The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

1 hour ago, Glorious Fury said:

Surely Kevin Dunn (pretty sure Steph/HHH cannot stand him), Bruce Prichard and co are walking on eggshells now. With Nick Khan, he'll ensure the company will remain as profitable as ever and from this point I'd never rule out some sort of sale going forward.

Also where is Shane in all this, perhaps not bothered about being in charge? 

Shane let his wwe role go awhile ago. His best moment was when KO made fun of his helicopter crash. Shane was never any good. The fact guys like KO, AJ Styles, THE UNDERTAKER, had to sell for that clown are just, there are no words. 

22 hours ago, Glorious Fury said:

Surely Kevin Dunn (pretty sure Steph/HHH cannot stand him), Bruce Prichard and co are walking on eggshells now. With Nick Khan, he'll ensure the company will remain as profitable as ever and from this point I'd never rule out some sort of sale going forward.

Also where is Shane in all this, perhaps not bothered about being in charge? 

Both Kevin Dunn and Bruce Prichard are Inner Circle stablemates with Nick Khan so they should be safe on that alone unless Nick Khan thinks he is that untouchable that he doesn't need allies. Kevin Dunn should be safe full stop unless Vince dies suddenly as it would not shock me if Vince made any successor swear to always provide for Dunn as Vince himself did according to legend. Though considering Dunn has no love for Professional Wrestling and Vince will be gone, he may well just choose to retire regardless as he'll see it no longer worth continuing. Would not shock me if Dunn does the job because it means spending time with Vince.

I'm actually relieved they're still around though which I know I'd be in the minority on, but my biggest care when it comes to WWE is NXT 2.0 which Vince and his boys are responsible for, so them being around should stop HHH from wrecking 2.0 out of spite. Hopefully they can stop HHH on the main roster too because Cody is just the most obvious possible victim of HHH as there are a number of former NXT guys too that would likely be in danger. I'm talking the guys that HHH didn't care for who got pushed the moment Vince saw them, yet HHH's favourites mostly got written off as losers the moment Vince saw them.

Hard to say with Shane after that firing he took a while back. It has been talked about in the past that Shane is who Vince's inner circle wants to take over WWE as they get along with Shane while Stephanie hates them. I personally hope he gets to take over as Shane while no longer young, has always been forward thinking. You can trust him to modernise, to give everyone a fair shake, and to want to put on an exciting show. I don't trust HHH with that.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

This is all I have to say about the Vince McMahon retirement:

I'm not going to hold my breath. Absolutely nothing will change unless all of his 'yes men' who are still in positions of power (most importantly Bruce Pritchard, Ed Kosky, and Kevin Dunn) are removed as well.

The ones I mentioned are the most important. But he has a shit ton of cronies and lackeys in the company. Until absolutely every last one of them is gone... I'm not holding my breath on 'real change'

Seems like I chose the right time to return. No doubt Vince will still influence things as the majority shareholder, but at least there is some hope that the guys influence might not be as overwhelming as it used to be for the last decades. Raw and Smackdown made a solid impression as far as I could tell, nothing completely stupid aside from that whole 24/7 thing and the fact that they put the supposedly serious Viking Raiders in with the class clowns from the New Day, and maybe the fact that we have a freaking Youtuber in a rivalry against a former Wrestlemania headlining WWE champion. I hated the modeling gimmick too, but that might change is they actually get something to do.

On 19.7.2022 at 8:25 AM, Valzentia said:

translation: "I hate fun"

If your definition of fun is watching a grown man with a ridiculous outfit act like an overgrown toddler in front of a camera for months on end, only to then watch him have atrocious matches with mannequins being lit on fire, big rubber hammers being swung, hell in a cell match disqualifications and one of the few really talented womens wrestlers being compelled to dress up for halloween every week in order to intimidate hardened veteran wrestlers like Orton by letting some black colored water run down her head, or intimidating former MMA champion and legit badass Shayna Baszler with an ugly childrens doll playing a laughing track, then I guess yes I hate what you define as fun and I think you are pretty weird. These symptoms of the late stage cancer that was the Fiends gimmick was considered stupid by so many people that I could not escape the outcry and mocking video compilations about it despite not even watching wrestling myself at the time.

