The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

11/6/2017

Good show, but would've been even better if Roman returned. Hopefully next week then. So, Team RAW is 100% completed. I'm glad that both Finn Balor and Samoa Joe are added and they'll most likely fight at Survivor Series, just like Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles, last year. I'm not sure how I feel about Jason in the Team, because something's gonna go wrong. If Roman returns next week, then he might claim for a spot in the Team, leading to a match against Jason - winner joins/stays in the Team, but I doubt it'll happen. I wonder when RAW will get their Under Siege attack on SmackDown. Will SmackDown kickoff at England too?

Pete Dunne arrives on the CW division and takes out Enzo. Interesting, because I think the two can make a great match if their feud continues. 

I knew Kane would come and cause DQ to Braun and Miz's match. Kane and Braun's feud is really interesting as I have a feeling that he'll cost The Monster the 5 vs 5 match and he'll be eliminated. I laughed so hard when Miz begged Kurt to cancel his match against Braun at Miz TV.

I see it's 4/5 of the RAW Women's Team ready. Was Bailey left out or something?

You have no idea how I nearly threw my popcorn at the screen of the TV to witness how The New Day invaded the Tag Team match, and now Seth & Dean lost it to Cesaro & Sheamus. I'm not saying they don't make an above-averaged Tag Team, it's just that I wanted The Shield to face The Usos at Survivor Series. Fingers crossed they'll retain their titles tonight, against Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Many rumors have it that AJ Styles is favored to defeat Jinder Mahal tonight for the WWE Championship and this doesn't only mean that he'll face Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series, but this also means that The Modern Day Maharaja's title reign will end as it has lasted his May 21, 2017 at BackLash. This might be cool, but I doubt it will happen. If he does win, then what will happen to the 5th member of Team SD? What will be done? I see Rusev or Dolph as the fitting ones on the spot.

Becky Lynch vs James Ellsworth will be entertaining as hell. This reminds me of Beth Phoenix eliminating The Great Khali at the Royal Rumble of 2007 if not 2008. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Raw_rendered--ec68e1bc84425572999a0fb774ea7165.png

WWE RAW

11/6/2017

Good show, but would've been even better if Roman returned. Hopefully next week then. So, Team RAW is 100% completed. I'm glad that both Finn Balor and Samoa Joe are added and they'll most likely fight at Survivor Series, just like Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles, last year. I'm not sure how I feel about Jason in the Team, because something's gonna go wrong. If Roman returns next week, then he might claim for a spot in the Team, leading to a match against Jason - winner joins/stays in the Team, but I doubt it'll happen. I wonder when RAW will get their Under Siege attack on SmackDown. Will SmackDown kickoff at England too?

Pete Dunne arrives on the CW division and takes out Enzo. Interesting, because I think the two can make a great match if their feud continues. 

I knew Kane would come and cause DQ to Braun and Miz's match. Kane and Braun's feud is really interesting as I have a feeling that he'll cost The Monster the 5 vs 5 match and he'll be eliminated. I laughed so hard when Miz begged Kurt to cancel his match against Braun at Miz TV.

I see it's 3/5 of the RAW Women's Team ready. Was Bailey left out or something?

You're wrong, there are four members of the women team: Alicia, Asuka, Nia Jax and Sasha.

So, I guess we'll have a triple threat match next week: Mickie, Dana and Bailey. I think they'll go for Mickie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

You're wrong, there are four members of the women team: Alicia, Asuka, Nia Jax and Sasha.

So, I guess we'll have a triple threat match next week: Mickie, Dana and Bailey. I think they'll go for Mickie.

Yeah, I noticed I typed 3 instead of 4. I'll edit it right now. It's great to have an Empress on the Team. I think Mickie will be the 5th member as well. Looks like they have nothing planned for Dana Brooke. Are you on Team RAW or SmackDown?

19 hours ago, Venocide said:

Not anymore apparently . https://www.foxsports.com.au/wwe/wrestling-world-shocked-as-chris-jericho-to-face-kenny-omega-at-new-japan-pro-wrestlings-wrestle-kingdom-12/news-story/1e64b20bce4d562837617212efaf78f5?

---

Should rename this thread "Wrestling Discussion", since I don't watch WWE anymore, I feel like I don't belong here. :P

I agree, but this thread was created by a super-lunatic, WWE A+ fan, so I'm not gonna argue with him ?. I thought there were other Wrestling Threads, like TNA/GFW, NJPR, ROH, etc.

