The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Hmm, so no action for Riot last night :/

Well, it was better than the Sasha - Paige from Monday night.

I guess I was the only one that noticed Paige out of shape. Sasha looked great, focused, agil, strong. Paige the whole opposite, a lot of botches, 80% of her match was gimmicks and the rest wrestling skills. 

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

I really liked smackdown this week, a really strong weekly show imo. I really wished it was 30 minutes longer because they have so many good superstars that are not featured each week that some more time would make the show even better. I wanted to see Breezango, Chad & Shelton, The Usos and A.J :( 

I don't know why they made a lumberjack match for the women when they could have made two different matches but we'll see.

The PPV is looking good so far so I hope they are not going to screw up the show.

Daniel Bryan's storyline with Shane is becoming really interesting, I really don't know the direction this story will take and I really like that. (Too many predictable stories nowadays, or matches that are made 1 year in advance ? ) Will it lead to a return in the ring for Bryan ? Is it Daniel Bryan's last huge storyline before he leaves WWE ? I can't wait to see :D 

Oh, and I am willing to bet that Orton's partner will not be Nakamura because announcing a mystery partner would be stupid with last night events but maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

So HHH beat Jindar in India...that just happened. I guess the whole "Indian Superstar" experiment is completely over now but I don't see why it failed. I mean WWE randomly took a jobber from Calgary and made him Champion after only winning twice in an entire year. Then gave him the Evil Foreigner gimmick and make him never win cleanly...and then when India somehow didn't get behind the guy that was making their country look bad....you took the title off of him a couple of weeks before visiting that country and have him lose cleanly to the retired boss of the company.

I don't understand how this didn't get the guy over :( 

• Like 1

Hmm, first time that I get a google alert Amber alarm style.

Rich Swann has been arrested in Florida, he was charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748510-wwe-superstar-rich-swann-arrested-for-kidnapping-and-false-imprisonment

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Hmm, first time that I get a google alert Amber alarm style.

Rich Swann has been arrested in Florida, he was charged with kidnapping and flase imprisonment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748510-wwe-superstar-rich-swann-arrested-for-kidnapping-and-false-imprisonment

That is awful. Poor Su Yung.

I expect him to be released like Adam Rose.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2017 at 6:58 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

So HHH beat Jindar in India...that just happened. I guess the whole "Indian Superstar" experiment is completely over now but I don't see why it failed. I mean WWE randomly took a jobber from Calgary and made him Champion after only winning twice in an entire year. Then gave him the Evil Foreigner gimmick and make him never win cleanly...and then when India somehow didn't get behind the guy that was making their country look bad....you took the title off of him a couple of weeks before visiting that country and have him lose cleanly to the retired boss of the company.

I don't understand how this didn't get the guy over :( 

I really expected Jinder to win. Also that whole Triple H, The Shield, The Bar and Samoa Joe segment looked like they were all tired as you could see the fake-ness moves they were performing in the ring :lol:. This may also just prove that AJ Styles will retain his title at Clash of Champions. I might be wrong though.

So far we have Killian Dain and Johnny Gargano who have won and have their runs for the NXT Championship. Can't wait to see who the next two will be. 

Edited by ee28max

20 minutes ago, ee28max said:

I really expected Jinder to win. Also that whole Triple H, The Shield, The Bar and Samoa Joe segment looked like they were all tired as you could see the fake-ness moves they were performing in the ring :lol:. This may also just prove that AJ Styles will retain his title at Clash of Champions. I might be wrong though.

So far we have Killian Dain and Johnny Gargano who have won and have their runs for the NXT Championship. Can't wait to see who the next two will be. 

But some of the reports are saying Cena is supposed to win his 17th title from Jindar at Mania. I mean that can obviously change but wouldn't that be a HUGE mistake to take the title off of AJ to give to Jindar just so he can lose to Cena. 

I know the WWE doesn't care how stupid their storylines are for Mania (as they booked for the audience that tunes in once a year) but if they are going to do that then the title should never have been taken of Mahal to begin with and just let him go to India the champ and beat HHH.

Seriously they need to fire about 30 of their writers and just go back to the old way of having a couple of bookers so this shit starts to make sense again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

That is awful. Poor Su Yung.