Edited by Dauersack

Damn. HHH is now head of creative. I'm glad that Cole and friends are signed up to AEW for a long time because that means at least HHH can't make a super heel group that runs everyone over for years involving those guys. Please HHH, no super heel group. You've already halved WWE's business twice (Evolution & The Authority) and sent NXT into the toilet (Undisputed Era) with the concept, just get a clue and book a top face at the top. People want to see the heroes win and not be losers that get constantly obliterated by heels.

On the good end of things, some of HHH's guys that have been shafted should get a chance at least, though not good if it comes at the cost of others of course. One thing I hope doesn't change is the Miz & Ciampa pairing because I just love the idea that blackhearted Ciampa is a Miz enthusiast.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Damn. HHH is now head of creative. I'm glad that Cole and friends are signed up to AEW for a long time because that means at least HHH can't make a super heel group that runs everyone over for years involving those guys. Please HHH, no super heel group. You've already halved WWE's business twice (Evolution & The Authority) and sent NXT into the toilet (Undisputed Era) with the concept, just get a clue and book a top face at the top. People want to see the heroes win and not be losers that get constantly obliterated by heels.

On the good end of things, some of HHH's guys that have been shafted should get a chance at least, though not good if it comes at the cost of others of course. One thing I hope doesn't change is the Miz & Ciampa pairing because I just love the idea that blackhearted Ciampa is a Miz enthusiast.

Pretty sure HHH will push Ciampa to at least US Title status at some point. Curious about Theory now though. Idk HHH stance on him. Though i know Heyman said hes the future....

Definitely interested to see what goes down

If anything, this may be a breath of fresh air and shake up WWE needs. Its long overdue.

I don't know what to say. I really don't.

I'm utterly speechless for the first time.

But I...

His yes men are still there. I... don't want to assume anything. Until all of Vince's yes men cronies, lackeys and stooges are gone.

But it's... interesting.

defo watching Raw tonight (change won't be tonight but it'll still be interesting to see. I've also been watching it anyway so it's no different but still)

I don't know. I really don't.

I... don't want to hold my breath or make assumptions.

RAW

It is not yet the "new era". Some things will have been edited slightly but much of the show is still going to be a Vince production. Got to give it a few months for it to start being whatever the new vision will be. It is funny though seeing some peoples notes on these things though. You got the usual "X good thing is because Vince is gone" & "Y bad thing is because of Vince's lingering influence", but the absolute best is "Z thing is much better now" when it is the exactly the same as it has been before.

Anyway, there is some intrigue on RAW regarding Theory due to Roman being able to drop the great line that Theorys "daddy" is no longer there, but I do believe that outside that what happened was always Vince's plan. Theory has been building up a long list of enemies which was showcased on this episode too. Brock doesn't like Theory. Roman and the Usos don't like Theory. McIntyre was shown here not to like Theory but he has spoken against Theroy before too, dubbing him the "new chosen one". Lashley doesn't like Theory. Moss doesn't like Theory. Ziggler doesn't like Theory and is messing with him even though Theory did nothing to him. Even Sheamus, a heel and Theory's tag team partner in the match was shown to have no respect for Theory and didn't like him.