Edited by ee28max

Finally Mahal's Nightmare reign is over. I never would have thought that they let the WWE Championship change hands outside the USA or Canada again. Styles deserves it so much more and should've never lost the title back in January in the first place. Let's just hope that Jinder doesn't get the title back in a couple of weeks. That's my biggest concern right now.

All in all I liked Smackdown more, but Raw was good too. I was surprised to see The Bar winning the Tag Titles, but I guess The Shield will now face The New Day in a 6-Man Tag Team Match at Survivor Series, so Ambrose & Rollins don't need the belts.

• Like 1

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

WWE SmackDown LIVE

11/7/2017

Above-averaged show, better than RAW! So, it looks like The New Day will be facing The Shield at Survivor Series, after they cost them the RAW Tag Team Champions. I was expecting RAW to invade SmackDown, since they were both in Manchester, England. They only have next week for an under siege revenge. If not, then that's their loss. 

There goes another superstar thrown down in the water well. Sami Zayn or Kevin Owens could just fill up that empty slot in Team SD, but Shane doesn't want either of them, so that's Shane for them. If Rusev can't be the 5th member, then who will be? They only have next week to decide. 

The Battle of the Sexes match was hilarious. It was so obvious that Becky would defeat James Ellsworth, because he's nothing. It also looks like Carmella finally let go of the dog leash and super kicked James right on the face. Was she always a face character or did she just turn into one? Great job, just waiting for a cash in at Survivor Series, maybe.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupid, horrible, grotesque, disappointing, exhausting, tiresome WWE Championship reign of Jinder Mahal is over. I'm so glad AJ Styles now rules the house that he built. He makes an infinite times better champion than Jinder Mahal. I'm starting to wish he never lost it to John Cena at Royal Rumble. I hope he doesn't lose it.

• Like 1

I really didn't like RAW this week but the awful crowd certainly played a "huge" role in this show. I'm glad that Sheamus and Cesaro took the championships, let's just hope they don't go the hot potato way and make them lose the titles next week. I also don't like the Samoa Joe and Finn Balor feud, first because they need to build momentum, not kill eachothers momentum and also because I already saw this REALLY LONG feud one year ago iirc. (If you didn't watch NXT there is no problem with this feud I believe)

I wasn't really looking forward to this Smackdown because I already knew that Jinder was going to lose the title so the excitement wasn't there, especially with RAW's sleepy crowd. I still decided to watch the show and it was pretty good and the crowd was also way better thankfully. I really enjoyed Becky Lynch and Ellsworth match and it was a nice change :) I'm happy for AJ but not as much as I would like to be since I fear that WWE bookers makes him get squashed by Lesnar or/and lose the title to Jinder during the Indian Tour.

Next week should be interesting, I hope to see Paul Heyman do a phenomenal promo about AJ Styles :D 

I also wonder if Gable and Shelton are going to win the championships next week if Jey's injury is that bad.

I'd just like to add that smackdown team looks so good, with John Cena as the 5th member, I just can't see RAW win this match without some help from Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

My gosh, Team SmackDown's looking super bad-ass and unstoppable with John Cena as their 5th member, and I don't even know who's gonna be eliminated first. Team RAW is already dead, so it might be as well the last of The Olympic Gold Medalist's position as the General Manager. I wish Roman Reigns recovered much earlier so he could be added in Team RAW, and meet up with The Cenation Leader once again. I've been praying for his quick recovery, and even if he returns next week, it's already too late - Jason has his spot taken. I think Kurt and his son's storyline is getting somewhere now as teaming up together may be part of it. There will be countless possibilities in this 5 vs 5 match. The most obvious one is involving Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, of course.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:44 AM, ee28max said:

Yeah, I noticed I typed 3 instead of 4. I'll edit it right now. It's great to have an Empress on the Team. I think Mickie will be the 5th member as well. Looks like they have nothing planned for Dana Brooke. Are you on Team RAW or SmackDown?

Actually with all these things happening lately I'm not too sure now lol.

But I think SD guys will win and Raw gals will win (I just want them to win because of Asuka and Mickie - If she gets the last spot)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Finally Mahal's Nightmare reign is over. I never would have thought that they let the WWE Championship change hands outside the USA or Canada again. Styles deserves it so much more and should've never lost the title back in January in the first place. Let's just hope that Jinder doesn't get the title back in a couple of weeks. That's my biggest concern right now.

All in all I liked Smackdown more, but Raw was good too. I was surprised to see The Bar winning the Tag Titles, but I guess The Shield will now face The New Day in a 6-Man Tag Team Match at Survivor Series, so Ambrose & Rollins don't need the belts.

