The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I was just wondering and I know this a WWE discussion thread but I still feel it's fine to ask. Does anyone on this forum watch other wrestling promotions such as RoH TNA New Japan Wrestling (think it's called that?) or Lucha Underground? If you do how do they compare to WWE/NXT

I used to watch TNA, years ago. It was a nice alternative to WWE. But ever since they got Hogan and Bischoff to run the show, back in 2011, it became a poor man's WWE. I haven't watched in a year or 2, so I don't know how it is now. All I know is they keep switching networks, so I don't even know what channel they're on anymore.

I've seen a couple episodes of Lucha Underground, it's good. It's very different from WWE or other wrestling shows, as it's more drama. Like, they play up the characters and storylines to almost cartoon levels, but it works so well. It's a fun show, and I plan on watching all of season 1 when I have time. I think they just started filming season 2.

I haven't seen ROH in forever. I used to watch when CM Punk and Samoa Joe were on there. I don't really know how it is now.

And I have never seen New Japan Pro Wrestling, or any Japanese wrestling show really. I just know of the big names from the promotions (like Nakamura, Okada, The Bullet Club, etc.)

• Like 1

Look at this ^^^. WWE is getting to a boiling point of such suckage that we're talking about OTHER wrestling promotions that we could watch instead. Speaking of TNA, I wish I watched Sting's run as the Insane Icon, aka The Joker. I've been watching clips of that on YouTube and it seemed pretty cool.

• Like 2

Look at this ^^^. WWE is getting to a boiling point of such suckage that we're talking about OTHER wrestling promotions that we could watch instead. Speaking of TNA, I wish I watched Sting's run as the Insane Icon, aka The Joker. I've been watching clips of that on YouTube and it seemed pretty cool.

I'm with you on that; I'm so jaded from months upon months of flat programming and plain-old shitty storytelling. I've stopped watching for months and cancelled the Network. I love wrestling and the WWE, but I shouldn't struggle to find a even a single reason to watch. 

I'm with you on that; I'm so jaded from months upon months of flat programming and plain-old shitty storytelling. I've stopped watching for months and cancelled the Network. I love wrestling and the WWE, but I shouldn't struggle to find a even a single reason to watch.

I was tempted to cancel the Network as well. But I love NXT too much. And they have a few good shows on there, like Breaking Ground or Stone Cold Podcast.

• Like 1

slammy2014_zps3a87bd8e.jpg?w=480&h=480&f

Male Wrestler of the Year: Seth Rollins

Female Wrestler of the Year: Bayley <3

Tag Team of the Year: The New Day

Match of the Year: Bayley v. Sasha Banks 

Rivalry of the Year: Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens (granted the rivalry will continue into 2016)

Spot of the Year: Kalisto performing the Salida del Sol from atop the ladder at TLC 2015

Mark-out Moment of the Year: Team ECW returns to WWE (missing Sabu and RVD)

Worst Wrestler of the Year: Tie - Baron Corbin, Roman Reigns, and Sin Cara.

Show of the Year: NXT PPV Events and Raw Shows

So, there's some huge rumors floating around right now. Apparently, some big NJPW stars are about to make the jump to WWE. Including AJ Styles, Nakamura, and the Bullet Club.

Only time will tell, but AJ Styles just followed HHH on Twitter and a couple members of the Bullet Club are teasing something about NXT.

So, there's some huge rumors floating around right now. Apparently, some big NJPW stars are about to make the jump to WWE. Including AJ Styles, Nakamura, and the Bullet Club.

Only time will tell, but AJ Styles just followed HHH on Twitter and a couple members of the Bullet Club are teasing something about NXT.

Dayum. AJ Styles was a boss and one of my favorite wrestlers back in the day with TNA along with Daniels, Sabin, Lethal, ect. Shame how the company looks now. Also Lucha got me back into watching wrestling again lol. I don't even know who most of these guys in WWE are smh

Edited by JuniorXX1000

Daniel Bryan returns in the Rumble and wins the title!!!!!  I'm keeping hope ali.......   ugh, fuck it.  Either Reigns or Cena wins.

Cena's 16 isn't going to come without some build to it and they can't take the title off Reigns yet. I mean he is already a 2 time champion, if he loses it in a month that will just be awful booking.

This Royal Rumble thing is so stupid as it is going to turn people against Reigns (again). People are either going to be expecting him to win (and boo him for winning it twice in a row) or he is going to lose and they will lose all good will built up with him.

Even if he loses it and wins it back at Mania that will be bad because then they should have just given the title to someone else and have Reign's first win come at Mania.

Nope...this is a stupid storyline

Cena's 16 isn't going to come without some build to it and they can't take the title off Reigns yet. I mean he is already a 2 time champion, if he loses it in a month that will just be awful booking.