Where does this actually lead though? Is he just going to get jobbed out and sent down the card? Possibly with Vince no longer in charge. I hope that the new management, which is more than HHH, realises that they're the ones in charge and that they should try and be smarter than internet marks and so called experts like Meltzer and friends. Oh Theory is young so he should faff about in the midcard for half a dozen years or so before he can have a shot at the big time. Imagine if these people were actually listened to. Kurt Angle "wasn't ready". Brock Lesnar "wasn't ready". John Cena "wasn't ready". Randy Orton "wasn't ready". You get the picture. Theory is young yes but that doesn't mean he isn't ready for a push. Theory at his young age is already one of the most talented in ring guys out there. He has no smark cred but these days that should be seen as a good thing if anything, look at Baron Corbin who can be proper heel as no one wants to cheer him, as they shouldn't for a heel. That being said, if they want to turn Theory face then now isn't a bad time for that, though being able to get a proper top heel who the people want to see beat is perhaps more valuable.

This is what I meant with Ciampa. I love the idea that Ciampa is a Miz enthusiast. Honestly, everyone should be. The Miz might not be the best guy in the ring yes, but he wrestles in a safe style for himself and his opponents which grants longevity. He can talk. Can be a real heel. Can get whoever he gets paired up with over. No bad habits. Add in the fact that he came in when the likes of Benoit and others were terrors in the locker room and Miz weathered that and didn't continue the cycle and you have someone that aspiring wrestles (not that Ciampa is one) should look up to. Sadly, especially due to the advent of AEW you are going to get a good number of people who look up to garbage like Jon Moxley instead.

NXT 2.0

Zoey Stark had a nice showing and seems to have improved in her talking, though I could be wrong as it has been a long time. The story is there if she is the one to beat Mandy but I don't know if I'd like it.

Gigi Dolin finally had a singles match and while pretty brief, wasn't an instant squash. Her issues were certainly on display especially early on though. I think she looks great physically still obviously, but her extra weight gain (largely going to her lower half) seems to have robbed her of any explosiveness she might have had previously. She either needs to lose weight, condition herself to be able to move faster at her current weight, or change her style completely. There have been matches in the past where she has appeared like she was moving underwater.

They're announced an elimination 4 way for the Women's tags. Good. Ivy & Tatum are perhaps the best options, but they could always finally give Kayden & Katana the titles to thank them before they drop it to Ivy & Tatum, perhaps at Heatwave.

I like the fact that Tricky Willy has gotten himself his own feud. Williams if he improves in the ring will be great as he has the presentation, character work, and promo parts down. Not that you need to be good in the ring to be able to be something, but it helps.

Grayson Waller due to being a bit on the older side should get sent up the main roster sooner rather than later. A proper heel, he has been shown as a guy who can actually get the people to hate him, which is what you want.

JD McDonagh has continued with his doctor gimmick. I actually enjoyed his promo here and introduced the gimmick very nicely.

Giovanni Vinci & Andre Chase seemed to decide they were going to treat their match like they were in the main event of Wrestlemania. Two experienced guys, a rarity in NXT 2.0, going hard. Vry easy to forget considering the gimmick that Chase is an experienced guy and competent wrestler.

Kiana James has added to her gimmick the fact she has 8 degrees relating to business. She also a power point presentation on Nikkita Lyons. I don't care what certain people say, the gimmick is fine. Remember that anything is better than the overload we've had of "I've wrestled all over the good".

It is good to see that Legato are getting more used to this being Italian thing with their new gear this week. With Tony D it is easy to forget that he knows his stuff on amateur wrestling as it isn't part of his gimmick, though it was mentioned in his first vignette. Match and promos before hand were great from both sides, but once again Julius Creed looks so impressive. If he continues at the current rate he is an easy prediction for a future world champion. Honestly, if NXT 2.0's current hiring system doesn't get scrapped out of spite by HHH, which it shouldn't as Nick Khan should protect it due to it being cheaper, then in 20 years time people will have no choice but to admit that Vince was correct that getting largely/totally green people and building them up is far superior then signing up older (usually smaller) guys with wear on their body with tons of bad Indy habits. NXT 2.0 which is still brand new has already showcased so much incredible talent of the future.

Edited by Rozalia1

Summerslam started hot. Dakota and Io..... "Iyo Skye".... why a name change?

Also Dakota is a smokeshow ?

