The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Did a signing with PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) yesterday.

Not for nothing, he has to be one of the single nicest guys I've ever met.

Not the biggest fan of Titus O' Neil, or HHH though. xD
And apparently the entire roster doesn't like Sheamus -- "but not because he's a bad guy or anything; he just comes off as rude".

Was a fun day.

I'm sure there's a lot of resentment among the roster because of why he was/is pushed so hard despite fans never really warming up to him.  Being HHH's little ass-kissing yes-man has its advantages I guess.

I'm not even sure it's much of a push thing, or at least not recently.

According to PJ, he hasn't watched the product at all lately; he didn't even know that HHH was the champ right now (though his expression was rather priceless). 

He did leave quite a while ago, so I'm sure the recent Sheamus reign didn't have much to do with what he claimed.

Supposedly Sheamus tries to be a nice guy -- he just fails hardcore. xD

I'm not even sure it's much of a push thing, or at least not recently.

According to PJ, he hasn't watched the product at all lately; he didn't even know that HHH was the champ right now (though his expression was rather priceless). 

He did leave quite a while ago, so I'm sure the recent Sheamus reign didn't have much to do with what he claimed.

Supposedly Sheamus tries to be a nice guy -- he just fails hardcore. xD

I'm sure his most current reign didn't factor in but Shaemus was pushed to the moon right out of the gate, I know that rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way.  It's also common knowledge that he was HHH's little pet project and "good buddy".

I'm sure most of you have heard by now, but Daniel Bryan is officially retiring.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/daniel-bryan-announces-retirement-28665119

I think most of us were expecting this at some point, with all his medical problems, but it's still a bummer nonetheless.

Just saw this news, I feel so sad for him, I hope he gets in HoF 2017 he was one of the best wrestlers and he'll talk in Raw tonight. Thanks for everything Daniel, you provided us great wrestling moments.

• Like 1

I'm sure most of you have heard by now, but Daniel Bryan is officially retiring.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/daniel-bryan-announces-retirement-28665119

I think most of us were expecting this at some point, with all his medical problems, but it's still a bummer nonetheless.

yeah the WWE app send me a notification about it man sucks but it had to be done 

Just saw this news, I feel so sad for him, I hope he gets in HoF 2017 he was one of the best wrestlers and he'll talk in Raw tonight. Thanks for everything Daniel, you provided us great wrestling moments.

I just don't get why he was ranting on his twitter weeks ago, wanting the "WWE to clear him already", and now all of a sudden he's retiring. Maybe Brie finally convinced him?

Just got home from RAW.  Bitter-sweet.  It was awesome being in the crowd and hearing that send off but it also sucked knowing he was out there to say goodbye.  By the way, if anyone has it DVR'd and cares to look (won't know how much was on TV until I see the Hulu version tomorrow), when Reigns made his way to the ring for the contract signing, just before he started down the stairs there's a skinny tattoo'd arm (may have still had my jacket on though too) sticking out getting a fist-bump, that was me.  Seats were pretty sweet.

Edit: nope, they were still zoomed way out.  Best I can say is, when he made his little contract signing gesture before going down the stairs you can see a pair of hands clapping in the bottom right part of the screen.  Those were mine.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

Can't believe he's retired. Felt like he had so much more ahead of him, and it sucks. Goodbye Daniel Bryan.

Also i'd lack to backtrack to the kayfabe discussion for a bit, WWF wasn't great because of kayfabe. It was kind of common knowledge even back then, it was the self awareness. They knew itw as fucking ridiculous and they cranked it up to 11.