He is probably going to win it in India again so if anything this is even worse :(

Am I the only one not hating Jinder Mahal ? I'm not saying he is great but he his definitely decent (which is not enough for a WWE champion), the worst part of Jinder is his promos, but in the ring I find him more enjoyable to watch than a fan favorite like Dean Ambrose for example.

I'd really like to understand the hate with this guy, is it because he was pushed because he his indian or is it because of his awful promos about Nakamura or something else ?

In my opinion, they should have let him built some credibility by himself without the Singh Brothers or Great Khali because I always failed to understand why a guy in such an amazing shape needed help. (Last night really showed me how tall and how muscular Jinder is in front of an "average" guy like AJ Styles) 

I hope they don't stop his push immediately to make him be a jobber again because that would be the worst thing they could do considering all the months they spent on him.

I would really like them to give him some midcard-upcard feud against guys like Bobby Roode or even Baron Corbin (even though I don't know how they could build a heel vs heel) because he could really be a good midcard heel and maybe make a comeback to the main event scene when/if he manages to improve his weaknesses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Am I the only one not hating Jinder Mahal ? I'm not saying he is great but he his definitely decent (which is not enough for a WWE champion), the worst part of Jinder is his promos, but in the ring I find him more enjoyable to watch than a fan favorite like Dean Ambrose for example.

I'd really like to understand the hate with this guy, is it because he was pushed because he his indian or is it because of his awful promos about Nakamura or something else ?

In my opinion, they should have let him built some credibility by himself without the Singh Brothers or Great Khali because I always failed to understand why a guy in such an amazing shape needed help. (Last night really showed me how tall and how muscular Jinder is in front of an "average" guy like AJ Styles) 

I hope they don't stop his push immediately to make him be a jobber again because that would be the worst thing they could do considering all the months they spent on him.

I would really like them to give him some midcard-upcard feud against guys like Bobby Roode or even Baron Corbin (even though I don't know how they could build a heel vs heel) because he could really be a good midcard heel and maybe make a comeback to the main event scene when/if he manages to improve his weaknesses.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'll be more than happy to explain my hate.

First was his build, and I don't mean his physique, I mean his character build... or more specifically, lack thereof.  His push was literally 2 matches, he went from jobbing to Mojo, to jobbing to (and injuring) Finn, to #1 contender, to champ... and that ain't a summary, that was his literal push.  Meanwhile, Braun has spent close to a year being every fan's top guy but still never achieved what Jinder was given in a month because Braun is stuck on the same show as Roman.  That was slap in the face #1

Then, Jinder goes over Randy, twice, which was fine.  No one want's to see Randy on top again.  Followed by going over Nakamura, twice, which is less fine.  I know not everyone is on board with Shinsuke (I'll even admit he can be boring at times) but there's no denying he's 10,000x more deserving of a run at the top than Jinder.  Not only did we have to watch Jinder go over better talent, but we had to watch the same exact bullshit all 4 times.  Jinder's outclassed, then the Singh brothers interfere and he wins dirty, rinse, repeat.  That right there shows how limited he is in the ring, especially compared to the guys he's going over.  The powers that be had so little faith in him carrying an entertaining match that they booked 4 PPV matches in a row that way.  AJ was the only guy that could get an entertaining match out of him and, come on, he's AJ.  Slap #2

Following that is the obvious reasoning behind everything.  First, he got buff, which we all know still gives Vince a raging boner every time, even though in today's world of wrestling being buff is the least important thing to most fans.  Second, he's Canadian Indian, and it's also no secret Vince wants that market something fierce.  He's tried and failed before back when we all had to endure Khali and he's pulled the same shit with other guys in other markets -Alberto Del Rio-.  There's nothing worse than a forced push for (IMO) all the wrong reasons.  Slap #3

Finally, he's a guy with zero charisma on a show that shines a pretty bright light on that particular flaw. Cena, AJ, Shinsuke, New Day, KO, Sami, Daniel Bryan, Roode, the Fashion Police, Uso's... that's a pretty tough list to be compared to when you're 100% uninteresting in every way, yet he's the one they choose to be the "face of the brand".  

P.S.

Those promos

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Can't speak for anyone else but I'll be more than happy to explain my hate.