@Rozalia1 thoughts on name changes? Io Shirai to Iyo Skye??

wow. Logan Paul was impressive.

Ronda vs Liv was alright but I feel like Liv tapped early and it was supposed to be a "draw". Ronda goes heel and wins the title (can't Liv drop it in Oct. Give her a bit more time)...  Glad Liv retained though..Shes improved a ton, and in terms of Riot Squadd members, shes way better than Ruby Soho who has never been good imo.

Anyways Usos vs Profits was nowhere near as good as MITB match, but then again im a week removed from a 5Star FTR vs Briscoes match, so every tag match after has been average at best to me.

Anyways main event time, Brock had a cool tractor/ring spot.

Theory attempt to cash in thwarted..So he still has MITB.

Usos, Roman and like stupid shit means Roman wins. Cant stand this title reign anymore. McIntyre also shouldn't be the guy to do it.

I'd say play long game....

A: Cody comes back, wins rumble. Beats Seth at event before Mania. Beats Roman at mania (unless Rock faces Roman). Roman goes to Hollywood. Cody holds title maybe a month or 2, Seth beats Cody for it and then right away Theory cashes in as his contract is up in a month by this time (June). Then leading into Summerslam can be Cody vs Theory, Seth vs Theory or Seth vs Cody vs Theory.

Plan B : McIntyre vs Roman, Theory cashes in and says he only wants 1 title, wwe title. Cashes midway through. Pins McInshit (hes boring), Theory is wwe champ, Roman stays on route to Universal 1000 day reign of terror. 

Plan C: Seth beats Roman in the fall after his shit feud with Riddle. Theory cashes in on Seth. 

Mania 39 could be:

Theory(c) vs Cena (Theory wins)

Cody vs Seth(c)

Cody vs Roman (c)

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

@Rozalia1 thoughts on name changes? Io Shirai to Iyo Skye??

I'm not a fan of changing names of people who were already in the company unless they have a bad name or one that should evolve, Bron becoming Steiner after having "earned" his name for example. I've not been able to find any reasoning for why it occurred as it shouldn't be a copyright issue... perhaps it was a Vince thing they decided to keep. Ironic if so because if Vince was still in charge people would be hating it but as he isn't people don't seem to care all that much. That said as far as changes go that is as perfect as you could do it I think. Iyo is said the same as Io, but spelt in a way that makes the pronunciation more obvious. Sky is in reference to what they'd call her which was the "genius of the sky".

To address some of your other comments: Logan Paul was indeed impressive and seemed like being the face worked... though he was against the Miz who can get anyone over as a face so we'll have to see. I don't actually think Liv tapped out early as the story makes more sense if she should have lost the match hence Ronda going crazy. As for Roman, no one should he be losing the title to Brock so he had to win this one here. McIntyre most expect to beat Roman to help promote business in Great Britain, but we'll see, impossible to call which is rare for a Roman match these days. Theory I hope HHH won't bury underground for being someone Vince took to while writing off the likes of Karrion Kross (HHH is like his only fan), and gives him a good run soon and not in 6 damn years or whatever like some people think should be when Theory can get a big run. I don't mind him not winning the title with the cash in, as long as they clearly establish a story that promises that in at most a year's time that it will then be his moment. Perhaps a face turn would be good for him.

As for SummerSlam as a whole... I've been hard on HHH as I simply do not trust him for a number of reasons relating to the long term. Short term though? Very good show. Incredible to think about that people watched a show with zero title changes (don't feel any of the results were wrong) and yet "WWE has changed" is what they come away from it. I'm not going to go over it blow by blow, but I'll point out what I feel has been the biggest change seen thus far in WWE with Vince gone.

