The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I haven't watch any main roster stuff since SummerSlam so I don't have high expectations towards Royal Rumble. I honestly don't have any favorite to win this year. All I want is a entertaining Rumble match. It would be a nice change, 2014 & 2015 were awful.

So as we get closer to the Rumble, I'm starting to think we may actually see Bray Wyatt win. The way the Wyatt Family has been randomly pushed in the past few weeks makes it seem so. They've somewhat stood up to the McMahons. They were part of Vince's "One vs. All" match. But they just stood in the back, and left once Lesnar's music hit. Then they took out both Brock and Roman last week.

Bray should've been champion by now. They've done nothing but make him look like a chump since his debut. He's been all talk against the big names, but he's yet to win anything meaningful. It's about time he becomes WWE champion, and the family becomes a legit threat again.

I agree with this, all day long. But oh, I remember the way I raged quit watching WWE back in August 2014 when Super Cena DECIMATED Bray and the entire Wyatt Family. THAT pissed me off. And then there was hope again for Bray when he returned at HIAC and attacked Dean Ambrose. Then came the first feud with Undertaker. The promos were epic. Everything was perfectly set in place for Bray to be the new face of fear, as he claimed he would be, IF he defeated Undertaker at WrestleMania 31. But he didn't. And it was a golden opportunity for the character of Bray Wyatt to finally live up to terrifying eater of worlds he claimed to be. And WWE fucked it up. 

The thing I hated the most, what killed Bray for me, was going on RAW the very next night and calling himself the new face of fear. Like, uh, hey! You didn't beat Undertaker. You ain't shit. After WrestleMania 31 is when Bray became as important as The Miz to me. The character's credibility had suffered some heavy damage.

I've been getting the feeling also that Bray might win the RR. And I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, honestly. I haven't been able to take the Wyatts seriously for so long, they've just kind of slipped away from me recently.

The thing I hated the most, what killed Bray for me, was going on RAW the very next night and calling himself the new face of fear. Like, uh, hey! You didn't beat Undertaker. You ain't shit. After WrestleMania 31 is when Bray became as important as The Miz to me. The character's credibility had suffered some heavy damage.

That's the part I love the most.

"Hey, for weeks I called out the Undertaker only for him not to show up. Now we all know the reason he didn't show up wasn't because he found me to be an insignificant threat...no he was scared of me. Then at Wrestlemania when Taker did finally show up...he trounced me pretty good and beat me clean in the middle of the ring...but look it is Monday and Undertaker is still nowhere to be found so that means I won...I guess :("

Then several months later Bray attacks Undertaker again

"Hey Undertaker you might have beat me last time but now I have 3 huge men backing me up so this time I will win"

Undertaker beats him and the rest of the family on every occasion and then goes away again

"So Undertaker, yeah you beat me really good over and over and over. I mean even 4 on 1 odds didn't help me at all...but I AM THE FACE OF FEAR and by that I mean I am really scared of you so please don't come back :("

So I just simulated the Rumble in WWE 2K16. Had some interesting results, that will most definitely happen tonight.

-I couldn't figure out how to put Roman #1, so #1 was Neville.

-#2 was Undertaker.

-Brock Lesnar entered at #4. He had 13 eliminations, including Reigns, Big Show, and Bryan.

-Heath Slater entered at #25 and eliminated Brock. He also eliminated #28, Bray Wyatt.

-#30 was Bo Dallas.

-Final four in the match: Jericho, Harper, Axel, and Bo.

-Axel eliminates Bo. Jericho eliminates Harper

-Axel eliminates Jericho to become 2 time Royal Rumble winner. Often imitated, never eliminated.

So there you have it, no reason to watch tonight. Curtis Axel wins again.

• Like 3

Royal Rumble Results

No need for ignorance; if you do not want to know the results, do NOT click the spoiler.

Jack Swagger & Mark Henry (d.) The Ascension,  The Dudley Boyz, and Darren Young & Damien Sandow - Swagger and Henry are in the Rumble.

Dean Ambrose (d.) Kevin Owens - Dean retains Intercontinental Championship.

The New Day (d.) The Usos - New Day retains Tag Team Championship.

Kalisto (d.) Alberto Del Rio - Kalisto is the new U.S. Champion.

Charlotte with assistance from Ric Flair (d.) Becky Lynch - Charlotte retains Divas Championship. Sasha Banks makes returns, attacks Becky then puts Charlotte in Bank Statement.

Garcia botches Royal Rumble intro.

Roman Reigns enters at #1 with a resounding roar of boos (and has been winded already).

Rusev enters at #2 with Lana.

