The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Those "fans" were what are known as "smarks", they think they are so smart because they knew who he was before, and it was only a couple of idiots, the whole place went nuts when they came out.  This is good, because they took out a monster, and this could lead to two things, one is kane not being able to compete in money in the bank because he was stretchered out, which would lead to kane coming back as the monster that he once was, and at some point bringing taker into the mix, and have the wyatt family face them and go over.  Number two is, maybe it's not going to be a fued with kane, maybe at money in the bank they take someone else out, I would have loved for them to fued with the mcmahons, but don't worry, something big is planned for them, my guess, their next target is cena.  And I agree about the matches being good, but the promos and segments were awful, but Maddox for GM!  YES!YES!YES!

Haha I completely know what "Smarks" are buddy, the point I was trying to make was that they did not make a OMG debut, which is how the vignettes were marketed to us. So not getting what I was expecting was a bit of a sham.. I think you are right on the Kane front, as they will not be feuding with him, he was just the initial victim for them. But, Kane's days as being a monster are pretty much over, his run with the World Title 2 years ago as the devil's favorite monster, or whatever he was calling himself was his last run at the top. There is no need for another monster heel or top heel in that.. Henry and Del Rio have that covered. Hopefully they will keep Kane strong so he can put over new talent which I think he is going too! As for Maddox becoming the new Gm great move and the look on his face was priceless! Also loved Vinny Mac getting on the fans last night dude makes me laugh!

Haha I completely know what "Smarks" are buddy, the point I was trying to make was that they did not make a OMG debut, which is how the vignettes were marketed to us. So not getting what I was expecting was a bit of a sham.. I think you are right on the Kane front, as they will not be feuding with him, he was just the initial victim for them. But, Kane's days as being a monster are pretty much over, his run with the World Title 2 years ago as the devil's favorite monster, or whatever he was calling himself was his last run at the top. There is no need for another monster heel or top heel in that.. Henry and Del Rio have that covered. Hopefully they will keep Kane strong so he can put over new talent which I think he is going too! As for Maddox becoming the new Gm great move and the look on his face was priceless! Also loved Vinny Mac getting on the fans last night dude makes me laugh!

Yeah, Vince heel needs to come back full time, he was one of the reasons the attitude era was so successful, but really outside of doing something with the mcmahons, I don't know what would have been an OMG debut, you know?

Taking out Punk and Orton would have been the OMG debut that would have fit on that show last night! Neither man needed a win over the other to make themselves look stronger for the MITB match. Coming down and wiping out the other 2 top stars and cutting a promo, declaring their intent on Live TV. That is the OMG moment that I wanted to see.. they could have at least jumped both Kane and Christian

• Like 1

Great opening match, great closing match, the RVD highlights were amazing (especially the legendary match he had with Eddie), disappointing Wyatt debut (watching him "blow out" the obvious light bulb in his lantern kind of killed the effect for me, lol), and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much Vickie.  The performance review seemed to drag on too long but that might just be because Vickie's voice makes a 5 minute segment feel like 30.  Never been that into Brad Maddox but it's not like the GM has really ever been anything other than a glorified match announcer anyways.  Had some pretty high hopes for this show, especially after the stellar programming they've been putting on and there were some very high peaks for sure but the amount of mediocrity far outweighed them.

I wonder why they decided that the Shield needs to finish every match with the most overused and boring finisher ever.  The only advantage to it is the surprise factor.  It'd be nice to see a match finished with a blackout for once.

Well it seems Kane won't be at Money In the Bank event i guess he wanted some time off here the storyline WWE.com has about his condition

- WWE published an article stating that Kane was injured by The Wyatt Family on last night's RAW. Their article noted that Kane was stretchered from ringside and his cervical spine was immobilized with a cervical collar.

WWE's Dr. Chris Amann said that Kane was coherent in the ambulance but they are concerned that he may have suffered "any sort of brain or cervical spine trauma that may be significant enough to either warrant surgery, or an extended period of time away from the ring."

The article questioned Kane's status for this Sunday's WWE Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

Well it seems Kane won't be at Money In the Bank event i guess he wanted some time off here the storyline WWE.com has about his condition

Thank god, I know you love Kane and all, but the man is 46 years old, that spot was more deserving to a younger guy, don't get me wrong though, I like him too.

Any predictions for the two ladder matches?

I think Daniel Bryan will win the Raw briefcase, just based on the hot streak he's on it would surprise me if he didn't win.

I'm going with Ambrose for the Smackdown briefcase, he'll most likely drop the U.S belt to Christian down the road, then start a feud with Ziggler for the World title.

I think Daniel Bryan will win the Raw briefcase, just based on the hot streak he's on it would surprise me if he didn't win.

I'm going with Ambrose for the Smackdown briefcase, he'll most likely drop the U.S belt to Christian down the road, then start a feud with Ziggler for the World title.

I think you are dead on with your prediction.. Although I would really like to see Cesaro win the briefcase! That dude is a monster!!

No way Bryan wins the Raw briefcase, way too predictable, and he ended the show Monday on top, every time that happens, you end up losing on pay per view, besides, he needs to work on his mic skills a little bit. It's going to be orton or RVD.  For smackdown, it's either Sandow or Ambrose.

The world going around is that Bray Wyatt will replace Kane in the match, what do you guys think about this?  Too soon?  If he is in it there is no way he loses with his 2 monsters helping him out.