The commentary, specifically the commentary that involved Michael Cole. With no Vince micromanaging him constantly and shouting in his ear Cole had such a life and joy to him, all while still being professional. I loved the exchange between him and Graves where Graves said that he preferred Cole when he couldn't have an opinion, which Cole responded back with "Well that's changed. A lot has changed". Sums him up at SummerSlam. Another highlight was him shouting for the referee to count faster so the match could finally end as they were killing each other out there. Then you have the small things which add up into something big. Being able to refer to people as fans (might we see the end of the WWE universe? Honestly, having it beaten into me by Vince makes me sort of sad to see it go if so), being able to name the referee/camera man, being able to reference stuff from X years ago that have some relevance to what is happening/being said. Hopefully the change in management will delay his retirement so we get some time with him free of Vince so more people realise that Cole has never been a problem on commentary and that no one could have done better than him if they too had to deal with Vince in their ear.

Ultimately I hope that the main roster shows improve and that the massive amounts of negativity around WWE starts to clear. If certain people like it or not, other wrestling shows in the west simply don't make any significant amount of new fans. It is entirely WWE. Until that changes, which it won't for reasons I won't go into, then WWE has to be healthy for Professional Wrestling to be healthy.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

Didn't watch much of Summerslam. Good to see Becky going babyface again. Roman vs Brock again (yawn). Bayley being back will help the women's division. Still no Bray Wyatt return, getting tired of hoping to see him come back and he doesn't. Sick of the cryptic tweets. Make a move or hang it up.

Edited by jackmadrox
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 5:49 AM, Rozalia1 said:

The commentary, specifically the commentary that involved Michael Cole. With no Vince micromanaging him constantly and shouting in his ear Cole had such a life and joy to him, all while still being professional. I loved the exchange between him and Graves where Graves said that he preferred Cole when he couldn't have an opinion, which Cole responded back with "Well that's changed. A lot has changed". Sums him up at SummerSlam. Another highlight was him shouting for the referee to count faster so the match could finally end as they were killing each other out there. Then you have the small things which add up into something big. Being able to refer to people as fans (might we see the end of the WWE universe? Honestly, having it beaten into me by Vince makes me sort of sad to see it go if so), being able to name the referee/camera man, being able to reference stuff from X years ago that have some relevance to what is happening/being said. Hopefully the change in management will delay his retirement so we get some time with him free of Vince so more people realise that Cole has never been a problem on commentary and that no one could have done better than him if they too had to deal with Vince in their ear.

Pretty sure there was one instance where they said the Hardy Boys by name, as well as Christian, who we all know are with AEW now. So, maybe there will be some changes to the background, where they will not act like other promotions don't exist (pretty sure NJPW and ROH were mentioned on RAW or Smackdown this past week, too).

I enjoyed Summerslam and was marking out heavily when I saw Dakota Kai and Io Shirai (the name change to Iyo Sky isn't as abrupt as other name changes) join Bayley. The face turn for Becky Lynch felt kind of organic, too, and not just a sudden change, especially with the year long feud she had with Bianca. I am hoping Bianca and Becky add a third woman into the mix (preferably Asuka) to even the odds. I kind of want to watch RAW tonight just to see what will happen with all of them.

I hope both Gunther and Lashley retain their championships until Survivor Series, as I would love to see their match together.

Edited by Akimitsu782
  • Like 1

Sasha Banks and Naomi are reportedly returning 'imminently'

I hope they let them turn everything that happened into a worked shoot.

If Papa H Triple H wants to make a statement... it would definitely be that. But my expectation is that Charlotte, Ronda and a third (Shayna maybe?) will gang up on Liv either this Friday or a future SmackDown and she'll get saved by Sasha and Naomi. It'd be nice if they had them come from the crowd and be dressed as a 'mystery assailant' so you can't tell who it is and then they pull off their 'ski masks' or whatever to reveal who they are but honestly I'm not even expecting that lol. Just a regular 'heels gang up on poor babyface so the returning people come back for the save'

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

If they do decide to bring back Sasha and Naomi, they should definitely be on thin ice. If they want to pull that "walk out" stunt again (Sasha has done it twice now), then give them their walking papers and say good riddance. Otherwise, Sasha is probably still a big enough name and I imagine the whole fiasco probably garnered them enough attention that it permeated more than just the internet wrestling community. Sasha has done enough of "being away and coming back" to a huge pop before, but Naomi is not exactly the biggest name out there. She would also likely get a big pop from the crowd, though.