First was his build, and I don't mean his physique, I mean his character build... or more specifically, lack thereof.  His push was literally 2 matches, he went from jobbing to Mojo, to jobbing to (and injuring) Finn, to #1 contender, to champ... and that ain't a summary, that was his literal push.  Meanwhile, Braun has spent close to a year being every fan's top guy but still never achieved what Jinder was given in a month because Braun is stuck on the same show as Roman.  That was slap in the face #1

Then, Jinder goes over Randy, twice, which was fine.  No one want's to see Randy on top again.  Followed by going over Nakamura, twice, which is less fine.  I know not everyone is on board with Shinsuke (I'll even admit he can be boring at times) but there's no denying he's 10,000x more deserving of a run at the top than Jinder.  Not only did we have to watch Jinder go over better talent, but we had to watch the same exact bullshit all 4 times.  Jinder's outclassed, then the Singh brothers interfere and he wins dirty, rinse, repeat.  That right there shows how limited he is in the ring, especially compared to the guys he's going over.  The powers that be had so little faith in him carrying an entertaining match that they booked 4 PPV matches in a row that way.  AJ was the only guy that could get an entertaining match out of him and, come on, he's AJ.  Slap #2

Following that is the obvious reasoning behind everything.  First, he got buff, which we all know still gives Vince a raging boner every time, even though in today's world of wrestling being buff is the least important thing to most fans.  Second, he's Canadian Indian, and it's also no secret Vince wants that market something fierce.  He's tried and failed before back when we all had to endure Khali and he's pulled the same shit with other guys in other markets -Alberto Del Rio-.  There's nothing worse than a forced push for (IMO) all the wrong reasons.  Slap #3

Finally, he's a guy with zero charisma on a show that shines a pretty bright light on that particular flaw. Cena, AJ, Shinsuke, New Day, KO, Sami, Daniel Bryan, Roode, the Fashion Police, Uso's... that's a pretty tough list to be compared to when you're 100% uninteresting in every way, yet he's the one they choose to be the "face of the brand".  

P.S.

Those promos

I agree with everything you said BUT  I will say if they had built him up all those months ago getting win after win and maybe a run with the US title and then in India he beats whomever for the title for a big celebration I would be OK with it.  Is he the best champion...of course not...but at least it would have been more believable. Then you give him a title run until Mania and have John Cena beat him for #17 or something. I mean if they did it that way I don't think anyone would have really complained all that much as oppose to losing all the time and champ the next week.

Also if they are really building him up to be this big Indian star...WHY MAKE HIM A HEEL. I mean I get that it worked for Bret (where he was a heel in the States but a face everywhere else) but that is Bret Freaking Hart and WWF toured Canada quite often so at least we got to see Bret getting cheered often. With Jinder he is just a racist asshole and if I was Indian I would be offended that WWE is trying to push this guy as the "national hero". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I agree with everything you said BUT  I will say if they had built him up all those months ago getting win after win and maybe a run with the US title and then in India he beats whomever for the title for a big celebration I would be OK with it.  Is he the best champion...of course not...but at least it would have been more believable. Then you give him a title run until Mania and have John Cena beat him for #17 or something. I mean if they did it that way I don't think anyone would have really complained all that much as oppose to losing all the time and champ the next week.

No but about it, you're exactly right.  He was light-speed pushed for terrible reasons that not only insulted our intelligence but insulted every worker who put more into their character than "look at how big I got Vince".  He's the ceremonial billionth "evil foreign heel" character that hasn't worked since the '80's.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Let's see... :hmm: 

Firstly, I hate The Singh Brothers. I honestly can't stand them. This is like a sequel to Seth Rollins and J&J Security back in 2015, but there it was very much better because Seth was so much entertaining and the matches he got in the PPVs weren't as repetitive as Jinder's. The storyline there was super decent. I enjoyed it when he destroyed his Shield brothers, he got The Undertaker to return at Battleground 2015 during his match against Brock Lesnar, and he even ended Sting's career... Oops!

Secondly, I think Jinder has a great potential of winning matches by himself without The Singh Brothers. Like everyone has said here, in 4 straight PPVs in a row, Jinder and The Singh Brothers' tactic successfully worked. Randy even took out The Singh Brothers before attempting to RKO Jinder at the Money in the Bank PPV, but Jinder got an opportunity to finish him off with just "one" The Colossus (or whatever his finisher is called). There is already an unsolved mystery when The Punjabi Prison match creator returned at the Battleground PPV, and disappeared from there. Same thing to the Bray Wyatt - Sister Abigail story. Now, Mr Phenomenal got the spotlight in England by taking out the bros and going for the ultimate Phenomenal Forearm to end his reign. He'll obviously lose it to Jinder again at the Indian Tour (or maybe at Clash of Champions). I think he'll finally lose it at WM34 to Cena for the #17. There are currently so many superstars on SmackDown that were better deserving champions, like Nakamura. 