No way Bryan wins the Raw briefcase, way too predictable, and he ended the show Monday on top, every time that happens, you end up losing on pay per view, besides, he needs to work on his mic skills a little bit. It's going to be orton or RVD.  For smackdown, it's either Sandow or Ambrose.The world going around is that Bray Wyatt will replace Kane in the match, what do you guys think about this?  Too soon?  If he is in it there is no way he loses with his 2 monsters helping him out.

Yeah Bryan ending Raw was kinda weird, and with Wyatt maybe going in it adds unpredictability. But this is for a chance at the WWE title, I just don't see RVD or Orton getting it based on their previous wellness policy strikes. I don't think they have enough trust in Orton to stay off whatever he was taking which is why he hasn't had a belt in 2 years. Wyatt getting it would be way too soon, unless Vince decide to push him to the moon right after his debut.

Yeah Bryan ending Raw was kinda weird, and with Wyatt maybe going in it adds unpredictability. But this is for a chance at the WWE title, I just don't see RVD or Orton getting it based on their previous wellness policy strikes. I don't think they have enough trust in Orton to stay off whatever he was taking which is why he hasn't had a belt in 2 years. Wyatt getting it would be way too soon, unless Vince decide to push him to the moon right after his debut.

Orton is ready to be a top main eventer again, a heel orton with the belt is long overdue, the guy has been clean for a while now, I say give him a chance.  As for RVD, the wwe brought him back, why waste his big return losing.

Orton is ready to be a top main eventer again, a heel orton with the belt is long overdue, the guy has been clean for a while now, I say give him a chance.  As for RVD, the wwe brought him back, why waste his big return losing.

Well that's true maybe they'll start trusting Orton again, and heel Orton was awesome. As for RVD, I honestly think they just brought him back to sell the PPV and to add more excitement to the ladder match itself, we know what kind of crazy things he can do using a ladder.

• Like 1

i am a fan of WWE, i follow RAW, Smackdown and PPV's every week (PPV's every month), i don't watch Main Event or Superstars though, that's boring. i really want to buy WWE 13, but i don't have money to buy any game currently, and WWE 13 is like the 3rd or 4th game on my game wish list :/, i really want to buy it though, i won't buy WWE 2K14, i'll buy WWE 13, i guess the price will fall after WWE 2K14

RVD will have his fingertips on the case at some point but that's as far as I see it going.  Opposite momentum says Bryan won't win it at the moment but

Orton ends up being the man on top to close Smackdown

so who knows.

I'm sticking with Bryan and Cesaro for my MitB picks.  Hopefully Orton will cement a heel turn during the match. 

Am I the only one who believes that Wade Barrett is in with a good chance of finally getting his world title push by winning his mitb ladder match as he was rumoured to win one before he suffered his last injury ... Then again I could be biased as I am an Englishman :D  

Am I the only one who believes that Wade Barrett is in with a good chance of finally getting his world title push by winning his mitb ladder match as he was rumoured to win one before he suffered his last injury ... Then again I could be biased as I am an Englishman :D

I would have loved to see him win a year ago when he was using this theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYUY8LDRcGM

Him losing to Bo Dallas made me lose hope for his push. :(

Here's who I want to win and who I think won't win.

Barrett

• Was going to the top before his injury.
  • Lost momentum after he started losing to jobbers.

Rhodes

• Was having a great run as IC Champion.
  • Lose the 'stache you cheeky bastard.

Sandow

• He's got the skill but I don't think it's time. 
  • Needs to actually part ways with Rhodes or win the Tag Team titles.

Ambrose

• Way too soon.

Fandango

• He's talented but that gimmick.. 

Swagger

• I could have seen him being on top as the World Champ again.
  • Weed the People

Cesaro (Smackdown Winner)

• Mic and in ring skill.
  • The guy is a natural monster (strength wise)
  • Lose Colter and the USA gimmick.

Sheamus

• I feel a heel turn coming with him.
  • I feel his WWE run has come to a halt.

Christian

• Never liked the old school Christian.
  • Doesn't need to win, but it would be nice to add the WWE Championship to his list of accomplishments in the WWE.

Bryan (Possible Raw Winner)

• The momentum with him has grown exponentially.
  • He is completely over. The crowd is behind him 100%.
  • He's recent matches with Orton and Rollins have been phenomenal.

CM Punk

• Possible 3 time MITB winner?
  • He's been slacking ever since returning, so i don't see him winning.

RVD

• No real reason for him to win though it'd be awesome.

Orton

• Orton carrying around a briefcase just doesn't sit right with me.
  • Heel turn would be great though.
Edited by Serge

I haven't watched it in a while, but yeah I like it, Triple H would be my favorite even know he's pretty much done with the sport.  Then I like William Regal, Sheamus and CM Punk as well.  Used to watch it regularly but now I only ever bother with the PPVs and read up on anything that confuses me, I don't have a great attention span when it comes to TV shows and with RAW being 3 hours long now, I probably couldn't sit through the whole thing. lol

Pros:Great matches

Bryan didn't win

Cons:the shield was on the preshow

the outcomes for the most part were terrible

The future looks bright, that world heavyweight contract match was awesome, I will be in their places one day =)

Edited by drummerklg

Wow did not see Sandow winning at all, smack down will actually be interesting now. Also Orton winning was a surprise but it'll most likely set up the long awaited heel turn, I still think Bryan should've won he gets the biggest reaction every single night, haven't seen this type of reaction since Austin or Rock.