I expect him to be released like Adam Rose.

Swann seems to be one sick human being to treat his wife like that. I'll never understand men that do such horrible things (or worse) to women. He had everything one could wish for - a wife, a great job, money, freedom - now he can kiss all of it goodbye and possibly land in prison for a long time. Let's see if he can handle this.

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Swann seems to be one sick human being to treat his wife like that. I'll never understand men that do such horrible things (or worse) to women. He had everything one could wish for - a wife, a great job, money, freedom - now he can kiss all of it goodbye and possibly land in prison for a long time. Let's see if he can handle this.

I saw what you did there ;)

But I agree with your sentiment. it's disheartening to find out when this happens, especially when it is your favorite wrestler. (I'm not saying that he is my favorite. He's a decent wrestler, but given what happened, my perception of him has changed.)

In the past, Steven Austin was abusive to his wife, Batista slept around with women while his wife had cancer, Chris Benoit killed his wife and kids and commited suicide, Adam rose pulled and screamed at his wife. Swann will be up there, given how he handled the situation.

(I may have forgotten a few wrestlers that did ridiculous stuff. So far, these are the ones i have heard about.)

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I saw what you did there ;)

But I agree with your sentiment. it's disheartening to find out when this happens, especially when it is your favorite wrestler. (I'm not saying that he is my favorite. He's a decent wrestler, but given what happened, my perception of him has changed.)

In the past, Steven Austin was abusive to his wife, Batista slept around with women while his wife had cancer, Chris Benoit killed his wife and kids and commited suicide, Adam rose pulled and screamed at his wife. Swann will be up there, given how he handled the situation.

(I may have forgotten a few wrestlers that did ridiculous stuff. So far, these are the ones i have heard about.)

Chris Benoit killing his wife and kids, then committing suicide afterwards was the worst, saddest and most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard in the WWE. That could be probably the reason why mentioning his name in WWE is blasphemous? I'm not sure whether I've heard this right, but I think it was just some dumb internet rumor. I could be wrong, but it's super rare to witness this these days. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Well, it seems like we are getting Braun Strowman vs Brock Lesnar 2 at the RR. (Unless they randomly decide to push Kane to the top :P )

Is it reasonable to think that Braun might win the title just before mania ? :( 

And why can't Kane beat Brock at the Rumble and then go on to face the winner of the Rumble at Mania? 

I am predicting that Luke Gallows wins the Rumble and Kane wins the Title and then we have Kane vs Ex-Fake Kane for the Championship at Mania

Also just so you know if I am right you all owe me a million dollars :)...I don't care if you agree or not

• Like 1

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

Dec. 11, 2017

What we just saw, was a show called RAW. Ha ha, just some rhyme out of my head. So, it wasn't so good to see The Shield, Samoa Joe and The Bar twice in one night, they made them look like protagonists. I can't believe they made Cesaro lose to Roman again. I'm really tired and I'm sick of it. Can't wait for a Shake-Up next year. Rollins wins again, no surprises there. Dean Ambrose being the only Shield member losing is a clue we're looking at. Might be a heel turn after getting angry about how he's the weakest in The Shield.

Another jobber Balor defeats the inured neck Curtis Axel. What a boring feud.

The Women's Division has finally responded to Absolution but I'm a little confused why the used Sasha's theme song. I thought Alexa would come by and show them what she's got and maybe fix what happened after getting attacked a few weeks back.

I thought this Enzo and Nia storyline ended but it's just the beginning. Can't wait to see what's next for those two. I'm happy for Cedric Alexander because he is very talented and I think he's gonna defeat Drew Gulak, then Enzo at Royal Rumble. 

Delete, delete, delete, delete, delete and delete.

Super epic ending for The Monsters. Great and I enjoyed. Not sure who's gonna face Brock at Royal Rumble, but I really don't wanna Braun get squashed again. 

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

And why can't Kane beat Brock at the Rumble and then go on to face the winner of the Rumble at Mania? 

I am predicting that Luke Gallows wins the Rumble and Kane wins the Title and then we have Kane vs Ex-Fake Kane for the Championship at Mania

Also just so you know if I am right you all owe me a million dollars :)...I don't care if you agree or not

Oh, the deal is on. You'll give me your brand new PS4 and it'll be all mine :devil:.  