• Like 1

Really need to get back into the product and seems like now is a good time with all the hierarchy changes. Although really don't want to see some of HHH's NXT projects getting pushed. Wouldn't be shocked if we see the return of Johnny Gargano now, who is literally like if a cast member of the Big Bang Theory got muscles and decided to become a wrestler. Not a fan lol.

Edited by Glorious Fury
  • Like 1

I was pretty impressed with Summerslam. Most matches were good, some were just solid, like every Usos match is never anything more than solid because they are simply not exciting, but performers who reliably deliver solid matches are needed as well so I don't mind. Lesnar vs Reigns was much better than it had any right to be, aside from the lazy ending of burying him under stuff to stop him from getting up, would have wished for a slightly more original ending, like burying him under the tractor shovel he jumped off of, I also didn't like how bad they made Theory look if he is supposed to be the future. Celebrity matches suddenly being watchable, even entertaining, is a weird new trend to me given how awful these matches usually were a few years back. Didn't really watch any of the womens matches, unless they have a red hot feud going I usually do not bother with them.

This definitely beats the last Summerslam I watched by quite a lot, and aside from a few annoyances the Raw after Summerslam worked pretty well too. I only feel pretty bad for Dominik Mysterio, the man has to let a woman manhandle him despite his size, yes a roided up low budget Luna Vachon woman but still, one of the better ways to use the pg-14 would be to actually fight back against attacking women instead of letting them hit and choke guys without retaliation. Not sure why Dominik gets that kind of disrespect because he seems to be a talented young wrestler, but with how Austin Theory was treated I guess sticking it to the young guys instead of making them look good is still part of the WWE policy, almost as if the current top dogs like Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns have forgotten about how everyone went out of their way to make them look like a million bucks when they were in their 20s.

• Like 1

Smackdown was interesting... huge womens gauntlet... Shayna won. Good.

Karrion Kross shit kicked McInshit and then stared down Roman and Scarlett left the doomsday clock. 

Give Kross the fuckin belt!!!! He could take out Roman or Drew for it. Then whenever the belts get split Theory can cash in on one.

But Black/Gold NXT is shining on the main roster. 

Thank you Triple H.

If only Vince got busted sooner. 

Pros:

- Kross 

- Womens Tag Title tournament finally

- Womens Gauntlet

- Richochet had some solid tv time lol

Cons:

- Kofi beat a Raider. so like... now they arent a force.

@Rozalia1 Kross to dethrone Roman? long shot but I feel Triple H isnt gonna wanna keep pushing for 100, 200, 300 more days for Roman. Or those titles are getting split somehow, combined into 1 and Raw gets the big gold title back or something. 

Either way, Smackdown was pretty exciting.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Smackdown was interesting... huge womens gauntlet... Shayna won. Good.

Karrion Kross shit kicked McInshit and then stared down Roman and Scarlett left the doomsday clock. 

Give Kross the fuckin belt!!!! He could take out Roman or Drew for it. Then whenever the belts get split Theory can cash in on one.

But Black/Gold NXT is shining on the main roster. 

Thank you Triple H.

If only Vince got busted sooner. 

Pros:

- Kross 

- Womens Tag Title tournament finally

- Womens Gauntlet

- Richochet had some solid tv time lol

Cons:

- Kofi beat a Raider. so like... now they arent a force.

@Rozalia1 Kross to dethrone Roman? long shot but I feel Triple H isnt gonna wanna keep pushing for 100, 200, 300 more days for Roman. Or those titles are getting split somehow, combined into 1 and Raw gets the big gold title back or something. 