Thirdly, is it just me, or does 3MB need a reunion? I feel like the team of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre (on the way to the main roster some time in the future) and Jinder Mahal himself need to get back together (even if it's just for a short while). I know that Heath Slater's got kids too :lol:, but he also needs a push. Oh, and for the record, he's the only member of 3MB who actually never won a Championship. They should bring more trios. Jinder was so calm during his days with the team and I enjoyed their matches and how they got attacked by The Shield backstage. That superman punch to Heath, though.

Lastly, I don't think he needed to be a HEEL character. Well, sure it fits him and I think HEELS are expected to be treated this way, but if he's the Indian hero he calls himself, then why is he flamethrowing all the bad words? He's as well bad on the mic. Now I understand why WWE didn't upload his racist promo on YouTube, Twitter and other channels of that sort on somewhere September 19, 2017 edition of SmackDown LIVE - on the road to Hell in a Cell. "You always rook the same" :lol: 

11 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

His push was literally 2 matches, he went from jobbing to Mojo, to jobbing to (and injuring) Finn, to #1 contender, to champ... and that ain't a summary, that was his literal push.

Did all of that happen before the roster shake-up, especially injuring Finn Balor?

16 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Actually with all these things happening lately I'm not too sure now lol.

But I think SD guys will win and Raw gals will win (I just want them to win because of Asuka and Mickie - If she gets the last spot)

I agree. With SmackDown looking so damn good, I tip my hat to them winning and I pull the trigger to say goodbye to Kurt Angle as the GM. Team RAW of the Women will obviously win, because Asuka in the team (she'll probably be the sole winner anyway), because pinning her and eliminating her will not happen anytime soon. I first thought Alicia would suck being the captain because that rage backstage when she took out Sasha was vicious. I hope neither of them fight during the 5 vs 5 match. Hopefully Nia Jax would at least be one of the last 2 women in their team too. This week's SmackDown left me puzzled. I'm wondering if Carmella turned FACE (if she was HEEL before), because that sidekick to James was amazing. I hope she'll make a great SD Women's Champion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reports claim that Paige will be returning sooner than ever, and my first guess is that she'll appear at Survivor Series. What will she do? Oh, she'll be at SmackDown, which is where she needs to be at.  

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

I wasn't expecting such nice and really well/long detailed responses from all of you so thank you for that :) 

I kind of agree with everything you all said and the thing that annoyed me the most was to see the same finish over and over again but even with all of his weaknesses I just can't hate the guy, because obviously he isn't a great promo worker but I don't think a guy like The Miz could have made Jinder's promos great because the script he was given was really THAT bad imo. (During his feud with Nakamura) And I kind of liked the story of him returning after being fired and make us believe that hard work does pays off sometimes, but the main championship may have been too much for him.

__

Concerning Paige, now that I think about it, she should have returned during RAW/Smackdown in england this would have been a nice way to introduce her again in her home country, I just hope for her that she isn't going to receive some "We want Xavier/Maddox" chants or something like that :P 

On 11/9/2017 at 3:28 PM, itachi-destroyer said:

Concerning Paige, now that I think about it, she should have returned during RAW/Smackdown in england this would have been a nice way to introduce her again in her home country, I just hope for her that she isn't going to receive some "We want Xavier/Maddox" chants or something like that :P 

While this (this being wrestlers personal relationships) is something I rarely care about there's rumors floatin' around that Paige has done away with good 'ol Alberto Del *fill in the blank*.  I really REALLY hope that's true and Paige is turning the corner and growing up.  She was one of my favorite female talents in NXT and her early call up days and I'd love nothing more than to see her comeback strong and just hit the freakin' reset button. 

• Like 1

I was so happy to see Triple H but the match I'm the most interested in is AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar, I just hope it will be a "real" match and not one of those match where the opponent gets destroyed by Brock.

I'm also interested in the main survivor series match team Kurt vs team Shane but that's just because the two teams look incredible :P And I can't wait for all the possibilities we could see in ONE match, we could potentially see Shinsuke Nakamura vs Triple H or John Cena vs Kurt Angle or Randy Orton vs Samoa Joe :D 

I really don't care about the rest of the show though, and as for tonight I think we can expect to see RAW retaliate with a siege of their own.

• Like 1

Hello *hello* *hello*

Where the hell is everyone?  Smackdown was freakin' super sweet last night, a 5th spot has opened up for the Smackdown women's team *cough* Paige *cough*, and rumor has it Neville is extremely close to coming back.  All this good stuff to discuss, LETS GO PEOPLE!!

• Like 3