The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

>WWE addresses in their own script that the fans want Sasha Banks

>puts Sasha Banks in #1 contender's match

>loses

oh

I see they're gonna keep dragging this out like how they did with Daniel Bryan, although dragging out Daniel Bryan made him the next big star in WWE until he got himself injured. Hopefully they intend to do the same thing

And this is a bit late, but I feel really bad for Tyler Breeze for his main roster debut to be placed inside that messy Dolph Ziggler/Summer Rae thingy that nobody cares about

While this of course sucks for Rollins (as any injury would) from a creative standpoint it is actually good for him. His run hasn't been lighting the world on fire so if he is gone for 6-9 months when he comes back it will be to a huge pop. He will be an instant Babyface and have a legitimate excuse to demand a title shot as he never lost it. 

Also this is really going to force the company to actually build new stars as this is not a good place to be in. Hopefully they don't panic and put the title on Brock Lesnar or Big Show.

Well, that sucks. Wonder what they're going to do for Wrestlemania now? This has to be a huge hit for their plans.

I see Reigns in the main event of WM32 for sure. The question is who will be his opponent and there are three options that I could come up with.

They could do a rematch with Lesnar since Rollins kind of spoiled last years match, although I REALLY don't want to see that happen again. Lesnar is great but he needs to stay out of the WWE title picture.

They could do Reigns Vs Bray Wyatt if the Wyatts continue their streak of dominance although this is another match I really don't care to see after their boring feud that just ended.

And the last option in my opinion would be to do Ambrose/Reigns with Ambrose turning on Reigns at Survivor Series to win the title, have Reigns chase Ambrose for a while until winning the Rumble again and challenging for the strap. Some might not be happy with Reigns winning the rumble again but I feel like if Ambrose gets the title and put into the spotlight for the next 4-6 months then it's a fair trade off.

You could potentially do Cena/Reigns but no one wants to see that at WM, that's more of a Summerslam main event in my opinion. Orton/Reigns just doesn't hold enough interest with Ortons decline in popularity and Reigns just now getting over with the fans. The only three people in my opinion that make sense are Wyatt, Lesnar and Ambrose.

I see Reigns in the main event of WM32 for sure. The question is who will be his opponent and there are three options that I could come up with.

They could do a rematch with Lesnar since Rollins kind of spoiled last years match, although I REALLY don't want to see that happen again. Lesnar is great but he needs to stay out of the WWE title picture.

They could do Reigns Vs Bray Wyatt if the Wyatts continue their streak of dominance although this is another match I really don't care to see after their boring feud that just ended.

And the last option in my opinion would be to do Ambrose/Reigns with Ambrose turning on Reigns at Survivor Series to win the title, have Reigns chase Ambrose for a while until winning the Rumble again and challenging for the strap. Some might not be happy with Reigns winning the rumble again but I feel like if Ambrose gets the title and put into the spotlight for the next 4-6 months then it's a fair trade off.

You could potentially do Cena/Reigns but no one wants to see that at WM, that's more of a Summerslam main event in my opinion. Orton/Reigns just doesn't hold enough interest with Ortons decline in popularity and Reigns just now getting over with the fans. The only three people in my opinion that make sense are Wyatt, Lesnar and Ambrose.

Don't forget about a certain great white fella.

Plus, I don't know if Reigns winning at Wrestlemania against a heel Ambrose will work. You have to remember, Wrestlemania is a smark show. No way will they cheer Reigns over Ambrose. I doubt WWE wants the biggest Wrestlemania of all time to end with 100,000+ people booing the new babyface champ.

I think we may get a War Games 1998 scenario. Corporate Roman? A heel Roman vs. face Ambrose could definitely work.

Don't forget about a certain great white fella.

Plus, I don't know if Reigns winning at Wrestlemania against a heel Ambrose will work. You have to remember, Wrestlemania is a smark show. No way will they cheer Reigns over Ambrose. I doubt WWE wants the biggest Wrestlemania of all time to end with 100,000+ people booing the new babyface champ.