Either way, Smackdown was pretty exciting.

There are positives to Kross, but at the same time I was dreading HHH getting his DnD character back (hopefully some points were added to charisma). We'll have to see how it goes on the main roster and ironically Vince wrecking him the first time round might help him now. He was however rejected in the old NXT because Kross instantly comes off like such a HHH favourite, his OC, what he'd create as CAW. I don't see why people would attack the young Theory for being Vince's boy and then just be okay with the much older Kross (37) who is booked far stronger than Theory has ever been. Him coming back so ultra quick also would point to Gargano coming back which... is likely not great, especially if HHH does the obvious which would be Gargano beating Theory endlessly which... but I'll wait for stuff to happen before getting angry at it. I can't support Roman getting beat by Kross because in my mind when you got such a reign and with it being Roman too, it needs to be a young guy who beats him as otherwise it'll be a waste. On the face side of things you have Bron Breakker (24) and Solo Sikoa (29) while on the heel side (though they can always be switched face) you have Theory (25) and Carmelo Hayes (28). You could run great stories with all 4 guys I mentioned, get them over on the main roster, and make them with a victory over Roman. 

We have been seeing more main roster changes though yeah. Shows are better booked and the show once again has a significant amount of wrestling which if HHH can keep meaningful then great. Something people forget is that during the Authority angle the shows would often have a lot of wrestling but it'd all be so predictable, repetitive, meaningless, and long simply to be long that people hated it. That crowd they had there worried me a bit due to doing Ronda chants (though some people later chanted Liv too) as I'm glad that Vince's bad booking and AEW's rise drove those sort of crowds away (smarks backing the heels and booing faces to get themselves over), but well, they were alive at least. Something WWE has done in the last however many years is they really conditioned the audience to not care about matches so unlike in NXT 2.0 or AEW (when Women aren't wrestling) the crowd is usually largely dead.

NXT 2.0

Gigi continues to look unsure out there and is making me wonder if the issue is more mental than physical. She has been given time already and eventually patience will run out so she needs to fix whatever issues she has. She has great potential, but if she can't bring it back out then it doesn't matter. As I don't really mention it all that much, credit to her partner Jacy Jayne. At the start of 2.0 Jacy was very clearly the worst member of Toxic Attraction but since then she has significantly improved her ring and character work to where you can very well say she is the best member now. Kayden and Katana winning was the right move as they've been a tag team for a good while and never won the titles, so a nice thank you to them, but they should get sent to the main roster soon so Tatum and Ivy look like the better team to strap up.

Some people don't like it, though I think it is more that he is a "chosen one", but I actually do like Bron whenever he acts like Scot and just calls his opponents stuff like sickos and just no sells them which is what he should have done with Gacy, so good to see him do it here with Doctor McDonagh.

I love that Dyad 1, Jagger, knows that the gimmick isn't great but he is giving it everything he can so we keep getting some fun faces out of him.

Duke Hudson on the show is always fun due to Wade Barret drooling over The Duke being a Alpha Male packing a prime 265lbs of Aussie beef with rippling muscles. Really shouldn't be a job guy but at this point it is what it is. I'd hope he gets a more successful run on the main roster which with Vince there would have been more likely, but with HHH who knows.

Santos is back to I assume job to D'Angelo and finally go the main roster with the rest of Legato which okay, sounds good. I think it would have been better if D'Angelo kept the Legato guys who instead turned on Santos. An aspect I like about their feud is that it is a running joke that Santos keeps calling up Tony D to laugh at him. To briefly mention AEW I find it funny also that Two Dimes who is now in AEW (as Cole Carter) is now with Q.T. Marshall who like Tony D is a Tony Soprano cosplayer. 

For the main event I liked them referencing Solo's previous falls count anywhere match with Boa and how they've not seen Boa since. Being able to reference stuff that previously happened more than X weeks ago is nice, though I don't think NXT ever had that restriction like the main roster did (which seems to have been lifted). With the falls count anywhere match being Solos match in essence he was always going to win this as he should.

