started with the main event as these two big women went at it. Nikkita may have got the pin once again but there is no victory when you face the Lash, you can only survive. Very sloppy looking match, what their first encounter was expected to look like, but... there are positives. Lash came out and jump started it as she should and both women showed intensity. Something people often miss too is that wrestling doesn't have to be, and in fact often shouldn't be, a perfect looking affair. Nikkita and Lash out there looked to be in a struggle and there is value to that. A lot of wrestling is far too clean and doesn't look like a fight, people need to struggle and resist when moves are being done on them far more.

Other things I noticed was that Nikkita won the match with her kick rather than her crotch drop. Does she have two finishers or it simply not a settled matter? Would be interesting if she had even more finishers to push that whole "She does everything" gimmick. Another thing I noticed was Lash once again quickly recovered after being pinned which... has happened so often now that it has to be on purpose surely. Someone would have told her to stay down longer by now so the idea has to be that as she is so big you can beat her yes, but you just barely got her. 

Not the biggest fan of the look of the guys Tony D has got to be his goombas. I imagine they looked at their rookies and picked the most Italian looking of the bunch but the guys are far too babyfaced to be mob enforcers. Next week Tony D and Santos are going to be have a sit down to seemingly hash out peace before a race war breaks out on NXT. 

Gacy declared that he will end fat shaming, among other things, when he becomes NXT champion. Bron Breakker, the man, then came out and attacked Gacy's woke mob but found himself on the wrong side of history once again as Gacy hit him with his finisher, the springboard clothesline. 

A whole lot of people just got released from NXT.

Malcolm Bivens - Didn't sign a new deal.
Dakota Kai - Didn't sign a new deal.
Persia Perotta
Harland

Draco Anthony 

Paige Prinzivalli

Raelyn Divine

Mila Malani

Sanjana George

Dexter Lumis 

Persia was starting to get it, has size, and can do comedy... strange that she got released. Lumis is old and not what WWE wants, seemingly why they've put him in such long matches so he could help younger talents out. Harland was touted as a big deal even by Heyman and... gone. I suppose that explains why Gacy now has his woke mob. Kai finally had enough of NXT messing her about I suppose, and this ain't a 2.0 thing as HHH messed her around too. Bivens is... strange. He had a good spot so a bit odd that he didn't resign. 

Indy and the Duke have not yet been released even though their on screen partners have... I fear for the Duke's safety especially. The above list might not be the end of it.

On a positive note. 

How many episodes of Dynamite would need to run to feature 24 different women? They'd need a month to match the match count, that can be said straight away. 

19 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

How many episodes of Dynamite would need to run to feature 24 different women? They'd need a month to match the match count, that can be said straight away. 

You really gonna run your mouth like this right after that Ember moon interview?  I mean, it's typical of you of course but seriously?

Vince has been counting his blood money for years now, releasing 20-30 people at a whim because of "budget cuts" during their most profitable time ever, conducting meetings to tell the women to dress sexier but yeah, you're right, WWE is the beacon of virtue.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

You really gonna run your mouth like this right after that Ember moon interview?  I mean, it's typical of you of course but seriously?

EDIT: Vince has been counting his blood money for years now, releasing 20-30 people at a whim because of "budget cuts" during their most profitable time ever, conducting meetings to tell the women to dress sexier but yeah, you're right, WWE is the beacon of virtue.

And? NXT 2.0 was a new direction and they told everyone that new direction. Some people, men included, didn't like or fit the new direction so left. That is it. I of course understand the issue of telling women they should wear more revealing gear yes. In Pro-wrestling where the standard male gear has been guys wearing short tights and showing everything off? Come now.

Also, let's not act like that interview was all rosy. She talked ill of the young people in NXT 2.0 starting out about how they didn't care about the business, something she has no idea about or right to speak on. Some of those rookies are already further ahead than she is right now considering the wrestling part of pro-wrestling is the least important aspect and Ember Moon was always horrible in all the aspects beyond the wrestling.

With that addressed, as you're here, tell me then. How many episodes of Dynamite would need to run to feature 24 different women? If you do respond then make sure you answer that question for me. AEW's female representation is fortunate that Jade is such a star that even Tony Khan, who has a women's division simply because he has to, can't ignore that she is money. If Jade wasn't there I dread to think of the state of that already poor division.