I think we may get a War Games 1998 scenario. Corporate Roman? A heel Roman vs. face Ambrose could definitely work.

If Sheamus wins the title anytime soon, which I highly doubt, I don't see him walking in or out of Mania with the belt.

You do bring up a good point though about Reigns/Ambrose. I suppose that could definitely work if WWE has the balls to turn their boy heel. Everyone is expecting Ambrose to turn soon so it would definitely be a nice surprise. If we see a heel Roman Vs a face Ambrose, who do you see walking out as champ?

Now that It think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing heel Roman Vs face Lesnar. I feel like they could keep the belt on Roman this way since there weren't too many people happy with Lesnar being champ last time around.

If Sheamus wins the title anytime soon, which I highly doubt, I don't see him walking in or out of Mania with the belt.

You do bring up a good point though about Reigns/Ambrose. I suppose that could definitely work if WWE has the balls to turn their boy heel. Everyone is expecting Ambrose to turn soon so it would definitely be a nice surprise. If we see a heel Roman Vs a face Ambrose, who do you see walking out as champ?

Now that It think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing heel Roman Vs face Lesnar. I feel like they could keep the belt on Roman this way since there weren't too many people happy with Lesnar being champ last time around.

Roman turns heel on Ambrose in the finals, with help of HHH. Ambrose chases him until Wrestlemania, where he finally gets the championship.

I am also 100% ok with Lesnar being champion again. Dude is a beast, and one of the greatest ever. His appearances are always special. And having the champ off Raw a lot means we we don't have to see the same matches over and over, which are then just repeated on the PPV (like Seth vs. Kane). It also makes the title look way more prestigious, when the champ isn't constantly losing every week to random people like Ryback.

Roman turns heel on Ambrose in the finals, with help of HHH. Ambrose chases him until Wrestlemania, where he finally gets the championship.

I am also 100% ok with Lesnar being champion again. Dude is a beast, and one of the greatest ever. His appearances are always special. And having the champ off Raw a lot means we we don't have to see the same matches over and over, which are then just repeated on the PPV (like Seth vs. Kane). It also makes the title look way more prestigious, when the champ isn't constantly losing every week to random people like Ryback.

If Brock were to hold the belt leading up to WM I wouldn't mind since there is so much going on that you wouldn't need the champ there to keep things interesting but I honestly don't trust the WWE to keep fresh storylines going post WM. The months leading up to Summerslam and the Royal Rumble are usually the worst TV you'll get from the WWE all year not counting NXT.

Tournament Participants in my opinion: Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, Del Rio, Cesaro, Ziggler, Brock, and Sheamus. Semi-Finals: Reigns VS Ambrose and Lesnar VS Cesaro. Finals: Reigns VS Lesnar Part 2. Ambrose screws Roman at SS tired of fighting Romans battles for him. The feud up till around Wrestlemania where it will be Reigns VS Lesnar Part 3 where Roman finally goes over. People hoping for a Shield Triple Threat at Wrestlemania should stop. Rollins will be out till almost next summer. I hope him a speedy recovery.

Tournament Participants in my opinion: Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, Del Rio, Cesaro, Ziggler, Brock, and Sheamus. Semi-Finals: Reigns VS Ambrose and Lesnar VS Cesaro. Finals: Reigns VS Lesnar Part 2. Ambrose screws Roman at SS tired of fighting Romans battles for him. The feud up till around Wrestlemania where it will be Reigns VS Lesnar Part 3 where Roman finally goes over. People hoping for a Shield Triple Threat at Wrestlemania should stop. Rollins will be out till almost next summer. I hope him a speedy recovery.

For some reason I doubt we see Lesnar have multiple matches in one night unless he completely squashes everyone until Reigns but then that means you need to put fodder opponents for him. I guess it would be somewhat funny to see Lesnar destory all of New Day in one night :P

I do like your idea though, I just don't see it happening. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Shield triple threat at summerslam with a face Rollins returning to challenge both Ambrose & Reigns, one of which would have turned heel by then.