This Royal Rumble thing is so stupid as it is going to turn people against Reigns (again). People are either going to be expecting him to win (and boo him for winning it twice in a row) or he is going to lose and they will lose all good will built up with him.

Even if he loses it and wins it back at Mania that will be bad because then they should have just given the title to someone else and have Reign's first win come at Mania.

Yeah, this new stipulation killed any hype I had for the Rumble. As I see it, there are only 4 possible outcomes. Each ones ends with Reigns on top.

1. Reigns wins the Rumble, retains against whoever at Wrestlemania.

2. Cena wins the Rumble. Roman wins the rematch at Wrestlemania. Passing of the torch.

3. Lesnar wins the Rumble. Reigns beats Lesnar at Wrestlemania (which would be stupid, considering their last match was one sided).

4. HHH wins the Rumble. Roman beats him at Wrestlemania.

Yeah, this new stipulation killed any hype I had for the Rumble. As I see it, there are only 4 possible outcomes. Each ones ends with Reigns on top.

1. Reigns wins the Rumble, retains against whoever at Wrestlemania.

2. Cena wins the Rumble. Roman wins the rematch at Wrestlemania. Passing of the torch.

3. Lesnar wins the Rumble. Reigns beats Lesnar at Wrestlemania (which would be stupid, considering their last match was one sided).

4. HHH wins the Rumble. Roman beats him at Wrestlemania.

Yup. also if the Authority is out to screw Reigns they will probably put him in at #1 which means we will be seeing Iron Man Reigns (a man not capable of going 60 minutes).

If I could predict this Rumble I am think 1999 where Austin and McMahon went the whole match together (but this time it is Reigns and HHH). The whole Rumble was built around that story and it completely killed it.

A good Rumble (like 1992 where the title was on the line) had multiple stories and multiple potential winners and it worked as a Rumble.

I don't know, WWE better be prepared for some backlash on this one :(

I threw Cena in as a #2 choice because I haven't ruled out Reigns/HHH at Mania.  They could have that match be about Reigns not having the title and wanting revenge.  I guess Brock winning the rumble and defending the title at WM could be a thing too.

I'm confused honestly about all of this. How will the winner of the Royal Rumble be decided? How does the winner to go on to the main event at WrestleMania? Because the winner of the Rumble wins the WWE title, right? So... Somebody please explain it to me.

Roman has a rematch clause in his contract. Whoever takes the title from him at the Rumble, will more than likely have to have a rematch at Wrestlemania.

Roman has a rematch clause in his contract. Whoever takes the title from him at the Rumble, will more than likely have to have a rematch at Wrestlemania.

Okay. But what if Roman wins? What if no one takes the title from him at the Rumble? So who goes on to Mania as a challenger to face Reigns in the main event?

Okay. But what if Roman wins? What if no one takes the title from him at the Rumble? So who goes on to Mania as a challenger to face Reigns in the main event?

Hulk Hogan. ;)

In all seriousness though, in the event of a Reigns win, there are two possibilities as far as challengers go (as I see it, anyway):

1. Somebody is going to attack him after the win or on Raw the next night, setting up an angle.

2. A tournament will be held and the winner will be decided at the February pay-per-view. Winner faces Reigns at WrestleMania. 

Hulk Hogan. ;)

In all seriousness though, in the event of a Reigns win, there are two possibilities as far as challengers go (as I see it, anyway):

1. Somebody is going to attack him after the win or on Raw the next night, setting up an angle.

2. A tournament will be held and the winner will be decided at the February pay-per-view. Winner faces Reigns at WrestleMania. 

Lol. Hogan is just the default choice in booking conundrums.

But seriously, if Roman somehow retains the title at the Royal Rumble, the Rumble will mean nothing. It'll just be another obstacle Reigns overcame. So in the event of a Reigns win, the Rumble WILL NOT determine at least one of the challengers in the main event at WrestleMania. It'll just be a match, put simply. A title defense.  :S

I'm hating the idea of it more and more.

But seriously, if Roman somehow retains the title at the Royal Rumble, the Rumble will mean nothing. It'll just be another obstacle Reigns overcame. So in the event of a Reigns win, the Rumble WILL NOT determine at least one of the challengers in the main event at WrestleMania. It'll just be a match, put simply. A title defense.  :S

That's probably why Roman isn't winning. There's no way they will have the Rumble boo'd 3 years in a row. Someone is definitely talking the title from him, and then setting up a rematch at Mania.

There's still the Fastlane PPV in between the Rumble and WM too.  Someone could win the title, Reigns gets a rematch at Fastlane and gets screwed by HHH, setting up a match at 'Mania between the two with no title implications, leaving several options for a new world champ and a new title feud for WM.  I kind of like the idea because of how open it leaves the results.