I missed your edit originally so I'll address it now too. What does Vince doing Saudi shows have to do with women's representation on NXT 2.0? Nothing. Vince's lack of care for the masses of talent he owns is well known yes, but again, what does it have to do with representation? Nothing. Did I say WWE are a beacon of virtue? No. Are these misdirections all you have? What does it say about Tony Khan if Vince, who you are saying is a devil, is doing a better job than him on the matter (on ethnic minorities too, but another issue) and it ain't even close? Vince thinks that the new direction needs to be racier to try and help build the future. You can think that is incorrect but at least he cares to get involved in the matter. Tony Khan wouldn't tell the women to dress sexier no, because beyond the fact that he is a weasel who'll tell someone to their face that they're great and then bury them the moment he feels slighted later (Big Swole), he just does not care about women's wrestling. He signed the women because he can't be like New Japan and not have a women's division, nothing more to it.

AEW is completely indefensible on this matter. This isn't like the Young Bucks or whatever where you can argue that it is all subjective and they're actually great. AEW sucks when it comes to giving their women time on the show. Full stop. You're showing yourself up as a real big AEW mark if you'll even attack me on matters that are indefensible.

Edited by Rozalia1

52 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

And? NXT 2.0 was a new direction and they told everyone that new direction. Some people, men included, didn't like or fit the new direction so left. That is it. I of course understand the issue of telling women they should wear more revealing gear yes. In Pro-wrestling where the standard male gear has been guys wearing short tights and showing everything off? Come now.

Also, let's not act like that interview was all rosy. She talked ill of the young people in NXT 2.0 starting out about how they didn't care about the business, something she has no idea about or right to speak on. Some of those rookies are already further ahead than she is right now considering the wrestling part of pro-wrestling is the least important aspect and Ember Moon was always horrible in all the aspects beyond the wrestling.

With that addressed, as you're here, tell me then. How many episodes of Dynamite would need to run to feature 24 different women? If you do respond then make sure you answer that question for me. AEW's female representation is fortunate that Jade is such a star that even Tony Khan, who has a women's division simply because he has to, can't ignore that she is money. If Jade wasn't there I dread to think of the state of that already poor division.

I'm not gonna answer your stupid question because that's not my point.  You wanna see it in writing then here: Aew's women's division as a whole sucks.  Their talent pool is thin and Khan only books one match a week on each show.  Now that you know my stance let me reiterate my point, when Big Swole left AEW on not great terms and spoke up about it you damn near broke all 10 fingers getting into the AEW thread to try and paint Tony Khan into the devil himself, however When Ember moon (who despite your opinion grabbed a lot of attention until the booking monster killed her) does the same... let me check... checking... checking... yup... not a peep.  You wanna praise the WWE for a women's only event, fine, whatever makes you happy, but your need to, as usual, hypocritically bash AEW in the same breath right after that info gets out is absurd. 

35 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'm not gonna answer your stupid question because that's not my point.  You wanna see it in writing then here: Aew's women's division as a whole sucks.  Their talent pool is thin and Khan only books one match a week on each show.  Now that you know my stance let me reiterate my point, when Big Swole left AEW on not great terms and spoke up about it you damn near broke all 10 fingers getting into the AEW thread to try and paint Tony Khan into the devil himself, however When Ember moon (who despite your opinion grabbed a lot of attention until the booking monster killed her) does the same... let me check... checking... checking... yup... not a peep.  You wanna praise the WWE for a women's only event, fine, whatever makes you happy, but your need to, as usual, hypocritically bash AEW in the same breath right after that info gets out is absurd. 

It'd be a damning answer that much is certain. I also think saying the talent is thin is more an excuse than anything else. NXT 2.0 is almost entirely rookies and they always have at least two women's matches at minimum. AEW has the talent to feature the women more, they just choose not to do so. I've already said that it is because Tony Khan doesn't care, but I think it is also because he is obsessed with ratings and he thinks that women are poison on that front (hence him putting them in the death slot all the time). He'd be wrong, but it is one of those opinions that a whole lot of people out there have. 

You think both those instances are the same? Big Swole put out some comments, in the nicest possible terms, that AEW needs to represent women/minorities better. Tony Khan like the two faced thin skinned weasel he is immediately jumped at her and invoked the AEW hate brigade towards her. Ember Moon made some comments on NXT, as I said, not all exactly nice ones considering her talk about the young talent there, and what has Vince said in response? Nothing. Perhaps you are referring just to me personally. Do you think there is any comparison between AEW having a woman/minority representation problem and NXT telling some women to show some more skin, you know, what has been pushed in pro-wrestling for men and women alike since the start.