• Like 1

I'm not saying this is going to happen... (clearly...) but I decided to look a certain thing up last night.

Raw in is Cleveland Ohio this Monday. What former 'Triple H' guy is from this location?

Spoiler

Johnny Gargano

Obviously it might be too soon. Maybe they want him back in NXT for a bit. Personally he should go straight to the main roster for another 'statement' IMO but obviously that's subjective. But the Kross situation happened really fast and much sooner than expected too.

I'm not making any assumptions. The exact opposite in fact. My expectation is that it ain't happening... yet.

I'm just putting that possibility out there is all.

I'd pop huge though tbh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm not saying this is going to happen... (clearly...) but I decided to look a certain thing up last night.

Raw in is Cleveland Ohio this Monday. What former 'Triple H' guy is from this location?

Hide contents

Johnny Gargano

Obviously it might be too soon. Maybe they want him back in NXT for a bit. Personally he should go straight to the main roster for another 'statement' IMO but obviously that's subjective. But the Kross situation happened really fast and much sooner than expected too.

I'm not making any assumptions. The exact opposite in fact. My expectation is that it ain't happening... yet.

I'd pop huge though tbh

It's all over Twitter about what you are suggesting could happen tomorrow night. Also seeing people saying his wife and Indi Hartwell will reunite and be in the tag team tournament. All I can say is we will see. I try to keep my expectations in check when it comes to this sort of thing.

13 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Johnny Gargano

I'd pop huge though tbh

Ciampa loses his match with Lashley. Miz randomly turns on Ciampa. Gargano makes the save. Ciampa and Gargano are back as a tag team. 

I'd personally hate it. Both are older guys but out of the two Ciampa has far more potential and Gargano would just drag him down. It'd also throw away Ciampa's work of the last couple of years which was the Sports Entertainer gimmick (before Jericho decided to do it). Which after Ciampa reminded me of in his latest internet promo... actually made sense of the Miz pairing. If you want to be the greatest Sports Entertainer of all time then who are you going to want to learn from? The Miz. It'd have been great if you know, instead of having Ciampa randomly attack people for the Miz and be a mute, they had him communicate it to the people that The Miz is his hero for being the ultimate Sports Entertainer. Which I'm sure was going to happen at some point, but Vince ripped up the script and then it never happened. 

13 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

It's all over Twitter about what you are suggesting could happen tomorrow night. Also seeing people saying his wife and Indi Hartwell will reunite and be in the tag team tournament. All I can say is we will see. I try to keep my expectations in check when it comes to this sort of thing.

I don't have as big an issue with his wife, Candice, because Indi at the moment really needs someone to help her out. Indi is currently unsure of herself, needs someone to teach her to use her size and not try to be like other women, and also just to have someone to bounce off as Indi by herself struggles. I'm totally against attaching Theory to them though. Guy can be a future big time player and needs to be built up, not waste time being a goof in a weak stable.

As for the tag team tournament. I'd like it if HHH could make them actually mean something. Rather than just having 8 teams or even worse 4, have at least 16. For example the below 16 would work.

Face

Sasha & Naomi

Liv & Bianca

Candice & Indi

Alexa & Asuka

Chance & Carter

Tatum & Ivy

Lash & Nikkita

Roxanne & Raquel

Heel

Fire & Desire

Toxic Attraction

Control

Ronda & Shayna

Natalya & Tamina

Charlotte & Lacy/Rhea 

Shotzi & Xia Li

Nikki & Doudrop

If a tournament is bigger and you have big names wanting to be a part of it and win the titles then you increase the prestige of the whole thing instantly. It also allows you to see match ups you normally would not see and also of course allow you to carry on feuds by for example having Liv & Bianca vs Control/Ronda & Shayna. The NXT women also would be good to have out there as you tell people who don't watch NXT 2.0 that these women exist.

• Like 1