Reigns eliminates Rusev before 3rd entrant

AJ Styles enters at #3 (Yes, this is a fucking fact and the crowd went apeshit)

Tyler Breeze enters at #4

Styles and Reigns eliminate Breeze

Curtis Axel enters at #5

Styles eliminates Axel

Jericho enters at #6

Demon Kane enters at #7

Goldust enters at #8

Ryback enters at #9 (uproar of boos begin)

Kofi Kingston enters at #10 (massive cheers)

Titus O'Neil enters at #11

Titus eliminates Goldust

R-Truth enters at #12 (thinking it's a ladder match)

Kane eliminates R-Truth

Kofi avoids elimination when Big E catches him

Luke Harper enters at #13
League of Nations
pull Reigns under the bottom rope and begin their assault

Stardust enters at #14

Rusev stampedes across the announce tables and crushes Reigns

Reigns is taken to the back for "examination"

Big Show enters at #15

Big Show eliminates Titus and Ryback

Neville enters at #16

Braun Strowman enters at #17

Strowman eliminates Kane

Strowman eliminates Big Show

Kevin Owens enters at #18

Owens eliminates... Styles

Ambrose enters at #19

Sami Zayn enters at #20 (cheers all around)

Zayn eliminates Owens

Erick Rowan enters at #21

Mark Henry enters at #22

Wyatt Family eliminate Henry

Strowman eliminates Zayn

Lesnar enters at #23

Lesnar eliminates Rowan

Jack Swagger enters at #24

Lesnar eliminates Swagger

The Miz enters at #25

Lesnar eliminates Harper

Alberto del Rio enters at #26 (Miz is technically eliminated as he didn't enter the ring before Alberto)

Lesnar eliminates Strowman

Bray Wyatt enters at #27

Wyatt Family attack and eliminate Lesnar

Ziggler enters at #28

The Miz finally enters (though he should be DQ'ed)

Sheamus enters at #29 but Reigns returns and interrupts intro.

Reigns eliminates The Miz and Alberto

Triple H enters at #30

Triple H eliminates Ziggler

Triple H and Sheamus eliminate... Wyatt (fuck this match, I'm done)

Ambrose eliminates Jericho

FINAL 4 - AMBROSE, SHEAMUS, REIGNS, AND TRIPLE H

Reigns eliminates Sheamus

Triple H eliminates Reigns

FINAL 2 - AMBROSE AND TRIPLE H 

...and your fucking winner is Triple H

Edited by Tamer

I posted the results in a spoiler above but... Triple H is the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion... they could have swerved the entire crowd by having Ambrose win that.

Ambrose winning the Royal Rumble would have cemented The Shield trio -- Rollins and Reigns have been WWE WHC while Ambrose has not. Having Ambrose go through a hellashish Last Man Standing match to retain the IC Championship, only to go on and win the Royal Rumble along with the WWE WHC... opportunity squandered.

Rumble was shit. Roman to beat HHH at Mania, who cares.

Oh well, we got AJ Styles. Bray vs. Brock seems to be happening. And Sasha Banks is in the title picture. I'll just skip the Mania main event this year, watch everything else.

Right with you! 

Well I guess it is all about the game and how you play it it is all about control and if you can take it. Seriously Brock gets eliminated and doesn't just murder everyone at ringside.

Think about this...this is Brock's first lost in years, do you really think he would take that lying down? Why the hell would you book him in a contest where he was going to lose. At least he should have entered early and eliminated half the roster.

Also you have your top babyface in Reigns and take him out for half the Rumble? Oh yeah nothing screams dominating champion than being absent for the stupid thing. I remember Benoit and Rey going to the back for half the match when they entered in at 1...oh right Reigns is the new Stone Cold so they had to recreate 1999. Wouldn't a better story have been to have Reigns go the distance but the last 5 entrances are Rusev, Sheamus, Wade, Del Rio and then HHH at 30. It would have made his loss mean more because despite being in there from the beginning he is now running down a gauntlet of people who hate him and in the end he just falls short.

Whatever, that was a stupid Rumble and wasn't even as fun as the last 2 where the crowds boos made it enjoyable.

Everyone go and LIke m0nst3rG4m3r007 post http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/3288-the-wwe-discussion-thread/page-125#entry872325

1 Splathew

2 vfc2012setubal

11 HaSoOoN-MHD

13 darkamdusias

17 KitsuneChaos

18 Dr_Mayus

19 Suicide_Tortuga

20 Razza

21 jackmadrox, SkyesUnholy

23 Predrag-K

24 Juzota

25 GoldenShaka

28 skidmarkgn

30 m0nst3rG4m3r007

Edited by Dr_Mayus

PLEEEEEASE do an AJ/Owens program WWE!!

I am hoping for Sami vs Owens at Mania.

I mentioned early I would rather have AJ vs Jericho as those two would put on a hell of a match and Jericho could take the loss (I mean he lost to Fandango at Mania he can lose to AJ)

My Mania card would be the following

Roman vs HHH (WWE Title)

Zayn vs Owens

Jericho vs AJ

Undertaker vs Balor

Brock vs Nakamura

New Day vs Anderson&Gallows (Tag titles)

Charlotte vs Sasha (Divas Title...but Sasha wins and turns it into the Women's Title)

Ambrose vs Bryan...if he is cleared (Intercontinental Championship)

League of Nations vs Wyatts

US Title Ladder match with Kalisto, Dolph, Miz, Sandow, Neville, Stardust & R-Truth (because he is always in these matches)