Ember Moon could have been something yes. Ironically, the person she champions, HHH, is who failed her really because he did not fix what was wrong with her. Namely the fact that she had this "War Goddess" persona as she calls it and yet it was completely off. The dramatics, the gear, and then she is all smiles out there. No edge to her at all. Main roster booking is of course horrible, but she was doomed to begin with as she just did not get how to act.

Women's only event? It was an episode of NXT 2.0. Tells you the gulf if hearing about the goings ons of an episode of NXT makes you think it must have been some women's only event. You actually given NXT 2.0 a chance yet?

Edited by Rozalia1

29 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

It'd be a damning answer that much is certain. I also think saying the talent is thin is more an excuse than anything else. NXT 2.0 is almost entirely rookies and they always have at least two women's matches at minimum. AEW has the talent to feature the women more, they just choose not to do so. I've already said that it is because Tony Khan doesn't care, but I think it is also because he is obsessed with ratings and he thinks that women are poison on that front (hence him putting them in the death slot all the time). He'd be wrong, but it is one of those opinions that a whole lot of people out there have. 

You think both those instances are the same? Big Swole put out some comments, in the nicest possible terms, that AEW needs to represent women/minorities better. Tony Khan like the two faced thin skinned weasel he is immediately jumped at her and invoked the AEW hate brigade towards her. Ember Moon made some comments on NXT, as I said, not all exactly nice ones considering her talk about the young talent there, and what has Vince said in response? Nothing. Perhaps you are referring just to me personally. Do you think there is any comparison between AEW having a woman/minority representation problem and NXT telling some women to show some more skin, you know, what has been pushed in pro-wrestling for men and women alike since the start.

Ember Moon could have been something yes. Ironically, the person she champions, HHH, is who failed her really because he did not fix what was wrong with her. Namely the fact that she had this "War Goddess" persona as she calls it and yet it was completely off. The dramatics, the gear, and then she is all smiles out there. No edge to her at all. Main roster booking is of course horrible, but she was doomed to begin with as she just did not get how to act.

Women's only event? It was an episode of NXT 2.0. Tells you the gulf if hearing about the goings ons of an episode of NXT makes you think it must have been some women's only event. You actually given NXT 2.0 a chance yet?

Big Swole sucks. She was a cancer to the division. Whiny.

AEW does have the talent, and has always been better than Black and Gold NXT and is miles ahead of this garbage 2.0 shit. Aside from Bron and Mandy, 2.0 has nothing I care about. 

AEW has a fair womens showing, but they are trying to showcase more on dark etc because some are green. Deeb vs Rosa will be a great feud. Baker is amazing, but yeah. Ember Moon is another whiner. Injury prone.

12 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Big Swole sucks. She was a cancer to the division. Whiny.

AEW does have the talent, and has always been better than Black and Gold NXT and is miles ahead of this garbage 2.0 shit. Aside from Bron and Mandy, 2.0 has nothing I care about. 

AEW has a fair womens showing, but they are trying to showcase more on dark etc because some are green. Deeb vs Rosa will be a great feud. Baker is amazing, but yeah. Ember Moon is another whiner. Injury prone.

Big Swole wasn't great no. My issue isn't Khan thinking that, it is him saying she was great to her face and then burying her later. From what guys like Chavo have said on their dealings with Khan he seems to be the type to talk you up no matter what he thinks of you, but if he feels slighted later he'll say what he really thinks... safely far away from you. 

Not when it comes to the women they aren't. As for overall talent, I sure would expect AEW to be ahead of WWE's developmental show full of green talent.

Ruby Soho needs training on Dark? Riho who I'm no fan of went missing after her reign (not referring to the Corona period). Shida as champion had to pay to get on the show (hyperbole). Thunder Rosa I think is already screwed honestly. Already having issues and even if Tony Khan cared, he appears to be all in on that southern style booking where it is all about a face chasing a heel, and faces holding titles are just a lull before the next heel takes it. The idea of "reps" is fine... but these people on dark just don't get off it. If women (and men) on Dark would eventually get promoted, that was the whole selling of Elevation in fact, that people who did well would get promoted to the next show, then that would be something. If people don't get promoted off Dark then it is just a purgatory.