• Like 1

RAW is going to be a pain in the *** to watch until the RR if they can't manage to give us a different looking show each and every week. I'm tired of The Bar + Joe vs Shield and the rest of the show isn't going anywhere either. 

The segment between Awoken Matt and Bray Wyatt and the main event after match between the two monsters was still good enough to save this show from mediocrity but still, think harder bookers ? Hopefully, Brock Lesnar (who is apparently going to be a Rocky movie star ...) will make next week show more interesting.

Oh, I almost forgot the colision between Nia Jax and Mandy Rose, it was so good to see :P 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ee28max said:

Oh, the deal is on. You'll give me your brand new PS4 and it'll be all mine :devil:.  

Tell you what, I will give you my copy of Fairy tale Fights. I talk about it all the time...it is obviously a prized possession :P

Edited by Dr_Mayus

On 12/11/2017 at 2:11 PM, ee28max said:

Chris Benoit killing his wife and kids, then committing suicide afterwards was the worst, saddest and most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard in the WWE. That could be probably the reason why mentioning his name in WWE is blasphemous? I'm not sure whether I've heard this right, but I think it was just some dumb internet rumor. I could be wrong, but it's super rare to witness this these days. 

I agree

Benoit is the Voldemort of WWE. He who must not to be named, and must be forgotten (which is a shame, because before the incident he was a good technical wrestler). There are people who are mixed about benoit. Between poor guy to hating his guts.

These videos go deep about how people feel him if you are interested in watching them. ( 1. Wrestling Most Despised - Chris Benoit , 2. Steve Austin gives his honest opinion of Chris Benoit , 3. Talk Is Jericho Chris Benoit: 10 Years Later)

I start with Jericho first, considering that half of his matches were with Chris Benoit. Though that is not all the matches, its a good place to start (if you are interested)

• Like 2

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

Dec. 12, 2017

Great show, a warm up for upcoming Clash of Champions PPV this Sunday. So now we have learned that there'll be two special guest referees and we're pretty sure that not all of them will keep the match in order. It's obvious we'll see a Daniel Bryan heel turn, because we all know that Sami Zayn and K.O aren't going anywhere. I hope Randy doesn't cut his hair (it's looking bad ass thus far) and the "Yep Movement" goes wild.

Another copied moment from the Women's division when The Riott Squad ran away after getting attacked by the other women. Not sure why they do this. I really hope the Women's Championship match turns out good.

Finally we'll be getting a Zack Ryder vs Mojo Rowley match (as a Kickoff), but I'm still hyped. Breezango is back in the ring to face The Bludgeon Bros and I love where this Fasion Files story is going. 

It's pretty obvious that The Singh Brothers are still being used as chopper sticks for Jinder and it's a hellsgate for AJ Styles now. There's a slight chance he'll walk away with the title, but the majority counts that he will not. 

Looking forward to the US Championship and the Tag Team. I don't know why most of my friends refuse to watch the PPV this Sunday, but I hope it will be super amazing. 

• Like 1

I watched bits and pieces of RAW. The whole awoken matt hardy and bray wyatt segment I thought was just horrible. My opinion, I think it's lame. And the laughing...just goes on too long and gets quite annoying. If this is what the rest of Wyatt's future in WWE looks like, then that's very sad. Maybe Wyatt should be deleted.

The brawl between Kane and Strowman was actually pretty good though.

Roman Reigns vs Cesaro was easily the match of the night. But come on, if you expected anything more than Cesaro almost beating Reigns, you're delusional. And it sounds like Roman is getting more of a mixed reaction now, instead of all boos? Huh, weird. I guess some people like the taste of shit now. Must be the new "thing".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Also, The bludgeon brothers match....

Makes you wonder.  On the one hand, you get to be in a WWE match on live television, the goal of pretty much any professional wrestler.  On the other hand, it's a squash/job against the Bludgeon Brothers, and they're gonna stiff the hell out of you.  Man, dream or nightmare? 

Also, that squeal during the powerbomb followed by Corey's "I forgot his name but that's okay 'cause so did he" line was priceless.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2