• Like 1

Yeah, I doubt we see Brock in the tournament. As fun as it would be to see him steamroll through everyone. Since, apparently, the whole tournament will be taking place at Survivor Series, I don't expect a big tournament. Maybe Sheamus vs. Roman, Dean vs. Ryback. Then Dean vs. Roman in the finals, with a corporate Roman heel turn (and a failed Sheamus cash in, because of HHH).

As for a Rollins face turn, it would work perfectly. Play up Roman as the new golden boy of the Authority. Have HHH talk shit about Seth being a failure, blah blah. Having a big heel like HHH talk shit about an injured guy will certainly get even the casual fans to feel bad for Seth.

Oh, and anyone notice how eerie it is that Seth is like a younger HHH? He's obviously one of HHH's favourites behind the scenes. He is super protected. He even got the Pedigree as his finisher. Now, in the middle of his big heel run, he gets a devastating leg injury (like HHH in 2002)?

Yeah, I doubt we see Brock in the tournament. As fun as it would be to see him steamroll through everyone. Since, apparently, the whole tournament will be taking place at Survivor Series, I don't expect a big tournament. Maybe Sheamus vs. Roman, Dean vs. Ryback. Then Dean vs. Roman in the finals, with a corporate Roman heel turn (and a failed Sheamus cash in, because of HHH).

As for a Rollins face turn, it would work perfectly. Play up Roman as the new golden boy of the Authority. Have HHH talk shit about Seth being a failure, blah blah. Having a big heel like HHH talk shit about an injured guy will certainly get even the casual fans to feel bad for Seth.

Oh, and anyone notice how eerie it is that Seth is like a younger HHH? He's obviously one of HHH's favourites behind the scenes. He is super protected. He even got the Pedigree as his finisher. Now, in the middle of his big heel run, he gets a devastating leg injury (like HHH in 2002)?

Yeah that's crazy about Rollins! I mean, I remember when the Shield first made their big debut and everyone was saying how Rollins is destined to be the mid card guy of the group. He's always been a favorite of mine dating back to his ROH days as Tyler Black and I marked the hell out when he cashed in at Wrestlemania to pick up the belt.

As for the tournament being short, I kinda agree with you but I wish they would just move all their planned matches for Survivor Series over to the following Raw and just give us a legitimate tournament similar to the one we got in 98 (I think it was 98). Then the following Raw we get the IC, US, Tag, Divas championship matches that were originally scheduled for SS. Would make for good TV.

Vince just has to suck it up and pay Brock whatever he wants :P Lesnar is a huge draw and its unfortunate that he cant be around all the time. I get that some people like Lesnar in his current schedule, meaning when he wrestles its a special treat. I just want to see the man destroy people on a weekly basis :P

Dunno if anyone saw the Whatculture video about Seth but as they point out Seth is the only main event heel atm so they need to bump up a midcard or get a maineventer to turn heel.....and basically the only options are Reigns and Ambrose. Unless Lesnar comes back in full heel force but.....urgh imo

Edited by m0nst3rG4m3r007

Yup right down to the 20 minute promos to start the show. I guess we need the Rock (or Roman) to come down and redo this speech telling him that 20 minute promos suck :P

Yup right down to the 20 minute promos to start the show. I guess we need the Rock (or Roman) to come down and redo this speech telling him that 20 minute promos suck :P

It's a good way to get heat on him I guess :P Bore people with your promos and then make up for it with great matches.

So WWE Word Heavyweight Title brackets are in...what the hell did Barrett do to deserve a title shot opportunity? Besides being Dad of the Year what did Titus O'Neil do also? Also Kalisto? Shouldn't Kofi and Big E be included (as they are the tag champs)? Wouldn't Heyman have pushed for Brock to be included? This is a very weird tournament :(.

Bracket A:

*Big Show vs. Roman Reigns.

*Sheamus vs. Cesaro.

*Ryback vs. Kalisto.

*WWE United States champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Stardust.

Bracket B:

*WWE Intercontinental champion Kevin Owens vs. Titus O'Neil.

*King Barrett vs. Neville.

*The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler.

*Tyler Breeze vs. Dean Ambrose.